PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline - Today, 4PM EST - Any Losman Calls ?

Night Train
10-16-2007, 04:29 AM
I'm just wondering.

I realize this day is usually all talk and no action but the injuries to QB's are far higher than the norm. San Fran has Trent Dilfer out there, playing like he's 55. The Rams have Gus Ferrotte filling in poorly for Bulger. The Cards just signed 2 Tims' off the street, Hasselbeck and Rattey.

If the Bills do decide Edwards is their guy, then dealing Losman now for a pick would make sense. Nall is here as a backup and the locker room becomes focused towards football again, instead of this distracting nonsense.

Only 2 trades at the deadline last season but one was the Bills aquiring Hargrove for a pick. So Marv isn't napping on this day.

Stand by.

evol4276
10-16-2007, 04:40 AM
and have nall as our permanent backup? psh no please

Night Train
10-16-2007, 04:50 AM
and have nall as our permanent backup? psh no please

For 11 games, he'll do. Then another off-season to aquire someone else.

Team chemistry is more important.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2007, 05:18 AM
While I personally feel that trading Losman is premature, if the coaching staff is absolutely convinced that Edwards is the man, then I agree with you, NT.

Marv needs to get a very high pick for this to happen, however.

Night Train
10-16-2007, 05:54 AM
While I personally feel that trading Losman is premature, if the coaching staff is absolutely convinced that Edwards is the man, then I agree with you, NT.

Marv needs to get a very high pick for this to happen, however.

and that's the wild card. I have no idea what kind of market is out there for a QB like Losman.

What is his worth, in the eyes of GM's ? Would anyone give up a day 1 pick for him ? I'm not so sure, with a new contract due soon.

mybills
10-16-2007, 06:06 AM
They should trade Nall.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 06:32 AM
the problem is that at this point you won't get much for losman

realdealryan
10-16-2007, 06:35 AM
I'll take not much over nothing...

We don't have the roster room for 3 QBs, do we?

churchinski
10-16-2007, 06:44 AM
i don't know , it seems like they loaded up with special teamers that can't cover an onsides kick so it doesn't look like they are worried about wasting spots

if they traded him for a 6th rounder i wouldn't react to it.

whatever, if they don't think there's any hope for him then whatever they get is better than nothing

mybills
10-16-2007, 06:45 AM
the problem is that at this point you won't get much for losman
Or not enough, so trade Nall. JP would be a better 2nd than him.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Or not enough, so trade Nall. JP would be a better 2nd than him.why trade nall

if anyone wanted nall they could have had him for nothing

he had been sitting around for weeks after the Bills cut him

BlackMetalNinja
10-16-2007, 06:55 AM
I'd be willing to bet Losman isn't going anywhere at all.

As for some of the teams you mentioned, Bulger is planning on starting this week for the Rams, and Warner is supposedly only going to miss a week in Arizona.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 07:20 AM
i don't think he is going anywhere either

they'll keep him around for next preseason hoping to rope a team into a trade

Inetpub
10-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Unfortunately we have made Losman to the million dollar a year player. If he isnt getting 3mill or more, he wont play.

And no team will pay that for a backup. Buffalo doesnt want a 5 million dollar backup QB. What will we get for Losman then? probably a 4th rounder. from some team who needs a QB contraversy or a team whos QB is aging.

But no team is going to give up a 1st-3rd rounder on mr. useless to sit on the bench for 3 mill. maybe on a 4th rounder, they might throw up the trade idea.

either way, we lose. Losman on the beanch eating salary cap room or Losman for a lower pick.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2007, 07:35 AM
Unfortunately we have made Losman to the million dollar a year player. If he isnt getting 3mill or more, he wont play.

\
The funny thing is that there were people talking about how Losman was going to get $10 million a year from the Bills after this season. :crazy:

colin
10-16-2007, 07:37 AM
of course it isn't likely, but seattle looks iffy and the entire nfc west besides them is having massive qb issues. if we put losman out there they might out bid each other enough to land us something decent.

evol4276
10-16-2007, 07:45 AM
im pretty much banking on us not trading for anyone today. kinda seems like with the bye we just had we wulda picked someone up before today so he culd have 2 weeks of practice instead of 4-5ish days. doubtful in my eyes really. even with trading jp unless its a draft pick.. which... still doubtful

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2007, 09:41 AM
If I were Atlanta, I would be inquiring about Losman right now. I wish we could somehow get our hands on a guy like Roddy White, I think he is really going to come on strong this year despite being a bust the last 2 years.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2007, 09:43 AM
If I were Atlanta, I would be inquiring about Losman right now. I wish we could somehow get our hands on a guy like Roddy White, I think he is really going to come on strong this year despite being a bust the last 2 years.

Atlanta has their own version of Losman in Harrington. Plus they signed Leftwich. Why would they want to add a 3rd bum to the mix?

mybills
10-16-2007, 09:46 AM
why trade nall

if anyone wanted nall they could have had him for nothing

he had been sitting around for weeks after the Bills cut him
That was before more QB's got hurt.

mybills
10-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Atlanta has their own version of Losman in Harrington.
Harrington looked more like Pennington with that noodle arm.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Atlanta has their own version of Losman in Harrington. Plus they signed Leftwich. Why would they want to add a 3rd bum to the mix?

I'll take Losman over Harrington/Leftwich any day, thank you. I think if Losman were to recieve better coaching, he would have the potential to be a great QB in the NFL. He obviously isn't going to get that coaching anytime soon in Buffalo. :ill:

Gunzlingr
10-16-2007, 09:59 AM

If only Roddy White could keep his hands on the ball...

TacklingDummy
10-16-2007, 10:07 AM
I'll take Losman over Harrington/Leftwich any day, thank you. I think if Losman were to recieve better coaching, he would have the potential to be a great QB in the NFL. He obviously isn't going to get that coaching anytime soon in Buffalo. :ill:

Couldn't the same be said about Harrington? Let's face it, he has had just as bad coaching as Losman has had. When someone thinks Detroit, Miami, and Atlanta they are not thinking about what great coaches they have had of late.

And Harrington has the same career high in touchdowns for 1 season that Losman has.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Couldn't the same be said about Harrington? Let's face it, he has had just as bad coaching as Losman has had. .

Marruicci vs. Moolarkey?
your hatred is making you post more drivel.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 10:20 AM
as I watched the giants last night, I realized that Losman is the only qb of his draft class that didn't have stability with his team. Eli, Rivers and Ben have had the same supporting cast (for the most part) since they were drafted and JP has had a merry go round when it comes to his OL and was coached by Moolarkey compared to Coughlin, Marty and Cowher .

TacklingDummy
10-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Marruicci vs. Moolarkey?
your hatred is making you post more drivel.

What has Mariucci ever done besides inherit a great 49ers team from George Seifert?

Lions record under Mariucci...

2003: 5-11
2004: 6-10
2005: 6-10

Just like the Bills are struggling to rid themselves of the Tom DOnahoe Era. The 49ers are still trying to recover from the mess that Mariucci left them in...

Since Steve left the 49ers...

2003: 7-9
2004: 2-14
2005: 4-12
2006: 7-9

And lets not forget that 2 years after he inherited the great 49ers team, Mariucci led them to records of 4-12 (1999) and 6-10 (2000).

By your logic Barry Switzer is the greatest coach of all time.

Elminster
10-16-2007, 10:28 AM
as I watched the giants last night, I realized that Losman is the only qb of his draft class that didn't have stability with his team. Eli, Rivers and Ben have had the same supporting cast (for the most part) since they were drafted and JP has had a merry go round when it comes to his OL and was coached by Moolarkey compared to Coughlin, Marty and Cowher .
C'mon Justa, haven't you learned by now that's all JP's fault?:rolleyes:

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
What has Mariucci ever done besides inherit a great 49ers team from George Seifert?

Lions record under Mariucci...

2003: 5-11
2004: 6-10
2005: 6-10

Just like the Bills are struggling to rid themselves of the Tom DOnahoe Era. The 49ers are still trying to recover from the mess that Mariucci left them in...

Since Steve left the 49ers...

2003: 7-9
2004: 2-14
2005: 4-12
2006: 7-9

And lets not forget that 2 years after he inherited the great 49ers team, Mariucci led them to records of 4-12 (1999) and 6-10 (2000).

By your logic Barry Switzer is the greatest coach of all time.

You still can't compare MArruicci to Moolarkey. Le

TacklingDummy
10-16-2007, 10:31 AM
You still can't compare MArruicci to Moolarkey.

Of course Mariucci was better than Mularkey. But imo, they both still sucked.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Of course Mariucci was better than Mularkey. But imo, they both still sucked.
Marriucci has had prior experience , Moolarkey had himself and Clemens handle JP form the get-go. These guys knew nothing about throwing the ball or how to develop a qb.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Marriucci has had prior experience , Moolarkey had himself and Clemens handle JP form the get-go. These guys knew nothing about throwing the ball or how to develop a qb.

Wasn't Mularkey a highly thought of OC with Pittsburgh?

Wasn't Sam Wyhce also brought in to help Losman?

Didn't JP go study films with Ron Jawarski?

JP has had plenty of help along the way.

Either someone has it or they don't.

Did Bellicheck/Weis/McDaniels make Brady or did Brady make Bellicheck/Weis/McDaniels?

Did Levy/Marchibroda make Kelly or did Kelly make Levy/Marchibroda.

Did Dungy/Caldwell/Moore make Manning or did Manning make Dungy/Caldwell/Moore? Now this is tricky one because Dungy was well thought of defensive minded Head Coach before he came to Indy.

etc....

Night Train
10-16-2007, 10:53 AM

He drops 2 out of 3 balls thrown to him, much like that other 1st Round bust up in Minny, Williamson. Track speed means nothing if you can't make the catch.

No way.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Wasn't Mularkey a highly thought of OC with Pittsburgh?

Wasn't Sam Wyhce also brought in to help Losman?

Didn't JP go study films with Ron Jawarski?

JP has had plenty of help along the way.

Either someone has it or they don't.

Did Weis make Brady or did Brady make Weis?

Did Marchibroda make Kelly or did Kelly make Marchibroda.

Did Dungy make Manning or did Manning make Dungy? Now this is tricky one because Dungy was well thought of D.C. before he came to Indy.

etc....Moolarkey was a run first HC at Pitts. Moolarkey had Bettis at his prime and JP had Willis. Studying films is one thing . Try studying film and then a change in HC and OC. If you saw the NE game, the commentators said it best. There is not coninuity in buffalo. we go through one coach after another. Not that it's anyone fault but Donahoe's but if you think it doesn't affect a rookie qb's ability to develop, guess again.

A qb needs to have a stable OL that he has to get very familiar with. Kelly wouldn't be who he was without Hull. JP had who? Rivers has had one hell of an OL with LT. Rivers grew with that team. Eli struggled more than JP last year and yet he had BArber and Shockey.He also grew with that team and has had the same coach since he was drafted.

Ben needs no further argument.

We could've drafted Palmer and we'd still look like crap with all these coaching changes. Coaches who had no prior experience nor any business being HC's.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
So we agree then, players make coaches, coaches don't make players?

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
So we agree then, players make coaches, coaches don't make players?
No, it's both. Coaches should put their qb in a position to succeed and the qb's should be able to do what's asked of him. This is why I'm not sold on JP being the reason why we stunk in the first 2 games. The coaches said JP played well inspite of what we saw. With that it means he did what was told of him which falls on the coaches head.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
They should trade Nall.

seriously.........would YOU trade for Nall? :shakeno:

mybills
10-16-2007, 08:50 PM
seriously.........would YOU trade for Nall? :shakeno:
Clearly you and several others keep saying JP's not worth anything. That makes two QB's not worth anything, right? I'd keep JP before I'd keep Nall.

Anyway, who got traded by 4pm? I was at work and missed what happened.

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Clearly you and several others keep saying JP's not worth anything. That makes two QB's not worth anything, right? I'd keep JP before I'd keep Nall.

Anyway, who got traded by 4pm? I was at work and missed what happened.

Hecht got signed to a 4 yr deal, that's about it.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=137198

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Clearly you and several others keep saying JP's not worth anything. That makes two QB's not worth anything, right?

I never said he's not worth anything from a trade standpoint.if i'm GM for the Bears or Cards,i would definitely be interested in acquiring Losman's services but he's a far cry from a 1st,2nd,and 5th rounders.

mybills
10-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Skoob, I can't stand hockey, and your sig pic is even worse. :puke: