PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Bills made the Wall Street Journal

Buffatexas
10-16-2007, 04:50 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119248794494859896.html?mod=sports_primary_hs

What ticks me off about this article is no mention of the Philly Fans at all as far as being an unfriendly fanbase.

I agree, however, when kids are present, then the language should be toned down by our fans.

The part that gets me is the vibe that this is sending off that if you are a fan of the opposing team, then you shouldnt be subject to the razzing you get when you wear our opponents colors. That is BS, sorry, but you come into our house wearing enemy colors, you can expect the worst. Personally, I would boo you and tell you to go away, but I would be careful if you had kids with you.

justasportsfan
10-16-2007, 04:53 PM
bills fans can be the absolute best and worst fans at the same time.

raphael120
10-16-2007, 04:57 PM
If you can't handle the atmosphere then stay at home. If you want to bring your kids, don't go cheap and get the nosebleed seats that the white trash get who have absolutely nothing to lose.

Ive been to plenty of Bills games and I havent really had that many problems. and the better your seats are, the more calm it is. they single out buffalo but im sorry, im sure that crap goes on everywhere.

Buffatexas
10-16-2007, 04:59 PM
this is like a kick in the C.O. Jones....no mention of the fans in philly at all and they are the ones that are KNOWN for being complete jagoffs

DynaPaul
10-16-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm sure every stadium has it's share. I don't know why they focused on the Bills for that article.

Mr. Cynical
10-16-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm sure every stadium has it's share. I don't know why they focused on the Bills for that article.

Because its easy to pick on a team who's down...and Buffalo is always at the butt end of a joke. Only when we win the big one will they get any respect (other than from Chris Berman)

trapezeus
10-16-2007, 05:44 PM
saw the article this morning. i thought the same thing. why single out buffalo. every stadium is like this. and winning is the ultimate cure. if they wanted to fix it, they'd put out an entertaining team week in week out.

GoBenGo
10-16-2007, 06:15 PM
this is like a kick in the C.O. Jones....no mention of the fans in philly at all and they are the ones that are KNOWN for being complete jagoffs
I guess not the only ones any more,huh.
But Hey, since we put so many fans in whatever stadium we play in , one can't help feel partially responsible:bad:

DMBcrew36
10-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Preseason is for children. People should know better than to bring their kids to regular games. I for one try to behave, especially around children, but I'll admit, I'm pretty hammered at games.

jamze132
10-16-2007, 07:00 PM

What ticks me off about this article is no mention of the Philly Fans at all as far as being an unfriendly fanbase.

I agree, however, when kids are present, then the language should be toned down by our fans.

The part that gets me is the vibe that this is sending off that if you are a fan of the opposing team, then you shouldnt be subject to the razzing you get when you wear our opponents colors. That is BS, sorry, but you come into our house wearing enemy colors, you can expect the worst. Personally, I would boo you and tell you to go away, but I would be careful if you had kids with you.
I agree. I went to the Bills/Seahawks game a couple years ago and was all decked out in Bills stuff and one drunk guy said something to me. I was standing up cheering after Evans caught his TD pass and the guy said "sit down Spikes!". That was all. I was very disapointed in Seahawks fans. I even had my wife all decked out in Seahawks gear so if there were any problems, she could get me out of it. LOL

gil
10-16-2007, 07:47 PM
please, the Wall Street Journal covering a sporting event is like Sports Illustrated covering fluctuations in the bond market.

G. Host
10-16-2007, 08:15 PM

Did you read the entire article?

The NFL's stadium-building boom over the past decade has helped, too. Personal seat licenses and premium seating tend to price out some of the thugs. Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium was long considered the worst in the league for fan behavior. Cops used to walk through the stands in visiting team jerseys to bait thugs who preyed on visiting fans. Things were so bad that there was a courtroom right in the stadium to arraign the worst offenders. Things have gotten better since the Eagles moved in 2003 to Lincoln Financial Field, which has new luxury suites and nearly 11,000 Club seats that cost $800 or more a game.

This was the purpose of the article:

"The more expensive the experience, the less inclined fans are to ruin it," said Houston's Mr. Rootes.

Those will money good :posrep: , those with not as much money bad :negrep:

BAM
10-16-2007, 08:21 PM
It was, without a doubt, the drunkest crowd I've ever seen at any sporting event. Many fans stumbling to their seats just before kickoff were absolutely plastered.

Fantastic. :bf1: :beers:

G. Host
10-16-2007, 08:32 PM
It was, without a doubt, the drunkest crowd I've ever seen at any sporting event. Many fans stumbling to their seats just before kickoff were absolutely plastered.

Yeah. There were a lot of Cowpoke fans in crowd.

hammerbillsfan
10-16-2007, 08:38 PM

ha! :snicker:

Wys Guy
10-16-2007, 09:32 PM

I'll tell you this, that my 6-year old son had expressed an interest in going to a game this year. I've only taken him to a preseason game for a half before. But the last time I went I got great tix between the 20s in the lower bowl, and I heard all these people yelling obscene sexually oriented filth. Some DB yellling at Fins players incessantly throughout the game about "sucking c*&k." Yeah, really mature. I told my son no and was pretty upset about it. While I have absolutely no interest in attending any games this year, I would have loved to have taken him to a game. Unfortunately w/o corrupting him into the ranks of collegiate debauchery and worse I can't do that.

The quality of play is also a factor in crowd behavior. "If fans are focused on the game, there tends to be less time for troublemaking," said Mr. Clark.

That's also part of the problem, it's never a game. It's just a practice for our opponents and I'm sure that they all but treat it as one.

Walking through the parking lot before the game, I witnessed a scene all too common at NFL tailgates: home fans taunting the visitors with four-letter expletives. What made the scene here particularly appalling was the target -- a family of Cowboys fans with two small children.

Many say we have the best fans in the league, and w/o thinking we all agree. But would "the best fans in the league behave like this?"

Years ago at a Rams preseason game, a bunch of Bills fans in their 20s were throwing trash at a dad, mom, and two smaller kids. Nice, really F-in nice!

While they may be great fans as the team goes, many are just a bunch of emotional ******s without a life.

And some people wonder why I hate humanity. ;)

Wys Guy
10-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Preseason is for children. People should know better than to bring their kids to regular games. I for one try to behave, especially around children, but I'll admit, I'm pretty hammered at games.

Can you be hammered w/o being an A$$hole?

I sure can. In fact I get relaxed after drinking, not violent with a bent for threatening women and children.

I would strongly suggest that anyone that drinks that behaves like some of the people we've all seen at home games really, really needs some head work.

While it's not purely particular to Buffalo, I for one don't remembering it being nearly as bad in the '80s and early ''90s. Could be me.

Still, excusing this does little to help the problem.

SABuffalo786
10-16-2007, 09:37 PM
What an elitist ****. Go to a horse race Mr. Yost. And while you're at it, go **** yourself. :)

Michael82
10-17-2007, 12:45 AM
What a load of ****! If I want to say expletives at a ****ing Bills game, it is my right! Mr. Yost can go **** himself! :mad: :curse:

Michael82
10-17-2007, 12:47 AM
For the record, football games are not family friendly, and really not supposed to be. The experience itself, if u think you are going to stop your kids from seeing drunk people being obnoxious or hearing bad words, then don't take your kids to a football game. take them to a baseball game.

Hell, the ****ing football players themselves say worse things on the field and sidelines than the fans say.

BillsFever21
10-17-2007, 02:19 AM
If you can't handle the atmosphere then stay at home. If you want to bring your kids, don't go cheap and get the nosebleed seats that the white trash get who have absolutely nothing to lose.

Ive been to plenty of Bills games and I havent really had that many problems. and the better your seats are, the more calm it is. they single out buffalo but im sorry, im sure that crap goes on everywhere.

Well I was in the upper deck at Pittsburgh for one of our debacles and nobody said a word to me. You wouldn't have even known I had a Lynch jersey on.

colin
10-17-2007, 06:52 AM
a family day or something might be a good idea, but the complaints of rowdy fans are a bit misplaced.

9pm on a monday night, you have THOUSANDS of people drinking and partying all night and all day and you are gonna complain about bad language?

i mean would the author take his kids to a rock concert and be angry at what happens there? put your kid on a school bus and see the kind of language that happens, kids are exposed to bad language and bad behavior from other kids all the damn time.

the violence is obviously bad, but cops are there to do their thing.

considering the number of people out there, i think the bills do a pretty good job.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-17-2007, 07:03 AM
I have just gotten season tickets in the 200s this year and I have to say that it has gotten a little rough at games. Before the games I have seen everything from swearing, fights, and people actually throwing bottles at other teams fans. I don't know what to say at times, but my kid wanted to go to a game and I told her there is absolutely no chance you are going to a game until you are 30. I give her a football fix by taking her to a UB game.

BAM
10-17-2007, 07:12 AM
That's why they have the family section. I don't know what people expect when they go to football games. 70,000+ drunk fans watching grown men beat the tar out of each other. And then they're surprised if the crowd gets unruly.

zone
10-17-2007, 07:30 AM
People dressed in the opposing uniforms come into our house and start the taunting at the first completion, run for a gain, or tackle their team makes. I am sorry but I will not sit down, shut up, and listen to that in our house. It’s our house, so it’s our rules. I don’t go into other stadiums and taunt fans with every positive play, I still cheer for the bills but in a respectful manner because I am not interested in getting my @ss kicked. If they think our stadium is bad go visit Oakland with other team’s colors on, I had my life threatened and the dude was not kidding.

If you want a nice place to take your kids on Sunday bring them to church. A NFL stadium is no place for children; it’s just the same as a live R rated movie. Our opening game someone was nearly killed on the field.

don137
10-17-2007, 08:32 AM
Maybe because I am a parent but I agree with Wys. There is nothing wrong with yelling and screaming at a football game but to scream obscentities is not necessary. Philly fans are worse than Bills fans because they have no problem spitting at or throwing drinks at any fan of the opposition including females and children. Just because you buy a ticket does not give you the right to be an idiot. It is really too bad that I would never think of bringing my kids to a Bills game but have no problem bringing them to a Panthers game. I know Bills fans are more passionate but you don't have to swear or get in fights to be passionate.

NC-BILLS44
10-17-2007, 08:51 AM
I was at the Dallas game with my two sons, ages 10 & 13. They certainly learned a few new words, as I expected they would. I explained to them how some people are idiots and can't handle their alcohol, prompting my 10 year old to ask, 'When do they stop selling beer?'

Michael82
10-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Great post! :bf1:

jpdex12
10-17-2007, 09:45 AM
I'll tell ya, there's an arguement for certain cases of defending your team's stadium and home field but it's not like we are at war with the other team or their fans. It's not like life won't go on if you don't tell some mother and her kid to go suck **** because they are wearing other team's clothing. You can get on someone's ass without being like this. What if it were your family? If you don't like what was said in the Wall Street article, then don't give them things like that to write about. I was there Monday and I saw plenty of similar things.

I understand that this is a violent sport and highly competitive which brings out the testosterone in everyone, but let's leave it up to the players to fight it out and we can root them on.

I can hoot and holler and yell with the best of them when I am sitting in my season ticket seats but it does piss me off when you have some douchebag a**hole college students spitting all over and smashing into the back of you and starting fights with people during the game and it causes you to miss parts of the game because you are too distracted by the debauchery. I can get along with just about anyone but some of these idiots that get so drunk before and during a game that they wouldn't know what a football was then ruin it for others and give our fans a bad name should get their asses kicked till near death.

I would love to bring my two boys to a game during the season and not have to worry about them being introduced to a**holes like this before they are old enough to understand what right from wrong is but unless I can get family section seats it isn't going to happen.

We can be passionate and defend our team but there comes a point in time when some of the idiots need to grow up. Just picture yourself in another team's stadium with a Bill's jersey on and you just sit and watch a game and quietly root for your team while another home team fan yells f*** you for about 20 minutes and dumps beer on you while trying to start a fight just for being there and then the both of you get kicked out. I saw it and I would be pissed if I were that fan. No doubt I would get kicked out if I were that quiet fan because they would have needed a cutting torch to get me off of that little ****er!

It doesn't matter where you sit in the stadium...down low or up high. It also doesn't matter if it's the late 80's, early 90's or 2000's there are idiots everywhere. I saw a group of about 15 adult men having a fight with full beer bottles (like a snowball war) in the early 90's after a playoff WIN, not a loss. Bottles hitting cars and people screaming.

They paid for their ticket too just like you did. Are we fans or are we gangs?
If you are in your 20's and go to the games to get hammered before a game, think about how you can passionately root for your team and have fun and how not to give us a bad name. After all we are all americans and we are Bill's fans.

Even if you don't act like any of the ***holes at the games, maybe you should think about it first before you defend them!

Michael82
10-17-2007, 09:49 AM
That's why they have the family section. I don't know what people expect when they go to football games. 70,000+ drunk fans watching grown men beat the tar out of each other. And then they're surprised if the crowd gets unruly.

Good post, BAM! The point is that they are watching players beat the hell out of eachother and swear on the field and the sidelines. They shouldn't expect it to be like church or a ballet concert. :shakeno:

People dressed in the opposing uniforms come into our house and start the taunting at the first completion, run for a gain, or tackle their team makes. I am sorry but I will not sit down, shut up, and listen to that in our house. It’s our house, so it’s our rules. I don’t go into other stadiums and taunt fans with every positive play, I still cheer for the bills but in a respectful manner because I am not interested in getting my @ss kicked. If they think our stadium is bad go visit Oakland with other team’s colors on, I had my life threatened and the dude was not kidding.

If you want a nice place to take your kids on Sunday bring them to church. A NFL stadium is no place for children; it’s just the same as a live R rated movie. Our opening game someone was nearly killed on the field.

Excellent post! :bf1:

Bill Brasky
10-17-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that our team, owner, and city is constantly ridiculed and made fun of... on top of the fact that we've sucked for almost a decade. Combine booze with a bunch of rowdy pissed off people and what do you expect?

It wouldn't be bad if the team was actually competitive and won something once in a while... then maybe people would go to enjoy the game instead of going to get ****faced.

NC-BILLS44
10-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Excuses, excuses, etc.

We've never won. We haven't been to the playoffs in xx years. We get no respect. We're always the butt of peoples jokes. Our team is bad and the coaches suck. Blah Blah Blah.

I guess I'll buy my ticket, get **it faced, act like an *ss as I watch this terrible team.

Cry me a river!!

jpdex12
10-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Good post, BAM! The point is that they are watching players beat the hell out of eachother and swear on the field and the sidelines. They shouldn't expect it to be like church or a ballet concert. :shakeno:

Excellent post! :bf1:

Why defend fans that act like idiots because they are drunk and can't control themselves? Don't you think if that were ok to act like that they wouldn't get kicked out of the stadium for their behavior?
Sure you can go to church if you believe in religion and not have to worry about some jerkoff telling you to F off, but shouldn't you be able to go to a game and root for your team without being physically or verbally degraded just because of the team's apparel you are wearing? Are you guys racists too?
I can see if an opposing team's fan is being a dink and atagonizing other fans but when our fans are the instigator's in such a classless manner then they should get the boot.
One more question, if these fans of ours that get so drunk that they can't even tell you what happened to the game and they act in a manner that gets them kicked out of the stadium then how much of a fan are they in the first place for not wanting to be able to stay in the stadium to watch the entire game? IDIOTS! Don't justify the bahavior.

Bill Brasky
10-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Excuses, excuses, etc.

We've never won. We haven't been to the playoffs in xx years. We get no respect. We're always the butt of peoples jokes. Our team is bad and the coaches suck. Blah Blah Blah.

I guess I'll buy my ticket, get **it faced, act like an *ss as I watch this terrible team.

Cry me a river!!
So you're telling me I'm completely wrong in my assessment?

I've been going to games for 17 years man. I see this **** first hand.

Ask any number of people in the lots who are tailgating why they're there (I've done this since I'm producing a tailgate dvd)... a good majority will tell you "well, the team sucks so I'm here to party" or "well, the team isn't going to be competitive so I might as well have 'fun'".

It's football. People get drunk... Add a ****ty team on top that, what do you expect? Pissed off drunk folk don't produce rainbows they produce problems. The way we've lost 2 of our home games this year doesn't really instill "happiness" in people.

I also have little sympathy because the NFL markets the crap out of alcohol products. They sell that stuff for upwards of 7, 8, 9 bucks. They have a huge BULLY HILL add near the scoreboard, and Labatt is the "official" beer of the Bills. Watch a game on tv and you're sure to see booze ads (even though this is technically illegal). The NFL markets booze just as much as they do their jerseys, teams, and players.

I have no sympathy for a business that cries foul when they're the ones adding the fuel to the fire in the first place.

Michael82
10-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Why defend fans that act like idiots because they are drunk and can't control themselves? Don't you think if that were ok to act like that they wouldn't get kicked out of the stadium for their behavior?
Sure you can go to church if you believe in religion and not have to worry about some jerkoff telling you to F off, but shouldn't you be able to go to a game and root for your team without being physically or verbally degraded just because of the team's apparel you are wearing? Are you guys racists too?
I can see if an opposing team's fan is being a dink and atagonizing other fans but when our fans are the instigator's in such a classless manner then they should get the boot.
One more question, if these fans of ours that get so drunk that they can't even tell you what happened to the game and they act in a manner that gets them kicked out of the stadium then how much of a fan are they in the first place for not wanting to be able to stay in the stadium to watch the entire game? IDIOTS! Don't justify the bahavior.
for the record, I have been to 3 away games so far. Each game I wore Buffalo Bills gear. A Bills jersey, and hat. I have also cheered when the Bills make a good play. Each time, I got screamed at several times by the opponents fans or called names. I was at their house, so I just let it slide. It's understood that if you go to another person's house and root against their team, you are part of the enemy. You are asking for trouble if you openly do it. Now, this was at Miami, Baltimore and San Diego. i'm going to the Bills/Browns game in Cleveland and we are sitting in the Dawg Pound. I have already been told my several people, Browns fans, and other fans, that I should NOT wear any Bills gear for my own protection, and if I do, I should keep my mouth shut. I understand and if I do decide to wear any Bills gear, it might be my Spikes Pro Bowl jersey, because it is not that obvious.

jpdex12
10-17-2007, 10:43 AM

Ask any number of people in the lots who are tailgating why they're there (I've done this since I'm producing a tailgate dvd)... a good majority will tell you "well, the team sucks so I'm here to party" or "well, the team isn't going to be competitive so I might as well have 'fun'".

It's football. People get drunk... Add a ****ty team on top that, what do you expect? Pissed off drunk folk don't produce rainbows they produce problems. The way we've lost 2 of our home games this year doesn't really instill "happiness" in people.

I also have little sympathy because the NFL markets the crap out of alcohol products. They sell that stuff for upwards of 7, 8, 9 bucks. They have a huge BULLY HILL add near the scoreboard, and Labatt is the "official" beer of the Bills. Watch a game on tv and you're sure to see booze ads (even though this is technically illegal). The NFL markets booze just as much as they do their jerseys, teams, and players.

I have no sympathy for a business that cries foul when they're the ones adding the fuel to the fire in the first place.

It's sad that people have to have fun by acting like complete douchebags. What happened to people being responsible? If the Bill's didn't have sponsors like Labatts/Bud Light then our ticket prices would be higher. So just because you can drink beer in the stadium for two quarters means we'll look the other way?

The NFL may market booze and sell it for 2 quarters during the games but how does that explain the drunkeness leading up to the games? It's not just Buffalo either, people in our society act like this all over. Cleveland, Arizona, Detroit, Miami and Houston don't have any more successful teams than us and I'm sure this behavior exists all over. It's today's society. This game isn't anymore violent than it was 30 years ago but our society is and it's less responsible. Drinking ages were 18 in year's past, not hardley as many DWI's, etc. and the atmosphere at stadiums wasn't nearly what it is today.

People/fans just need to come to the games to root for their teams and suck up the atmosphere and not to be disruptive and ignorant.

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2007, 10:45 AM
I have no problems here.

<--- 20 year old, respectful stud at your hands.

:D

justasportsfan
10-17-2007, 10:48 AM
I'll tell you this, that my 6-year old son had expressed an interest in going to a game this year. I've only taken him to a preseason game for a half before. But the last time I went I got great tix between the 20s in the lower bowl, and I heard all these people yelling obscene sexually oriented filth. Some DB yellling at Fins players incessantly throughout the game about "sucking c*&k." Yeah, really mature. I told my son no and was pretty upset about it. While I have absolutely no interest in attending any games this year, I would have loved to have taken him to a game. Unfortunately w/o corrupting him into the ranks of collegiate debauchery and worse I can't do that.

The quality of play is also a factor in crowd behavior. "If fans are focused on the game, there tends to be less time for troublemaking," said Mr. Clark.

That's also part of the problem, it's never a game. It's just a practice for our opponents and I'm sure that they all but treat it as one.

Walking through the parking lot before the game, I witnessed a scene all too common at NFL tailgates: home fans taunting the visitors with four-letter expletives. What made the scene here particularly appalling was the target -- a family of Cowboys fans with two small children.

Many say we have the best fans in the league, and w/o thinking we all agree. But would "the best fans in the league behave like this?"

Years ago at a Rams preseason game, a bunch of Bills fans in their 20s were throwing trash at a dad, mom, and two smaller kids. Nice, really F-in nice!

While they may be great fans as the team goes, many are just a bunch of emotional ******s without a life.

And some people wonder why I hate humanity. ;)
take Luke to a bears game where people are more laid back. Bills fans are very passionate about their team. Passion+alcohol can sometimes = idiots plus more idiots if the bills lose.

Bill Brasky
10-17-2007, 10:55 AM
It's today's society. This game isn't anymore violent than it was 30 years ago but our society is and it's less responsible. Drinking ages were 18 in year's past, not hardley as many DWI's, etc. and the atmosphere at stadiums wasn't nearly what it is today.
1. I think the game is MUCH more violent than it was back then.
2. There were not as many DWI's back in the day partly because police were a lot more lenient and we didn't have a lawsuit culture.

I see your point, but I think the NFL shouldn't be so shocked. I mean, we're talking about a league that used to have a mock game involving Budweiser bottles during the Super Bowl. A league that skirts the law by advertising alcoholic products during the middle of the day when kids/families are glued to the tubes.

Go to the store and look at the beer section. If you're near an NFL town you can most likely get cooler cases or special "limited edition" team beer.

This kind of marketing just tricks people into tying in booze and football as one. The marketing campaigns of today are far more aggressive than they were in decades past.

I did a research analysis on alcohol advertising regulation and effects. If I can dig it up I'll let those who are interested read it. You'd be amazed at what really goes on and how much the booze industry gets away with.

On a side note... I emailed this article to several people and already received two responses:

Thats no lie. Anyone who was there can back me up on this. I got to the lots about 7:30 (stupid work) and on my way in to the stadium, at least 3 people were puking right near me. The crowds in the fieldhouse lots were insane. I was surprised to see that nothing was on fire. It felt to me like people knew they were going to lose and just wanted to party because, well, what else is there to do? That made the crowd that much more insane for the way the game went...

-----------------------

what a pussy, i'd like to fight the guy that wrote that article.

that pic of the dude in jersey was exactly what i would expect jersey people to be like. he may even be among the upper echelon of humanity as it relates to jersey.

speaking of trash, willis'll be here in 4 days. maybe we won't be drunk when we go in.

jpdex12
10-17-2007, 11:03 AM
for the record, I have been to 3 away games so far. Each game I wore Buffalo Bills gear. A Bills jersey, and hat. I have also cheered when the Bills make a good play. Each time, I got screamed at several times by the opponents fans or called names. I was at their house, so I just let it slide. It's understood that if you go to another person's house and root against their team, you are part of the enemy. You are asking for trouble if you openly do it. Now, this was at Miami, Baltimore and San Diego. i'm going to the Bills/Browns game in Cleveland and we are sitting in the Dawg Pound. I have already been told my several people, Browns fans, and other fans, that I should NOT wear any Bills gear for my own protection, and if I do, I should keep my mouth shut. I understand and if I do decide to wear any Bills gear, it might be my Spikes Pro Bowl jersey, because it is not that obvious.

So what's your point Mikey? That it's alright to violate someone else by cussing at a mother and her kid for wearing a Romo jersey at our stadium or to throw beer on a fan if they are cheering for their team?

I understand the whole bit about defending your territory but we are not dogs. We are not gangs? You can give someone else a ration of s*** without going over board. This type of **** gives team's fans a bad rap, it gives teams a bad rap, it gives the NFL a bad rap. What does Roger Goodell do with troublemakers in the NFL? He gets rid of them (Chris Henry, Pac Man, Tank Williams). Yes we are fans not players, but if you are going to draw a comparison between the violence of the game and the behavior of fans then why not have the same perspective of the rules that the players have to play by and the behavior of the fans. Is it fair that I pay just as much money as you do for a season ticket and you can bring a friend to a game and act like an idiot but I cannot bring my kid to a public event because of the way that the people that you stick up for behave? It's all about repsect my friend.

Too anyone that acts like this or defends/makes excuses for their bahavior, I say grow up and stop being ignorant! Unless you have a pshycological defect then there is no excuse to drink yourself crazy and then ruin someone else's time. Are you that thirsty that you have to drink a twelve pack before you go into the game? No you do it for a reason and that is to get drunk. So if you do this then you must not care about your behavior when drunk therefore it is a preemptive occurrence.

Too bad that there aren't more people that can drink as much as they want and still act like civilized people. Our society really sucks sometimes.

jpdex12
10-17-2007, 11:04 AM
I have no problems here.

<--- 20 year old, respectful stud at your hands.

:D

Good man!

deepslant
10-17-2007, 11:04 AM
The article makes a biased, ridiculous argument. The Ralph is no worse than anywhere else, except wine and cheese stadiums, for think about Philly and the Raiders. Friend went to Philly games as a kid and was scared ****less to use the head.

What is the motivation of this supposed journalist? Is he a Jets fan and is still pissed over the loss? Is he a Giants fan and wants to disperse negative fan articles up to the Ralph. Jealous that the Bills will get the next MFN before the Jets after the exciting game? Basically, stating a single family was appalled by the langauge and behavior of fans, while they wore the other teams jerseys, is utterly garbage.

Ralph should require a retraction by WSJ.

Bill Brasky
10-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I just didn't like how he lumped all of us in the group of bad apples.

Yeah, there are def a good amount of jackasses that get completely hammered and go ape****.

But there are also a good number of us who enjoy tailgating for the atmosphere, the food, the beer, and the good times with friends.

I'll be the first to admit that I go, I tailgate, and I get completely hammered. But I don't go into the stadium and buy beer, and I don't go in screaming F bombs or tossing stuff at kids. If I'm provoked by some assclown who's messing with me or my friends I will step in... otherwise, I just like to sit and enjoy the game. Does that make me a bad fan for getting drunk and watching football? I don't think so. But I also realize there's a good amount of folks who can't handle their booze but still go overboard regardless. I'm not going to look down on them for that, that's their decision to act like that and they can deal with the consequences, but not all of us who drink are fun-ruining bastards.

I really don't know why people are up in arms over this. It's been like this, in every stadium, for years. I think it really just points to how PC our culture is becoming that all the sudden it's a big issue. A few people who've encountered problems want to ruin everybody else's good time.

I'm not a parent, but if I was I wouldn't be stupid enough to bring them to a game, esp a night game when everybody knows full well it will be armegeddon on tap.

jpdex12
10-17-2007, 11:17 AM
1. I think the game is MUCH more violent than it was back then.
2. There were not as many DWI's back in the day partly because police were a lot more lenient and we didn't have a lawsuit culture.

I see your point, but I think the NFL shouldn't be so shocked. I mean, we're talking about a league that used to have a mock game involving Budweiser bottles during the Super Bowl. A league that skirts the law by advertising alcoholic products during the middle of the day when kids/families are glued to the tubes.

Go to the store and look at the beer section. If you're near an NFL town you can most likely get cooler cases or special "limited edition" team beer.

This kind of marketing just tricks people into tying in booze and football as one. The marketing campaigns of today are far more aggressive than they were in decades past.

I did a research analysis on alcohol advertising regulation and effects. If I can dig it up I'll let those who are interested read it. You'd be amazed at what really goes on and how much the booze industry gets away with.

On a side note... I emailed this article to several people and already received two responses:

Thats no lie. Anyone who was there can back me up on this. I got to the lots about 7:30 (stupid work) and on my way in to the stadium, at least 3 people were puking right near me. The crowds in the fieldhouse lots were insane. I was surprised to see that nothing was on fire. It felt to me like people knew they were going to lose and just wanted to party because, well, what else is there to do? That made the crowd that much more insane for the way the game went...

-----------------------

what a pussy, i'd like to fight the guy that wrote that article.

that pic of the dude in jersey was exactly what i would expect jersey people to be like. he may even be among the upper echelon of humanity as it relates to jersey.

speaking of trash, willis'll be here in 4 days. maybe we won't be drunk when we go in.

It is true that sometimes we are products of our environment. Yes the NFL markets the **** out of alcohol. It is a big market. It's sponsors like this that are cash cows to the NFL. If Smith and Wesson were a sponsor of the NFL would people be packing heat at tailgate parties. Would there be more shootings between fans? Are we adults or are we delinquents?

Even though an idiot can be any age, there are more in the 30 and under range. Maybe there should be an age limit to games 30 and over allowed in regular seating sections but all 29 and younger have to sit in a family section. Why not throw a party at home and act any way you want instead of ruining someone else's experience?

I have never had a problem in all of the 17 years that I have been attending games as I don't let it bother me much but I have witnessed plenty of people that have been on the wrong end of the experience and I would be pissed off if one of the ***head's, like the one that responded to the article in your post, ruined my time and cheated me out of watching a game and however much $$ I spent on seats.

deepslant
10-17-2007, 11:18 AM
I go, I tailgate, and I get completely hammered. But I don't go into the stadium and buy beer, and I don't go in screaming F bombs or tossing stuff at kids.
C'mon, that kid two rows down got drenched after Edwards threw that interception. Admit it.:beer:

jpdex12
10-17-2007, 11:23 AM

Yeah, there are def a good amount of jackasses that get completely hammered and go ape****.

But there are also a good number of us who enjoy tailgating for the atmosphere, the food, the beer, and the good times with friends.

I'll be the first to admit that I go, I tailgate, and I get completely hammered. But I don't go into the stadium and buy beer, and I don't go in screaming F bombs or tossing stuff at kids. If I'm provoked by some assclown who's messing with me or my friends I will step in... otherwise, I just like to sit and enjoy the game. Does that make me a bad fan for getting drunk and watching football? I don't think so. But I also realize there's a good amount of folks who can't handle their booze but still go overboard regardless. I'm not going to look down on them for that, that's their decision to act like that and they can deal with the consequences, but not all of us who drink are fun-ruining bastards.

I really don't know why people are up in arms over this. It's been like this, in every stadium, for years. I think it really just points to how PC our culture is becoming that all the sudden it's a big issue. A few people who've encountered problems want to ruin everybody else's good time.

I'm not a parent, but if I was I wouldn't be stupid enough to bring them to a game, esp a night game when everybody knows full well it will be armegeddon on tap.

This is about the same perspective I try to have but when someone outright defends the behavior of some of the idiots at the games it gets you riled up.
To say that they paid for tickets too so they can act how they want is just a sign of their intelligence.

BlackMetalNinja
10-17-2007, 11:34 AM

I think this is pretty much a fair assessment of the issue here. Every game, in every league, in every city has the dumbasses that can't control themselves and get out of hand. I've seen it many places, many times. I've walked into the RBC Center for a hockey game clad entirely in Sabres gear and I hear it left and right. As long as nobody straight up attacks me or my wife, verbally or physically, I don't care. I know it's coming and I let it slide, or I retort cleverly.

Perhaps the problem in Buffalo is as Freeman suggested. It might be a little more noticeable because we do have such a passionate fanbase and because the team has struggled so much recently.

We've got people that love to tailgate, our team is known for the tailgating scene, and I've heard several people from other cities or fans of other teams even comment on how great the tailgate atmosphere is in Buffalo. But add those things up, and you're going to increase the potential for the dumbasses to be more prevelant and overbearing.

To single Buffalo out and make it seem like we're the Satan's Spawn of fans is just a case of us being the easy target again. It happens everywhere, but this town has less going on and is more into their team and therefore it shows up a little more, so let's exploit it and write an article about that instead of writing an article about how great the fans are here and how dedicated they are despite the shortcomings of the team, and how fun tailgating at the Ralph is.

I think most people should be smart enough to know what they're getting themselves into in terms of taking kids to a game... Especially a Monday Night game. If you're going to bring them, you have to expect they're going to hear and see certain things, and if you don't want them exposed to that, leave them home... it really is that simple.

Bill Brasky
10-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Even though an idiot can be any age, there are more in the 30 and under range. Maybe there should be an age limit to games 30 and over allowed in regular seating sections but all 29 and younger have to sit in a family section. Why not throw a party at home and act any way you want instead of ruining someone else's experience?

I would be pissed off if one of the ***head's, like the one that responded to the article in your post, ruined my time and cheated me out of watching a game and however much $$ I spent on seats.

Well, first of all that ****head is one of my season ticket partners, and a lawyer. He's about as harmful as a fly and has never caused one problem, but I think he's pretty riled up over the fact that this article makes ALL OF US look bad when the fact of the matter is it's a few bad apples spoiling the batch. Not to mention the fact -- WSJ? -- where do they carry any football cred? That article didn't even begin to scracth the surface on the assclownery that takes place in Oakland, Philly, NY, Cleveland... those places are 10x worse than Buffalo when it comes to treating people like **** (though from my experience Buffalo would be right behind those 4).

However, I totally agree that most of the problems stem from that 18-30 age group, which I'm in. But think back when you were that age... most guys were a lot different and made 'poorer' choices back then... that's not an excuse, just reality. There's big cultural difference between a 22 year old college guy who's in full-on drink mode 24/7 as opossed to a 30 year old with 2 kids and a mortgage. I think most can relate or remember when they were like that

NC-BILLS44
10-17-2007, 11:38 AM

I agree that that's the way it is, but I think we agree that it shouldn't be that way.

Bill Brasky
10-17-2007, 11:44 AM
agreed!

jpdex12
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Well, first of all that ****head is one of my season ticket partners, and a lawyer. He's about as harmful as a fly and has never caused one problem, but I think he's pretty riled up over the fact that this article makes ALL OF US look bad when the fact of the matter is it's a few bad apples spoiling the batch. Not to mention the fact -- WSJ? -- where do they carry any football cred? That article didn't even begin to scracth the surface on the assclownery that takes place in Oakland, Philly, NY, Cleveland... those places are 10x worse than Buffalo when it comes to treating people like **** (though from my experience Buffalo would be right behind those 4).

However, I totally agree that most of the problems stem from that 18-30 age group, which I'm in. But think back when you were that age... most guys were a lot different and made 'poorer' choices back then... that's not an excuse, just reality. There's big cultural difference between a 22 year old college guy who's in full-on drink mode 24/7 as opossed to a 30 year old with 2 kids and a mortgage. I think most can relate or remember when they were like that

I agree with you but some of us are wound a little better than others. Sure I've woken up with a head that felt like a kick ball more often then I wish but I can say that I have never treated anyone in a manner that I would regret or be embarressed about.

BTW, what kind of a lawyer? Ambulance chaser?

Bill Brasky
10-17-2007, 11:49 AM
I agree with you but some of us are wound a little better than others. Sure I've woken up with a head that felt like a kick ball more often then I wish but I can say that I have never treated anyone in a manner that I would regret or be embarressed about.

therein lies the issue... the folks we're talking about don't really regret or get embarassed by their actions... mainly because they won't remember them.

Michael82
10-17-2007, 12:12 PM
therein lies the issue... the folks we're talking about don't really regret or get embarassed by their actions... mainly because they won't remember them.
EXACTLY!

Michael82
10-17-2007, 12:20 PM
For the record, I am NOT one of these obnoxious drunks that the person is talking about. I also am NOT defending those drunks. I am defending Buffalo fans in general. Like BMN said, this article makes it seem like we are Satan's spawns and are beating up every little kid we see and throwing up on everything, and urinating on other fans. It makes it sound like we are telling mothers with their little kids (who shouldn't really go to MNF games anyways) to go **** themselves and then kicking their ass. I was disgusted by the way the article portrays Buffalo fans, because I am a season ticket holder and have been to many many games and know first hand that what he said is not true and if it did happen, it happens once in a while and it's just one complete drunken fool that won't even remember it the next day.

When I go to a game, I have a rule. I want to be able to watch the game and enjoy it, so I don't buy any beer in the stadium and I ignore the drunks, while I watch the game. I also don't mind getting a little drunk, I work the night before and it relaxes me a bit, plus with how bad the team is, it makes the loss a little easier. I really believe that freeman is right...the losing is a HUGE factor in it. We go to the games to watch our team, but if we know it's going to be a blowout or another depressing loss, why not drink a bit to have a good time beforehand? As long as you don't go too far, it's all good! :up:

don137
10-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Every stadium has jerks some are worse then others. One difference is in Buffalo I would not want to take my kids who are Bills fans to a game at RWS stadium because of all the idiots swearing, getting in fights and acting like obnoxious idiots. There is a difference between being passionate and an a$$hole. I have taken my older son to games in Carolina and its no big deal. He may on a rare occassion hear an obscenity but its not constant like the Ralph. I have seen only two fights in about 15 games at Panthers games and I have never seen anyone passed out. Not sure why people need to get in such a stupor to watch a game.

zone
10-17-2007, 01:50 PM
The point of this all is the WSJ has about as much business reporting on rowdy fans at a football game as SI has writing an article on how they were discussed by all the terrible parents that had their children at a violent sporting event until 1:00am on a school night. It’s irrelevant and wrong.

I would have to say that most of the problems that occur at the Ralf are instigated by the opposing team’s fans, or at least in the sections surrounding me they are. I can also tell you that some of the crap that I have heard come out of some of the women’s mouth can rival any delinquent college kid.

It’s a football game you are not forced to be there, if you don’t like what happens, don’t go. You know its happening and it’s not just in Buffalo. People have their whole life to act responsible, they go to the games to forget all of that and have a good time. I don't partake in what some of the idiots there do, but I do expect it. So should anyone that goes to a NFL game in any blue collar city, or any city that the fans actually care about the team.

The definition of Passion = intense or overpowering emotion such as love, joy, hatred, or anger. The fans of the Buffalo Bills are as passionate as they come, and some times that comes out in overpowering hatred for the other team (amplified by alcohol of course).

G. Host
10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
That's why they have the family section. I don't know what people expect when they go to football games. 70,000+ drunk fans watching grown men beat the tar out of each other. And then they're surprised if the crowd gets unruly. Not everyone feels the need to get drunk to enjoy a game. I think you were SOOOO drunk you were seeing 5x as many people like that episode from Gilligan's Island.

G. Host
10-17-2007, 06:39 PM
I know Bills fans are more passionate but you don't have to swear or get in fights to be passionate. Some can not breathe without swearing...

G. Host
10-17-2007, 06:43 PM
This is about the same perspective I try to have but when someone outright defends the behavior of some of the idiots at the games it gets you riled up.
To say that they paid for tickets too so they can act how they want is just a sign of their intelligence. I think you forgot two words "lack of".

G. Host
10-17-2007, 06:44 PM
BTW, what kind of a lawyer? Ambulance chaser? DUI Lawyer.

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Who the F*** would bring any young children to a NIGHT game on a school night when they won't get home till 12 to 1 AM and expect to have people not swear. That's just bad parenting.

jpdex12
10-17-2007, 09:38 PM
I think you forgot two words "lack of".

I meant that if someone tells you that they can act however they want it's idiotic. Just like their intelligence. I can act like an a**hole and ruin most of the people's time around me because I spent a lot of money on my ticket? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Well what if I own four season tix (which I do)? Does that mean that I spent more on my tickets than your single ticket so I can tell you how to act? JC, give me a break.

They've got the smarts of a ******ed lab rat.

jpdex12
10-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Who the F*** would bring any young children to a NIGHT game on a school night when they won't get home till 12 to 1 AM and expect to have people not swear. That's just bad parenting.

Talk about bad parenting, how about raising your kid to grow up and not abuse alcohol? How about teaching your kid to respect others?

Yeah it's a school night. You never stayed up late on a school night (spankin your weanie)? Seriously, wouldn't you remember that for the rest of your life if your dad brought you to a MNF game when you were young? There are plenty of fans on this site that recall events like this from their childhood that they share with everyone. Now I'm sure that there are kids in the Buffalo area that were deprived of this memory/experience because their parent's wanted to but didn't bring them to this game because they knew that their kid would hear and see **** that they shouldn't from drunken a$$holes just looking for trouble. I saw one Cowboy fan in front of me get kicked out because some drunk 22 year old punk with beer muscles behind us kept yelling F-you and telling him that he was going to kill the mother F-er in front of us with the Dallas shirt on. Then the Dallas fan just looked and shook his head and everyone around them started cheering a$$hole-a$$hole and the Dallas fan raised his hand and pointed to himself. Security came down and the Bill's fans pointed to the Dallas fan to remove him and they did. The guy didn't even do anything. Luckily the dickwad behind us got booted too.

Don't explain to us that we should expect this crap when going to a football game. Don't justify this behavior. Yeah WSJ sucks and singled us out but if some of our fans didn't cause such a scene in our first MNF game in 13 years the story would have been about another team.

I would have loved to reward my son's for being good kids by taking them to a night game like this in an NFL stadium even if they stayed up that late but I can't because of the stupid mother f***ers that have to act like this. Obviously it's more than just a few people that act like this if it is this obvious in a crowd of 73,000 people. Maybe you were some of the "FEW" lucky people that sat in a civil section but if you took a walk around the stadium both in and outside of it you could clearly see the morons everywhere. No wonder we haven't had a MNF in 13 years at home. Too bad because I haven't heard the 12th man that loud since the AFC Championship game we won against Denver in the early 90's.

And you are going to critisize someone for bringing their kid to a game?

NC-BILLS44
10-18-2007, 08:19 AM

Excuse me for wanting to go to an event with my kids. They are Bills fans and have every right to enjoy a game at the stadium. My kids were out of school as they go to a year round school that had a break during that week. We spent a pretty good amount of money for the tickets, airline tickets and hotel. I think we have the right to enjoy the game just as much as the next person.

Just because its a night game, doesn't mean people should act like total jerks. If you can't handle your alcohol, don't have any.

BlackMetalNinja
10-18-2007, 09:17 AM
If you can't handle your alcohol, don't have any.

A fine theory and all, but do you actually expect that to happen?

Cleve
10-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Because its easy to pick on a team who's down.

Yep, that's how I saw it too. Easy pickings. It would have been an ok article with just a mention of Buffalo, but there was too much focus ON Buffalo.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 09:33 AM
From my experiences it's equally bad parenting to bring them to Sunday games for the same reasons.

Cleve
10-18-2007, 09:41 AM
I think, in general, society is less polite and considerate than when I was a boy. More than once, in the 60s, my dad took me to night-time Rochester Red Wing baseball games at the old Silver Stadium. I had, and have, only good memories of those games. There wasn't the torrent of profanity that one often hears in crowded events today.

That being said - in the Buffalo Bills games I've been lucky enough to see in person as an adult, I found them to be a great experience. Fun, knowledgable, enthusiastic fans, and a minimum of rowdyness. Whenever 60-80 thousand people gather together, there's going to be some problems. That's going to happen in any city or stadium.

BlackMetalNinja
10-18-2007, 09:47 AM
I think, in general, society is less polite and considerate than when I was a boy. More than once, in the 60s, my dad took me to night-time Rochester Red Wing baseball games at the old Silver Stadium. I had, and have, only good memories of those games. There wasn't the torrent of profanity that one often hears in crowded events today.

That being said - in the Buffalo Bills games I've been lucky enough to see in person as an adult, I found them to be a great experience. Fun, knowledgable, enthusiastic fans, and a minimum of rowdyness. Whenever 60-80 thousand people gather together, there's going to be some problems. That's going to happen in any city or stadium.

I've never experienced the same level of profanity, drunkeness, etc at a baseball game, especially minor league. It's a much calmer atmosphere to begin with. Not to mention significantly smaller crowds and little to no tailgating.

It's hard to make a comparison between the two in my opinion.

NC-BILLS44
10-18-2007, 10:22 AM
A fine theory and all, but do you actually expect that to happen?

No, I didn't expect it to happen. I'm just tired of the excuses as to why people feel they need to get plastered before a game. Whatever happened to people being responsible and accountable for their actions instead of blaming their crappy decisions (drinking enough to be pickled) on some football team that isn't playing up to snuff. That's just lame.

BlackMetalNinja
10-18-2007, 10:57 AM
No, I didn't expect it to happen. I'm just tired of the excuses as to why people feel they need to get plastered before a game. Whatever happened to people being responsible and accountable for their actions instead of blaming their crappy decisions (drinking enough to be pickled) on some football team that isn't playing up to snuff. That's just lame.

It's society as a whole, you can throw out the specifics of this argument really.

suckerv
10-18-2007, 12:58 PM
WHat about Raiders fans, who have been known to stab the opposing team's fans in the parking lot after the game? Bunch of damn trash.

What pisses me off about this article is not the behavior in the stadium, but knowing that all these drunk fans were going to be driving home after the game.

chernobylwraiths
10-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Excuse me for wanting to go to an event with my kids. They are Bills fans and have every right to enjoy a game at the stadium. My kids were out of school as they go to a year round school that had a break during that week. We spent a pretty good amount of money for the tickets, airline tickets and hotel. I think we have the right to enjoy the game just as much as the next person.

Just because its a night game, doesn't mean people should act like total jerks. If you can't handle your alcohol, don't have any.

Far be it for me to endorse drinking, but any rational person HAS to know what going to a night time football game will entail. Even someone with the IQ of a peanut will know that there will be MAJOR drinking and all that comes for that kind of drinking. If a person takes children to a football game or hockey game or ANY sporting event for that matter and expects everyone out of thousands of people to NOT drink and NOT swear and NOT act like idiots, then they are so delusional that they need to check themselves into an institution or buy this bridge I have for sale in Nebraska. I know 8 year olds with more sense than that.

If you go to a place where there are THOUSANDS of people drinking, then EXPECT jerks.

chernobylwraiths
10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
And you are going to critisize someone for bringing their kid to a game?

Yes, I just did. Only stupid people would take young children to a football game and expect people to act civilized.

Typ0
10-18-2007, 06:48 PM
a couple hours to read this thread...I'll chime in with my two cents. If you are going to bring your kids to a game you have absolutely nothing to ***** about unless you sit in the family section. And before you hold all the drunks solely responsible ask yourself how happy the NFL is to get that Miller and Budweiser advertising money. It's as much a social problem created from the beer companies and the league as it is any one drunk. Don't be a hipocrite. If you are going to gripe about alcohol then stop selling it and having half the ads on TV and radio during games beer ads. But it sill is a problem. Being a bumbling drunk is your business but abusing other people is a different story.

Nighthawk
10-18-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm sorry, but the fans at the stadium have been a joke for years. It is an NFL game, not a chance to get s**t faced and ruin the experience for everybody else. This is part of the reason that this team has a hard time selling all of it's tickets...the environments sucks! I'm sorry, but the f'n alcoholics ruin it for everybody.

NC-BILLS44
10-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Far be it for me to endorse drinking, but any rational person HAS to know what going to a night time football game will entail. Even someone with the IQ of a peanut will know that there will be MAJOR drinking and all that comes for that kind of drinking. If a person takes children to a football game or hockey game or ANY sporting event for that matter and expects everyone out of thousands of people to NOT drink and NOT swear and NOT act like idiots, then they are so delusional that they need to check themselves into an institution or buy this bridge I have for sale in Nebraska. I know 8 year olds with more sense than that.

If you go to a place where there are THOUSANDS of people drinking, then EXPECT jerks.

Excuse me for wanting to share a game experience with my boys. It was a historical game, 1st MNF game in Buffalo in 13 years, playing the Cowboys, with my kids being out the school and it was also my birthday. Sounds like the perfect time to share a game experience with my kids. By the way, what gives you the right to judge someone for wanting to take their kids to a game.

As I stated earlier. I did expect there to be jerks at the game. I prepared my kids as I usually do when we go to events with a lot of people. I explain that there are a lot of idiots in the world that don't know what their talking about, that think they do and will spout off at the mouth louder than most people that have a brain between their ears.

I tell them to ignore them or just laugh at their ignorance.

My point earlier was more of a knock on society for letting idiots like that roam the streets without supervision, because they obviously can't make the right decisions for themselves.

jpdex12
10-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Yes, I just did. Only stupid people would take young children to a football game and expect people to act civilized.

Luckily I am not stupid and don't bring my kids to any games because I know what they could see and hear. It's too bad that they have to suffer because of other people's lack of class. Those fans are a real benefit to us all.

Now are you of the group that defends this group of fans or is against this group of fans? Or do you ride the fence like Jauron and just argue that it exists and not take a stand on it?

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Excuse me for wanting to share a game experience with my boys. It was a historical game, 1st MNF game in Buffalo in 13 years, playing the Cowboys, with my kids being out the school and it was also my birthday. Sounds like the perfect time to share a game experience with my kids. By the way, what gives you the right to judge someone for wanting to take their kids to a game.

As I stated earlier. I did expect there to be jerks at the game. I prepared my kids as I usually do when we go to events with a lot of people. I explain that there are a lot of idiots in the world that don't know what their talking about, that think they do and will spout off at the mouth louder than most people that have a brain between their ears.

I tell them to ignore them or just laugh at their ignorance.

My point earlier was more of a knock on society for letting idiots like that roam the streets without supervision, because they obviously can't make the right decisions for themselves.

Anyone can have an opinion and I shared mine.

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Luckily I am not stupid and don't bring my kids to any games because I know what they could see and hear. It's too bad that they have to suffer because of other people's lack of class. Those fans are a real benefit to us all.

Now are you of the group that defends this group of fans or is against this group of fans? Or do you ride the fence like Jauron and just argue that it exists and not take a stand on it?

I don't defend those fans. I hate that as much as anyone else and don't go to the games partially because of them. But there is virtually NOTHING that can be done about the idiots like that at the games.

I will say that if I saw something like a large group of idiots picking on fans that were doing nothing or picking on kids, I would probably say something.

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2007, 04:01 PM

By the way, did you take a stand at the game Monday night and talk to security when they took the Dallas fan and threw him out or did you stay in your seat?

jpdex12
10-19-2007, 10:23 PM
By the way, did you take a stand at the game Monday night and talk to security when they took the Dallas fan and threw him out or did you stay in your seat?

Yeah, I chanted a$$hole with them and pointed!

No, the three other people I was with along with 5 of the brothas in front of me helped get the two drunken idiots behind us tossed as well. The game was a lot more enjoyable to watch after that.

Once security has it in their mind to take a fan for a walk there's not much to pursuade them.

It is a problem that will never be fixed. The bumbling drunks are sometimes comical. It's the douchebags that scream at people telling opposing fans that they are going to kill them that ticks you off.