PDA

View Full Version : People please

acehole
10-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Edwards was not named the starter...but is "Starting" for the Ravens game. It may mean JP is not ready medically. I will say if Edwards shines it will be hard to justify Jp reclaiming his job to the fans. Edwards will have to complete 5 or 10 passes over 5 or 10 yards for me to be convinced. The coaches now have all the "Outs" in the world......if either faulters or shines. IF he does great the coach will take credit for having the forsight to make the switch...if he suck the coaches will say...." Well JP was not ready to come back from his injury and we wanted to make sure we didnt rush him back...blah blah...you will see..... The worst news on this is not that Edwards is starting for Ravens but who made this call?...if it is Faichild it is a CYA move IMHO...if it is Ralph we are certainly doomed...is it Jaron who eluded to wait for practice to see what was what....he might of just saw JP was not medically ready but now has a great reason to use one more week to evaluate T Edwards. I will say it makes me want to watch BB football again to see what happens......

SquishDaFish
10-16-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree

Novacane
10-16-2007, 04:44 PM
So JP was lying in his radio interview yesterday when he said he's ready to go? :rolleyes:

Please people. The Bills were never sold on JP. He was not thier guy. Thats why they drafted Trent. JP had to play his ass off to keep his job and didn't . Stop being delusional.

HHURRICANE
10-16-2007, 04:45 PM
As soon as Marv and Jauron came here they were ready to replace Losman. Getting Edwards and the praise they had for him tells me that this was a forgone conclusion.

Wilson having a say in the decision tells me that he doesn't even want to have any QB controversy that he might need to write a check for.

JP is done in Buffalo after just 2 games in 2007?! Was JP ever going to keep his job this year?

Philagape
10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
JP is done in Buffalo after just 2 games in 2007?! Was JP ever going to keep his job this year?

Like Novacane said, he had to play his ass off. His first two games weren't good enough. People use play calling as an excuse, but his job was to do well within those limitations. He didn't. If a QB can do well only in certain systems, then he's not a franchise QB.
And with the threat of exactly this looming over his shoulder, he folded.

SquishDaFish
10-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Like Ive said all along I dont care who the QB is as long as we are playcalling to their strengths and NOT HOLDING BACK! They need to let whomever it is PLAY

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Like Novacane said, he had to play his ass off. His first two games weren't good enough. People use play calling as an excuse, but his job was to do well within those limitations. He didn't. I.
not according to the players and coaches. NO offense but I'd take what they say over what you think happened. They know what calls were called in and know which players did what more than we do ;)

acehole
10-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks....but I dont know about your point...most players will say they are ready before they are.I really believe they drafted him because he was thier highest rated player and K Holcomb and Craig Nail were not going to cut it in case JP got hurt. The other reason is if JP would be unreasonable in contract demands they would have a fall back. It would seem they were wiser then we gave them credit for....... for making the pick.

So JP was lying in his radio interview yesterday when he said he's ready to go? :rolleyes:

Please people. The Bills were never sold on JP. He was not thier guy. Thats why they drafted Trent. JP had to play his ass off to keep his job and didn't . Stop being delusional.

kinigirly
10-16-2007, 06:07 PM
sticking with one qb would be the logical thing to do, therefore i fully expect tricky dick to put jp in at some point

churchinski
10-16-2007, 06:07 PM

Please people. The Bills were never sold on JP. He was not thier guy. Thats why they drafted Trent. JP had to play his ass off to keep his job and didn't . Stop being delusional. they want to believe that he isn't starting because he is still hurt

what he said makes no difference

it's what they want to believe that is important

acehole
10-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Like Novacane said, he had to play his ass off. His first two games weren't good enough. People use play calling as an excuse, but his job was to do well within those limitations. He didn't. If a QB can do well only in certain systems, then he's not a franchise QB.
And with the threat of exactly this looming over his shoulder, he folded.

So by this standard D Brees should have also been benched allong with half of the QB's who's offense blowed with more talent allong the same time frame?...I dont know about that idea.

kinigirly
10-16-2007, 06:11 PM
the qb controversy and qb shuffle seem to be the new fads in the nfl. in the next year or two the definition of a starter is going to have to be redefined

Philagape
10-16-2007, 06:13 PM
not according to the players and coaches. NO offense but I'd take what they say over what you think happened. They know what calls were called in and know which players did what more than we do ;)

So his job wasn't to do well?

acehole
10-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Like Ive said all along I dont care who the QB is as long as we are playcalling to their strengths and NOT HOLDING BACK! They need to let whomever it is PLAY

This is the biggest reason why I am cutting JP slack. Those games were horrid as far as plays called....even when T Edwards was playing....nobody calls a pass that close to the enzone when you could be up by 2 scores by punching it in ....horrid. Especially with M Lynch running like he was.....

Hate fairchild.

Philagape
10-16-2007, 06:14 PM
So by this standard D Brees should have also been benched allong with half of the QB's who's offense blowed with more talent allong the same time frame?...I dont know about that idea.

When the Chargers drafted Rivers, that lit a fire under Brees and he responded. And they ended up letting him go.

YardRat
10-16-2007, 06:15 PM
I'll give the coaches the benefit of the doubt regarding the comments about them being biased against Losman. The 'open' competition for the starting job last year was heavily slanted in JP's favor, and if they, at least at that time, didn't believe JP had potential it would have been rigged differently and Kelly Holcomb would've started the season on the field instead of on the bench.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 06:19 PM
So his job wasn't to do well?
It's the job of the coaches to put the qb's in a situation to do well. It's usually common sense Phil. Now if the coaches calls in bad plays , naturally the player will look bad. Kinda like the last few plays against the Cowboys when Fewell put the D in a bad situation when he called in the wrong scheme that he later admitted and apologized for.

So it's the same thing with the OC. He calls in a bad play , then the O looks bad. Simple enough?

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 06:20 PM
When the Chargers drafted Rivers, that lit a fire under Brees and he responded. And they ended up letting him go.
Huge difference. Brees has been with the same OL and JP has a new Ol with a crappy OC(as you have admitted) calling in the plays. Apples and oranges Phil.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 06:21 PM
then you really have no opinion

you just defer to what the coaches and players say 100% of the time

let me ask you this ...if a player plays like crap and says afterwards....i really didn't have a bad game

do you then react by saying to yourself...he must be right because I don't know anything and he does so I must have been seeing things

Philagape
10-16-2007, 06:23 PM
It's the job of the coaches to put the qb's in a situation to do well. It's usually common sense Phil. Now if the coaches calls in bad plays , naturally the player will look bad. Kinda like the last few plays against the Cowboys when Fewell put the D in a bad situation when he called in the wrong scheme that he later admitted and apologized for.

So it's the same thing with the OC. He calls in a bad play , then the O looks bad. Simple enough?

But they have more info so they're more credible. :snicker:

JP requires too much to do well (just like Bledsoe). He's too high-maintenance. All the stars have to be aligned right.

acehole
10-16-2007, 06:26 PM

On a related not this quote from lenny P has me pissed "Edwards is 1-1 in his two starts and nearly authored an upset of the then-undefeated Dallas Cowboys (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=dal) in the Monday night game on Oct. 6. For the season, he has completed 55 of 79 passes for 507 yards, with one touchdown pass, three interceptions and a passer efficiency rating of 75.2."

Nearly authored AN UPSET? He play ok dont get me wrong but come on the deffense scored more pionts then he did....to be honest they almost won (the Bills) inspite of his play....and it can be argued that his INT ....single handedly authored the loss for the Bills. Is it me? I mean I want him to be a good player for the Bills but has everyone gone mad?...the comparisons to Tom Brady after 2 starts have to end until he proves a bit more dont you think?

acehole
10-16-2007, 06:31 PM
But they have more info so they're more credible. :snicker:

JP requires too much to do well (just like Bledsoe). He's too high-maintenance. All the stars have to be aligned right.

That is so unfair....dont you see ow many injuries we have had? Do you see the bone headed play calling? Dont you think this team was shaken by Ken Sheesh look at N O...with Reggie Freaking Bush and they could not get that thing clicking on all cyliders....

churchinski
10-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Huge difference. Brees has been with the same OL and JP has a new Ol with a crappy OC(as you have admitted) calling in the plays. Apples and oranges Phil.

how is the OC crappy ?

the GM and head coach hired the OC

I think they know more than you do

care to disagree ?

Philagape
10-16-2007, 06:44 PM
That is so unfair....dont you see ow many injuries we have had? Do you see the bone headed play calling? Dont you think this team was shaken by Ken Sheesh look at N O...with Reggie Freaking Bush and they could not get that thing clicking on all cyliders....

The significant injuries have been on defense.

The excuses will just never go away. I can think of more, but I'm tired of it. If a QB needs so much to go right, then he's not entitled to anything.

Novacane
10-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Good QB's never have to have excuse after excuse made for them. Are you guys trying to say they are always in the perfect conditions to succeed?

TacklingDummy
10-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Is there room for the "Lickers" on the "Trent Tard" bandwagon? Im not quite sure.

churchinski
10-16-2007, 07:56 PM

i think he knows better than you what good calls are

care to argue ?

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 08:02 PM
i think he knows better than you what good calls are

care to argue ?

uh oh.........is justa going to get owned again?