• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Home Pre-Season Game in Toronto 2008, Home Regular Season Game in 2009

Bills requesting this, according to the Thursday morning Buffalo News. Not many details.

This ought to get the Chicken Littles screaming.

Bills citing regionalism.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Home Pre-Season Game in Toronto 2008, Home Regular Season Game in 2009

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Do we want a team long-term or not? Even with a WNY born Commish, this might be the best we can get.

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

The Buffalo Bills hope to play a regular- season game in Toronto next year.
          In a statement obtained by The Journal, the Bills say they are looking to expand their regional marketing efforts by moving one of their eight home games north of the border.
          "Beginning in 2008, the team plans to increase its focus on the northern sector of its market," the statement said. "The team hopes to capitalize on the increasing interest of fans in the Canadian market by playing a regular-season game in Toronto."

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Momma I'm coming home........

This sucks......

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Meh.

All teams are going to be playing internationally at some point. The Bills best option to do so is to do it in Toronto.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

See I have no problem with this at all if it is designed to help keep the team here long term. When all or half of our games are in Toronto is when I will have a problem.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

I see this as backfiring- all it's going to do is increase Toronto's desire to have an NFL franchise, which is the worst possible thing for the Bills (especially since there's a good chance that franchise could BE the Bills).
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

"hopes to capitalize on the increasing interest of fans in the Canadian market"

If they're so interested, they should come to the team. Not the other way around.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

What can we do though?. The only thing that will suck is we will have only 7 home games in 2009. I can't imagine the Toronto fans really giving 12th man support.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I agree with mybills.................Toronto Bills fans can drive down to Orchard Park.......maybe HBF can give them a lift. They are so willing to drive down to HSBC Arena to see the Leafs play, why can't they commit to driving down here to see the BUFFALO BILLS if they are such "die-hard" Bills fans

This is just another attempt by the Bills (i.e. Ralph and the NFL) to scare local fans into buying up all the premium seats and luxury suites

Comment

• Cleve
                          • Oct 2004

For anyone not thinking by now that Ralph Wilson is a greedy cheapskate well into his dotage, this serves as more evidence.

If I was a season ticket holder - I'd be pissed. I'm assumng they'll drop the cost of season tickets by 13% (or whatever percentage a pre-season and regular seaon game works out to be from the schedule) to compensate. Uh-huh.
                          Last edited by Cleve; 10-18-2007, 09:30 AM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                          per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                            I agree with mybills.................Toronto Bills fans can drive down to Orchard Park.......maybe HBF can give them a lift. They are so willing to drive down to HSBC Arena to see the Leafs play, why can't they commit to driving down here to see the BUFFALO BILLS if they are such "die-hard" Bills fans

This is just another attempt by the Bills (i.e. Ralph and the NFL) to scare local fans into buying up all the premium seats and luxury suites

i cant cross border becuz of minor drug charge when i was younger or i would have best season tickets money could buy

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

That makes sense, play a game in Toronto... see how many people would be interested in the team before moving it for good up north.
                              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                              X