10-16-2007, 03:17 PM
sorry if already posted

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#427295

Bill Brasky
10-16-2007, 03:31 PM
per nfl live.

raphael120
10-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Yep, Mort Anderson from ESPN reports also, Trent Edwards era has begun.

Sorry JP...:sad:

raphael120
10-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Everyone is also saying that Ralph had a big say in this decision too...no big suprise.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Everyone is also saying that Ralph had a big say in this decision too...no big suprise.
this scares me the most.

jamze132
10-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Just saw it it on NFL Live. Schshlerlth said something about Edwards but I couldn't undertand what he said. I think it was the standard blurb "he gives them the best chance to win" or something like that.

LtBillsFan66
10-16-2007, 03:34 PM
IN TRENT I TRUST!

raphael120
10-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Firing Jauron and giving playcalling duties to a 5 year old proficient with madden gives us the best chance to win.

acehole
10-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Is it at all possible to you JP is not ready this week?

Yep, Mort Anderson from ESPN reports also, Trent Edwards era has begun.

Sorry JP...:sad:

raphael120
10-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I feel bad for JP man. This kid has gone through a lot of crap and lost his game this year in two games is pretty incredible.

Chalk another player up to coaching failure. just like lee is suffering from it now.

circlethewagons
Im fine with either guy starting- but i hope the decision was made based properly rather than by Ralph intervening- Hes on record saying he like Trent

raphael120
All reports indicate that JP is fully healthy and cleared to go.

jamze132
10-16-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't know the reasons surrounding the decision but I hope that the only reason Edwards is starting is because of JPs knee.

I am on record as saying if healthy, JP should start since it's still his job to lose. I fully agree with Lee Evans on this one.

And again I will say that 90% of the time, whatever decision Dick makes is usually the wrong one.

SquishDaFish
10-16-2007, 03:38 PM
They also said this week nothing about being annoited the starter for the rest of the season. I hope they didnt do it jst because of what Ralph wants.

SquishDaFish
10-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Dick SUCKS no matter what decision he makes

raphael120
Im fine with either guy starting- but i hope the decision was made based properly rather than by Ralph intervening- Hes on record saying he like Trent

Do you agree with most of the coaching decisions thus far? Ex. Greer being behind "Ouchies" Webster, Youboty, and "Toast McGee".

I dont know man...I dont trust our coaches decisions...but Ill tell you this, if Edwards doesnt save this season for jauron, fans are going to be livid.

OpIv37

deeply disturbing.

Ralph is not a football guy- he's a business guy. If he can't trust Dick and Marv to make the decision, he shouldn't have hired them in the first ****ing place.

The way this team is run is embarrassing sometimes.

Oh, well. Good luck, Trent- hopefully you're the guy we've needed for the last decade.

justasportsfan
I feel bad for JP man. This kid has gone through a lot of crap and lost his game this year in two games is pretty incredible.

Chalk another player up to coaching failure. just like lee is suffering from it now.
it's not over. If Trent has a bad game, the bills will go back to JP.

naugem
10-16-2007, 03:40 PM
If this is true, then I hope Trent becomes a great QB and returns the Bills to the glory days.
But right now I don't feel/think it's the right decision.

raphael120
10-16-2007, 03:41 PM
deeply disturbing.

Ralph is not a football guy- he's a business guy. If he can't trust Dick and Marv to make the decision, he shouldn't have hired them in the first ****ing place.

The way this team is run is embarrassing sometimes.

Oh, well. Good luck, Trent- hopefully you're the guy we've needed for the last decade.

Remember is was Ralph who wanted Rob Johnson in...and it was done.

RedEyE
10-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Bills can't flip flop at this point. They have to stick it out with Trent through thick and thin now.

raphael120
10-16-2007, 03:42 PM

if the do that it could be the dumbest thing Jauron has ever done. Well...one of the most. haha.

No, it's Trent from here on out. JP is gone at the end of the year. There is no point in letting JP play another down unless Edwards gets hurt.

Dr. Lecter
10-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Go Trent!

raphael120
10-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Just another case of Ralph savin money and this will definitly sell tickets..."Hey come see the new golden boy of the franchise!" Sells tickets, saves Ralph money. Win win.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Bills can't flip flop at this point. They have to stick it out with Trent through thick and thin now.
They better not annoint Trent because if Trent goes down to an injury (which he has at college) and JP lights it up, we may be looking for another qb in next years draft because you already ran JP out of town.

gil
10-16-2007, 03:45 PM
well, this season has been an interesting one.

HHURRICANE
I'm shocked.

The coacking staff had nothing to lose letting JP back out there. If he failed than Trent was ready to go. Now...

No going back from this decision. Edwards plays the rest of the year or you have to fire everyone, including the owner.

RedEyE
I like Trent and think that he might prove a significant asset to this team in the future, but I have a gut wrenching feeling that failing to start Losman is a bad decision.

Let's put it this way. If Losman were given the chance to start this week and proved disappointing over say the next 2-3 weeks, then inject Edwards. A point would be proven. Let's prove the system and Losman aren't good for one another.

Now, if Edwards plays poorly, the Bills are forced to stay with him the entire season as to not cause a repeating occurance Mularkey - Holcomb style. If the Bills believe that Edwards is their guy, then he finishes this season.

Like Justa said, this pretty much ends JPs tenure a Buffalo Bill.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 03:47 PM
I like Trent and think that he might prove a significant asset to this team in the future, but I have a gut wrenching feeling that failing to start Losman is a bad decision.

Let's put it this way. If Losman were given the chance to start this week and proved disappointing over say the next 2-3 weeks, then inject Edwards.

Now, if Edwards plays poorly, the Bills are forced to stay with him the entire season as to not cause a repeating occurance Mularkey - Holcomb style. If the Bills believe that Edwards is their guy, then he finishes this season.
My sentiments exactly.

well the coaches can easily say, we're going with Trent because we're not confident in JP knee just yet. That should bail them out if Trent plays horribly.

OpIv37
10-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Remember is was Ralph who wanted Rob Johnson in...and it was done.

wow, he sure knows how to pick em :rolleyes:

How do you fix an organization when the problem is the guy who makes the decisions and writes the checks?

Carlton Bailey
10-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Life is good.

DraftBoy
10-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Josh Johnson here we come!!

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Jauron has never been a HC who's been married to his QBs. Remember the Cade McNown/Shane Mathes/Henry Burris/God knows who else QB carousel in Chicago? I don't think for one minute that Trent won't be pulled if he somehow sucks beyone belief.

gil
10-16-2007, 03:53 PM
I am so sick of our QB situation - I allowed myself to be mildly excited about JP and then he comes out and lays an egg - I just don't think I can bring myself to be excited about Trent - yet...

Bufftp
10-16-2007, 03:53 PM
"in the bst interest of the Buffalo Bills" Ralp can some bucks. Think about it.

Yasgur's Farm
10-16-2007, 03:54 PM
If this holds true I will support Edwards with all my Bills fan being.

BUT... I believe this will go down as THE worst decision in Bills history!!

acehole
10-16-2007, 03:55 PM
All reports indicate that JP is fully healthy and cleared to go.
I heard questionable to probable...I mean he did sprian his knee right?

Carlton Bailey
10-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I believe this will go down as THE worst decision in Bills history!!

Overreactions R Us.

RedEyE
10-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I guess the upswing to this is if Edwards falls on his face this season too the Bills should be in prime positioning to snag a high end QB out of the top of round 1 Draft '08.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2007, 04:08 PM
I guess the upswing to this is if Edwards falls on his face this season too the Bills should be in prime positioning to snag a high end QB out of the top of round 1 Draft '08.

Brohm Ball baby!!!

billser
10-16-2007, 04:11 PM
At least they didnt go with the safe choice because they thought the season was done for anyway....its good that at least the coaches are trying to put in whoever is best to win now in their opinion....however, i will be killing myself if Losman proves to be great down the line playing somehwere else

churchinski
10-16-2007, 04:11 PM
as I have been saying Ralph will make the call

and Ralph is smart enough to know that Edwards is the better QB

so....

if Ralph wants Edwards as the starter then the starter is Edwards

simple

and it works for me because Ralph usually makes the right call on players when he decides to get involved

I said numerous times that Ralph WILL pick up the phone and Trent Edwards WILL be the starter

and now you have it

CASE CLOSED !

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 04:17 PM
as I have been saying Ralph will make the call

and Ralph is smart enough to know that Edwards is the better QB

he was smart enough to put Robosack over Flutie. We all know how that went.

raphael120
10-16-2007, 04:20 PM
The coaches decisions thus far is not smart.

I dont want Ralph deciding who the QB is.

I dont want a rotation system instead of situational personel. I dont want Rian Niell and Tim Anderson in on goal line situations.

I dont want Greer sitting the bench when he's our best CB.

I dont want to throw the ball when a field goal will help us win the game.

I dont want split lockerrooms.

Was this the coaches decision or was this just Ralph? This is the big thing. If the players find out that this was exclusivly Ralphs decision, and the coaches wanted JP back in...thats going to cause a lot of division in the locker room.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 04:21 PM

i'm not sure that that was ralph's call

if it was that is one of the occassions on which he was wrong

there was no contest between flutie and johnson

flutie was clearly the better QB

but ralph had a lot of money invested in johnson and maybe he insisted on putting johnson in there in an effort to get some return on his money

after spending that kind of money it's only natural to be inclined to want to make good on that investment

he was put in a bad spot on the advice of his GM who made the trade for rob johnson

no he's playing it smart and refusing to back himself into a corner on a contract with losman who doesn't deserve that kind of money

raphael120
10-16-2007, 04:21 PM

EXACTLY!

Yeah, dude, Ralph is so ****ing smart we've been out of the playoffs since '99 and RALPH FIRED our last coach that got us to the playoffs.

Yeah, Ralph is smart as ****. Whatever.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 04:25 PM
i'm not sure that that was ralph's call

if it was that is one of the occassions on which he was wrong

there was no contest between flutie and johnson

flutie was clearly the better QB

but ralph had a lot of money invested in johnson and maybe he insisted on putting johnson in there in an effort to get some return on his money

he was put in a bad spot on the advice of his GM who made the trade for rob johnson
it was Ralphy's call. Almost common knowledge. Wade wanted Flutie but Ralph said Robosack and we ended up with the Music City Miracle.

Again, Wade wanted DF so the choice was Ralphy's. No GM was involved in the decision.

I don't care how much money he had invested in RJ. Flutie saved this franchise. If you want your investments to return, you win.

As for this decision, if Ralphy had a hand in it, I hope he got it rigt this time. Needless to say, he has to stop getting involved with football decisions.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 04:28 PM
The coaches decisions thus far is not smart.

I dont want Ralph deciding who the QB is.

I dont want a rotation system instead of situational personel. I dont want Rian Niell and Tim Anderson in on goal line situations.

I dont want Greer sitting the bench when he's our best CB.

I dont want to throw the ball when a field goal will help us win the game.

I dont want split lockerrooms.

Was this the coaches decision or was this just Ralph? This is the big thing. If the players find out that this was exclusivly Ralphs decision, and the coaches wanted JP back in...thats going to cause a lot of division in the locker room.

well if the coach's decisions are questionable then who do you want to decide on the QB ?

you say the coaches make bad decisions and then you imply that you want them to make the call on the QB ?

as far as the players go this will not cause any problem , in fact I think it has a positive influence when they are made to realize that the owner is involved...play up to your contract or you will be out of the lineup...that kind of message keeps players on their toes

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
well if the coach's decisions are questionable then who do you want to decide on the QB ?

you say the coaches make bad decisions and then you imply that you want them to make the call on the QB ?

as far as the players go this will not cause any problem , in fact I think it has a positive influence when they are made to realize that the owner is involved...play up to your contract or you will be out of the lineup...that kind of message keeps players on their toes
your coaches will have more info than Ralphy. THey watch the players while Ralphy has his mid afternoon nap time. Ralphy should just keep his mouth shut. The only good decision he's ever made football wise was Polian and he screwed that up too which is why the colts are where they're at and we're where we're at today.

RedEyE
10-16-2007, 04:32 PM
If Ralph did make the call and ultimately pushed this decision, then this makes Ralph worse then Dan Snyder, the Redskins owner, or Jerry Jones, the Cowboys owner in my opinion.

Why? Because at least when they willfully "assist" in making roster moves, they at least open up the check book to FA in attempt to get the team moving in the right direction, in one fluid motion.

If it's true that Ralph yet again forced the hand of another coach then he'd at least better give Jaruon the same curtesouy and open the check book to FA in 2008.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 04:33 PM
it was Ralphy's call. Almost common knowledge. Wade wanted Flutie but Ralph said Robosack and we ended up with the Music City Miracle.

Again, Wade wanted DF so the choice was Ralphy's. No GM was involved in the decision.

I don't care how much money he had invested in RJ. Flutie saved this franchise. If you want your investments to return, you win.

As for this decision, if Ralphy had a hand in it, I hope he got it rigt this time. Needless to say, he has to stop getting involved with football decisions.

i disagree ...it has been said that he was heavily involved with the draft choices this year ....and it is reasonable to say that this is one of the best drafts the Bills have had in a long time

he made the call on bruce smith and thurman thomas

Wilson's involvement with the johnson decision has mitigating factors because he was influenced into giving a $25 million contract to Johnson ...huge for back then

in general Wilson has a stellar track record when he gets involved

and he is obviously right in this case

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 04:37 PM
i disagree ...it has been said that he was heavily involved with the draft choices this year ....and it is reasonable to say that this is one of the best drafts the Bills have had in a long time

he made the call on bruce smith and thurman thomas

Wilson's involvement with the johnson decision has mitigating factors because he was influenced into giving a $25 million contract to Johnson ...huge for back then

in general Wilson has a stellar track record when he gets involved

and he is obviously right in this case

Ralphy was operating based on the info he got from his GM and scouting dept. That's how involed he was in the draft. You think the guy knows more about college than you and I?
Bruce and Thurman was all Poilian. Get your facts straight.

He's obviously right in this case? Based on what? Your opinion? Sorry, the jury is still out on this one. Like I said, I hope he's right.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 04:41 PM
your coaches will have more info than Ralphy. THey watch the players while Ralphy has his mid afternoon nap time. Ralphy should just keep his mouth shut. The only good decision he's ever made football wise was Polian and he screwed that up too which is why the colts are where they're at and we're where we're at today.

i disagree

during the donahue era the Bills were scoring at a clip of something like 30 points a game when donahue decide to go 'smash mouth' as he called it

after several games of that crap grinding the offense to a halt and sending the team into a spiral ralph stepped in

he publicly criticized their 'smash mouth'

these coaches and GMs aren't always the experts you think they are
they may know the details and all the terminologies but that doesn't preclude a person from being a bad decision maker

all you need to do is watch some of these games and some of these personel decisions to see that

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 04:43 PM
i disagree

during the donahue era the Bills were scoring at a clip of something like 30 points a game when donahue decide to go 'smash mouth' as he called it

after several games of that crap grinding the offense to a halt and sending the team into a spiral ralph stepped in

he publicly criticized their 'smash mouth'

these coaches and GMs aren't always the experts you think they are
they may know the details and all the terminologies but that doesn't preclude a person from being a bad decision maker

all you need to do is watch some of these games and some of these personel decisions to see that
and who picked Donahoe? checkmate.

STAMPY
10-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Very Nice. Very Nice

raphael120
10-16-2007, 04:44 PM

OK, youre just flat out wrong on the Thurman Thomas guy, Marv and Polian had the say in that. Scouts had the biggest say. not Ralph.

And another thing...who are we pattin on the back for draft picks now? First it's Marv and oh marv is so great with his drafts..and oh Donahoe sucks with his drafts...now all of a sudden Ralphs the one picking? Get your facts straight, the coaches and scouts have the most input on draft picks. And if he does have more say then he is no better than Washington and Cowboys GM because he's power hungry and his team sucks because of it. At least Jerry Jones can build a winning team, as can Snyder every other year.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Don't debate the great churchinski, he's never wrong. He's an excellent prognosticator. He knows all. He is God.

I'm beginning to think ICE is back.

Church, how do you feel about Tulsa?

churchinski
10-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Ralphy was operating based on the info he got from his GM and scouting dept. That's how involed he was in the draft. You think the guy knows more about college than you and I?
Bruce and Thurman was all Poilian. Get your facts straight.

He's obviously right in this case? Based on what? Your opinion? Sorry, the jury is still out on this one. Like I said, I hope he's right.

if you are so convinced that these GMs are due all the credit, then what happened to the GM called donahue

Mike williams does that name ring a bell

and how about the travis henry / mcgahee mess ?

and who brought losman in ?

and the GM before him that traded for rob johnson, is that another example of ralph been lead by the nose into these great decisions that only GMs and scouts make ?

LOL

as far as bruce smith goes they were deliberating between him and bosworth and ralph stepped in and told them to take smith
GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
Ralph made the call

churchinski
10-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Don't debate the great churchinski, he's never wrong. He's an excellent prognosticator. He knows all. He is God.

Tulsa ?

I don't watch much college football.

My strong suit is hockey handicapping for which I have good reputation.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 04:50 PM
if you are so convinced that these GMs are due all the credit, then what happened to the GM called donahue

and the GM before him that traded for rob johnson, is that another example of ralph been lead by the nose into these great decisions that only GMs and scouts make ?

LOL

The point is this, which you fail to realize. Ralphy had as much input with those guys as he did with Thurman, Bruce and now Trent. You want to praise Ralph and call him a genius for those moves, well then you better criticize Ralph for Rob Johnson/Flutie, trading away Lamonica, firing Polian because he couldn't get along with Polians family...etc.

There are plenty of things good and bad with this franchise that correlate directly to Ralph. Over 47 years that tends to happen.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 04:51 PM

LOL

as far as bruce smith goes they were deliberating between him and bosworth and ralph stepped in and told them to take smith
GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
Ralph made the call
read my post prior to this. WHo hired Donahoe? RALPHY.

It's DONAHOE not Donahue. If you can't even spell his name right why are you trying to argue. You didn't even know what transpired during the DF/RJ era and you're trying to talk about the 90's?

TigerJ
10-16-2007, 04:53 PM
this scares me the most.

Agreed. I don't mind the decision. I figured a while ago that Edwards would end up the long term starter for the Bills, but it rarely turns out to be a good thing when Ralph Wilson starts to get involved in personnel decisions. He's a fan like the rest of us. The problem is he's a fan with money and power. The problem with fans is we have a propensity for knee jerk reactions. Knee jerk reactions with no power behind them is not a problem. Knee jerk reactions backed by power is a huge problem.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 04:55 PM
OK, youre just flat out wrong on the Thurman Thomas guy, Marv and Polian had the say in that. Scouts had the biggest say. not Ralph.

And another thing...who are we pattin on the back for draft picks now? First it's Marv and oh marv is so great with his drafts..and oh Donahoe sucks with his drafts...now all of a sudden Ralphs the one picking? Get your facts straight, the coaches and scouts have the most input on draft picks. And if he does have more say then he is no better than Washington and Cowboys GM because he's power hungry and his team sucks because of it. At least Jerry Jones can build a winning team, as can Snyder every other year.

you better go back and read what I said about marv's first draft

LOL

it was the furthest thing from 'patting him on the back'

i have argued several times with people spewing the BS , just like parrots about how good that draft was....

I have said dozens of times that whitner is no first round pick and their first round defensive tackle plays good for a 3rd round pick.

and I have said that thios years draft was excellent and that Edwards was a very good pick

LOL

get your facts straight,

it seems like your only avenue for debate is to fabricate comments never made and assign them to people

churchinski
10-16-2007, 04:58 PM
as far as the QB goes

I told you how it was going to go down

and now you have it exactly as I said it would happen

so why are you so shocked and appauled when I told you in advance how it would go ?

next time listen and then you won't be so shocked

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 04:59 PM
you better go back and read what I said about marv's first draft

LOL

it was the furthest thing from 'patting him on the back'

i have argued several times with people spewing the BS , just like parrots about how good that draft was....

I have said dozens of times that whitner is no first round pick and their first round defensive tackle plays well for a 3rd round pick.

LOL

get your facts straight,

it seems like your only avenue for debate is to fabricate comments never made and assign them to people

Then you've been wrong dozens of times. Whitner was certainly a first round talent. He was projected to go in Round 1 by pretty much everyone. Mike Mayock even projected the Bills to take him prior to the draft.

McCargo is some conjecture, he was projected to be a 2nd rounder, and went in the late 1st. But Marv traded up to get him because there were some rumblings the Giants were tabbing him and settled for Kiwaunka when we leapfrogged them.

And, I, by no means was a full supporter of either of these picks originally. But Whitner is a huge asset for a Cover 2 defensive scheme. McCargo, eh, whatever, I think we missed on the pick, but I can see the logic used in getting him. If he was the guy they wanted.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 05:00 PM
as far as the QB goes

I told you how it was going to go down

and now you have it exactly as I said it would happen

so why are you so shocked and appauled when I told you in advance how it would go ?

next time listen and then you won't be so shocked
yeah yeah so did other posters here. So once again, who hired DONAHOE?

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 05:01 PM

yo funtimes, you were saying? :D

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 05:04 PM
yo funtimes, you were saying? :D

word, son.

I didn't know I needed to spell out "know-it-all, I think I'm God" behavior he displays in every post.

And actually, I'm positive I still didn't now!

I asked the great churchinski before this, and I'm gonna ask again, seeing he never answered.

If you (churchinski) are so smart and know all about football....what NFL team do you work for?

churchinski
10-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Then you've been wrong dozens of times. Whitner was certainly a first round talent. He was projected to go in Round 1 by pretty much everyone. Mike Mayock even projected the Bills to take him prior to the draft.

McCargo is some conjecture, he was projected to be a 2nd rounder, and went in the late 1st. But Marv traded up to get him because there were some rumblings the Giants were tabbing him and settled for Kiwaunka when we leapfrogged them.

And, I, by no means was a full supporter of either of these picks originally. But Whitner is a huge asset for a Cover 2 defensive scheme. McCargo, eh, whatever, I think we missed on the pick, but I can see the logic used in getting him. If he was the guy they wanted.
nope

whitner has done nothing close to justify being selected as the 8th overall

and as time passed I will look even more right than i am now

this..."even mike mayock' crap...what is that supposed to be ?....is that one of those junvenile deals like ...mike mayock said blah blah blah so I must be right ?
LOL for every mike mayock saying it was a good pick there is a draft 'expert' saying the opposite , so drop that weak charade already

I go by what he does on the field not what mike mayock said the day he was drafted

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 05:08 PM
nope

whitner has done nothing close to justify being selected as the 8th overall

and as time passed I will look even more right than i am now

this..."even mike mayock' crap...what is that supposed to be ?....is that one of those junvenile deals like ...mike mayock said blah blah blah so I must be right ?
LOL for every mike mayock saying it was a good pick there is a draft 'expert' saying the opposite , so drop that weak charade already

I go by what he does on the field not what mike mayock said the day he was drafted

Find me one Draft prognostication that didn't have Whitner as a first round player. Outside of yourself, when you find it post the link. Then maybe I and others will find you credible in this argument. Start now.

Thanks.

In advance.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 05:09 PM
If you (churchinski) are so smart and know all about football....what NFL team do you work for?
he could either be a pop warner coach or a Jr. journalist :idunno:

Mr. Cynical
10-16-2007, 05:11 PM
How do you fix an organization when the problem is the guy who makes the decisions and writes the checks?

Game, set, match.

Hand that man the trophy. :D

churchinski
10-16-2007, 05:13 PM
word, son.

I didn't know I needed to spell out "know-it-all, I think I'm God" behavior he displays in every post.

And actually, I'm positive I still didn't now!

I asked the great churchinski before this, and I'm gonna ask again, seeing he never answered.

the topic of the thread is losman

and the result of myself being dead on with what was going to happen has all you people going off on tangents away from the post topic in order to change the subject

asking goofy questions like...what nfl team do you work for

lol

why do you post opinions when you don't work in the nfl

if you abided by your own words you wouldn't voice any opinion because you would feel like shouldn't have one being that you don't work for an nfl team

you are a hypocrite

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
okay enough arguing

:couch:

churchinski
10-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Find me one Draft prognostication that didn't have Whitner as a first round player. Outside of yourself, when you find it post the link. Then maybe I and others will find you credible in this argument. Start now.

Thanks.

In advance.
well that IS the difference between me and you

I have an original opinion taken from years of watching the game

you go by the parrot theory ...what you read and what the crowd says is what you adopt as your opinion

I on the other hand have an original opinion born from using my own observations

G. Host
10-16-2007, 05:18 PM
"in the bst interest of the Buffalo Bills" Ralp can some bucks. Think about it.
e h - the letters missing from your post and all that is worth thinking about. Rest is just b s, two more letters.

shelby
10-16-2007, 05:18 PM
i hate to interrupt the ego-stroking going on here, but i thought i'd post a link:

Rookie quarterback Trent Edwards (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=8346), who has started the last two games for the Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf) in place of injured veteran J.P. Losman (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6781), will retain the No. 1 job when the team hosts the Baltimore Ravens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=bal) on Sunday afternoon.
The decision to keep Edwards in the lineup, which will be announced Wednesday by coach Dick Jauron, was first reported by ESPN's Chris Mortensen, citing a team source.

<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (BEGIN) -->
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/mugs/65x90/10536.jpg Edwards

<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (END) -->
A third-round draft choice and the 92nd player selected overall, Edwards will not be named the starter for the rest of the season. The former Stanford star could keep the job through the balance of the year, however, if he continues to play well and impresses the Buffalo staff.
"It's the right call for us for now," a team source told ESPN.com. "He's [demonstrated] a lot of poise. We'll just see how it goes from here on out."
It is believed that Buffalo owner Ralph Wilson offered input into the decision.
If Edwards' stint as the starter is more than just a short-term arrangement, it could mark the end of Losman's tenure in Buffalo after this season. Losman is under contract through the 2008 season but isn't likely to be happy with his situation if he is not the starter.

full story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3066434)

shelby
10-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Let's keep posts on-topic here, guys. No one gives a :curse: who predicted this and who didn't. It's irrelevant.
Off topic crap will be deleted. Keep it football related.
Thanks.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 05:23 PM
i hate to interrupt the ego-stroking going on here, but i thought i'd post a link:

full story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3066434)

well thanks for the story shelby

it's coming as a shock to some of the 'JP' fan club but they were given the news in advance

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 05:24 PM
the topic of the thread is losman

and the result of myself being dead on with what was going to happen has all you people going off on tangents away from the post topic in order to change the subject

asking goofy questions like...what nfl team do you work for

lol

why do you post opinions when you don't work in the nfl

if you abided by your own words you wouldn't voice any opinion because you would feel like shouldn't have one being that you don't work for an nfl team

you are a hypocrite

I'm a hypocrite? You're the one who posts like a self proclaimed genius. When you get one thing right. Oh Losman isn't good, guess what, there were plenty of people in Buffalo who figured that one out. But you know more about football then everyone else, because you hit this one right?

Even the sun shine's on a dog ass somedays. Anyone can win the lottery.

It's not your opinions that are so ******ed that get annoying, it's you're "i'm better than you and know more than you" attitude. If you're that brilliant than the rest of us peons, you certainly should be working for an NFL team!

Apparently, comprehension isn't one of your strong points either, but I digress.

You're right about Losman, so you're the self proclaimed smartest Bills fan ever, the funny part is, you play the same act on the Sabres forum. It's laughable how absolutely ridiculous you come across.

But then you're outright wrong on other points, like Ralph is a genius and does everything right and Whitner wasn't a projected first round talent or pick. So you back down from that part of the argument, an argument you yourself started because you realize you're just out and out wrong.

Good strategy.

Why don't I work for an NFL team? Because I don't know everything about football nor do I try to come across on a message board proclaiming I do, unlike yourself.

Notice the bold part. It's important.

shelby
10-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Let's keep posts on-topic here, guys. No one gives a :curse: who predicted this and who didn't. It's irrelevant.
Off topic crap will be deleted. Keep it football related.
Thanks.

i really mean this. Just so you know.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 05:27 PM
it's coming as a shock to some of the 'JP' fan club but they were given the news in advance I have skooby to thank for that.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 05:28 PM

I'm done now!

PcA125
10-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Did I miss something? Are we sure that Ralph made this call? If so could someone please give me a link or something because i havnt heard anything that says that Ralph forced the coaches to choose Edwards. Isnt it possible that they just saw both Qbs in practice and saw that one clearly outplayed the other?

We are coming up with all this stuff like the players are gonna split and everrything.. Well they have played a hell of a lot better with edwards as QB... maybe they like him better?

djjimkelly
10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
well not that it already hasnt been but we are the new bengles lions rolled into 1. a day that the bills have truly made me have no hope is today.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 05:40 PM

i just stated it matter of factly

the real problem comes from people who act on their sensitivies and the take it into personal attacks

if you notice the personal attacks didn't originate from the person that said.."look it when just as I said it would'

nope the personal attacks came from those would didn't like wilsons decision and decided to vent it by engaging in taking personal shots

shoot the messenger

if there was a concern for personal attacks the message from the mod would be ....

simply stop the personal attacks ...if he was right he was right ...but that gives you no cause or right for engaging in personal attacks

if you don't like the QB decision don't vent your frustation in personal attacks

that wouls be the message from the mod if personal attacks were really the issue

but somehow i get the sense that the personal attacks aren't the real issue

somehow the mod isn't conserned with how instigated personal attack
somehow the mod is more focused on..."hey this went like i said it would"

the mod seems to be using this as an excuse for giving these posters a pass on the personal attack they start

so don't admonish the people actaully making the personal attacks ...admonish the person who forwarded the opinion that the mod might not agree with
so what else it new ???
LOL nothing new typical forum stuff

Night Train
10-16-2007, 05:43 PM
I just wanted to login and say " I called it " .

:assclown:

Novacane
10-16-2007, 05:45 PM

How would "everyone" know this? I don't think Ralph would overide Marv if Marv wanted JP.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 05:47 PM

I forgot about you too. Thanks for the heads up :up:

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 05:48 PM

Very good job on the prognostication!

I had a feeling it would happen, but you indeed nailed it.

Kudos.

Oaf
10-16-2007, 05:53 PM
:ill:
Can't we give the guy one more shot?

Tatonka
10-16-2007, 06:07 PM
trent will be hurt before the end of the season.. guarenteed. he has never stayed healthy. ever.

Meathead
10-16-2007, 06:13 PM
lots can happen

unless jp isnt a hunnerd pcent i think this is a big mistake

i pray im wrong

i hope we get to see him on the road. that means he will have done well against balt. lots of stuff changes when youre away. id like to see if he can handle it

go trent

Meathead
10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
btw ban church. otherwise hes a hair away from the infamy of a mh ignore

churchinski
10-16-2007, 06:24 PM
btw ban church. otherwise hes a hair away from the infamy of a mh ignore

no one cares who you ignore

it's as insignificant as you

Philagape
10-16-2007, 06:26 PM
trent will be hurt before the end of the season.. guarenteed. he has never stayed healthy. ever.

Kinda ironic that it was a JP injury that led to this ....?

jamze132
10-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Starting to sound like Mularkey part deux.

jamze132
10-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Do you agree with most of the coaching decisions thus far? Ex. Greer being behind "Ouchies" Webster, Youboty, and "Toast McGee".

I dont know man...I dont trust our coaches decisions...but Ill tell you this, if Edwards doesnt save this season for jauron, fans are going to be livid.
Us fans are going to be livid because Dick sucks, not because Edwards can't save the season. It's not even fair to anoint him as the "savior" considering the bumblinkg idiot calling the plays.

TacklingDummy
10-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Does anyone think JP reads this board. I gave him a tip a few weeks ago to put his house up on the market. I hope he listened to me.

shelby
10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
i just stated it matter of factly

the real problem comes from people who act on their sensitivies and the take it into personal attacks

if you notice the personal attacks didn't originate from the person that said.."look it when just as I said it would'

nope the personal attacks came from those would didn't like wilsons decision and decided to vent it by engaging in taking personal shots

shoot the messenger

if there was a concern for personal attacks the message from the mod would be ....

simply stop the personal attacks ...if he was right he was right ...but that gives you no cause or right for engaging in personal attacks

if you don't like the QB decision don't vent your frustation in personal attacks

that wouls be the message from the mod if personal attacks were really the issue

but somehow i get the sense that the personal attacks aren't the real issue

somehow the mod isn't conserned with how instigated personal attack
somehow the mod is more focused on..."hey this went like i said it would"

the mod seems to be using this as an excuse for giving these posters a pass on the personal attack they start

so don't admonish the people actaully making the personal attacks ...admonish the person who forwarded the opinion that the mod might not agree with
so what else it new ???
LOL nothing new typical forum stuff

What makes you think my post was directed at you?

Believe it or not, this message board is not all about you.

If you have a problem, feel free to PM an Administrator.

Thank you.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 07:18 PM

that's what i was wondering.i thought Lossman was going to be named the starter.

Philagape
10-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Believe it or not, this message board is not all about you.

I don't believe it

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 07:21 PM
They better not annoint Trent because if Trent goes down to an injury (which he has at college) and JP lights it up, we may be looking for another qb in next years draft because you already ran JP out of town.

what a douche of a post. :down:

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 07:27 PM
what a douche of a post. :down:

WHy would anyone even post that??

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 07:29 PM
WHy would anyone even post that??

it's in his head. :snicker:

JerseyBoofaloBills
10-17-2007, 10:32 AM
didnt i tell you guys..Chambers was going to get traded to the super chargers for a 2nd rounder, i hate to say i told you so..(sarcasm)

But im happy about Trent getting the start, should be exciting to see what he can do against a tough Raven Defense..

Go Bills!

Willis McGahee- 14 carries 65 yards =) and a fumble.