PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Walker

cocamide
10-15-2007, 02:24 PM
He's really helping out Chicago's run defense (28th in the league)!

I'm not saying he wouldn't have helped (we're 31st in the league, anything would help), but to pay a guy a crapload of money when he hasn't played 1 down for us would be rediculous. Think about how much people would be *****ing about him if we did sign him and we were still ranked in the bottom 5 of run defense? My point: I think Marv made the right call.

raphael120
10-15-2007, 02:25 PM
he was injured, and I dont think he played last week.

OpIv37
10-15-2007, 02:29 PM

I'm not saying he wouldn't have helped (we're 31st in the league, anything would help), but to pay a guy a crapload of money when he hasn't played 1 down for us would be rediculous. Think about how much people would be *****ing about him if we did sign him and we were still ranked in the bottom 5 of run defense? My point: I think Marv made the right call.

we spent a fortune on Tripplett and he hasn't done ****, yet only a couple people are *****ing about him.

If we had done something else with the cap space you might have an argument, but they didn't do anything with it. 28th in run D vs 31st may have been enough to keep Denver and Dallas out of FG range....

Mahdi
10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
we spent a fortune on Tripplett and he hasn't done ****, yet only a couple people are *****ing about him.

If we had done something else with the cap space you might have an argument, but they didn't do anything with it. 28th in run D vs 31st may have been enough to keep Denver and Dallas out of FG range....
I think McCargo will turn out to be a better player than Walker. We will surely address DT in the next draft and suddenly it will be one of the strengths of this team. This is a team being built through the draft and kept together with the cap. Which is better than spending heavily in FA and losing players you need out the backdoor.

justasportsfan
10-15-2007, 02:43 PM

which is why I don't have a problem with not hiring Walker. He's a McCargo/Tripplett clone. We need someone to rotate with Kyle.

OpIv37
10-15-2007, 02:44 PM
which is why I don't have a problem with not hiring Walker. He's a McCargo/Tripplett clone. We need someone to rotate with Kyle.

if it was between Walker and Tripplett, I'd have canned Tripplet. He's useless.

justasportsfan
10-15-2007, 02:47 PM
if it was between Walker and Tripplett, I'd have canned Tripplet. He's useless.
he actually made plays against the cowboys. Maybe he's starting to gel with the rest of the DL. :idunno:

Not me, I'd keep Tripplett over Walker.

madness
10-15-2007, 02:47 PM
25th and rising.

jamze132
10-15-2007, 05:08 PM

Dude, Darwin Walker would have been signed to get sacks. He hasn't ever really been glorified for his run defense.

Now I still would have liked to have Walker in the rotation, especially given all the injuries we have had, to get pressure on the QB and give our DBs a chance to recover. I also would have likeed to have Walker on the roster if no other reason to get Tim Anderson out of here.

The last buffalo fan
10-15-2007, 05:22 PM
OpI, at the Dallas game our run defense played at a good level, if not to a great level. And I think, that the problem there was the pass defense, and you can also include there, the damn coaching staff. I'm not sure but at the Broncos game, the pass defense was awful, and they allowed them to get into the field goal range.

Crisis
10-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Tripplett is so inconsistent.

He can look like the best DT in the league a play or three then disappear for a week or two.

PECKERWOOD
10-15-2007, 06:25 PM

A 5yr. 17 million dollar deal is a fortune? Ah, I guess for the Buffalo Bills that is alot of money! :D

OpIv37
10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
A 5yr. 17 million dollar deal is a fortune? Ah, I guess for the Buffalo Bills that is alot of money! :D

For Tripplett's performance, it's a fortune. He's no more productive than Anderson or Hargrove (who plays DT sometimes) and they both make vet min.

raphael120
10-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Tripletts had a year and a half to "gel". Play to your expectations and salary or get the **** out.

Nighthawk
10-15-2007, 09:16 PM

Stop, just stop the Marv love fest...it makes me sick.