PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Losman's knee really isn't ready

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Relax people. Plus it's more time to groom our future QB.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Doesn't he have the same injury Wire had? Wire was out, what, 6 weeks? How long has JP been out? 3? I honestly don't think JP can be 100% yet.

Maybe the injuries are different, but I thought both had sprained knees. Can someone correct me on this?

Philagape
10-17-2007, 03:30 PM
JP said it is. He's been practicing fully. Dick didn't say the knee wasn't ready ... he said JP's "rusty" because of the missed time.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Rusty. Well, other "franchise" QBs play as soon as they are cleared. Take that at face value.

Philagape
10-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Can anyone imagine Favre or Manning not playing because they're "rusty" after missing a few weeks?

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Rusty sounds like a euphemism for unprepared.

djjimkelly
10-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Can anyone imagine Favre or Manning not playing because they're "rusty" after missing a few weeks?

i have seen it happening with bulger.

Philagape
10-17-2007, 04:06 PM
i have seen it happening with bulger.

He's starting this week. He missed two games with broken ribs.

gr8slayer
10-17-2007, 04:09 PM
He's starting this week. He missed two games with broken ribs.
Against the recommendations of the team doctor.

TigerJ
10-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Doesn't he have the same injury Wire had? Wire was out, what, 6 weeks? How long has JP been out? 3? I honestly don't think JP can be 100% yet.

Maybe the injuries are different, but I thought both had sprained knees. Can someone correct me on this?

Both had sprained MCLs. The problem is there are different degres depending on how much it was pulled beyond the extent for which it was designed. Losman's was a grade 1 sprain, which is a relatively mild sprain. I think Wire's was worse. The interesting thing is Jauron's explanation of how he reached the decision. He did n't make it by himself. He spoke to the coaching staff, Marv Levy and Ralph Wilson. Missing from that list: the trainers, the team medical personnel. If it was really a medical issue, those would be the only people he should be talking to. I can buy that Losman is a little rusty as Jauron stated. That makes some sense that Jauron would want to get the opinion of Schonert and Fairchild, but Wilson? Has Wilson been following practices to know that Losman is a little rusty? I doubt it.

So what is Ralph Wilson going to say? Answer: "I like Trent Edwards. He shows some poise in the pocket and he's cheap." He's thinking Edwards played well and won the Jets game and did not embarrass himself in the Dallas game. He looks like he could be better than Losman and I'm only paying a third round rookie contract for a starting QB if he can be the starter. That kicks the legs right out of Losman's negotiating position this offseason when he wants to renegotiate. I can tell him, "Too bad JP, you've been traded to Minnesota. See how much they'll pay you." That's pretty powerful motivation for an owner trying to run a cheap err lean organization.

camelcowboy
10-17-2007, 04:23 PM
our coaching staff is really really "rusty"

kinigirly
10-17-2007, 04:35 PM
ralph wilson getting involved in the qb position. he must have started seeing the grim reaper again while getting his sponge baths. he's just gonna get more desperate and more of a pain in the ass until you know what.

Philagape
10-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Against the recommendations of the team doctor.

But it's not because of "rust."

camelcowboy
10-17-2007, 04:45 PM
ralph wilson getting involved in the qb position. he must have started seeing the gream reaper again while getting his sponge baths. he's just gonna get more desperate and more of a pain in the ass until you know what. so what your saying is Wilson is also getting rusty.

justasportsfan
10-17-2007, 04:46 PM
so what your saying is Wilson is also getting rusty.
I think he's beyond that. There's nothing left to oxidize

Night Train
10-17-2007, 04:52 PM
ralph wilson getting involved in the qb position. he must have started seeing the gream reaper again while getting his sponge baths. he's just gonna get more desperate and more of a pain in the ass until you know what.

He fires Smithers ? :monte:

Yasgur's Farm
10-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Dick is really Smithers.

Mitchy moo
10-17-2007, 05:00 PM
ralph wilson getting involved in the qb position. he must have started seeing the gream reaper again while getting his sponge baths. he's just gonna get more desperate and more of a pain in the ass until you know what.

He fixes the cable??

Philagape
10-17-2007, 05:51 PM
A Rochester story quotes JP: "This is the decision for this week, but this is my first game back as far as dressing, so I'll dress and be ready if my number is called."

So JP is healthy enough to suit up

YardRat
10-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Just face the facts, people. If JP had played better the first two games of the season, or Edwards worse the last two, this conversation wouldn't be happening.

G. Host
10-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Can anyone imagine Favre or Manning not playing because they're "rusty" after missing a few weeks? Favre and Manning do not miss games. Try someone who does to make an analogy.

Philagape
10-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Favre and Manning do not miss games. Try someone who does to make an analogy.

The point is made, and that's "rust" is a lame excuse.

churchinski
10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
The point is made, and that's "rust" is a lame excuse.
if it came from losman it would be an excuse

coming from the head coach i can't see it being an excuse because the head coach doesn't need an excuse to bench a player

churchinski
10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Just face the facts, people. If JP had played better the first two games of the season, or Edwards worse the last two, this conversation wouldn't be happening.
the last thing these people want to do is face facts

Philagape
10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
if it came from losman it would be an excuse

coming from the head coach i can't see it being an excuse because the head coach doesn't need an excuse to bench a player

He used one anyway. That's the kind of waffle coach we have.

SABURZFAN
10-17-2007, 07:06 PM
so what your saying is Wilson is also getting rusty.

it's crusty.Ralph Wilson is getting crusty. :biggrin:

churchinski
10-17-2007, 07:06 PM
JP said it is. He's been practicing fully. Dick didn't say the knee wasn't ready ... he said JP's "rusty" because of the missed time.
so losman is either rusty or jauron is being diplomatic in regard to losman

i don't see any conspiracy at all

none at all

Philagape
10-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Here's two reasons why "rust" is BS:

1. The decision was made no later than early Tuesday. There was the rest of the week to try to shake off the rust.

2. If the issue was rust or any other physical issue, why consult Ralph? Sullivan writes today, "Jauron needed to consult the owner, the general manager, the staff and all the offensive coaches to decide that Losman wasn’t healthy enough to start this week?"

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Maybe Losman's knee really isn't ready
Or, maybe once again the team is playing what remaining attention paying fans that they have for fools just like Donadope did as everyone thought the same thing.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Rusty. Well, other "franchise" QBs play as soon as they are cleared. Take that at face value.
Exactly. Dick likes to think of himself as a spindoctor but 90% of the time, he sounds like a complete ass.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Rusty sounds like a euphemism for unprepared.
It's not because of JP's game preperation. Dick wants his boy Trent in there.