PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: If the Bills win a SB in the near future, how would it change your lif

Oaf
10-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Forked from: If the Bills win a SB in the near future, how would it change your life?? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2157187)

no

how would it change anyone's life ?

a person would need to have some serious issues if a Bills super bowl win had the potential to change their life

no

how would it change anyone's life ?

a person would need to have some serious issues if a Bills super bowl win had the potential to change their life

When my parents arrived in Buffalo in '88 straight from India, we didn't know a soul. My dad was to finish his Ph. D at UB and when I was born in '89, we were on a budget of $800 a month. Needless to say we needed a LOT of help from the community to make then, and they recieved us with open arms and gave us the support we needed. This was of course when the Bills were the talk of the town, and soon fellow collegues taught my dad about the game of football. We were enveloped into Buffalo fellowship and Bills football during that Super Bowl run and soon became staunch fans even after we left in '95.

Of course, I was too young to be a serious fan during those days, and I still remember the first game I cared about was the Jacksonville wild card heartbreaker in '96. Since then, I slowly became an diehard Bills fan through the stories my dad used to tell me about our experiences there. I suffered though the 98 loss to Miami and the Homerun Throwback, and in 2003, followed all aspects of the offseason, joined BillsZone, and ordered NFL Sunday Ticket.

Needless to say, we've gone though CONSIDERABLY more heartbreakers then heartmakers since that fateful day in Nashville. Personally, I can honestly say I've NEVER experienced a Buffalo Bills playoff victory since being a fan and it hurts to see us drifting further away from that rather than getting closer like almost every team has done at least once the last 8 years.

During this period, the Bills games have become an emotional thing for me. I've gotten progressively more tied to Bills failures and successes, and recently the Bills have been a big depressant in my life. Something i wish i could shake, but have been unable to do. All the ridicule of being a staunch fan of a plain bad team in the areas of Madison, Chicago, and Ann Arbor have taken their tolls. The one thing that keeps me going is that, when they finally do starting winning, it'll be that much more gratifying after waiting for so long than those other spoiled fans who reach the playoffs on a consistent basis.

Back to the topic, if the Bills finally had that magical season and won the big one, breaking all those curses and doing things I haven't seen in 11 of the last 18 years of my life, I truly believe my quality of life would increase dramatically. Not only would I be able to make all those Philistines that laughed at me over the years in my Bills jerseys eat some serious crow, my emotions tied with the Bills Organization would be at a all time high.

A bills SB easily could change my life. Just think about all the time you spend on this site griping for a competent team. Yeah, I know, me too. The post I quoted above was probably the worst post I've read in recent memory. Anyone with a legit emotional commitment in the Bills could easily be changed by a SB win; I know I would. That's what a diehard IS and that's what Churchiski is NOT.
:rant: