PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report: Losman #1 trade candidate

The Answer
10-16-2007, 12:49 PM
http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2900-NFL-Buffalo_Bills-Chicago_Bears-NFL_Trade_Deadline_Meet_the_Candidates-161007

1. J.P. Losman

It's no secret that Losman's tenure with the Bills has been mediocre at best—and with rookie Trent Edwards outplaying him, J.P. could be on the way out of Buffalo.

Losman's departure would be a difficult pill for the Bills to swallow, considering the first-round pick they spent on him—but the team is going nowhere with him at the helm.

At this point, they'd be better served bringing back Doug Flutie.

Possibilities: Minnesota, Kansas City, Cleveland, Miami

~The Answer

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Why would Cleveland or Miami be a destination for JP Losman?

I love these idiotic articles that know nothing about all the circumstances involved, makes the entire article look very umm, well stupid.

DraftBoy
10-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Cleveland, KC and Miami?? :wtf:

This is as bad as Elkund is for hockey rumors what a crap report

DraftBoy
10-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Why would Cleveland or Miami be a destination for JP Losman?

I love these idiotic articles that know nothing about all the circumstances involved, makes the entire article look very umm, well stupid.

Dont forget KC hasnt even give Brodie Croyle a shot yet at the QB job and MIN hasnt even give Jackson a full season yet

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Speculation and opinion- there is no evidence to back that up.

If Buffalo is going nowhere with Losman, why would some other team even want him? It takes two to tango and the authors don't address that point.

Aside from that, it's just over 2 hours to the trade deadline, so even if there is any truth to this, the clock is ticking.

Even if they go with Edwards, I'd rather have Losman on the roster in case Edwards either gets hurt or starts to suck. For all Losman's faults, he's better than Nall.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Dont forget KC hasnt even give Brodie Croyle a shot yet at the QB job and MIN hasnt even give Jackson a full season yet

That too!

Carolina maybe, not sure how long Carr is out for but Interceptaverde looked good Sunday.

SF maybe, depending on how long Alex Smith is out.

Chicago's QBs are all equally inept.

Those are about the only 3 teams I can think of that would "need" a QB. Notice the use of quotes, because I'm not sure any of them "need" a QB that may or may not be an improvement over what they already have.

TigerJ
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
The Bills are not trading anyone today.

Wraith
10-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Who or what is Bleacher?

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Who or what is Bleacher?

some fat ass fan who sits at his computer and posts his opinions about sports on the Internet while stuffing his face with nachos, Twinkies and Mountain Dew.

raphael120
10-16-2007, 01:25 PM
If the Bills did that and traded Losman it would be the biggest dick move ever by the organization and as much respect as i have lost for them as it is, this would totally make me lose it completely.

raphael120
10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
some fat ass fan who sits at his computer and posts his opinions about sports on the Internet while stuffing his face with nachos, Twinkies and Mountain Dew.
I heard he liked Ho Hos.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 01:27 PM
wow. I don't think I'll be arguing with you today. :nervous:

DraftBoy
10-16-2007, 01:34 PM
I heard he liked Ho Hos.

Woah! Wait a second now there is nothing wrong with sitting around surfing the net posting garbage and eating ho-hos your crossing the damn line!!

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 01:36 PM
wow. I don't think I'll be arguing with you today. :nervous:

well maybe I was a little harsh but that website appears to be just another fan site- it's just some guy (or some guys) with opinions who feel the need to share them- they have no insider information, no press access, nothing. It's pretty much the same as reading a post from someone here. For all we know, The Answer wrote it himself.

gil

are you deriding the information source for the world's #1 football scout?

anyway, this talk of Losman being traded today is ludicrous - I can't believe there's like 4 threads about it.

justasportsfan
well maybe I was a little harsh .no you weren't but you must've hit few people here . Thank heavens I don't drink MT. Dew.

Dr. Lecter
10-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Op has never been a little harsh.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 01:39 PM
I like ho ho's and I'm drinking coffee at home today...so can I start useless rumors too?

Bills looking to trade Moorman for 4th round pick, Chris Gardocki spotted at the field house.

YaY!

Devin
10-16-2007, 01:46 PM

Wait is that a bad thing?

User Manuel
10-16-2007, 01:47 PM

If Buffalo is going nowhere with Losman, why would some other team even want him? It takes two to tango and the authors don't address that point.

Aside from that, it's just over 2 hours to the trade deadline, so even if there is any truth to this, the clock is ticking.

Even if they go with Edwards, I'd rather have Losman on the roster in case Edwards either gets hurt or starts to suck. For all Losman's faults, he's better than Nall.

Not that I think he is his equal, but many people said the same thing about Brett Favre. If the cost is low enough why WOULDN'T someone take a shot on JP. What is there to lose?

mybills
10-16-2007, 01:49 PM
:rofl:

mybills
10-16-2007, 01:51 PM
no you weren't but you must've hit few people here . Thank heavens I don't drink MT. Dew.
You're not fat, either.

DraftBoy
10-16-2007, 02:20 PM
I like ho ho's and I'm drinking coffee at home today...so can I start useless rumors too?

Bills looking to trade Moorman for 4th round pick, Chris Gardocki spotted at the field house.

YaY!

Take it back or Im changing the Browns pick in the mock to K Alex Serna and sticking with it all offseason.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Take it back or Im changing the Browns pick in the mock to K Alex Serna and sticking with it all offseason.

Good thing the Browns don't have a first round pick!

And for the record, I wanted Mason Crosby on Buffalo or Cleveland in round 5 or 6 last year, so I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a kicker later in the draft.

DraftBoy
10-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Good thing the Browns don't have a first round pick!

And for the record, I wanted Mason Crosby on Buffalo or Cleveland in round 5 or 6 last year, so I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a kicker later in the draft.

You want one for your 2nd Rounder?! Not my fault your team thinks Brady Quinn is your savior. Unfortunately Cleveland is my second favorite team.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 02:26 PM
what difference does it make where they trade him to

just trade him already

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 02:26 PM
You want one for your 2nd Rounder?! Not my fault your team thinks Brady Quinn is your savior. Unfortunately Cleveland is my second favorite team.

Derek Anderson-Brady Quinn vs JP Losman-Trent Edwards.

Unfortunately Buffalo is my second favorite team.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 02:28 PM
what difference does it make where they trade him to ?

if they have a buyer then trade him

jamze132
10-16-2007, 02:37 PM

So, Op... sounds like your getting nervous, eh?

GoBenGo
10-16-2007, 02:44 PM

Good Point. Several good points. I think Carolina with Vinny Testatime, the fish with Cleo, etc. But why not let Edwards do what he is capable of and shown glimpses of, and keep Loseman as a better than average back up?
There are a lot of teams with worse qb scenarios, look what happened to Frye in Stainville. I don't think the QB is the problem. He has to have someone to throw it to and a running game to ease the pressure and keep defenses honest. Without threats like that even a FHOF like Roethlisberger would struggle.
Get some talent at WR and TE , get a good back to compliment Lynch, now yor in business.!

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't think the coaches are ready to annoint Trent as the next Jim Kelly yet.

DraftBoy
10-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Derek Anderson-Brady Quinn vs JP Losman-Trent Edwards.

Unfortunately Buffalo is my second favorite team.

damnit

:sadwalk: