PDA

View Full Version : McCargo

Kerr
10-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Per PFW:

A foot ailment sidelined Bills DT John McCargo for most of his rookie season, but we hear the team is very pleased with the 2006 first-rounder’s performance thus far. Although technically not starting, he’s been the defense’s most consistent performer.

So my question is then why isn't McCargo starting? Isn't McCargo Tripps backup? If memory serves correct, Larry Tripplet always was a better pass rusher than run defender.

bigbub2352
10-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Triplett sadly, has not performed at all here, he was known as a pass rushing DT, but i think he only has 1 sack since we signed him, technically McCargo is the backup but i have seen him playing next to Larry and Kyle too, so i think with the heavey rotation that Perry Fewell has technically we have 4 starters on the DT situation, but i believe that John should be gettin more snaps, he has been the most disruptive, and Kyle has shown flashes

EDS
10-15-2007, 10:15 AM
If I am the Bills I would consider experimenting with Triplett at end.

THATHURMANATOR
10-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Why? We have 4 ends that are surely better than he would be.

mysticsoto
10-15-2007, 10:23 AM

Why? Tripplett isn't that fast...

With our rash of injuries, I was going to suggest that they should try Schobel at LB (even though he'd likely be too slow) but thankfully, Ellison has returned and this week we get Coy Wire back who was playing well at LB before getting hurt.

McCargo not starting is no big deal since with the rotational scheme, all of them get ample time to play.

THATHURMANATOR
10-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Keep everyone where they are. Honestly aside from POZ and Ko Simpson we should be pretty healthy on D this Sunday.

Wys Guy
10-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Triplett sadly, has not performed at all here, he was known as a pass rushing DT, but i think he only has 1 sack since we signed him, technically McCargo is the backup but i have seen him playing next to Larry and Kyle too, so i think with the heavey rotation that Perry Fewell has technically we have 4 starters on the DT situation, but i believe that John should be gettin more snaps, he has been the most disruptive, and Kyle has shown flashes

Tripplett never played well in Indy either. Horrible signing at the expense.

McCargo hasn't done squat. The fact that anyone in Buffalo may be happy with his play is more a testimony to the continued low expectations and satisfactions with this losing organization than it is of anything else, particularly anything positive.

What's next, talk about how Greer is the best DB. Boy howdy!

Tatonka
10-15-2007, 11:31 AM
i have been very happy with the play of the Dline in general the last 2 games.

camelcowboy
10-15-2007, 11:40 AM

McCargo hasn't done squat. The fact that anyone in Buffalo may be happy with his play is more a testimony to the continued low expectations and satisfactions with this losing organization than it is of anything else, particularly anything positive.

What's next, talk about how Greer is the best DB. Boy howdy! McCargo was dominate monday night, he is their best d-tackle.

PECKERWOOD
10-15-2007, 11:59 AM
I want us to ease McCargo into the starting role. It's nice to see him playing well because I was really down on him before the regular season started. Hopefully his success continues and the injury bug doesn't find him again.

Mahdi
10-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Not a bad idea on 1st down.

Mahdi
10-15-2007, 12:08 PM

Yer negativity is non-sensical. Yer obviously here just to ruffle some feathers.

Kerr
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM

Tripplet was a decent pass rusher in Indy. It seems he's still developing as a run defender.

McCargo has been seen in the backfield at times disrupting plays.

Greer just might be the best corner on this team. He played pretty well against two of the top receivers in the league.

Forward_Lateral
10-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Who cares who starts on the D-line, or any position for that matter. It's who's on the field in crucial situations that matters. McCArgo would see the same amount of playing time as a starter as he does at backup. The whole idea is to keep the big guy fresh, and I'm sure they are being a bit cautious with him, because of the nature of his past foot injuries.

OpIv37
10-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Who cares who starts on the D-line, or any position for that matter. It's who's on the field in crucial situations that matters. McCArgo would see the same amount of playing time as a starter as he does at backup. The whole idea is to keep the big guy fresh, and I'm sure they are being a bit cautious with him, because of the nature of his past foot injuries.

if the guy is missing playing time or important plays because they're afraid he might get hurt, what good is he? Either he's on the bench because he's injured or he's on the bench because they're trying to keep him from getting injured, but either way he's not on the field. I'd rather take the risk of an injury than the risk of having Anderson and Jefferson in at DT at the same time.

Kerr
10-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Usually the starters set the tone in the game. I know i'd rather have my best defensive linemen starting the game in that regard even if they're supposed to rotate.

jamze132
10-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I am really trying to find the good in Perry Fewell so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now. His entire defense has been decimated with injuries and his idiot of a boss doesn't have a clue about personnel decisions. If anyone can survive a Dick firing, it's April and possibly Fewell.

Jan Reimers
10-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Keep everyone where they are. Honestly aside from POZ and Ko Simpson we should be pretty healthy on D this Sunday.
And the little-remembered Jason Webster, whose injury is letting 2 better and youger corners get more PT.