• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Edwards appears to be working with 1st team according to Chris Brown

For whatever its worth.. probably not much. Who knows what 'appears to be' means.

EDWARDS APPEARS TO BE GETTING 1ST TEAM REPS: Watching the early portion of practice this morning it appears as though Trent Edwards is still first in the rotation at the quarterback position. He also was with the first team offense to begin their no huddle segment. J.P. Losman was also taking reps during the individual portion of practice. We'll see if Dick Jauron has made a decision on who will start at QB later today and get an update on whether J.P. Losman is 100 percent healthy.
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Re: Edwards appears to be working with 1st team according to Chris Brown

I truely think they are turning the page and I think it is the right thing to do. I have always been a JP supporter and feel that he got a bad break losing his job because of Wilfork's cheap shot. But...Edwards accuracy and composure have me thinking he will develop nicely. He has been impressive in his distribution of the ball, he is obviously a bright guy and sees the field well. Taking all of this into consideration and adding in the fact that we are not a contender this year it is the right thing to do. Give him the PT, let him develop chemistry with the rest of the offense. Hopefully JP will be a good soldier and take a back seat w/o making waves. We may need him sooner than later with our injury situation being what it is this year. Handling the demotion with class will make him more marketable down the road, nobody likes a malcontent.

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

It's only Monday. It means nothing.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Losman better start against the Ravens.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

On Wednesday- Chris Brown will write:
          J.P.LOSMAN APPEARS TO BE GETTING 1ST TEAM REPS:
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I don't care who starts. This team better be prepared to pound Willis to the ground.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Personally, I think if Edwards starts it's only because Losman isn't completely recovered yet. My gut tells me they want to give Losman one last shot, if for no other reason than to keep their options open. Like Brown and many people have noted, starting Edwards this week all but officially slams the door on JP's career in Buffalo.

While I think Edwards is the future, and want him on the field asap, I can't argue with that approach if that's what they end up doing.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

They are definitely still trying to decide which one will start. I wasn't kidding with that Wednesday report comment. Most likely, they are taking turns on different days, because of that and JP's injury. That's why you can't read too much into "appears to be".

Comment

• billsburgh
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  why?

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

why u dont want trent vs ravens D.

i agree losman better start but not for the trent tard reason u want afraid hes gonna get blown up?

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

WGR was saying snaps was split 50/50 even though trent took the very 1st snap.

more proof our coaches are a joke.

they had 1 whole week to make a decision. and what 2-3 hours of practice this morning is gonna make a decision either way.

A TOTAL JOKE.

i want losman.

MORE IMPORTANTLY I WANT COACHES WHO CAN MAKE A DECISION AFTER 1 week OFF THEY ARE THE JOKE NOT EITHER OF THE QBS.

Comment

• Wraith
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                        WGR was saying snaps was split 50/50 even though trent took the very 1st snap.

more proof our coaches are a joke.

they had 1 whole week to make a decision. and what 2-3 hours of practice this morning is gonna make a decision either way.

A TOTAL JOKE.

i want losman.

MORE IMPORTANTLY I WANT COACHES WHO CAN MAKE A DECISION AFTER 1 week OFF THEY ARE THE JOKE NOT EITHER OF THE QBS.
                        At least Craig Nall wasn't in the rotation this time.

Comment

• billsburgh
                          • Jul 2003

isnt this going to hurt either qb's preparation since they're not getting enough reps in practice.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by billsburgh
                            isnt this going to hurt either qb's preparation since they're not getting enough reps in practice.

no dick and steve think they so good they can waste 1 day

Comment

• Wraith
                              • Mar 2003

Bills Starter to be named Wednesday

Comment

Working...
                              X