PDA

View Full Version : Edwards appears to be working with 1st team according to Chris Brown

JJamezz
10-15-2007, 10:07 AM
For whatever its worth.. probably not much. Who knows what 'appears to be' means.

EDWARDS APPEARS TO BE GETTING 1ST TEAM REPS: Watching the early portion of practice this morning it appears as though Trent Edwards is still first in the rotation at the quarterback position. He also was with the first team offense to begin their no huddle segment. J.P. Losman was also taking reps during the individual portion of practice. We'll see if Dick Jauron has made a decision on who will start at QB later today and get an update on whether J.P. Losman is 100 percent healthy.

HAMMER
10-15-2007, 10:18 AM
I truely think they are turning the page and I think it is the right thing to do. I have always been a JP supporter and feel that he got a bad break losing his job because of Wilfork's cheap shot. But...Edwards accuracy and composure have me thinking he will develop nicely. He has been impressive in his distribution of the ball, he is obviously a bright guy and sees the field well. Taking all of this into consideration and adding in the fact that we are not a contender this year it is the right thing to do. Give him the PT, let him develop chemistry with the rest of the offense. Hopefully JP will be a good soldier and take a back seat w/o making waves. We may need him sooner than later with our injury situation being what it is this year. Handling the demotion with class will make him more marketable down the road, nobody likes a malcontent.

mybills
10-15-2007, 10:19 AM
It's only Monday. It means nothing.

TacklingDummy
10-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Losman better start against the Ravens.

mybills
10-15-2007, 10:36 AM
On Wednesday- Chris Brown will write:
J.P.LOSMAN APPEARS TO BE GETTING 1ST TEAM REPS:

justasportsfan
10-15-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't care who starts. This team better be prepared to pound Willis to the ground.

JJamezz
10-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Personally, I think if Edwards starts it's only because Losman isn't completely recovered yet. My gut tells me they want to give Losman one last shot, if for no other reason than to keep their options open. Like Brown and many people have noted, starting Edwards this week all but officially slams the door on JP's career in Buffalo.

While I think Edwards is the future, and want him on the field asap, I can't argue with that approach if that's what they end up doing.

mybills
10-15-2007, 10:48 AM
They are definitely still trying to decide which one will start. I wasn't kidding with that Wednesday report comment. Most likely, they are taking turns on different days, because of that and JP's injury. That's why you can't read too much into "appears to be".

billsburgh
10-15-2007, 11:13 AM
why?

djjimkelly
10-15-2007, 11:17 AM

why u dont want trent vs ravens D.

i agree losman better start but not for the trent tard reason u want afraid hes gonna get blown up?

djjimkelly
10-15-2007, 11:19 AM
WGR was saying snaps was split 50/50 even though trent took the very 1st snap.

more proof our coaches are a joke.

they had 1 whole week to make a decision. and what 2-3 hours of practice this morning is gonna make a decision either way.

A TOTAL JOKE.

i want losman.

MORE IMPORTANTLY I WANT COACHES WHO CAN MAKE A DECISION AFTER 1 week OFF THEY ARE THE JOKE NOT EITHER OF THE QBS.

Wraith
10-15-2007, 11:20 AM
WGR was saying snaps was split 50/50 even though trent took the very 1st snap.

they had 1 whole week to make a decision. and what 2-3 hours of practice this morning is gonna make a decision either way.

A TOTAL JOKE.

i want losman.

MORE IMPORTANTLY I WANT COACHES WHO CAN MAKE A DECISION AFTER 1 week OFF THEY ARE THE JOKE NOT EITHER OF THE QBS.

At least Craig Nall wasn't in the rotation this time.

billsburgh
10-15-2007, 11:23 AM
isnt this going to hurt either qb's preparation since they're not getting enough reps in practice.

djjimkelly
10-15-2007, 11:25 AM
isnt this going to hurt either qb's preparation since they're not getting enough reps in practice.

no dick and steve think they so good they can waste 1 day

Wraith
10-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Bills Starter to be named Wednesday (http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2730)

camelcowboy
10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
comming down to the wire, I wonder if they are doing this because they are unsure or because they are trying to throw off the ravens. My gut tells me it's going to be trent.

billsburgh
10-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Kyle Boeller got the start at Quarterback with Steve McNair still nursing a stiff back. Baltimore Coach Brian Billick said that Boeller is likely to get the start again against Buffalo
see this is why Jauron is such a beter coach than Billick. Jauron would never name his starting qb this early in the week. keep em guessing Dickie. Advantage Buffalo.

raphael120
10-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Yeah, which QB that can't score a TD through the air will start?

Oo, keep em guessin Dick.

Yasgur's Farm
10-15-2007, 11:49 AM
isnt this going to hurt either qb's preparation since they're not getting enough reps in practice.The gameplan gets installed on Wednesdays... There's normally no Monday practice.

billsburgh
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
The gameplan gets installed on Wednesdays... There's normally no Monday practice.
what did they do during the bye week then? shouldn't they have used it to their advantage then? extra time to prepare for the ravens?

JJamezz
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM

A TOTAL JOKE.

I don't agree with you often, or ever.. lol.. but I do 100% here.

I had just assumed they already knew last week what they were gonna do, and were just keeping it under wraps for whatever reason.. but then as time went on, I started thinking about Jauron's PC's, and how wishy washy he always seems with his 'probably's, 'maybe's and 'we'll have to see's..

And then I came to the same conclusion as you - they really DON'T know what they're going to do.. I mean how friggin pathetic is that? And once they DO decide, we're supposed to have confidence that they made the right decision?

Yasgur's Farm
10-15-2007, 12:10 PM
what did they do during the bye week then? shouldn't they have used it to their advantage then? extra time to prepare for the ravens?They usually get a little time off... Work on some personel changes and/or new palys.

billsburgh
10-15-2007, 12:13 PM
They usually get a little time off... Work on some personel changes and/or new palys.
well when you're 1-4, you should put in some extra time during the bye week. Heck, Mike Tomlin, whose steelers are 4-1 had the team practicing in full pads during their bye week.

TacklingDummy
10-15-2007, 12:15 PM
why u dont want trent vs ravens D.

i agree losman better start but not for the trent tard reason u want afraid hes gonna get blown up?

Is that the excuse the "lickers" will use when JP starts and plays poorly against the Ravens?

juice
10-15-2007, 12:21 PM
You almost have to go with the guy who got the only `W' this season against a divisional opponent.. Edwards seems to be more composed in the pocket as well as making better decisions.

Elminster
10-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Dickie sounded great until he actually started coaching for us. Now he sounds about as decisive as Moo, unless it comes to defending himself and Fairchild from blame. He's fairly decisive in sticking his head up his ass when it comes to that. Really, let me :deadhorse and point out that neither is going to be terribly successful regardless. It appears the Holmgren tree shares something with its root: poor time management. Dickie and Fairchild just bring it to a whole new level because they happen to be generally incompetent in their respective roles instead of bad at that one thing.

PECKERWOOD
10-15-2007, 12:26 PM
You almost have to go with the guy who got the only `W' this season against a divisional opponent.. Edwards seems to be more composed in the pocket as well as making better decisions.

Absolutely. Now if Fairchild would just open up the damn playbook and get Lynch involved more in the passing game we might have a shot.

acehole
10-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Really? How many passes has he had over 10 freaking yards? What do you people base your ideas on? Give it more time....this is like the A Perteron Marshawn Lynch thread...the jury is still very out! on everything...

I truely think they are turning the page and I think it is the right thing to do. I have always been a JP supporter and feel that he got a bad break losing his job because of Wilfork's cheap shot. But...Edwards accuracy and composure have me thinking he will develop nicely. He has been impressive in his distribution of the ball, he is obviously a bright guy and sees the field well. Taking all of this into consideration and adding in the fact that we are not a contender this year it is the right thing to do. Give him the PT, let him develop chemistry with the rest of the offense. Hopefully JP will be a good soldier and take a back seat w/o making waves. We may need him sooner than later with our injury situation being what it is this year. Handling the demotion with class will make him more marketable down the road, nobody likes a malcontent.

Meathead
10-15-2007, 12:53 PM
relax its gonna be losman. guaranteed

unless hes not fully healthy. but thats the single only reason it wouldnt be jp. making the switch now would be just plain stupid. dick crumbles under game pressure but not when hes got time on his side

trust me

jamze132
10-15-2007, 03:21 PM
well when you're 1-4, you should put in some extra time during the bye week. Heck, Mike Tomlin, whose steelers are 4-1 had the team practicing in full pads during their bye week.
Hence the reason they are 4-1 and playoff bound. Our HC seems to think that the bye week is a paid vacation in the middle of the season. He just lost 2 more cool points with me. He now has 8 out of a possible 100 points left.

YardRat
10-15-2007, 03:30 PM
With JP coming off of an injury, I would expect TE to be the first on the field and get the first reps. You have to make sure a player is physically ready to compete first and foremost. They'll probably split time equally again on Wednesday, and the starter will be named after that practice.

This isn't as cut and dried of a situation as the Kelly-Reich years, where one guy is the unquestioned leader/starter.

Actually, there were times with Kelly and Reich (amongst the fan base, anyway) where it wasn't so definitive.

jamze132
10-15-2007, 03:35 PM
IMO it doesn't make much sense to start Trent this week. This is JPs make or break year as a Buffalo Bill and he needs to be given every opportunity to prove or disprove his worth. It's not like if Trent starts we are suddenly a playoff caliber team. We suck. And it's not going to stunt Trent's growth if JP gets a few more games to prove what he can or can't do.

But I have zero faith at all in our coaching staff to devise an efficient gameplan that takes up 60 minutes, not 59 so as far as wins and losses are concerned, they might as well start Craig Nall.