PDA

View Full Version : This is Best for JP....

Mahdi
10-17-2007, 07:29 AM
At first I really wanted to see JP get the start this week to give him an opportunity to keep his job and end the debate. If he played well then the job would be his, if not we go back to Edwards and no one would argue that. However, in the interview with JP he admits that he still has to wear a heavy brace on this leg that limits his mobility. Now if I'm JP, the last thing I want is to be given ONE make or break game against a tough defense, when one of by best assets which is my mobility is not 100%. I think giving Edwards the start against Baltimore and leaving the door open for a JP return is a wise course of action.

Scenario #1) Edwards explodes plays awesome and they cant justify taking him out. I dont think any Bills fan would complain.

Scenario #2) Edwards plays poorly, JP gets another week's rest and the staff can now put him back in with no opposition to the move.

trapezeus
10-17-2007, 09:50 AM
good call.

one thing that we've done as bills fans is say, "this is it. This is losman's shot." and when it doesn't look as miraculous as we'd like, half of us blame losman, the other half blame everything else but losman. And then we are left repeating the cycle. now we have a new body (TE) to beat up on.

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2007, 09:58 AM
If JP is only given one shot at reclaiming his job, it'd only be fair if he's truly 100% healthy and not playing against a top 5 defense in the league.

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Good call. Let JP come back against a weak team so he looks good. He is technically a 4th year rookie and shouldn't be thrown to the wolves. He needs to gain confidence. He isn't quite ready to play a good team.

[/sarcasm]

Mahdi
10-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Good call. Let JP come back against a weak team so he looks good. He is technically a 4th year rookie and shouldn't be thrown to the wolves. He needs to gain confidence. He isn't quite ready to play a good team.

[/sarcasm]
If he was healthy and fully mobile then I would say that the Baltimore game is perfect. Yer right if he cant handle the good teams he shouldnt start. Fact is though he is not 100%, and against a high pressure team its a no win situation for JP if he played.

PECKERWOOD
10-17-2007, 10:56 AM

[/sarcasm]

Technically, I'm still drunk from last night.

PcA125
10-17-2007, 12:46 PM
If he was healthy and fully mobile then I would say that the Baltimore game is perfect. Yer right if he cant handle the good teams he shouldnt start. Fact is though he is not 100%, and against a high pressure team its a no win situation for JP if he played.

I thought that he said that he was ready to go?

Mahdi
10-17-2007, 12:48 PM
I thought that he said that he was ready to go?
Yeah his probably ready to go ,,,, but that doesnt mean he's at his best... and I dont think anyone can fathom JP having a good game with limited mobility. His game requires it.

acehole
10-17-2007, 12:53 PM
I agree and was thinking of this earlier. If Edwards lights them up then great if he doesnt we will here from the lickers all the excuses that we gave JP....but I do think it was well thought out by the coaches as I said before in an ealier posts it gives them outs......

At first I really wanted to see JP get the start this week to give him an opportunity to keep his job and end the debate. If he played well then the job would be his, if not we go back to Edwards and no one would argue that. However, in the interview with JP he admits that he still has to wear a heavy brace on this leg that limits his mobility. Now if I'm JP, the last thing I want is to be given ONE make or break game against a tough defense, when one of by best assets which is my mobility is not 100%. I think giving Edwards the start against Baltimore and leaving the door open for a JP return is a wise course of action.

Scenario #1) Edwards explodes plays awesome and they cant justify taking him out. I dont think any Bills fan would complain.

Scenario #2) Edwards plays poorly, JP gets another week's rest and the staff can now put him back in with no opposition to the move.
I agree and was thinking of this

djjimkelly
10-17-2007, 12:55 PM

this is a smart proposal i dont give our coaches credit enough to think this way

Oaf
10-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Scenario #3) Trent Edwards sucks, offense continues to be anemic, we lose. Edwards continues to start because Bills FO has a hard on for him, while JP goes down the drain.

Not saying it will happen, but that it could. :ill:

HHURRICANE
10-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Yeah his probably ready to go ,,,, but that doesnt mean he's at his best... and I dont think anyone can fathom JP having a good game with limited mobility. His game requires it.

With limited mobility he might be forced to stay in the pocket and try and make throws like Edwards.