PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo News also saying Edwards will start

JJamezz
10-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Bills stick with Edwards at QB
By Mark Gaughan - News Sports Reporter

The Buffalo Bills are pulling the trigger on their dramatic but not-too-surprising move at quarterback. Trent Edwards will get the start over J.P. Losman for Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens, according to two sources close to the team.

Edwards has taken the first snap at each of the past three team practices, even though Losman has been practicing fully.

Edwards faces a severe test this week against a Baltimore defense that is ranked fourth in the NFL.

It's believed the Bills are citing some concerns about Losman's ability to be 100 percent healthy for the Ravens game as a factor in the move.

Nevertheless, Edwards has strong support within the organization, particularly from Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr.

For a full report on the Bills' quarterback situation, see Wednesday's Buffalo News.

More... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/185733.html)

It specifically says two sources, so this isn't just based on Mort's report.

Also interesting how they are indeed playing up the injury angle, as a few people here speculated they would.. It's the only way they can make this choice and be able to back out of it down the road, and that is just another glaring example of their incompetence..

I'm at the point where I don't care who ends up under center anymore, both guys have their pluses and minuses - but would somebody over at OBD please grow some nuts and learn how to make a decision that you stand behind for a change?!?! For God's sake, your fans can't take much more of this crap. Take some advice from your #1 WR, make a choice and stick the f*** with it!

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Who writes the big checks?? Who's names on the door?? Yeah, he might have a little to do with it.

YardRat
10-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Support from Wilson doesn't mean he's making the final decision. If Marv was set on Losman, you can be damn sure Levy would be able to convince Ralph it is the best move.

G. Host
10-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Support from Wilson doesn't mean he's making the final decision. If Marv was set on Losman, you can be damn sure Levy would be able to convince Ralph it is the best move.

Stop trying to convince others whose opinions are made up no matter whether facts back it up.

Mudflap1
10-16-2007, 09:48 PM
When Ralph butts in (and he does on quarterbacks, see Johnson, Rob and Flutie, Doug), he usually gets his way.

Smells like Ralph politicking a bit to me.

Jon

Meathead
10-17-2007, 12:32 AM
you know i dont really have a prollem with keeping the door open on both of them. theyve got two good qbs who like jj says have their pluses and minuses. i understand many guys like to have that icon installed at the position but thats really a comfort thing. they can execute with both of them as we have seen. well early on it looked like they couldnt execute with anybody but you get the point

who knows if the injury concern is legit or not. but if jp is slightly hobbled there isnt much reason to push him back quickly. let edwards get another start and see what happens. if jp was one hunnerd pcent then i think they should have gone with him but im ok with another week of edwads if he isnt

i still think theyre gonna go back to jp sooner or later. rook qbs are rook qbs. regardless of how impressive hes been overall hes gonna implode again one of these days. with a solid to good qb ready to go they wont ride edwards gaffs very long, especially if they lose a game again. one way or another jp will get another shot i guarantee it

churchinski
10-17-2007, 12:36 AM
When Ralph butts in (and he does on quarterbacks, see Johnson, Rob and Flutie, Doug), he usually gets his way.

Smells like Ralph politicking a bit to me.

Jon
LOL

why would he need to politic

he is the owner

churchinski
10-17-2007, 12:38 AM
you know i dont really have a prollem with keeping the door open on both of them. theyve got two good qbs who like jj says have their pluses and minuses. i understand many guys like to have that icon installed at the position but thats really a comfort thing. they can execute with both of them as we have seen. well early on it looked like they couldnt execute with anybody but you get the point

who knows if the injury concern is legit or not. but if jp is slightly hobbled there isnt much reason to push him back quickly. let edwards get another start and see what happens. if jp was one hunnerd pcent then i think they should have gone with him but im ok with another week of edwads if he isnt

i still think theyre gonna go back to jp sooner or later. rook qbs are rook qbs. regardless of how impressive hes been overall hes gonna implode again one of these days. with a solid to good qb ready to go they wont ride edwards gaffs very long, especially if they lose a game again. one way or another jp will get another shot i guarantee it

Losman is a solid QB ?

mybills
10-17-2007, 06:14 AM
Very true!

Wraith
10-17-2007, 06:37 AM
It specifically says two sources, so this isn't just based on Mort's report.

Also interesting how they are indeed playing up the injury angle, as a few people here speculated they would.. It's the only way they can make this choice and be able to back out of it down the road, and that is just another glaring example of their incompetence..

I'm at the point where I don't care who ends up under center anymore, both guys have their pluses and minuses - but would somebody over at OBD please grow some nuts and learn how to make a decision that you stand behind for a change?!?! For God's sake, your fans can't take much more of this crap. Take some advice from your #1 WR, make a choice and stick the f*** with it!
I wouldn't get too worked up about the "two sources" comment because they could simply mean Mortenson and his source for all we know. I'd like to think the Bills don't have two people close to the decision-making process who would leak such a decision BEFORE the team was told (as Lee Evans said last night, the team has been told nothing).

Don't Panic
10-17-2007, 06:55 AM
If it is Edwards, I am a bit surprised. I wanted him to start, but I really thought they'd give JP one last chance to right the ship. This brings me back to the conversations we had before the season about how long JP deserved to prove himself. Some said 2 weeks, others 4... some half the season, others most... looks like the Bills thought 2 and 1/2 was enough if they go this route. As for the 100% healthy item... that is definitely a CYOA move for down the road should they decide to reinsert JP. If JP wasn't 100%, he would have made some mention of it. You can other bet on both sides so many times before looking like a waffler (ask John Kerry).

Don't Panic
10-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Here's a Simms quote that says it well:

"I couldn't say who (the Bills) are going to start. All I know is that until a quarterback plays well and wins playoff games and eventually a Super Bowl, people are always going to yell for some other guy to be in there."

From: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071017/SPORTS0102/710170315/tbd/

Mitchy moo
10-17-2007, 07:01 AM
The quarterback move figures to be popular with a lot of fans. Edwards was running ahead of Losman by a margin of 2 to 1 in a Buffalo News online poll of fans voting on who should start.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/186063.html

Patti120
10-17-2007, 07:07 AM
It looks like maybe the dementia has set in not only for Ralph but also Marv. Lets hope TE is the man!

Inetpub
10-17-2007, 07:14 AM
If this is true that they are starting Edwards, then consider the JP era finished. Ralph has had his say in QB's before and theres no stopping him when he picks a QB. I just hope they stick with Edwards if he is the starting QB...even through the first few rough games he will have.

don137
10-17-2007, 08:38 AM
I want the guy in there who gives the Bills the best chance to win. I just hope Edwards learns he is allowed to throw the ball past those orange markers on the sidelines and it doesn't have to be before them.