PDA

View Full Version : McNair skipping Buffalo game

G. Host
10-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Billick plans for McNair to return against Steelers after bye week

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3065201

Steve McNair was tired of trying to play in pain. Baltimore Ravens coach Brian Billick ran out of patience waiting for the quarterback to heal.

So the two agreed: McNair sits out two straight games, then steps back into the starter's role.

Kyle Boller will start at quarterback for a second straight week this Sunday in Buffalo, Baltimore's final game before a much-needed bye. McNair could play, but the Ravens would prefer he rest his lingering groin injury and sore back.

McNair is good at playing in pain and if he needed to he would play.
I have never been impressed with Boller and I think the Bills defense can fool him.

OpIv37
10-15-2007, 09:02 PM
good- Boller sucks. He's got a big arm but he just doesn't get it.

Look for a lot of balls to go to Heap. And Whitner better clock Mason.

raphael120
10-15-2007, 09:04 PM

For some reason whenever injuries/good matchups favor the Bills, they almost never cash in on them...yet when we go against T.O. or something, we hold them in check. I don't get it! Watch Boller put up record numbers on us.

Mr. Pink
10-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Great, now if the Bills start JP we can watch Big Arm Schmuck 1 vs Big Arm Schmuck 2. Nothing will get me more excited about this game than that!

Philagape
10-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Witten killed us, so look for Heap to have a big day (if he's playing ... had to leave his last game)

jamze132
10-15-2007, 09:52 PM

Let's hope our defense doesn't forget to destroy McGahee when given the chance.

Crisis
10-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Losman and Boller are mirror images of eachother.

ChrisQ
10-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi all. My 2 cents.

The Ravens offense will truly offend. Our O-line features 3 rookies, a 2nd year man and the grizzled veteran in his 3rd year (first two years were on the bench). Boller, no Heap, and you guys tee-ing off on McGahee all game.

Billick will spend the first 3 drives lulling the Bills to sleep with 3 yard passes, and then boom he'll unleash the 5 yarder out of nowhere. The Ravens will move the ball 33 yards in 14 minutes and kick a field goal.
Then our defense will get another turnover and we'll sit through another quarter and a half drive of 21 yards ending in a field goal. We've won our last two games but our offense was so anemic they felt like losses.

The only excitement we get is the play of our defense, which seems to finally be back on track after getting Samari Rolle back last week.

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the Zone Chris. Good luck this week.

So. if the Bills can score on ST, they can win this game 7-6 or so? :D

ChrisQ
10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Yep. The 49ers coach, Mike Nolan, said before our game "first one to 10 wins the game". We won 9-7 :D

Elminster
10-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Hasn't Boller been playing decently of late? The first purple&black visitor have anything to say on that? McNair didn't exactly seem to be lighting it up before his injury...

ChrisQ
10-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Well, yes, Boller has been acceptable. His major attribute is that he is like one of those punching clowns from kindergarten. He can take a beating all day long. I don't think Mike Tyson could have knocked him out.

Boller is 19-16 in his career. 15 wins were at home.
He has no pocket presence at all. You would think he was blindfolded with earmuffs on. Buffalo will be sending Aaron Shobel at him against the rookies, who really struggled this last Sunday against Leonard Little. Boller was sacked a couple times and knocked down seemingly every pass attempt.

The one thing that Boller brings to the table that McNair does not is the ability to get the ball downfield. Unfortunately, while he's got a rocket arm for those intermediate passes, he is unaccurate downfield and our recievers never seem to fool anyone with their route running either, so they are rarely wide open. Opposing defenses just blitz like crazy the whole game knowing Boller can't handle the heat. Therefore while we will run a few deeper routes they still dink and dunk most of the time so he doesn't take too bad of a beating.

McNair has uncanny escapability in avoiding tacklers but he just can't hit receivers nowadays and rarely attempts passes longer than 7-8 yards. They say he's just hurt and will play better later. I hope so because right now it just looks like he's done.

Oaf
10-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi all. My 2 cents.

Billick will spend the first 3 drives lulling the Bills to sleep with 3 yard passes, and then boom he'll unleash the 5 yarder out of nowhere. The Ravens will move the ball 33 yards in 14 minutes and kick a field goal.
Then our defense will get another turnover and we'll sit through another quarter and a half drive of 21 yards ending in a field goal. We've won our last two games but our offense was so anemic they felt like losses.

:rofl:

No doubt we will focus on shutting down McGahee and forcing Boller to beat us through the air which he may or may not depending on if the real secondary will please stand up, please stand up. (:sorry:)

Don't worry Chris, we all understand how you feel about your offense, except at least you have won a few.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Well, yes, Boller has been acceptable. His major attribute is that he is like one of those punching clowns from kindergarten. He can take a beating all day long. I don't think Mike Tyson could have knocked him out.

Boller is 19-16 in his career. 15 wins were at home.
He has no pocket presence at all. You would think he was blindfolded with earmuffs on. Buffalo will be sending Aaron Shobel at him against the rookies, who really struggled this last Sunday against Leonard Little. Boller was sacked a couple times and knocked down seemingly every pass attempt.

The one thing that Boller brings to the table that McNair does not is the ability to get the ball downfield. Unfortunately, while he's got a rocket arm for those intermediate passes, he is unaccurate downfield and our recievers never seem to fool anyone with their route running either, so they are rarely wide open. Opposing defenses just blitz like crazy the whole game knowing Boller can't handle the heat. Therefore while we will run a few deeper routes they still dink and dunk most of the time so he doesn't take too bad of a beating.

McNair has uncanny escapability in avoiding tacklers but he just can't hit receivers nowadays and rarely attempts passes longer than 7-8 yards. They say he's just hurt and will play better later. I hope so because right now it just looks like he's done.

Where have I heard something like this before?

mybills
10-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Billick will spend the first 3 drives lulling the Bills to sleep with 3 yard passes, and then boom he'll unleash the 5 yarder out of nowhere.

:spit: :roflmao:

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Yep. The 49ers coach, Mike Nolan, said before our game "first one to 10 wins the game". We won 9-7 :D

the same thing will apply to this game. Our O blows and I just don't see us moving the ball against the Ravens' aging but still formidable defense. Our D has faults but has been improving, and will be motivated to go against McGahee. A ST or defensive score should blow this one wide open.

Mad Bomber
10-16-2007, 02:30 PM
:lmao:

Sounds familiar.

Welcome to the Zone, Chris!

G. Host
10-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Edwards vs Boller ought to be a game which will compare the ball-stealing defense against the aggressive, blitzing defense of Ravens. I hope Trent can handle the heat and the Bills defense strip the ball from Willis three times.

This would be the absolute worst game for Losman to come back to - blitzing defense which would be difficult for him to react to and mobility limited even if he if he claims he is at 100%.

Elminster
10-16-2007, 10:53 PM
:lmao:

Sounds familiar.

Welcome to the Zone, Chris!
Yeah, but you're forgetting the 2 yards and a cloud of crap part....

BILLSROCK1212
10-16-2007, 11:13 PM
another team looking past us?

G. Host
10-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Not so much as past as planning for intra-division game as well letting McNair heal. They need to catch the Steelers so the Steelers game is a "must win" game.

Mitchy moo
10-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Ravens CB CHRIS McALISTER will miss this Sunday's game vs the BILLS with a knee injury. This should be good news for TRENT EDWARDS and the BILLS. Hopefully this will lead to some favorable matchups for the BILLS recievers to take advantage of.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...rtslife-movies (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-mcalister1016,0,1075179.story?coll=bal-artslife-movies)

ChrisQ
10-18-2007, 02:58 PM
I would wonder if they are looking past you as well.

They are treating this like a preseason game. If this was 2 weeks from now and we were going against Pittsburgh Heap, McNair, and McCalister would all be playing.

I think that the Ravens would rather lose to the Bills than to the Steelers since we already have 2 division losses. As a fan that's hard to swallow, but if it keeps us in the running come November, we'll be taking our hats off to Billick once again.

Here's hoping everyone escapes healthy this Sunday, win or lose.