The Spaz
03-26-2003, 08:16 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030326/1001428.asp

NFL
AFC East paying attention to Bills' upgrades
By ALLEN WILSON
News Sports Reporter
3/26/2003

PHOENIX - The AFC East couldn't have been much tighter than it was a year ago, when the difference between winning the division and finishing last was just one game.
The Buffalo Bills are hoping to rise from worst to first this season, and their division rivals agree the Bills' offseason moves will help their cause.

"I'm glad they don't have (wide receiver) Peerless Price anymore because we haven't tackled him yet," Miami Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said during Tuesday's AFC coaches' media breakfast at the NFL meetings. "But they have added some good people to the mix. I think they should be picked to win the division this year."

That last comment was made with tongue planted firmly in cheek, but Wannstedt is serious about the Bills being better than the team that handled the Dolphins twice last season.

By adding defensive tackle Sam Adams, linebackers Takeo Spikes and Jeff Posey and safety Izell Reese, the Bills have revamped their defense more than any other team in the division. Of course, the Bills had to after finishing 29th in the league against the run and last in turnovers forced.

But with an upgraded defense to go with their explosive offense, the Bills might just be the front-runners in the AFC East this season.

Yeah baby fear the Buffalo Bills! Go Bills!

lordofgun
03-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Gotta love Wannstedt. :snicker:

ANytime I want to forget about how bad GW was last year, all I have to do is think of Wanny. What a fruit.

Pride
03-26-2003, 08:37 AM
Only a dolphin would admit their rivals are better than they are!

RedEyE
03-26-2003, 08:39 AM
Exactly 1 month 'til Draft day :biggrin:

ublinkwescore
03-26-2003, 09:19 AM
The wagons have already been circled.

It's time to pay the Bills.

JJamezz
03-26-2003, 10:09 AM
Yeah, he's a 'tard alright...

I'll never forget hearing him butcher Favre and Riemersma's names.. I think it was something like 'Brett Favor' and 'Jay Reemsma'.. LOL

ANd we'll see how firmly his tongue is planted in his cheek after our D plants Ricky's big ass in the turf this year...

:evil:

The Spaz
03-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Amen to that JJ!:) Go Bills!

Dicknoze69
03-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by JJamezz
Yeah, he's a 'tard alright...

I'll never forget hearing him butcher Favre and Riemersma's names.. I think it was something like 'Brett Favor' and 'Jay Reemsma'.. LOL

ANd we'll see how firmly his tongue is planted in his cheek after our D plants Ricky's big ass in the turf this year...

:evil:

Damn straight man :fishfry:

Billz_fan
03-26-2003, 10:46 AM
LMAO,

Wanndstedt is a goof bag, always good for a laugh. Now we find out he is funny even when he is not on the sidelines :laughter:

Captain gameboy
03-26-2003, 10:54 AM
I don't think Wanny's trying to be funny. The pieces were supposed to be in place for the Dolphins last year, and they only played 16 games.

He's trying the "diminished expectations" strategy to save his job.

Judge
03-26-2003, 11:07 AM
Aren't we all glad that Wanny's in Miami, though?

Good point on the "lowering expectations" routine- Miami should have had the tools needed to win a Super Bowl last year, and failed miserably due to a bad coach, mediocre QB and a soft defense.

LVGrown
03-26-2003, 07:18 PM
lol, wanndstedt is one of my best friends uncles ... i love going to her house and trash talk the dolphins to her step dad!

Erin

colin
03-26-2003, 07:26 PM
I got so pumped after reading this, I kicked my mom in the face.

XNOUGHT
03-26-2003, 08:43 PM
As a Pats fan, I have seen up close the Dolphins redefine the word choke.

You darn Bills.

Whatever you do, dont draft a DE.

ublinkwescore
03-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by colin
I got so pumped after reading this, I kicked my mom in the face.

Really?

what a coincidence, that's how I get my jollys too.

Tatonka
03-26-2003, 09:44 PM
why no DE, x?

colin
03-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore

Really?

what a coincidence, that's how I get my jollys too.

I don't do it for fun, I do it cuz I am a ninja.

ublinkwescore
03-27-2003, 07:08 AM
As you know, I used to be a ninja myself.

TypicalBill
05-17-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT
As a Pats fan, I have seen up close the Dolphins redefine the word choke.

You darn Bills.

Whatever you do, dont draft a DE.

CHRIS KELSAY :horn:

:p: