PDA

View Full Version : I hope they are making the right decision

X-Era
10-17-2007, 08:16 AM
I really do.

This is a team that has played the QB carousel over and over and over. And if you dont think the lack of continuity has hurt us, your nuts.

Todd Collins
Billy Joe Hobert
Alex Van Pelt
Rob Johnson
Doug Flutie
Drew Bledsoe
JP Losman
Kelly Holcomb
Trent Edwards

Thats just since 1996. So in 11 years we have had 9 starters. That is just plain not good.

And here we go again. Now, the truth is that Edwards as a rookie has more pocket presence and better decision making (in the short game) than Losman does. Thats my honest opinion and Im a Losman fan. Edwards however, is not well matched to our biggest threat Evans who gets open long, He has shown that hes not strong throwing the long ball.

Furthermore, Edwards has also made some very bad decisions at times. Hes a rookie thats OK, but not if you plan to win games while hes growing. One could argue that we lost to Dallas because of the throw to Evans into triple coverage that was intercepted. If he had thrown that away, the bills make a chip shot FG from the 11 yard line and the game is out of reach.

Even as a Losman fan, I think Edwards has more upside. But how long are we going to hang on to the term "upside". Seriously, we have been waiting for player to develop for the past decade. And it aint working so well.

Its another pivotal decision that could have ramifications for our fortunes for the next 2 to 3 years. I hope its the right one.

TacklingDummy
10-17-2007, 08:22 AM
There is no problem with changing QBs when the one you change sucks. The problem the Bills have is that all the QB they thought were the future have turned out to be busts. Let's hope Trent doesn't fall into that category also.

carybillsfan
10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
There is no problem with changing QBs when the one you change sucks. The problem the Bills have is that all the QB they thought were the future have turned out to be busts. Let's hope Trent doesn't fall into that category also.

If trent starts now by the end of the season they should know if he has it, if not QB becomes the #1 priority in the offseason.