PDA

View Full Version : Some reasons to feel good about the Bills?

Mitchy moo
10-15-2007, 12:18 PM
I'll start:

Our schedule gets much easier down the stretch.

Guys like George Wilson, DiGirogio, Greer--instead of being unknown liabilities as back-ups, have proven experience. This will only make our team deeper and better as the starters return.

We get the NFC West next year and all those teams are tumbling:

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>NFC WEST</TD><TD width="7%">W</TD><TD width="7%">L</TD><TD width="5%">T</TD><TD width="8%">PCT</TD><TD width="8%">PF</TD><TD width="8%">PA</TD><TD width="10%">STRK</TD><TD width="8%">DIV</TD><TD width="8%">CONF</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Arizona (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ari)</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.500</TD><TD>128</TD><TD>136</TD><TD>Lost 1</TD><TD>2-1</TD><TD>2-2</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Seattle (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sea)</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.500</TD><TD>104</TD><TD>102</TD><TD>Lost 2</TD><TD>1-1</TD><TD>2-2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>San Francisco (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sfo)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.400</TD><TD>63</TD><TD>102</TD><TD>Lost 3</TD><TD>2-1</TD><TD>2-1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>St. Louis (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=stl)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>159</TD><TD>Lost 6</TD><TD>0-2</TD><TD>0-5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jan Reimers
10-15-2007, 01:51 PM
We've only got 11 games of this torture left? (And then we can dream about the draft and free agency and "next year," which never really comes.)

OpIv37
10-15-2007, 01:54 PM
The worst thing about this year is that I think even the coaches and FO treated this year as training camp for next year. It seems like they didn't even intend to make anything out of this year. They traded away Spikes and Darwin Walker for draft picks when they both played positions in which we have a huge need, and they claimed it had something to do with the cap despite having tons of cap space they haven't used yet. They started a bunch of rookies and second year guys- they took the "There's always next year" to another whole level.

justasportsfan
10-15-2007, 02:01 PM
We've only got 11 games of this torture left? (And then we can dream about the draft and free agency and "next year," which never really comes.)
I don't like you anymore

Jan Reimers
10-15-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't like you anymore
:sorry: It's just a defense mechanism to keep me from impaling myself on a fence post after the next loss.

I can no longer, for my mental health, have positive expectations.

Mad Bomber
10-15-2007, 02:06 PM
:sorry: It's just a defense mechanism to keep me from impaling myself on a fence post after the next loss.
:roflmao:

Captain gameboy
10-15-2007, 02:16 PM

I can no longer, for my mental health, have positive expectations.

Come on. Us older fans need to lead the way here.

Pittsburgh and NE were pure revulsion.
1967 stuff.

Dallas was shock.

Shock beats revulsion, because shock depends on hope for it to occur.

This was the low.

It is a slow and steady climb from here on to next years wildcard.

Trust me.
I got pictures.

Mad Bomber
10-15-2007, 02:21 PM

Pittsburgh and NE were pure revulsion.
1967 stuff.

Dallas was shock.

Shock beats revulsion, because shock depends on hope for it to occur.

This was the low.

It is a slow and steady climb from here on to next years wildcard.

Trust me.
I got pictures.

Agreed. We're 2 seconds away from being 3-2.

jamze132
10-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Agreed. We're 2 seconds away from being 3-2.
That is a very true statement and it hurts to see that we were 2 ****ing seconds from being 3-2 and being considered a decent team. We wouldn't be talking so much **** about Jauron if he and his coaches hadn't pulled a Jauron and choked at the end.

BUT we are 1-4 and we are where we are because of our coaching. I seriously doubt any other coach in the NFL would be 1-4 considering we led 2 games for 59 minutes each and STILL LOST! WTF?

How many times will history repeat itself? And how many times will Dick Jauron be involved in a repetition of history?

Jan Reimers
10-15-2007, 05:29 PM

I think there is a finite number of times a team can rip your guts out before you finally crack and say, "enough is enough," and that number came up for me in the Dallas Disaster.

I hope I can eventually come back, but I'm just not feelin' it right now.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2007, 07:07 PM
I think there is a finite number of times a team can rip your guts out before you finally crack and say, "enough is enough," and that number came up for me in the Dallas Disaster.

I hope I can eventually come back, but I'm just not feelin' it right now.

I'm with you. We are telling people in Atlanta that are kids were born in CT so they assume that we are from there as well.

Mitchy moo
10-15-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm with you. We are telling people in Atlanta that are kids were born in CT so they assume that we are from there as well.

Talking proud.

HHURRICANE
10-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Talking proud.:up:

Oaf
10-15-2007, 08:02 PM
That is a very true statement and it hurts to see that we were 2 ****ing seconds from being 3-2 and being considered a decent team. We wouldn't be talking so much **** about Jauron if he and his coaches hadn't pulled a Jauron and choked at the end.

BUT we are 1-4 and we are where we are because of our coaching. I seriously doubt any other coach in the NFL would be 1-4 considering we led 2 games for 59 minutes each and STILL LOST! WTF?

How many times will history repeat itself? And how many times will Dick Jauron be involved in a repetition of history?
I still don't think enough credit was given to the defensive gameplan and film study Fewell came up with. You think the 32 Defense stopped the #1 Offense just like that? Better execution on that early 4th and 1, or no holding on that deep Royal catch easily could have won the game for us as well.

jamze132
10-15-2007, 09:15 PM
I still don't think enough credit was given to the defensive gameplan and film study Fewell came up with. You think the 32 Defense stopped the #1 Offense just like that? Better execution on that early 4th and 1, or no holding on that deep Royal catch easily could have won the game for us as well.
Jauron is responsible for us being 1-4 and he would be equally responsible for us being 3-2, 4-1, or 5-0. It's called accountability. The HC is responsible for 99% pf what goes on during the game. If he doesn't like what the coordinator is calling, he needs to get in his face and fix it. He also needs to ensure that his DC isn't playing a 3-deep zone less than 9 sec. left in the game.

We have all been Jauroned!

BillsFever21
10-16-2007, 03:11 AM
And we're also one play away from being 0-5 if it wasn't for Pennington's interception at the end of the game.

mybills
10-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Here's a reason;

- NE
--> BUF <-------
-JETS
-MIA

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 11:48 AM
At least...we're not the Dolphins?