PDA

View Full Version : Sabres negotiating with Campbell now!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Regier has opened talks with Campbell, who was leading NHL defensemen with nine points in the first five games and was honored as one of the league’s three stars for last week. The former all-star is making $1.75 million this season. The Sabres have not started negotiations with Kalinin, who is pocketing $2.25 million.

Campbell has said numerous times since last season that he wanted to remain with the Sabres, the team that selected him in the sixth round in 1997 and groomed him into an an impact player along the blue line.

“We’ll see what happens,” Campbell said. “I think something can be done but until it’s done, it’s still out there. How many contracts get close to getting done but don’t get done, and somebody is somewhere else. I’m just sitting back and waiting to see what happens.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/186059.html

BlackMetalNinja
10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
If there is one player on this team I have absolutely no problem watch walk away, it'd be Kalinin

bigbub2352
10-17-2007, 09:32 AM
I luv the fact that we are looking to extend Campbell, but Kahlinin is a bum, i dont see what the team sees in him or why we ever gave a 1yr deal to Teppo either, i would have rather given that to someone like Danny Markov, Kahlinin is to soft and will not get anybetter, he disappears to much and usually gets hurt for 20 or so games a year, rather see Sekeraj, Funk , or Card come up and start developing

Michael82
10-17-2007, 09:38 AM
If there is one player on this team I have absolutely no problem watch walk away, it'd be Kalinin
Good post! That guy pisses me off everytime I see him on the ice, let in a goal off his skate, or turn the puck over. Or miss covering another player. :mad:

mchurchfie
10-17-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm not a big fan of Kalinin either but he has actually been having a pretty good year so far. He is one of the more talented players on our team if he can keep his head out of his ass.

RockStar36
10-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Kalinin isn't as bad as a lot of people make him out to be.

BlackMetalNinja
10-17-2007, 11:38 AM
I think he is a decent player, but he makes many mistakes and can be a liability from time to time. My statement was I wouldn't mind seeing him left to walk away. I don't justify paying him more money that he will somehow command with the ever rising market prices when his contract is up. Let somebody else pay him to struggle and be inconsistant.

mchurchfie
10-17-2007, 02:41 PM
l wouldn't say he makes a lot of mistakes but when he does make one it is usually a pretty memorable one.:ill:

RockStar36
10-17-2007, 02:43 PM
How many mistakes last year can be chalked up to his injury (an injury that most people would have sat out from)?

It seemed like everytime people ripped him last year he came back and scored a big goal or helped produce a goal.