PDA

View Full Version : Just to reiterate: "Edwards Decision Not Permanent"

shelby
10-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Because some of you don't seem to understand...

While the decision to name Trent Edwards (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5409#) the starter this week against Baltimore was anything but a secret, Bills head coach Dick Jauron (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5409#) did throw a curve ball stating that decision to name Edwards the starter is anything but permanent.
"Trent Edwards will be our starting quarterback this week," said Jauron. "I talked to both Trent and J.P. yesterday and told them that's where we were going and that was the extent of it. We just said we'll go this way for this week."
Whether Edwards starts beyond the Week 7 matchup with the Ravens remains to be seen.
"Dick made the point that this is what we're doing right now," said GM Marv Levy (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5409#) of Jauron's decision to start Edwards this week. "It's not necessarily, 'This is where we're going and we're sticking with it all year.' If there's reason to that will unfold as we play the games. He's definitely leaving the door open."

full story (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5409)

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2007, 03:43 PM
You don't seem to understand either. He's not saying that the decision isn't permanent, he's just not saying anything.

OpIv37
10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
ie, he's willing to throw Trent Edwards under the bus to save his own job if Edwards tanks.

The QB and the team need to know which one is the starter to help with confidence and chemistry. Jauron is a gutless moron for leaving it so open-ended, and it will hurt the team.

Philagape
10-17-2007, 03:47 PM
"We reserve the right to flip flop."

LtBillsFan66
10-17-2007, 03:48 PM
He didn't say he likes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches either.

acehole
10-17-2007, 03:50 PM
ie, he's willing to throw Trent Edwards under the bus to save his own job if Edwards tanks.

The QB and the team need to know which one is the starter to help with confidence and chemistry. Jauron is a gutless moron for leaving it so open-ended, and it will hurt the team.

hahahaah so true I told you guys this would happen....outs ....... baby...outs.....

So the JP era is over talk has to put on hold for now.....,

kinigirly
10-17-2007, 03:51 PM
i don't think there is one person in the bills organization that i trust to tell the truth right now. me and listening to bills conferences are going to be parting ways for a while.

djjimkelly
10-17-2007, 04:01 PM

what happens if dick actually wants JP and is being told from above sorry no JP and hes leaving an i told you so open. or hes leaving his own option open.

WITH THIS TEAM WHO KNOWS!!!!!!

mchurchfie
10-17-2007, 05:17 PM
After we upset Baltimore TE will be the starter.;)

The last buffalo fan
10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
i really don't ****ing care whot the starter is, I just root for the Bills. What I do care, is about those clowns running/ruining our team. :down:

YardRat
10-17-2007, 05:36 PM
what happens if dick actually wants JP and is being told from above sorry no JP and hes leaving an i told you so open. or hes leaving his own option open.

I really think all the comments about Ralph making the call is just a pile of horse****.

I don't like the waffling part of the situation, either. Make the call and stand by it, regardless of who the choice is. If JP isn't starting because he isn't physically ready, then come out and say so. If Edward's is getting the nod because you feel he's better, or gives the team a better chance at winning, then just put it out there.

churchinski
10-17-2007, 05:54 PM
i just wanted to check in to see if the lickers were still crying

enough said

churchinski
10-17-2007, 05:56 PM

why are you making stuff up again ?

does this make you sleep better ?

churchinski
10-17-2007, 05:59 PM

don't worry it won't hurt the team psychology

i can't see how this could possibly effect a player's ability to run, tackle or block

they won't end up in the nut house

do you feel better now ?

churchinski
10-17-2007, 06:05 PM

it's a non-abrasive way of saying that the best player will start

(you know because in this day in age you need to be delicate with these sensitive football players and the gullible fans that are all worried about the team psychology too)

right now that player is TE

he'll be the starter unless he plays himself out of the job

lordofgun
10-17-2007, 07:01 PM

I'm pretty sure Dick doesn't even understand.

churchinski
10-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm pretty sure Dick doesn't even understand.

no

jauron understands

it's the half baked segment of the fans that doesn't understand

SABURZFAN
10-17-2007, 07:12 PM

have you recovered from your meltdown?what a douche of a post. :down:

SABURZFAN
10-17-2007, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=shelby]Because some of you don't seem to understand...

i want names. :biggrin:

lordofgun
10-17-2007, 07:15 PM
no

jauron understands

it's the half baked segment of the fans that doesn't understand
yes

jauron doesn't understand

it's not the half baked segment of the fans that doesn't understand

Mitchy moo
10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
have you recovered from your meltdown?what a douche of a post. :down:

Everynight there is always one.

SABURZFAN
10-17-2007, 07:18 PM

:smoke:

'ere...........

SABURZFAN
10-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Everynight there is always one.

i thought he was going to grab his barrel and head to Niagara Falls last night.

Ickybaluky
10-17-2007, 07:33 PM
don't worry it won't hurt the team psychology

Seems like it could effect his rookie QB's psychology.

That seems like a dumb statement to make. He is saying Edwards will start this week, but he won't hesitate to make a change. The natural result is Edwards will look over his shoulder every time a pass falls incomplete. Way to shatter the confidence of a young QB and make him play tentative!

churchinski
10-17-2007, 07:34 PM
yes

jauron doesn't understand

no

i'm sorry but you are clearly wrong

lordofgun
10-17-2007, 07:34 PM
yes

i'm not sorry but you are clearly wrong.

churchinski
10-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Seems like it could effect his rookie QB's psychology.

That seems like a dumb statement to make. He is saying Edwards will start this week, but he won't hesitate to make a change. The natural result is Edwards will look over his shoulder every time a pass falls incomplete. Way to shatter the confidence of a young QB and make him play tentative!
oooooooooh the old tom donahue "looking over his shoulder" line
LMFAO
LMFAO

I don't think that edwards worries about this stuff like you do

this is just more football myth

everytime there is a QB change I can bank on a segment of people parroting this nonsense

everytime without fail like clockwork

if this in fact had the potential to shatter TEs confidence as you say lol...then he isn't the type of player you want out there

don't worry TE won't end up in the nut house

the overly delicate fans might end up in the nut house over a QB change but losman and edwards won't

deepslant
10-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Trent has the spot until he plays in the Cowboys mode. Then JP's got it until he plays in the Denver mode. Trent then........ Two straight victories and you're ordained the starter for the entire year until you regress in one game. Simple really.

The last buffalo fan
10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
i want man. :biggrin:

:limp:

SABURZFAN
10-17-2007, 08:13 PM
:limp:

funny that you showed up.let me ask you...........did Lossman's family sneak over the border to have JP? :idunno:

HHURRICANE
10-17-2007, 08:14 PM
He's the starter.

SABURZFAN
10-17-2007, 08:21 PM
He's the starter.

shelby's trying to stir up trouble.don't fall for it. :snicker:

The last buffalo fan
10-17-2007, 08:22 PM
funny that you showed up.let me ask you...........did Lossman's family sneak over the border to have JP? :idunno:

Si. :ill:

SABURZFAN
10-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Si. :ill:

uh oh...........this creates a whole new controversy. :couch:

The Answer
10-17-2007, 08:56 PM

Losman will not play a down again this year unless Edwards gets hurt.

Book it!!!!!

~The Answer

churchinski
10-17-2007, 08:58 PM

lol

is he an anchor baby ?

Wys Guy
10-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Just to reiterate: "Edwards Decision Not Permanent

Of course not Shelby, that would involve making a firm decision. As raphael pointed out, these clowns are Donadope II. They're not going to say or do anything that limits their options doncha know.

The fun part will start at the end of the season when we're like 2-10. Then we'll win a couple more games against either scrub or entirely beat up teams to ensure that we draft 10th or 12th instead of in the top 3 just so that Dick can say that his team is improving.

You guys should know the drill by now. ;)

churchinski
10-17-2007, 09:46 PM
:usflag:

that has my vote for the best post of the day

Oaf
10-17-2007, 11:46 PM
This could be a good thing, (putting his feelings for Trent aside and giving JP his shot if Trent blows.)

or a very bad thing (QB Carousel from 2005 which will lead to no clear cut starter in 2008.)

Oaf
10-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Wow, just saw how bad that post sounds. :eek2:

evol4276
10-18-2007, 02:40 AM
dude i really hope whoever goes in stays in for the remainder of the season. teams that switch qbs off and on every week almost always deserve to lose. i dont think we deserve to lose. but what we need to do is have someone lead who the rest of the team will connect with. switching back and forth will only make things worse and more drug out. btw i take his statement the same as the "noone's job is permanent" or w/e he said about trent starting due to jp's injury. sounds kind of like the same thing to me

Mr. Cynical
10-18-2007, 03:00 AM

:bf1:

Bottom line - the team will suck as long as dick is hc.

churchinski
10-18-2007, 04:36 AM
Wow, just saw how bad that post sounds. :eek2:
oh my yes it's absolutely reprehensible

think of the the number of people who's sensitivities have been offended

oh the shame