• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

From profootballtalk

POSTED 8:51 p.m. EDT, October 16, 2007
    LOSMAN, EDWARDS DEBATE WILL BE DECIDED BY OWNER?
    A league source tells us that the ongoing question of whether the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills will be veteran J.P. Losman or rookie Trent Edwards will ultimately be made by owner Ralph Wilson.
    Working against Losman, we're told, is his contract. He makes a lot more money than Edwards, and will be a free agent after the 2008 season. So Losman is now in danger of getting traded after 2007.
    And though we don't have many (any) details about his incentives package, we suspect that his $1.8 million base salary that drops to $650,000 next season will shoot up if he were to meet certain triggers based on playing time and/or performance.
    Leaving Losman on the bench will keep that from happening, and will make Losman's contract more attractive on the trade market.
    Does Wilson have the right to make such decisions for his football team? Sure. Is it smart for an owner to do so? Um, not really.
    But, as we understand it, it wouldn't be the first time that Wilson makes such decisions, and does so based on money.
    Another source tells us that the locker room is split regarding Losman and Edwards, generally along the lines of experience. The younger guys want Edwards, and the older ones want Losman.
    Losman was injured in Week Three when struck in the knee by Pats defensive tackle Vince Wilfork. Edwards has played well (but not as well as some of the sock puppets would have you think) in Losman's absence.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: From profootballtalk

SPAM.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

LOL.... Pot, kettle, black....

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

And though we don't have many (any) details about his incentives package, we suspect that his $1.8 million base salary that drops to $650,000 next season will shoot up if he were to meet certain triggers based on playing time and/or performance.

Meaning they have NO facts and it is coming out of their asses!

Who reads that crap?

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

My inside source confirmed to me that anybody on any Bills message board could've written the same thing.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

what does Mark Weiler think about this?
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Pride
              LOL.... Pot, kettle, black....
              lol.
              Last edited by Mitchy moo; 10-16-2007, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                My inside source confirmed to me that anybody on any Bills message board could've written the same thing.
                Nonsense! Lots of people on Bills message boards have more integrity than writers on PFT; in fact most of them other than those who read that rag which is equivalent to the National Enquirer after a bird has pooped on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                  what does Mark Weiler think about this?
                  I think it's par for the coarse for this team.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                    I think it's par for the coarse for this team.

thanks Wys.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Oh god, if Wilson is making this decision it's going to be a miserable failure like everything he touches. Poor Edwards, he was screwed before he ever even got a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by G. Host
                        Nonsense! Lots of people on Bills message boards have more integrity than writers on PFT; in fact most of them other than those who read that rag which is equivalent to the National Enquirer after a bird has pooped on it.
                        This coming from one of the people who calls everyone saying something positive about the Bills a genius and everyone who berates them, well, something along the lines of the above. Funny how some people are both over time, often in an alternating fashion.

I have no idea why anyone is all gung ho over Edwards. He's just the latest poke in the dark.

In case anyone's missed it, he led his team to the worst performance of any team vs. the Jets this year and that includes the Ravens and Miami offenses. Otherwise he led us to an abysmal outting and offensive performance vs. the Cowboys overrated defense.

Comment

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          Oh god, if Wilson is making this decision it's going to be a miserable failure like everything he touches. Poor Edwards, he was screwed before he ever even got a chance.
                          This entire team is a miserable failure in case you haven't noticed.

Why not let Wilson do this. I think it's a perfect match. All we need now is for him to start playing Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder at the age of 90.

LOL

Comment

• acehole
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            If this is true it is horrid. What Free Agent would ever want to come here?
                            If he did this to save a few bucks this team is better off in sombody elses hands....
                            Hated by the stupid..
                            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Wys Guy

I have no idea why anyone is all gung ho over Edwards. He's just the latest poke in the dark.

In case anyone's missed it, he led his team to the worst performance of any team vs. the Jets this year and that includes the Ravens and Miami offenses. Otherwise he led us to an abysmal outting and offensive performance vs. the Cowboys overrated defense.
                              Agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X