PDA

View Full Version : If I'm Buffalo, I call Vikings about JP for Sidney Rice or Troy Williamson

STAMPY
10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
I think Rice would be great compliment for Lee Evans. Or even Troy. Troy hasn't done much so i could see them cutting strings more easily with him. Minnesota could def use a QB. I'd love that trade. I think they are fair trades

thoughts?

Bill Brasky
10-15-2007, 07:19 PM
the bills will do what they always do... wait til the end of the season then let players walk, getting no value. it seems to always work for them.

Philagape
10-15-2007, 07:20 PM
The trade deadline is Tuesday. And if I'm Minnesota, no way.

I Hate Aqua Green
10-15-2007, 07:27 PM
I agree that we need another WR to compliment Lee...but I'm not giving up on JP for Sidney Rice or Troy Williamson...Trent looked pretty poised in his two starts but am I the only one not ready to crown him yet?...I think the Bills should look at a stud WR in the '08 draft or in FA but I don't like your trade idea.

G. Host
10-15-2007, 08:04 PM
They already have one Bills rejected QB.

Why do you think they want another?

STAMPY
10-15-2007, 08:48 PM
I agree that we need another WR to compliment Lee...but I'm not giving up on JP for Sidney Rice or Troy Williamson...Trent looked pretty poised in his two starts but am I the only one not ready to crown him yet?...I think the Bills should look at a stud WR in the '08 draft or in FA but I don't like your trade idea.

Rice is a 2nd rounder with already more TDs than Evans this year and Troy was a 1st rounder. Regardless Bills won't resign JP... he hasn't progressed enough in 4 yrs. His contract is up i believe year end. Better to get something

TacklingDummy
10-15-2007, 08:50 PM
the bills will do what they always do... wait til the end of the season then let players walk, getting no value. it seems to always work for them.

It's a good thing then that Losman will still be under contract for another year. :up:

Bill Brasky
10-15-2007, 08:58 PM
they'll find a way td, they'll find a way.

Kerr
10-15-2007, 09:39 PM
The most reasonable i've heard is JP for Arizona's Bryant Johnson. A guy with size and speed that needs more polishing, but effective as a #2.

I Hate Aqua Green
10-15-2007, 09:47 PM
They definitely...DEFINITELY...need another receiver...don't get me wrong...but I still think JP has great physical skills/athleticism and a rocket arm...I'm just not ready to give up on him yet is all...Trent looks like he could be a solid QB but the O hasn't been particularly stellar under him either...if it had we would have mopped the floor with Dallas and one of his TD drives vs. the Jets was set up by a pick deep in Jets territory...let's see how this plays out and make WR a top priority in the draft and/or FA. But, I know, the way this team operates in free agency does not leave a lot of room for hope there.

YardRat
10-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Why would Arizona want JP?

jamze132
10-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Dudes, this isn't Madden where you can turn off the fair trade thing and trade Tim Anderson for T.O.

No one is going to trade a decent WR for JP. And why in the hell would we trade him anways? What if he comes in Sunday and destroys the Raven's defense? Do you want to trade Trent then? Sorry the deadline would have passed by then.

I Hate Aqua Green
10-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Gotta wait to see how this Losman thing pans out...I'm running out of patience too but I'm not throwing in the towel yet...Maybe I'm nuts.

Saratoga Slim
10-15-2007, 10:12 PM
They're not trading JP.

Ultra Chimp 1
10-15-2007, 11:05 PM
The Vikings would never do it.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 12:57 AM
The most reasonable i've heard is JP for Arizona's Bryant Johnson. A guy with size and speed that needs more polishing, but effective as a #2.

they need a QB more than we need a WR so they better throw a draft pick in there.

BillsFever21
10-16-2007, 02:25 AM
Rice is a 2nd rounder with already more TDs than Evans this year and Troy was a 1st rounder. Regardless Bills won't resign JP... he hasn't progressed enough in 4 yrs. His contract is up i believe year end. Better to get something

At least know the information before you ramble on about trades that won't happen. JP is under contract for one more year AFTER this season. Same as Lee Evans, who will probably be gone then too.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2007, 07:25 AM
At least know the information before you ramble on about trades that won't happen. JP is under contract for one more year AFTER this season. Same as Lee Evans, who will probably be gone then too.

Agreed, They both will be gone.

DraftBoy
10-16-2007, 08:03 AM
There is no way in hell Minnesotta would even consider trading Rice for anybody right now as he is the only legitimate WR threat they have. As for Williamson he's in the same situation that we are with JP. He's a former 1st Rounder who has not turned out yet, but some fans want to wait and others want him gone. I never thought he was worth as high a pick as he went but thats old news.

As for us at the deadline we wont do anything today

FlyingDutchman
10-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Rice would be good, but theres no way minny would give him up. We need a good posession receiever opposite Evans, and Williamson is not one.

Bill Cody
10-16-2007, 02:04 PM
If we could get a 7th we should pull the trigger.

Historian
10-16-2007, 03:17 PM
JP and next year's first for Julius Peppers.

Gunzlingr
10-16-2007, 04:06 PM
:rofl:

Yeah, Minnesota is going to give up Rice. Williamson couldn't catch a cold, so who would want him?

DynaPaul
10-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Chad Pennington is already on the trade block. Most teams would rather take him over JP assuming that JP would even go on the trade block to begin with.