PDA

View Full Version : After reading into JP's comments a little more

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Whoever is making the decision?? Who is going to take responisibility??

"The decision is not going to be based off how I played the first two games," Losman said. "It's a decision based off many other factors, and those factors, obviously, remain to be seen. So I'll have to sit back and see what they say. Whoever is making the decision here -- I think is a question I'm still looking to hear. Whose call is it? Who's going to take responsibility for it and things like that?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=3066434&type=story

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Who the F- does he think he is?? He is an employee paid under contract and he wants to be answered to?? I mean buddy your benched for the exact reason you would ask this question in the first place, your not getting it.

mybills
10-16-2007, 09:19 PM
It makes sense. The "who" is apparently, Ralph.

BlackMetalNinja
10-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Who the F- does he think he is?? He is an employee paid under contract and he wants to be answered to?? I mean buddy your benched for the exact reason you would ask this question in the first place, your not getting it.

I know it's not exactly the same, but I think it's close enough...

If you got fired from your job, wouldn't you want to know who made that choice and why? I think most people would.

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 09:22 PM
It makes sense. The "who" is apparently, Ralph.

He knows that and it's been brought up by the press so for him to challenge it in a open forum is not a smart employment choice. The more noise JP makes from the sideline, the farther he'll stay from the field. This will also lowers his trade value to us as well and hurts us as a team even more.

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 09:25 PM
I know it's not exactly the same, but I think it's close enough...

If you got fired from your job, wouldn't you want to know who made that choice and why? I think most people would.

Almost everybody gets fired from a job in their life. How we deal with it during and after make us who we are as a person. It also gives that person a chance to become even more than before the problem came up and find a better situation.

kinigirly
10-16-2007, 09:25 PM
simmer down

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Does the bigger person is this type of sitation try not to disrupt the team or get others to take sides to divide the team??

There is only one way to squelch this, tomorrow name a clear starter and show everyone the course they have chosen. No more we'll let you know or games, a clear course. The QB has to be able to look his team in the eye and say today we win because I said so.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Almost everybody gets fired from a job in their life.

Ive never been fired.

Being self employed for 18 years has a lot to do with that tho :)

mybills
10-16-2007, 09:33 PM
He knows that and it's been brought up by the press so for him to challenge it in a open forum is not a smart employment choice. The more noise JP makes from the sideline, the farther he'll stay from the field. This will also lowers his trade value to us as well and hurts us as a team even more.
The article basically repeats the article from yesterday. Before we knew he knew. You're getting your panties in a bunch for nothing.

Mitchy moo
10-16-2007, 09:35 PM
The article basically repeats the article from yesterday. Before we knew he knew. You're getting your panties in a bunch for nothing.

Ok, you maybe right but we do not want to see him divide this team. They are just starting to put the D together and the O-line is gelling, no BS from the bench is necessary.

mybills
10-16-2007, 09:41 PM
He's not. He really likes Trent and the team. He said that it would be easier if he hated them. He's in no way dividing the team. He's been very classy about it. :up:

BlackMetalNinja
10-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Almost everybody gets fired from a job in their life. How we deal with it during and after make us who we are as a person. It also gives that person a chance to become even more than before the problem came up and find a better situation.

I don't know... I've never been fired, but if I were, I'd damn sure want to know why.

kinigirly
10-16-2007, 09:47 PM
hasn't jp been kinda fired twice now with the bills? i don't mind getting fired by someone of knowledge, but i'd have some questions if i was fired by men resembling skeletor, geriatrics, or general all around assmonkeys.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 09:50 PM
hasn't jp been kinda fired twice now with the bills? i don't mind getting fired by someone of knowledge, but i'd have some questions if i was fired by men resembling skeletor, geriatrics, or general all around assmonkeys.

if we're going to be running a circus,the last thing we need is a clown with a frown.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Whoever is making the decision?? Who is going to take responisibility??

"The decision is not going to be based off how I played the first two games," Losman said. "It's a decision based off many other factors, and those factors, obviously, remain to be seen. So I'll have to sit back and see what they say. Whoever is making the decision here -- I think is a question I'm still looking to hear. Whose call is it? Who's going to take responsibility for it and things like that?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=3066434&type=story

Apparently JP hasn't realized his career record of 8-19 is a good enough factor.
Or the fact when he throws the ball 20+ times a game we generally lose.
Or the fact he makes ridiculous comments in the media like this that are in no way indictive of a guy who is supposed to be a "leader." Grow up Losman, you're the guy at the top who takes the blame when the team isn't going well...it comes with the job title.

The more and more we get on this guy, the more and more I want no part of him on the field on Sundays.

The Answer
10-17-2007, 12:18 AM

The Answer agrees.

Trade or release this cancer now!!!

~The Answer

churchinski
10-17-2007, 12:28 AM
exactly

right now he is asking to be given the boot not just the hook

first he questions the coaches play calling

then he suggests that the decision won't be based on his play , in effect he is saying that he isn't getting a fair look

well he has another guess coming he got the red carpet rolled out for him

and the decision will very definitely be based in part on how he played in the first two games

I mean who the hell is he kidding , I'm sure he would like to sweep those two putrid performances under the carpet , but it doesn't work that way

this losman is a tool

BillsFever21
10-17-2007, 01:21 AM
This decision only has to do with money and nothing else. It came from the top just like it did when Johnson took over for Flutie and even Losman taking over for Bledsoe. You will see it in two more years with Edwards too.

Losman is due a contract. They know they don't want to spend the money it takes to sign a QB(or hardly anyone for that matter) so they figure we midas well make the move now and hopefully Edwards will be more then Kelly Holcomb Jr. Right now it shows that it is apparently obvious that Edwards was drafted for this reason. Even after a good finish and a respectable record that Losman led us to last season.

Edwards hasn't shown anything. He was horrible in college and has 1 TD and 3 INT's in the big show so far. Don't give me any excuses about the Stanford team. He couldn't even stay on the field.

This will not be the last we see of Losman on the field. Edwards has proved since he was a freshman in college he can't stay healthy.

This is one of the reasons why we get GM's like Levy and coaches like Mike Mularkey and Dick Jauron. They come cheap, desperate and as pushovers. Ralph can hire a guy that will do whatever he tells him and he can save a buck in the process.

Ralph is a horrible owner. He has proved it for years. Crying about the CBA and money even though teams were GIVING him their money. It wasn't enough. He wants to save a buck and be given a buck at the same time. Maybe if you would do your part and put a winning team on the field you would bring in enough money to satisfy yourself and not have to look for other owners to make up that money.

churchinski
10-17-2007, 01:38 AM
you cant be serious

he spent $75 million on the Oline

$75 million !

how much do you think he spent on mike williams
look at the contract moulds had
look at the contracts they gave their DEs

wake up

the reason not to give losman a new contract is that he is not worth that kind of money

he simply is NOT GOOD ENOUGH

he is not a good enough QB do justify it

if he was then he would certainly get the contract

BillsFever21
10-17-2007, 01:49 AM
you cant be serious

he spent $75 million on the Oline

$75 million !

how much do you think he spent on mike williams
look at the contract moulds had
look at the contracts they gave their DEs

wake up

the reason not to give losman a new contract is that he is not worth that kind of money

he simply is NOT GOOD ENOUGH

he is not a good enough QB do justify it

if he was then he would certainly get the contract

Big deal. Every team HAS to spend some money. They don't just sit 25 million under the salary cap every year though. Even the Bengals and Arizona spent some money during their years of futility. They HAD to pay for some players along with all them high draft picks. What is he supposed to do. Throw nothing but 2 million dollar players out there? Get real.

All the money that was spent this year was from their savings by losing contracts from guys like Clements, Fletcher and Spikes. They just simply spent the savings from them for Dockery and guys like that. How much more money did they really spend then the last year or two? That is what I thought.

A team who isn't cheap doesn't let players they could use walk every year and sit there millions and millions under the salary cap that they will never use every year while adopting a cap savings scheme called the cash to cap and STILL being that far under the cap. Hiring the most desperate and cheapest coaches time after time. Trying to screw Wade Phillips out of the money he owed him on this contract. If that isn't cheap then I don't know what is. After last year and their Josh Reed and Peerless Price signings they had to do spend something to get to the minimum.

churchinski
10-17-2007, 01:59 AM
Big deal. Every team HAS to spend some money. They don't just sit 25 million under the salary cap every year though. Even the Bengals and Arizona spent some money during their years of futility. They HAD to pay for some players along with all them high draft picks. What is he supposed to do. Throw nothing but 2 million dollar players out there? Get real.

All the money that was spent this year was from their savings by losing contracts from guys like Clements, Fletcher and Spikes. They just simply spent the savings from them for Dockery and guys like that. How much more money did they really spend then the last year or two? That is what I thought.

A team who isn't cheap doesn't let players they could use walk every year and sit there millions and millions under the salary cap that they will never use every year while adopting a cap savings scheme called the cash to cap and STILL being that far under the cap. Hiring the most desperate and cheapest coaches time after time. Trying to screw Wade Phillips out of the money he owed him on this contract. If that isn't cheap then I don't know what is. After last year and their Josh Reed and Peerless Price signings they had to do spend something to get to the minimum.cash to the cap is a scheme ?

If it was a scheme why did they come right out and announce it ?

the other way is spending deferred money but that doesn't get you anymore cap you just end up paying for it in future years

if you don't defer then you don't have to dump players in the future and have lousy years to make up for all the wild spending

spending deferred money means that at some point you will have seasons where you pay for it and won't be able to spend to the cap.

Lossamn is not a QB worth that kind of money ...spend that money on players you can actually win with

What is Lossman's win/loss record BTW ?

why are you so upset about the prospect of upgrading from a losing QB

are you saying that you want to be 6-10 or 7-9 every year ?

BillsFever21
10-17-2007, 02:44 AM
cash to the cap is a scheme ?

If it was a scheme why did they come right out and announce it ?

the other way is spending deferred money but that doesn't get you anymore cap you just end up paying for it in future years

if you don't defer then you don't have to dump players in the future and have lousy years to make up for all the wild spending

spending deferred money means that at some point you will have seasons where you pay for it and won't be able to spend to the cap.

Lossamn is not a QB worth that kind of money ...spend that money on players you can actually win with

What is Lossman's win/loss record BTW ?

why are you so upset about the prospect of upgrading from a losing QB

are you saying that you want to be 6-10 or 7-9 every year ?

Really. We hear that every year about the salary cap but a smart GM and cap personnel team can spread contracts out where you don't go through that. Christ our GM doesn't even know anything about the cap and how it works. The most pathetic thing about it is he would admit it on TV make this franchise look like a joke even more.

Teams like the Redskins and Broncos haven't been through cap hell yet and can still sign players. Especially when the cap just went up 30 million dollars over the future.

If this cash to cap is so great then how come we are the only team that does it? Mary sure has you by the balls. Pathetic. I know we are smarter then everybody else and that's why we have put such a great product on the field all these year.

Everyone knows except the blind that cash to cap is a cheap way out. You are strapped on signing and bringing in players. You can't build a team and keep people around long enough to play with each other because the cash to cap doesn't allow it. Yeah that's a great way to build a team.

Say the cash to cap gives you 40 million to start with. You give one big player a 15+ million dollar bonus and a salary of 5 million and there is all the money you can spend after you sign your draft picks and other backup role players. Great strategy. In our case we don't even spend to the limit of the cash to cap. We are still sitting there with 20 million in cap space. Without this cash to cap we would have about 40 million in cap space right now. That's a good thing? This organization isn't cheap even though people who knows more then you for years have said it is.

If this cash to cap is so great and you don't have to worry about the bonuses that why not at least even spend to it? To be using this kind of a theory of spending and STILL not even spend close to the cap is pathetic.

Mitchy moo
10-17-2007, 06:22 AM
This decision only has to do with money and nothing else. It came from the top just like it did when Johnson took over for Flutie and even Losman taking over for Bledsoe. You will see it in two more years with Edwards too.

Losman is due a contract. They know they don't want to spend the money it takes to sign a QB(or hardly anyone for that matter) so they figure we midas well make the move now and hopefully Edwards will be more then Kelly Holcomb Jr. Right now it shows that it is apparently obvious that Edwards was drafted for this reason. Even after a good finish and a respectable record that Losman led us to last season.

Edwards hasn't shown anything. He was horrible in college and has 1 TD and 3 INT's in the big show so far. Don't give me any excuses about the Stanford team. He couldn't even stay on the field.

This will not be the last we see of Losman on the field. Edwards has proved since he was a freshman in college he can't stay healthy.

This is one of the reasons why we get GM's like Levy and coaches like Mike Mularkey and Dick Jauron. They come cheap, desperate and as pushovers. Ralph can hire a guy that will do whatever he tells him and he can save a buck in the process.

Ralph is a horrible owner. He has proved it for years. Crying about the CBA and money even though teams were GIVING him their money. It wasn't enough. He wants to save a buck and be given a buck at the same time. Maybe if you would do your part and put a winning team on the field you would bring in enough money to satisfy yourself and not have to look for other owners to make up that money.

We have replaced just about everyone on the offense to try to make it better. New RB / $75 M in new O-line players so there is only a few things left to change, OC and QB.