Could Edwards starting put us back even further?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Could Edwards starting put us back even further?

If Edwards shows us nothing against Baltimore, or from here on out, we could be really screwed.

I've been a JP supporter, but let's be honest I don't think he's the solution at QB. This leaves Edwards. But if he screws up, that leaves us with no QB at all. We all know Ralph won't go pay for a QB in FA, so where will it leave us?

Pretty F'd in my opinion. Our defense has more holes that swiss cheese, our WR's suck outside of Evans, and we still don't have a strong right side of the OL or a good TE to go across the middle or catch dump routes.

Edwards can stop the bleeding or make it worse, IMO.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Could Edwards starting put us back even further?

Worse case scenario: Edwards turns out to be nothing more than a backup, and the Bills have address the QB position in the offseason, probably in the draft.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

well, let's put it this way- If Edwards is the guy, we're going to know pretty soon- he's got 11 games left to show something. If Edwards isn't the guy, we'll be picking VERY early in the draft and can address the QB situation that way (although the thought makes me sick to my stomach- I can't stand another 2 years of QB grooming).
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

It could if not handled right. If it turns out that JP was not the problem (coaches) and you throw him under the bus only to find out Edwards is the next Holcomb, we'll need to draft another qb because JP is as good as gone.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          • Jan 2004

serious question: how many good qb's will be available for drafting in the low to mid 1st round?

serious question 2: when was the last time this franchise proved it can draft a legit QB? 1983 I believe.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

The biggest way they can make absolutely SURE that this happens is to start playing QB musical chairs again.. Whoever they decide on, if they don't stick with them come hell or high water, we can just pack it up and start waiting on the next coaching staff before there is any hope of this team getting better.

Comment

• User Manuel
              The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
              • Nov 2003

To quote an old wise man:

"If your team is going to suck in a pro sports league, it is better to suck the most."

I don't remember who said it, but it is true...

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
                serious question: how many good qb's will be available for drafting in the low to mid 1st round?

serious question 2: when was the last time this franchise proved it can draft a legit QB? 1983 I believe.
                If Edwards does nothing, we'll be drafting in the early 1st round and can catch a QB. If he does great then we draft mid to later in the round and can find a stud DE or maybe even a WR. Either way we have issues to addresss via the draft.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

this question goes hand in hand with who we hired as coaches. If you hire an idiot, he's not gonna know what a read qb looks like.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

both very good points- as far as the first question, if Edwards tanks, the Bills have 10 picks in the next draft and should easily be able to trade up to get one of the top QB prospects.

As far as drafting a QB, I don't know what to say about that. We definitely don't do it well.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Edwards could just as easily be benched after losing to Baltimore. Right now, this team isn't going anywhere with either QB, because there are so many other problems to worry about, but if they keep making it about a QB controversy, they don't have to face the other problems. It seems like a complete smoke screen from the FO. I also think the players are more frustrated than the fans, so that ought to add to this weeks loss against Baltimore.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        both very good points- as far as the first question, if Edwards tanks, the Bills have 10 picks in the next draft and should easily be able to trade up to get one of the top QB prospects.
                        Yeah, but honestly, do you see Ralph or Marv trading up to pay a high-pick QB big money? That would dip into Ralphs Cracker Jack Profit Fund. Surely he can't afford it because Buffalo is poor and the fans won't pay for a winning product.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                          • Sep 2003

Let's see.
                          Lately, we haven't really drafted all that many QBs. Before Losman, the only one we drafted before 1986 was Todd Collins in 1995. The late 70's/early 80's had quite a few...

1986 - Brian McClure
                          1985 - Frank Reich
                          1983 - Jim Kelly
                          1982 - Matt Kofler
                          1980 - Todd Krueger
                          1979 - Dan Manucci
                          1977 - Fred Besana
                          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

IF that happens.... We can welcome Andre Woodson.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Yeah, but honestly, do you see Ralph or Marv trading up to pay a high-pick QB big money? That would dip into Ralphs Cracker Jack Profit Fund. Surely he can't afford it because Buffalo is poor and the fans won't pay for a winning product.
                              probably not- I hate high draft choices anyway because, aside from meaning you sucked the previous year, it means paying someone who hasn't proven **** at the NFL level. I don't necessarily blame Ralph for not wanting to shell out for unproven talent, but we're kind of running out of options here. We tried going the FA route with Bledsoe and RJ with no success, we drafted Todd Collins and Losman with no success, we brought in the vet Flutie with some success that peaked quickly.... the budget approach to QB just doesn't work and eventually Ralph is going to have to shell out top talent (and contrary to the way the Bills' FO usually works, giving a top talent payday to a guy who isn't top talent doesn't work either).
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X