PDA

View Full Version : Ravens had pre-draft visit with Edwards

justasportsfan
10-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Ravens had pre-draft visit with Edwards
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:09 PM ET | Link

RAVENS HAD PRE-DRAFT VISIT WITH EDWARDS: Ravens head coach Brian Billick in his conference call said he liked Trent Edwards in the draft. In fact they had him make a pre-draft visit to their facility. Billick has connections at Stanford having coached there from 1989-91.

"We had our eye on Trent as well," said Billick. "We had him here prior to the draft, one of the, I think you're allowed 20 or so guys that you can bring into your facility before the draft, had Trent in here and spent some time with him. Very impressed, liked what we saw. My three years at Stanford I kind of draw back on that. Very impressed with what we saw. He does seem very poised, but we're going to do everything we can to make it a long day for him."

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:58 PM ET | Link

READING BETWEEN THE LINES WITH BILLICK: Brian Billick in his conference call with the WNY media was asked about Willis and returning to Buffalo.

"I know he's looking forward to coming back and performing in front of the Buffalo crowd," Billick said.

When asked about McGahee's strengths he had a couple of interesting comments, some of which might make a Bills fan scratch his head knowing McGahee like they do.

"He's much more physical than I thought," said Billick. "I didn't realize how physical a back he was when we got him." (Translation - He's not that fast)

"We knew he could stretch and cut and do those things excellent out of the backfield…catch the ball," said Billick. (To his credit he has caught 22 passes)

"He's also an excellent pass protector," said Billick. "He's got a great mind for the game. We ask a lot of our backs in terms of pass protection, and he sorts through it very well and has done a very good job." (If he is a good pass protector now that's disappointing. He did it well on occasion here, but if he's good all the time then it shows how much he didn't want to be here.)

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

justasportsfan
10-17-2007, 12:59 PM
btw

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 11:15 AM ET | Link

JAURON PRESS CONFERENCE AT ABOUT 2:30: Buffalobills.com will be streaming Dick Jauron's press conference live. It's scheduled for approximately 2:30 pm.

The locker room is open to the media from 1:30 to 2:30 following practice which runs 11:15 to 1:30.

Scheduled to address the media are Aaron Schobel, J.P. Losman, Marshawn Lynch, Donte Whitner, Trent Edwards and Lee Evans.

Willis McGahee will be making his conference call with the WNY media at 2:15.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2007, 01:05 PM
If all that stands between blitzers and Boller is McGahee, Boller will be toast on Sunday.

OpIv37
10-17-2007, 01:29 PM
It's a good thing for Edwards that Baltimore didn't pick him- otherwise he would be stuck on an anemic offense that struggles to score 10 points a game.... oh, wait.