PDA

View Full Version : From profootballtalk

acehole
10-16-2007, 08:35 PM
POSTED 8:51 p.m. EDT, October 16, 2007
LOSMAN, EDWARDS DEBATE WILL BE DECIDED BY OWNER?
A league source tells us that the ongoing question of whether the starting quarterback (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm#) of the Buffalo Bills will be veteran J.P. Losman or rookie Trent Edwards will ultimately be made by owner Ralph Wilson.
Working against Losman, we're told, is his contract. He makes a lot more money than Edwards, and will be a free agent after the 2008 season. So Losman is now in danger of getting traded after 2007.
And though we don't have many (any) details about his incentives package, we suspect that his $1.8 million base salary that drops to $650,000 next season will shoot up if he were to meet certain triggers based on playing time and/or performance.
Leaving Losman on the bench will keep that from happening, and will make Losman's contract more attractive on the trade market.
Does Wilson have the right to make such decisions for his football team? Sure. Is it smart for an owner to do so? Um, not really.
But, as we understand it, it wouldn't be the first time that Wilson makes such decisions, and does so based on money.
Another source tells us that the locker room is split regarding Losman and Edwards, generally along the lines of experience. The younger guys want Edwards, and the older ones want Losman.
Losman was injured in Week Three when struck in the knee by Pats defensive tackle Vince Wilfork. Edwards has played well (but not as well as some of the sock puppets would have you think) in Losman's absence.

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 08:38 PM
SPAM.

Pride
10-16-2007, 08:41 PM
LOL.... Pot, kettle, black....

G. Host
10-16-2007, 08:41 PM
And though we don't have many (any) details about his incentives package, we suspect that his $1.8 million base salary that drops to $650,000 next season will shoot up if he were to meet certain triggers based on playing time and/or performance.

Meaning they have NO facts and it is coming out of their asses!

Who reads that crap?

YardRat
10-16-2007, 08:42 PM
My inside source confirmed to me that anybody on any Bills message board could've written the same thing.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 08:42 PM
what does Mark Weiler think about this?

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 08:45 PM
LOL.... Pot, kettle, black....

lol.

G. Host
10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
My inside source confirmed to me that anybody on any Bills message board could've written the same thing.
Nonsense! Lots of people on Bills message boards have more integrity than writers on PFT; in fact most of them other than those who read that rag which is equivalent to the National Enquirer after a bird has pooped on it.

Wys Guy
10-16-2007, 08:58 PM
what does Mark Weiler think about this?
I think it's par for the coarse for this team.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 08:59 PM
I think it's par for the coarse for this team.

thanks Wys. :up:

gr8slayer
10-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Oh god, if Wilson is making this decision it's going to be a miserable failure like everything he touches. Poor Edwards, he was screwed before he ever even got a chance.

Wys Guy
10-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Nonsense! Lots of people on Bills message boards have more integrity than writers on PFT; in fact most of them other than those who read that rag which is equivalent to the National Enquirer after a bird has pooped on it.
This coming from one of the people who calls everyone saying something positive about the Bills a genius and everyone who berates them, well, something along the lines of the above. Funny how some people are both over time, often in an alternating fashion.

I have no idea why anyone is all gung ho over Edwards. He's just the latest poke in the dark.

In case anyone's missed it, he led his team to the worst performance of any team vs. the Jets this year and that includes the Ravens and Miami offenses. Otherwise he led us to an abysmal outting and offensive performance vs. the Cowboys overrated defense.

Wys Guy
10-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh god, if Wilson is making this decision it's going to be a miserable failure like everything he touches. Poor Edwards, he was screwed before he ever even got a chance.
This entire team is a miserable failure in case you haven't noticed.

Why not let Wilson do this. I think it's a perfect match. All we need now is for him to start playing Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder at the age of 90.

LOL

acehole
10-16-2007, 09:04 PM

If this is true it is horrid. What Free Agent would ever want to come here?
If he did this to save a few bucks this team is better off in sombody elses hands....

gr8slayer
I have no idea why anyone is all gung ho over Edwards. He's just the latest poke in the dark.

In case anyone's missed it, he led his team to the worst performance of any team vs. the Jets this year and that includes the Ravens and Miami offenses. Otherwise he led us to an abysmal outting and offensive performance vs. the Cowboys overrated defense.
Agree 100%

Wys Guy
thanks Wys. :up:
You're welcome.

Thank you!

gr8slayer
This entire team is a miserable failure in case you haven't noticed.

Why not let Wilson do this. I think it's a perfect match. All we need now is for him to start playing Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder at the age of 90.

LOL
You must not read the boards much. I'm perfectly aware of what a failure Wilson is.

Wys Guy
10-16-2007, 09:05 PM
If he did this to save a few bucks this team is better off in sombody elses hands....
We were kind of hoping you could tell us.

Maybe Ralph's already dead. Weekend at Bernie's comes to mind.

gr8slayer
10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Mark Cuban :pray:

SquishDaFish
10-17-2007, 07:15 AM
:clap: Great Posting Wys couldnt agree more :clap:

OpIv37
10-17-2007, 08:11 AM
while there are concerns about PFT's credibility, there certainly is other evidence that Ralph is involved in this decision and that's a disturbing development, moreso if the part about contract incentives is true. If Ralph really is sitting in his ivory tower making on-the-field decisions based on how they effect his bank account, we're never going to win anything.

Philagape
10-17-2007, 08:30 AM
If Dick and Marv agreed with the call, then it doesn't matter if Ralph was involved. If he overruled them, that's obviously another story

trapezeus
10-17-2007, 11:41 AM
i'm not the biggest ralph supporter, but honestly, if JP was having a T. Brady like year and did this to save money, it's an outrage. But JP is stumbling like he has for the past 3+ years. This team is being built to need a consistent performer. Not a hero who has to sling his way to every victory. I think we can sit in purgatory waiting for JP to step up, or we can man up and make a decision and stick to it.

camelcowboy
10-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Just shows at 89 ralph hasn't completely lost his marbles, even the senial owner dislikes losman. I have noticed ever since someone implied the owner may have been factor into this decision losman supporters seem to be multiplying. OMG the owner of the football team made a decision it must be wrong. News flash morons without ralph buffalo doesn't have a football team, enjoy it while you can. I don't blame him for not wanting losman why would you want to pay a qb big money who has showed absolutely nothing in 27 starts. Im just sick of this crap, "oh edwards is another shot in the dark", "other qbs had a better games against the jets even though he won its bad" Critizing a rookie qb for not winning by more points is what we resort to :rolleyes: To all the wishy washy people upset we don't have an answer at qb, how do you feel we should solve this problem? Your not going to find a qb in free agency, so what? draft one? How is that not a "shot in the dark"? JP has had plenty of time and he blew it, the bills are moving on deal with it. This team still sucks, but why pay a qb big money who to be quit frank isn't worth the pay check he receives right now.

Mitchy moo
10-17-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.billsaddiction.com/images/smilies/jerkit.gif

camelcowboy
10-17-2007, 12:33 PM
http://www.billsaddiction.com/images/smilies/jerkit.gif what is that little green man doing skooby?

Mitchy moo
10-17-2007, 12:37 PM
what is that little green man doing skooby?

You really want to know?

OpIv37
10-17-2007, 12:39 PM
what is that little green man doing skooby?

he's pretending to drive one handed so he can wave to the neighbors with the other hand. DUH!

djjimkelly
10-17-2007, 12:41 PM

ive already said we are all doomed regardless of decision.

camelcowboy
10-17-2007, 12:43 PM
:ignore:
You really want to know?:penalty:

acehole
10-17-2007, 12:58 PM
i'm not the biggest ralph supporter, but honestly, if JP was having a T. Brady like year and did this to save money, it's an outrage. But JP is stumbling like he has for the past 3+ years. This team is being built to need a consistent performer. Not a hero who has to sling his way to every victory. I think we can sit in purgatory waiting for JP to step up, or we can man up and make a decision and stick to it.

Ok so if this is the case why worry he will hit his insentives? You dont make sense......

Knowing Ralph he will want to get somthing for JP so he will have to play him a bit more...but that is a catch 22...how then can they bench him if he playe well?