PDA

View Full Version : 7 keys to successful leader

trapezeus
10-16-2007, 11:43 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/20071011/bs_bw/oct2007sb20071010093227;_ylt=AsiUp_guAb5m.KbN.50nkqwDW7oF

this ahs 7 keys to being a successful leader. most of these you can say that jauron just doesn't have. I found it funny so i figured i'd share.

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 12:01 PM
You could argue that he has one or two of them, but you'd really have to stretch.

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 12:06 PM
I kind of envision Jauron's leadership as the scene in Animal House where John Belushi gives the first part of the speech then charges out of the house, but no one follows him- the only difference is that Jauron never realizes no one follows him so he doesn't make the second part of the speech.

It's at about 2:04 in this video (WARNING: Bad language!!!)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VclHtnoTqRA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VclHtnoTqRA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

bigbub2352
10-16-2007, 12:09 PM
I kind of envision Jauron's leadership as the scene in Animal House where John Belushi gives the first part of the speech then charges out of the house, but no one follows him- the only difference is that Jauron never realizes no one follows him so he doesn't make the second part of the speech.

It's at about 2:04 in this video (WARNING: Bad language!!!)

<OBJECT height=350 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VclHtnoTqRA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT></P>
AWESOME POINT, couldnt agree more that seen is priceless!!!!

I Hate Aqua Green
10-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I know it would be a ton of bad karma in one place...but does anyone else think that Ralph should open the checkbook and bring Marty Schottenheimer (did I spell that right?) in here next year...the guy's been a winner everywhere he's been and, let's face, he just got some really REALLY bad breaks in the postseason...the guy's a proven commodity and he used to play in Buffalo in the AFL days...Again, I'm semi-new to this site so if this topic has been addressed...feel free to lambaste me.

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 12:15 PM
I'd love to see Marty here, or failing that, a laptop with a copy of Madden '08 set to auto pick the plays. Anything would be an improvement over Jauron and Fairchild.

LtBillsFan66
10-16-2007, 12:16 PM
I'd love Marty ball!

JJamezz
10-16-2007, 12:16 PM
I actually think he has most of those qualities. But its all for naught when you don't display conviction in yourself and what you're 'selling'. That's where Dick goes awry IMO, and it makes ALL other positive leadership qualities meaningless.

You simply cannot be wishy-washy and expect to be an effective leader, it doesn't work.

Great article btw. :up:

Mahdi
10-16-2007, 12:20 PM
So how many of you have actually played for Jauron again? Those qualities are not something you can view on yer tv while watching the CBS broadcast. In that case Belicheat has none of those qualities either. Gimme a break, ragging on coaches is so easy to do when were losing. If we win the next 5 games no one will be making these fire Jauron threads anymore.

I Hate Aqua Green
10-16-2007, 12:45 PM
MARTY BALL...IMMEDIATELY!

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 12:48 PM
So how many of you have actually played for Jauron again? Those qualities are not something you can view on yer tv while watching the CBS broadcast. In that case Belicheat has none of those qualities either. Gimme a break, ragging on coaches is so easy to do when were losing. If we win the next 5 games no one will be making these fire Jauron threads anymore.

I will. The guy's proven he's not good enough- he did it in Chicago and he's doing it again here. If the team wins the next 5 games, it will be in spite of Jauron and not because of him. Even Mularkey had us on a 7 game win streak in 04 and we all know he's a complete moron.]

Oh, BTW, two of the losses can be attributed DIRECTLY to bad coaching decisions. So Jauron deserves to be ragged on- he's not some innocent victim who's taking the fallout for losses. He's the reason for most of them.

Mahdi
10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
I will. The guy's proven he's not good enough- he did it in Chicago and he's doing it again here. If the team wins the next 5 games, it will be in spite of Jauron and not because of him. Even Mularkey had us on a 7 game win streak in 04 and we all know he's a complete moron.]

Oh, BTW, two of the losses can be attributed DIRECTLY to bad coaching decisions. So Jauron deserves to be ragged on- he's not some innocent victim who's taking the fallout for losses. He's the reason for most of them.
O so if we lose its because of Jauron and if we win its in-spite of him. Hmm okay.

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
O so if we lose its because of Jauron and if we win its in-spite of him. Hmm okay.

did you WATCH the games? Those losses WERE because of Jauron. And I don't see why you have a problem with it- the guy isn't good enough and he costs us games- if we win it's because someone else got the job done.

Mahdi
10-16-2007, 01:04 PM
did you WATCH the games? Those losses WERE because of Jauron. And I don't see why you have a problem with it- the guy isn't good enough and he costs us games- if we win it's because someone else got the job done.
Just like players,,, coaches mess up too,,,, look at Mike Holmgren in Seattle, the man won a Super Bowl and went to another yet he made some pretty dumb calls on sunday night. So maybe Jauron made a couple bad calls, big deal. He will learn from those and next time wont make them. Every coach has those times. The most important thing for a coach is can he put together a game plan and can he prepare a team. Jauron can do that quite well and short-handed as well.

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Just like players,,, coaches mess up too,,,, look at Mike Holmgren in Seattle, the man won a Super Bowl and went to another yet he made some pretty dumb calls on sunday night. So maybe Jauron made a couple bad calls, big deal. He will learn from those and next time wont make them. Every coach has those times. The most important thing for a coach is can he put together a game plan and can he prepare a team. Jauron can do that quite well and short-handed as well.

The problem is that Jauron doesn't learn. Almost every game he burns a timeout early in a half and we end up not having them when we need them the most. Almost every game, he gets outcoached and fails to adjust when other coaches catch on to what we're doing and shut it down. This isn't a couple of bad games we're talking about here- it's pretty much every game this year and the majority of games last year, not to mention 4 losing seasons out of 5 in Chicago.

Some of you have very short memories. You want to make it sound like I'm ripping on the guy for one or two bad games but you fail to acknowledge that those games are part of a much larger trend of poor performance.

I Hate Aqua Green
10-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Jauron handed the 'Boys six points. He should have punted at the end of the half and went into the break up 17-7 instead of 17-10. Then he should have run Marshawn with 6 minutes left, ran some clock, hit the chippie and had a 27-16 lead that not even the Bills could blow. And if he and Fairchild decided they were going to pass it should have been something more safe (high and to one of the back corners of the end zone where only the receiver could get it). Backtracking, were slaughtered by NE (but who hasn't been) and Pitt on the road. The staff was way too conservative in the Denver game (except for the strangely timed bomb attempt to Evans). So yes, the staff has cost this team two wins this year. It could/should be 3-2 instead of 1-4 with an overhyped (I don't care what their record is) and beatable Baltimore team coming into the Ralph.

Mahdi
10-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Jauron handed the 'Boys six points. He should have punted at the end of the half and went into the break up 17-7 instead of 17-10. Then he should have run Marshawn with 6 minutes left, ran some clock, hit the chippie and had a 27-16 lead that not even the Bills could blow. And if he and Fairchild decided they were going to pass it should have been something more safe (high and to one of the back corners of the end zone where only the receiver could get it). Backtracking, were slaughtered by NE (but who hasn't been) and Pitt on the road. The staff was way too conservative in the Denver game (except for the strangely timed bomb attempt to Evans). So yes, the staff has cost this team two wins this year. It could/should be 3-2 instead of 1-4 with an overhyped (I don't care what their record is) and beatable Baltimore team coming into the Ralph.
Ok so no one here aknowledges that a rash of injuries, inconsistency at QB, a new OL and a lack of playmakers on Offense has anything to do with that? Its like giving a chef mud and sand and asking him to bake you an apple pie. Lets be realistic.

I Hate Aqua Green
10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Read my post...Injuries aside, this is a game that we should have won if it weren't for bone-headed decisions by the staff. The plays that I am speaking of have nothing to do with personnel.

Mahdi
10-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Read my post...Injuries aside, this is a game that we should have won if it weren't for bone-headed decisions by the staff. The plays that I am speaking of have nothing to do with personnel.
Ok the FG at the end of the half was the right call. You should trust yer kicker to hit a 52 yarder that he usually hits. But I think he knows now that Lindell is not reliable when it counts. And the throw that got picked wasnt a bad call either. They wanted to be aggressive and get a first down to kill more clock. It got tipped, it it wasnt tipped im sure that it gets to Evans, Edwards was making the right reads all game so there was no reason to feel that he would suddenly throw a pick. Ware made a good play on the ball tipping it.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Sometimes I wonder if the injuries have anything to do with our problems.

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Ok the FG at the end of the half was the right call. You should trust yer kicker to hit a 52 yarder that he usually hits. But I think he knows now that Lindell is not reliable when it counts. And the throw that got picked wasnt a bad call either. They wanted to be aggressive and get a first down to kill more clock. It got tipped, it it wasnt tipped im sure that it gets to Evans, Edwards was making the right reads all game so there was no reason to feel that he would suddenly throw a pick. Ware made a good play on the ball tipping it.

A 52 yarder is a hell of a kick for any kicker, so it was not a good call. It basically gave the Cowboys 3 points. The throw that got picked WAS a bad call because once again, the call failed to acknowledge the situation with the game clock. 3 points requires them to score two TD's instead of one, and it was a virtually assured 3 points. If there was ANY time to be conservative, that was it, but as usual the coaching staff gets it backwards when it comes to when to gamble and when to be conservative. It was NOT a smart call at all given the game situation at the time.

And as far as your analogy about giving a chef mud for an apple pie, you still don't expect the chef to try to bake the pie by putting it in the freezer. Stupid is still stupid.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 01:43 PM
the kick was a good call. If the kicker says he can make it, a coach will and should give him a shot. Lindell is no slouch. He may not be consistent but he can make that kick.

The pass was a bad one.

jamze132
10-16-2007, 03:05 PM
I will. You will see no more "I like Dick" posts from me! LOlL

He has never proven that he can consistently win at the NFL level. He had one good season in Chicago and didn't do **** the rest of the time. And yes I understand the whole ownership thing in Chicago, it doesn't matter. He isn't the right coach to get us to the promised land. The Super Bowl is reserved for the best coaches.

You can just tell when someone "get's it". He doesn't "get it".

jamze132
10-16-2007, 03:10 PM
The problem is that Jauron doesn't learn. Almost every game he burns a timeout early in a half and we end up not having them when we need them the most. Almost every game, he gets outcoached and fails to adjust when other coaches catch on to what we're doing and shut it down. This isn't a couple of bad games we're talking about here- it's pretty much every game this year and the majority of games last year, not to mention 4 losing seasons out of 5 in Chicago.

Some of you have very short memories. You want to make it sound like I'm ripping on the guy for one or two bad games but you fail to acknowledge that those games are part of a much larger trend of poor performance.
You forgot to mention that every game he has this cluless look on his face when the camera zooms in. It's usaually when he trying to figure out what quarter we are in or "what the **** just happened?"