PDA

View Full Version : the ice surface should be regulated

im4bflo
10-16-2007, 11:04 PM
It sucks that the ice can be so different depending where you are.
There should guidelines, and the ice surface should be regulated,
because some of these rinks SUCK!
I beleive that teams who know a speed team is coming, could jack up their ice, so the puck jumped all over the place, instead of a smooth surface.
What do you think???

SABURZFAN
10-16-2007, 11:24 PM
some of these arenas have other events going on besides hockey.that could play a role in some of the ice conditions.

SkateZilla
10-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Home.......... Ice................. Advantage....

Michael82
10-17-2007, 09:33 AM
They need to fix the Sabres ice. It's ****ing atrocious!!! :mad:

JD
10-17-2007, 09:40 AM
I heard they have a new guy doing the ice at the HSBC, maybe hes still getting used to the job... doubt the above normal temperatures outside helped his situation

Michael82
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
I heard they have a new guy doing the ice at the HSBC, maybe hes still getting used to the job... doubt the above normal temperatures outside helped his situation
But that's a bull**** excuse. It was chilly on Monday night and even Saturday night outside. And the arena felt like an icebox inside. So it was definitely cold enough. but the ice was still complete crap! :mad:

User Manuel
10-17-2007, 01:54 PM
I have heard and read, somewhere, that the ice has been a problem since day 1 at the arena.

SabreEleven
10-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Home.......... Ice................. Advantage....

How is sucky ice an advantage for the Sabres?

im4bflo
10-19-2007, 06:21 PM
A team that relys on speed, are more dangerous on smooth ice.
No pucks jumping all over the place, and so forth.
So a team can let their ice get crappy when they know the Sabres
are coming to town.

jamze132
10-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Isn't there like a refrigerator just beneath the ice surface? I dunno, just asking. It would make sense to me to have something to keep the ice frozen. As you can see, I am very unfamiliar with how the playing surface is laid out. How do the lines get there? Is it like a normal floor with lines and stuff and then they put some water on top?

hammerbillsfan
10-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Isn't there like a refrigerator just beneath the ice surface? I dunno, just asking. It would make sense to me to have something to keep the ice frozen. As you can see, I am very unfamiliar with how the playing surface is laid out. How do the lines get there? Is it like a normal floor with lines and stuff and then they put some water on top?

It's a little old but this explains it:
http://exploratorium.com/hockey/ice3.html