X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffatexas
    • Aug 2002

Looks like the Bills made the Wall Street Journal

What ticks me off about this article is no mention of the Philly Fans at all as far as being an unfriendly fanbase.

I agree, however, when kids are present, then the language should be toned down by our fans.

The part that gets me is the vibe that this is sending off that if you are a fan of the opposing team, then you shouldnt be subject to the razzing you get when you wear our opponents colors. That is BS, sorry, but you come into our house wearing enemy colors, you can expect the worst. Personally, I would boo you and tell you to go away, but I would be careful if you had kids with you.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Looks like the Bills made the Wall Street Journal

bills fans can be the absolute best and worst fans at the same time.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

If you can't handle the atmosphere then stay at home. If you want to bring your kids, don't go cheap and get the nosebleed seats that the white trash get who have absolutely nothing to lose.

Ive been to plenty of Bills games and I havent really had that many problems. and the better your seats are, the more calm it is. they single out buffalo but im sorry, im sure that crap goes on everywhere.

Comment

• Buffatexas
        • Aug 2002

this is like a kick in the C.O. Jones....no mention of the fans in philly at all and they are the ones that are KNOWN for being complete jagoffs

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

I'm sure every stadium has it's share. I don't know why they focused on the Bills for that article.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DevilPaul
            I'm sure every stadium has it's share. I don't know why they focused on the Bills for that article.
            Because its easy to pick on a team who's down...and Buffalo is always at the butt end of a joke. Only when we win the big one will they get any respect (other than from Chris Berman)

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

saw the article this morning. i thought the same thing. why single out buffalo. every stadium is like this. and winning is the ultimate cure. if they wanted to fix it, they'd put out an entertaining team week in week out.

Comment

• GoBenGo
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Buffatexas
                this is like a kick in the C.O. Jones....no mention of the fans in philly at all and they are the ones that are KNOWN for being complete jagoffs
                I guess not the only ones any more,huh.
                But Hey, since we put so many fans in whatever stadium we play in , one can't help feel partially responsible

GIMME FIVE!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                  • Feb 2005

Preseason is for children. People should know better than to bring their kids to regular games. I for one try to behave, especially around children, but I'll admit, I'm pretty hammered at games.

Comment

• jamze132
                    • Jun 2003

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1192...rts_primary_hs

What ticks me off about this article is no mention of the Philly Fans at all as far as being an unfriendly fanbase.

I agree, however, when kids are present, then the language should be toned down by our fans.

The part that gets me is the vibe that this is sending off that if you are a fan of the opposing team, then you shouldnt be subject to the razzing you get when you wear our opponents colors. That is BS, sorry, but you come into our house wearing enemy colors, you can expect the worst. Personally, I would boo you and tell you to go away, but I would be careful if you had kids with you.
                    I agree. I went to the Bills/Seahawks game a couple years ago and was all decked out in Bills stuff and one drunk guy said something to me. I was standing up cheering after Evans caught his TD pass and the guy said "sit down Spikes!". That was all. I was very disapointed in Seahawks fans. I even had my wife all decked out in Seahawks gear so if there were any problems, she could get me out of it. LOL

Comment

• gil
                      • Mar 2005

please, the Wall Street Journal covering a sporting event is like Sports Illustrated covering fluctuations in the bond market.

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1192...rts_primary_hs

Did you read the entire article?

Originally posted by WSJ
                        The NFL's stadium-building boom over the past decade has helped, too. Personal seat licenses and premium seating tend to price out some of the thugs. Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium was long considered the worst in the league for fan behavior. Cops used to walk through the stands in visiting team jerseys to bait thugs who preyed on visiting fans. Things were so bad that there was a courtroom right in the stadium to arraign the worst offenders. Things have gotten better since the Eagles moved in 2003 to Lincoln Financial Field, which has new luxury suites and nearly 11,000 Club seats that cost $800 or more a game.
                        This was the purpose of the article:

Originally posted by WSJ
                        "The more expensive the experience, the less inclined fans are to ruin it," said Houston's Mr. Rootes.
                        Those will money good , those with not as much money bad

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

It was, without a doubt, the drunkest crowd I've ever seen at any sporting event. Many fans stumbling to their seats just before kickoff were absolutely plastered.

Fantastic.

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                            It was, without a doubt, the drunkest crowd I've ever seen at any sporting event. Many fans stumbling to their seats just before kickoff were absolutely plastered.

Fantastic.
                            Yeah. There were a lot of Cowpoke fans in crowd.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by BAM

Fantastic.
                              ha!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞