PDA

View Full Version : (TSN.ca) - Sabres SIgn Hecht to 4 Year Extension

SkateZilla
10-16-2007, 02:26 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=220739&hubname=nhl

BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Sabres announced Tuesday that the team has agreed to terms on a US$14.1-million, four-year contract extension with forward Jochen Hecht. Hecht's new contract will keep him in Buffalo through the 2011-2012 season.

Hecht, who will earn $2.35 million this year, was slated for unrestricted free agency after this season. He will earn $3.8 million in 2008-09, $3.8 million in 2009-10, $3.5 million in 2010-11 and $3 million in 2011-12.

qcsabresfan84
10-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Hmmmm, i'm not sure if i'm happy with that deal or unhappy with it. It kinda seems like he'll be getting a little more than he's worth. I would have thought 3 mil per season would have been plenty. however, it is nice to see that we'll have a little bit of continuity with a veteran.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
and regier eluded to learning from mistakes but stopped short of directly admitting that they s**t the bed with contracts

the point is ...it is expected that regier and quinn know what they are doing when they are hired...not learn after the fact

the very idea though that quinn knows the job is a laugh

he had no business in getting involved in player and contract decisions

and regier is the one stuck with all the back tracking for quinns idiot policies

we could have had a powerhouse team

opportunity lost

these comments by regier all but directly contradict the lies they came out with to cover themselves

BlackMetalNinja
10-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Posting like this

Makes you look like

a complete jackass

and wastes a lot

of unnecessary space

so please refrain

from adding one

more reason

to the list

of why nobody

can stand you

:up:

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Posting like this

Makes you look like

a complete jackass

and wastes a lot

of unnecessary space

so please refrain

from adding one

more reason

to the list

of why nobody

can stand you

:up:

L

O

L

JD
10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
I

actually

to

type

im

handicapped

too

Carlton Bailey
10-17-2007, 02:49 AM
Anyone still *****ing about Drury and Briere is a ****ing idiot. The Sabres' special teams have improved immensely without those two. As was the case last year, the defensive corps, not the forward group, is the team's weakness. Hopefully, Regier goes out and gets a shutdown D-man if necessary.

As for Hecht, excellent signing. He's a highly underrated player and the Sabres' best two-way forward.

Darcy Regier and Larry Quinn know a hell of a lot more than those who have *****ed about them. It's been proven a million times over.

BlackMetalNinja
10-17-2007, 06:09 AM
Anyone still *****ing about Drury and Briere is a ****ing idiot. The Sabres' special teams have improved immensely without those two. As was the case last year, the defensive corps, not the forward group, is the team's weakness. Hopefully, Regier goes out and gets a shutdown D-man if necessary.

As for Hecht, excellent signing. He's a highly underrated player and the Sabres' best two-way forward.

Darcy Regier and Larry Quinn know a hell of a lot more than those who have *****ed about them. It's been proven a million times over.

I think the defensive problem is more a function of how the teams play then it is the personnel necessarily. They're going to give up a ton of chances and goals when they constantly jump into the offensive play. It's been stated many times by Lindy and others that they're willing to sacrifice some chances for the other team in order to get more for themselves.

Now, I still think they need to be a little better on the defensive end even with that being said... but that's why Ryan Miller needs to be a consistent top end goalie.

Philagape
10-17-2007, 08:39 AM

We'll see who's *****ing in May.

Michael82
10-17-2007, 09:35 AM
We'll see who's *****ing in May.
EXACTLY! :hi5: