PDA

View Full Version : Why havent we picked up a new player?

circlethewagons
10-15-2007, 03:42 PM
If im not mistaken, we still have a roster spot open due to the Peerless price Injury- any idea why we havent picked up another player? You'd think it would make sense to pick someone up during the bye, so they could learn the system. Thoughts on this? and anyone know of any recievers available?

jamze132
10-15-2007, 04:51 PM
If im not mistaken, we still have a roster spot open due to the Peerless price Injury- any idea why we havent picked up another player? You'd think it would make sense to pick someone up during the bye, so they could learn the system. Thoughts on this? and anyone know of any recievers available?
Dude, look who is running our team. Hell, they haven't even put Price on IR yet and he ain't gonna play any time soon, or ever again for the Bills! This FO is clueless when it comes to personell management.

mchurchfie
10-15-2007, 05:05 PM
I think we'll need some roster spaces open to bring back some of the ones that were injured early in the season.

Jaybird
10-15-2007, 05:11 PM
yes we will, we have people coming back and we need the room for them. Stop ripping on the team if u have no idea whats going on.

Jan Reimers
10-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Haven't the injured guys not on IR - the Denneys, Wires, Ellisons, Leonhards, et. al. been on the 53 man roster all along?

And if Price has not been placed on IR, he counts on the active 53 man roster - and we have no open spot.

bills&sabresmvf
10-16-2007, 01:03 AM
hargrove is back, that's why. Price out, hargrove in

mybills
10-16-2007, 06:43 AM
yup

billsburgh
10-16-2007, 06:52 AM
no Hargrove took Kevin Harrison's spot when he was put on IR. there are currently 53 players on the roster including Peerless Price. What other reason is there for not putting Price on IR yet than $$$$$? the cheap bastard just doesnt want to pay another salary this year. Why do you think Fred Jackson is being given time at WR? so they dont have to sign another player.

evol4276
10-16-2007, 08:02 AM
no Hargrove took Kevin Harrison's spot when he was put on IR. there are currently 53 players on the roster including Peerless Price. What other reason is there for not putting Price on IR yet than $$$$$? the cheap bastard just doesnt want to pay another salary this year. Why do you think Fred Jackson is being given time at WR? so they dont have to sign another player. well he can run n catch and while to some it may seem cheap to not pick up a ****e unsigned wr instead of using someone we already have and not just have useless filled-space, i feel like it's actually a smart move. remember we have te's now that get balls.. sorta, an h-back dealie and 4 of our normal recievers n lynch, all whom can/have caught (or from what we've been told) so its not vital that we get a wr asap, tho it could help in the long run.. but hell id much rather have Jackson on the roster and actually USE HIM, than to pick up a wr who'll do basically the same thing who doesn't know any of the system and make Fred pretty much useless. again. sounds good to me.

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 10:37 AM

hargrove was on the roster LAST week and Price is still on the roster, ie, Hargrove already HAS a spot.

There is no reason why Price shouldn't be moved to IR immediately except pure cluelessness.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Maybe they want to see how Hargrove , Wire and Denney does before they decided what position to use the extra space on. :idunno:

Michael82
10-16-2007, 10:39 AM
no Hargrove took Kevin Harrison's spot when he was put on IR. there are currently 53 players on the roster including Peerless Price. What other reason is there for not putting Price on IR yet than $$$$$? the cheap bastard just doesnt want to pay another salary this year. Why do you think Fred Jackson is being given time at WR? so they dont have to sign another player.
Good post! :bf1:

billsburgh
10-16-2007, 11:17 AM
well he can run n catch and while to some it may seem cheap to not pick up a ****e unsigned wr instead of using someone we already have and not just have useless filled-space, i feel like it's actually a smart move. remember we have te's now that get balls.. sorta, an h-back dealie and 4 of our normal recievers n lynch, all whom can/have caught (or from what we've been told) so its not vital that we get a wr asap, tho it could help in the long run.. but hell id much rather have Jackson on the roster and actually USE HIM, than to pick up a wr who'll do basically the same thing who doesn't know any of the system and make Fred pretty much useless. again. sounds good to me.
hey, George Wilson is still on the roster. He can play both safety and WR. he can go both ways. Brilliant. On another note, has Fred Jackson ever played WR in the NFL before? I dont think so. Wouldn't it be better to bring in anyone who has some experience at WR?

Confused
10-16-2007, 11:19 AM
or it could be b/c Parrish is twice the WR Price ever was.

Dr. Lecter
10-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Or they could be trying players out today.

billsburgh
10-16-2007, 11:24 AM
it's been nearly two weeks now since it was known that Price was done for the year. Why havent they done that already? especially during the bye week.

bigbub2352
10-16-2007, 12:06 PM
I think it is cause the team doesnt want to sign anyone else, so at the very least why the hell do we have 2 WR on the PS, Justin Jenkins and Scott Mayle both had decent chemistry with Trent in the preseason, why wouldnt u give them a shot at the 5th spot, makes no sense but from this coaching staff and FO what does, why have prospects on the PS learning your offense if they are not going to be elevated to the 53 man roster cause of injury isnt this why the league extended the PS to 8??

raphael120
10-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Mayle and Edwards had a real good rapport whenever they were in training camp. I remember reading a story that for Edwards first start, at practice, Mayle stayed late with Edwards to help him with his timing, which is odd because youd think it would be one of the STARTING WR's...

jamze132
10-16-2007, 04:25 PM
It's kind of funny... You have a WR named George Wilson playing safety, and you now have RB Fred Jackson playing WR. Does that sound strange to anyone besides me? Why don't we have guys that are good enough at their natural positions to play their natural positions? If Wilson was ever worth a crap at WR, he would be out there instead of Reed.

1-4 for a reason.