PDA

View Full Version : Does it Even Really Matter Anymore?

raphael120
10-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Guess what, you could put any QB behind center, and guess, what, he's going to be set up to fail from the get go.

You know why? Fairchild isn't cut out for this league. Jauron is not cut out for this league. They don't utilize talent, they are losing support of much of the players, your star player, Lee Evans, is becoming disgruntled. You have a QB contraversy that I'm sure will not be handled well..AGAIN...and quite frankly, this is Mularkey all over again.

Our coaches, point blank, are STUPID.

See what happens when you have the most talented roster in the league in San Diego, lead by an inept coach, and you have a Superbowl bound team barely able to talk about Wild Card spots.

I can see teams with lesser talent doing more because of superior coaching. Now I dont think we're the most talented team, but I believe we have better than a lot of the 1-4 teams at this point...whats the bottom line though? Coaching.

Lackadastical coaching attitude works when youre making the right calls and coaching good. But when youre ****ting the bed on the field and losing games when the players are leaving it out on the field, and the coaches are the ones who are dropping the ball, then you really can't get by on those way, and making excuses left and right.

Im sorry, but I have lost faith in our coaches and I think who is at QB is the least of our worries when the REAL problem is the people on the sidelines who arent putting out players in the best position to succeed.

Jan Reimers
10-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Not for this year, at least. Maybe in some far off future where we get more talent on the field and a coach whose head isn't continually impaled in his butt.

Elminster
10-15-2007, 03:17 PM
The sad thing is, that, with the exception of receivers, we have quite a lot of talent. But this coaching staff refuses to utilize it. That's by far the most depressing aspect of the 2007 Bills. Wasted talent.

justasportsfan
10-15-2007, 03:19 PM
It still matters to me. I want still want to win every game left

DraftBoy
10-15-2007, 03:20 PM
It still matters to me. I want still want to win every game left

You would!

shelby
10-15-2007, 03:20 PM
i agree with you, raphael. Neither QB has been able to get the job done due to piss poor coaching.

We need a regime change.
:gobills:

jamze132
10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
i agree with you, raphael. Neither QB has been able to get the job done due to piss poor coaching.

We need a regime change.
:gobills:
Agreed.

jamze132
10-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Guess what, you could put any QB behind center, and guess, what, he's going to be set up to fail from the get go.

You know why? Fairchild isn't cut out for this league. Jauron is not cut out for this league. They don't utilize talent, they are losing support of much of the players, your star player, Lee Evans, is becoming disgruntled. You have a QB contraversy that I'm sure will not be handled well..AGAIN...and quite frankly, this is Mularkey all over again.

See what happens when you have the most talented roster in the league in San Diego, lead by an inept coach, and you have a Superbowl bound team barely able to talk about Wild Card spots.

I can see teams with lesser talent doing more because of superior coaching. Now I dont think we're the most talented team, but I believe we have better than a lot of the 1-4 teams at this point...whats the bottom line though? Coaching.

Lackadastical coaching attitude works when youre making the right calls and coaching good. But when youre ****ting the bed on the field and losing games when the players are leaving it out on the field, and the coaches are the ones who are dropping the ball, then you really can't get by on those way, and making excuses left and right.

Im sorry, but I have lost faith in our coaches and I think who is at QB is the least of our worries when the REAL problem is the people on the sidelines who arent putting out players in the best position to succeed.
Sorry I put the entire post in quotes but it needed to be read again. This might be the post of the month, which by the way Mod's (hint, hint) should be a new competition.

Nice post Raphael.

Bruce is Loose
10-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Completely agree - do you think its a coincidence that Sammy Morris is suddenly great on the Pats? That every time they get an injured star the backup excels? I think this is more coaching that QB, as it happens on both sides of the ball. They get the breaks because they are well coached. We never get breaks because we are poorly coached. And the sad thing is this is unlikely to change since Ralph doesnt want to spend the $$$ to bring in a real coach, if he would want to come here anyway. I bet a real coaching staff would have this team winning the majority of our games. We DO have the talent.

And I feel bad for JP - great guy, great abilities - I hope that when he leaves via free agency he signs somewhere and ends up being great. I feel bad for Trent Edwards - hell be given his shot and ultimatly fail like the last dozen Bills QBs before him, and for the same reasons. Hopefully these guys confidence isnt shattered to an unrecoverable point and they can salvage careers after they leave us.

raphael120
10-15-2007, 05:17 PM
I heard from a lot of people that supposively we have a big scary recieving threat for a RB in Lynch...uh...why haven't we been lining him up as a WR? Especially with Price out...and what about this big bad 4th round pick rumblin bumblin machine Wright? Is it just me or is our OC just plain uncreative?

Singleback, 3 or 4 wide, Lynch as a WR, Wright as the HB. We have weapons on offense, we're just not using them at the same time. I know we tried to get Lynch into the passing game early, and both times I think Lynch just didnt' come up with the ball whether it be overthrown or Lynch just wiffed on it...

But after those 2 tries, you never saw it again.

We should be throwing screens to him..NOT ROBERT ****IN ROYAL!!!!!

I just do NOT get it. I play madden and I seriously can make better calls than this buffoon.

Mr. Pink
10-15-2007, 05:18 PM
While I agree that coaching has been subpar as has the execution and personnel we have.

Ever think our offense is so dumbed down because we don't have the players able to handle a "real" NFL offense?

Defensively, we'll all agree we're exactly where we thought we'd be, even with all the injuries. We're set up to give up yards but not TDs. Which for the most part has happened this year.

While the coaching cannot be excused for the shoddy production neither can the players for their execution. If they executed better on what we call now maybe slowly the playbook would open up. As the coaching staff gains trust with it's players.

Just a thought.

kinigirly
10-15-2007, 05:18 PM
we had gotten into discussing the bills/cowboys game at lunch today. this one guy i work with, i have never seen him agitated or in a bad mood ever since i've known him. this guy was screaming about the coaches and how they are solely to blame. i was shocked. i slowly edged out of the room as he was calling for skeletor's head. i knew at that moment if he was pissed about the coaches, that it has become a legit problem.

raphael120
10-15-2007, 05:19 PM
BTW, Vinny freakin Testeverde can score through the air in an offense, but we can't get JP or Edwards to? Just rediculous. We're the only team in the league who consistantly can't put points on the board. Look around the league...Miami is putting up more points with friggin concussions boy, Jason Campbell in washington, it's like the Bills offense is in this vacuum where offensive production does not exist, yet the rest of the NFL can find ways to have a break out game on offense.

Sorry, I dont consider the Jets game a "breakout" game.

Our offense is just plain pathetic.

raphael120
10-15-2007, 05:21 PM
While I agree that coaching has been subpar as has the execution and personnel we have.

Ever think our offense is so dumbed down because we don't have the players able to handle a "real" NFL offense?

Defensively, we'll all agree we're exactly where we thought we'd be, even with all the injuries. We're set up to give up yards but not TDs. Which for the most part has happened this year.

While the coaching cannot be excused for the shoddy production neither can the players for their execution. If they executed better on what we call now maybe slowly the playbook would open up. As the coaching staff gains trust with it's players.

Just a thought.

I can name teams with lesser QBs, WRs, and RBs that are putting up more points than us.

Mr. Pink
10-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Also it's a double edged sword on Offense. Lynch can't run well because our passing game is nothing to worry about. And our passing offense isn't helped by Lynch only getting 3.7 YPC.

All this while we "vastly improved" our o-line.

Mr. Pink
10-15-2007, 05:25 PM
I can name teams with lesser QBs, WRs, and RBs that are putting up more points than us.

Humor me on this one...

I don't think there is a team in the NFL with worse QBing than us, honestly.

WR wise, nobodies group of receivers screams at me outright pathetic like the Bills 5 guys.

RB wise, Lynch has a lot of talent but it hasn't shown any improvement over the lackluster running game we showed last year.

Facts are we're a poorly talented offense on top of the fact that the coaches poorly scheme to put them in a position to make plays. Whether or not those plays can be made is another story entirely. Seeing all defenses have to do is double Evans and we're forced to throw short underneath stuff which means our QB has to be accurate all game long in order for us to win.

So who has worse players at the skill position than us? I honestly think our o-line is in the upper half of the AFC by the way.

raphael120
10-15-2007, 05:26 PM

Atlanta.

Minnesota.

Bears...Berrian is not as good as Evans, sorry. Nor is Benson better than Lynch.

Jets (with coles), Miami (WRs are old as Moulds)...yeah, they have better stats.

Our offense is only putting up 13 points a game on offense. 3rd worst in the league.

65 total points, 2nd worst in the league.

jamze132
10-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Completely agree - do you think its a coincidence that Sammy Morris is suddenly great on the Pats? That every time they get an injured star the backup excels? I think this is more coaching that QB, as it happens on both sides of the ball. They get the breaks because they are well coached. We never get breaks because we are poorly coached. And the sad thing is this is unlikely to change since Ralph doesnt want to spend the $$$ to bring in a real coach, if he would want to come here anyway. I bet a real coaching staff would have this team winning the majority of our games. We DO have the talent.

And I feel bad for JP - great guy, great abilities - I hope that when he leaves via free agency he signs somewhere and ends up being great. I feel bad for Trent Edwards - hell be given his shot and ultimatly fail like the last dozen Bills QBs before him, and for the same reasons. Hopefully these guys confidence isnt shattered to an unrecoverable point and they can salvage careers after they leave us.
Funny, I doubt the Dolphins would have let Wes Welker walk if they knew how productive he could be. But given the coaching in NE, everyone gets the superstar in them pulled out. Wes could have probably gone anywhere else oustide of NE or Indy and would have been a very average NFL player.

Mr. Cynical
10-15-2007, 06:38 PM
We need a regime change.

Yep, at the very top.

Philagape
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Atlanta.

Minnesota.

Bears...Berrian is not as good as Evans, sorry. Nor is Benson better than Lynch.

Jets (with coles), Miami (WRs are old as Moulds)...yeah, they have better stats.

Our offense is only putting up 13 points a game on offense. 3rd worst in the league.

65 total points, 2nd worst in the league.

All of those teams have better WR depth. After Evans, we have nothing.

raphael120
10-15-2007, 09:30 PM
All of those teams have better WR depth. After Evans, we have nothing.

I like what I see out of Parrish, Reed has been doing OK, I dont think good enough to fill in the #2 reciever role, btu then again, Price couldn't do that either. I think once you get a legitimate #2 WR in here, everyone else's game will pick up. And out of all the FA WRs signed, it's just another example of Jauron & Co. dropping the ball. We have cap room, wouldn't have broken the bank to sign SOMEONE better than Price.

BillsFever21
10-16-2007, 12:29 AM
If we are lacking the talent then who's fault is that? Levy and Jauron brought in guys like Peerless Price and forced him down somes throats to think he was going to regain his one year wonder form with us. Who was also the one that re-signed Josh Reed? That was Levy. 3.5 million a year each for scrubs.

Would you rather have one good WR making 7 million a year and then a cheap rookie for the other spot or two god awful ones totaling 7 million a year? In our case it is the two of them because of the lack of signing bonus which means they can dump them at anytime when they don't want to pay them anymore and it won't cost them a fortune to pay for a player no loger here anymore.

Michael82
10-16-2007, 01:03 AM

BRAVO! Finally, someone gets it! Brilliant Post!!! :bf1:

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 01:39 AM
i want Lossman to start so i can hear the continued excuses.

Turf
10-16-2007, 06:11 AM
I totally agree with this thread Raphael. Even if we had a playoff team, which we barely might, this coaching staff would find a way to blow it. As long as the current regime is in it's hopeless. Jauron is not a field general in any sense of the term.
Amazing really, here we are again. Another head coach in his 2nd year that should be let go, and another QB controversy. The last eight years over and over and over again.

mybills
10-16-2007, 06:13 AM
Who gave this thread 1 star, Jauron?

churchinski
10-16-2007, 06:27 AM

Lee evans can get disgruntled all he wants, who cares

as far as a QB controversy ...i don't see it as any different than what plays out at other positions...there is always competition ...and there should be

the last thing for a coach to concern himself with is these 'QB controversies"
basically it boils down to two QBs who are competing for the starting job

that can be a good thing...competition is good

don't worry Jp won't end up in the nut house because of it, and if he does then he's not the man you want for the job anyhow