PDA

View Full Version : Shut Up!

Pride
10-18-2007, 07:26 AM
/being rant

Some of you need to just shut the hell up about the "Jauron Sucks, Losman Sucks, Edwards Sucks, Ralph Wilson Sucks" crap!

I'm so tired of coming into BZ and reading the same pointless drivel day in and day out! Just let the football team play ball!

Try being a football fan, a fan of the team, a fan of the players... and most importantly... a fan of the GAME! Some of you worry so much about the most minute (pronounced MINE OOT) details, you forget to enjoy football!

/end rant

Dr. Lecter
10-18-2007, 07:35 AM
:bf1:

Mahdi
10-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks I agree.... Way too much bashing.... People need to realize that this team just doesnt have all the personnel to win consistently right now. And we have several players in key positions that are either new to the system or are 1st or second year players.

How bout we give our coaches and players a chance to build together because thats the only way we will ever win. All these changes that ppl want made will only set us back. At least we are building something here, its just not done yet. Give it time.

clumping platelets
10-18-2007, 07:38 AM
:bf1:

Pride
10-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Or rather than focus on a QB controversy that truly doesnt exist yet... how about we focus on the bright spots of this team.

Gaines, George Wilson, Greer, Lynch, Dockery

There are some players playing WAAAY above their pay grade... and we give them little to no love.

Dr. Lecter
10-18-2007, 07:43 AM
And the very much improved McCargo!

Mahdi
10-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Or rather than focus on a QB controversy that truly doesnt exist yet... how about we focus on the bright spots of this team.

Gaines, George Wilson, Greer, Lynch, Dockery

There are some players playing WAAAY above their pay grade... and we give them little to no love.
Whats yer opinion on Dockery?,,,, I have the tape from the last 2 games which I will watch tonight and focus on the left side. But we havent been able to run effectively to that side.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Or rather than focus on a QB controversy that truly doesnt exist yet...

Yes it does.

Mahdi
10-18-2007, 07:46 AM
And the very much improved McCargo!
McCargo is a beast. He's looking Tommie Harris-ISH out there. Relax I said ISH!

billsburgh
10-18-2007, 07:48 AM
Yes it does.
because of people like you

LtBillsFan66
10-18-2007, 07:49 AM
What else should we talk about?

billsburgh
10-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Coy Wire is back this week. :idunno:

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 07:51 AM

Moorman is God. :yawn:

Wanna talk about something else?

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Coy Wire is back this week. :idunno:

And that's all that needs to be said. Next subject.

Pride
10-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Lets talk about what needs to happen this week in order to beat the Ravens.
Lets talk about 2nd and 3rd string players developing into 1st string talent.
Lets talk about what we would do differently than the coaches, rather than focus on how much they suck.
Lets talk about sex baby!
Lets talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be...

Mahdi
10-18-2007, 07:56 AM
George the new "Playmaker" Wilson

John the "hand-off taker" McCargo

Roscoe -- First down before I get killed --Parrish

Michael--Im a TE and i can catch--Gaines

Take yer Pick

JJamezz
10-18-2007, 07:57 AM
I agree w/ you insofar as being tired of the bashing... but even the biggest homer (I don't mean you, just in general) has got to be tired of the incompetence at OBD. It'd be one thing if they learned from their mistakes - ok, we tried this, it didn't pan out, lets try that.. but they DON'T DO that. They seem to keep making the same miserable mistakes over and over and over again. One definition of the word 'insanity' that I've heard is continuing to do the same things and expecting a different result..

I don't even think about Super Bowls or even playoffs anymore, I just want to see a team that actually shows improvement from season to season, and maybe wins about as much as it loses..

Mahdi
10-18-2007, 07:59 AM
I agree w/ you insofar as being tired of the bashing... but even the biggest homer (I don't mean you, just in general) has got to be tired of the incompetence at OBD. It'd be one thing if they learned from their mistakes - ok, we tried this, it didn't pan out, lets try that.. but they DON'T DO that. They seem to keep making the same miserable mistakes over and over and over again. One definition of the word 'insanity' that I've heard is continuing to do the same things and expecting a different result..

I don't even think about Super Bowls or even playoffs anymore, I just want to see a team that actually shows improvement from season to season, and maybe wins about as much as it loses..
What is it that you feel we keep repeating?

Jan Reimers
10-18-2007, 08:10 AM
There are many positives that we can dwell on, but I think the constant losing over the past several years has worn on a number of us.

mybills
10-18-2007, 08:10 AM

Our OL needs to to step it up and open more holes for Lynch..even if it's just small gaps. Remember the first play of the Dallas game where he ran for about 15 yds? This standing up wall crap has to stop, they need to push the D aside for him to work his beastly magic. Also, Trent needs to throw further than 20 yds, and to hurry up and start trusting the receivers to be there for him. They all have more experience than him, and he needs to realize that, FAST.

I've mentioned how good the 2nd & 3rd stringers looked in the Dallas game. It was uplifting/surprising how well they played. I was hoping to counter Jan's depression thread, but I don't think it worked. :ill: Then Wys came along and dissed their efforts in a way that only he could do. :ill:
When I watched that game, I looked like this -> :jawdrop: for the entire time.
I hope that's the case this week against Balt.
:pray:

JJamezz
10-18-2007, 08:13 AM
What is it that you feel we keep repeating?

Oh I don't know, hiring inferior coaches, not playing to player strengths, finding a way to get our hopes up each year only to see them come crashing down in flames, games like the Cowboys where they seem to always find new ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.. Let's see.. making all sorts of questionable personnel moves - letting decent to quality players walk and always searching the bargain bin for replacements, and of late, all the while remaining well under the cap (ie. 'Cash to Crap').

And how about losing? That's a good one too...

Look, like I said, I'm tired of the bashing too.. but NOT because it's unwarranted. For me it's a matter of wasting your energy and feeling like crap about something we have absolutely no control over.

Dude
10-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Look, like I said, I'm tired of the bashing too.. but NOT because it's unwarranted. For me it's a matter of wasting your energy on something we have absolutely no control over.

Quoted for emphasis.

Great post.

Oaf
10-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Whats yer opinion on Dockery?,,,, I have the tape from the last 2 games which I will watch tonight and focus on the left side. But we havent been able to run effectively to that side.
He played decent, well in pass pro, weak in run pro, but had a 40 yard drive killing holding penalty.

Philagape
10-18-2007, 08:35 AM
“I may disagree with everything you say but I will defend unto death your right to say it.” -- Voltaire

This is an open forum. This is not a place for people who are intolerant of views they don't want to read.
It doesn't take a lot of insight to know which threads will have these kinds of opinions, so stay out of them if you don't like them.

mybills
10-18-2007, 08:38 AM
He sounds pissed at the repeated posts, not the multiple same topic threads.
It IS nauseating. :chuckle:

I mean, how many times can you read the word "licker" or "cheap Ralph" ?
If you have a brain, you get bored with it quickly.

OpIv37
10-18-2007, 08:42 AM
/being rant

Some of you need to just shut the hell up about the "Jauron Sucks, Losman Sucks, Edwards Sucks, Ralph Wilson Sucks" crap!

I'm so tired of coming into BZ and reading the same pointless drivel day in and day out! Just let the football team play ball!

Try being a football fan, a fan of the team, a fan of the players... and most importantly... a fan of the GAME! Some of you worry so much about the most minute (pronounced MINE OOT) details, you forget to enjoy football!

/end rant

"Jauron Sucks, Losman Sucks, Edwards Sucks, Ralph Wilson Sucks"- that's WHY we can't enjoy football. What's there to enjoy about this team this year? It's **** from the owner on down.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 08:46 AM
**** team but we should be 3-2.

Mahdi
10-18-2007, 08:47 AM
To me this thread is not necessarily about who is posting what and about what on BZ. Its about the general attitude of Bills Fans that we have this big red button were constantly pushing. A couple of questionnable coaching decisions in a game that was overall very well coached and we want to fire the entire staff. Its things like that that annoy me also.

4 weeks ago everyone was saying how stupid Marv was for trading up for McCargo, guess what, the guy got some TIME and now he's playing pretty damn well. I think the general theme of this thread is, let's have some patience and let things play out. Give our guys a chance to work together for a while before we start making them hate playing in Buffalo.

Another perfect example is how 4 weeks ago Lee Evans was the best WR in the NFL, today im seeing posts indicating that losing him would be ok.

I think were way to fickle on this board.

OpIv37
10-18-2007, 08:53 AM
To me this thread is not necessarily about who is posting what and about what on BZ. Its about the general attitude of Bills Fans that we have this big red button were constantly pushing. A couple of questionnable coaching decisions in a game that was overall very well coached and we want to fire the entire staff. Its things like that that annoy me also.

4 weeks ago everyone was saying how stupid Marv was for trading up for McCargo, guess what, the guy got some TIME and now he's playing pretty damn well. I think the general theme of this thread is, let's have some patience and let things play out. Give our guys a chance to work together for a while before we start making them hate playing in Buffalo.

Another perfect example is how 4 weeks ago Lee Evans was the best WR in the NFL, today im seeing posts indicating that losing him would be ok.

I think were way to fickle on this board.

you are kidding yourself if you really think it was a "couple of questionable coachign decisions in a game that was coached very well". That's such a load of crap. This coaching staff has shown almost no ability to make in-game adjustments, they're constantly misusing time-outs and challenges, and they make their worst decisions at the most crucial times in the game. You think the anger at the coaching staff is aimed at the most recent game only and it's not- it's aimed at poor performance over all of last season and the 1/3 of this season that's been played.

We could EASILY be 3-2 with better coaching decisions, but instead we're 1-4 with 3 conference losses and a division loss, and 4.5 games behind the division-leading Pats with 11 to play. If that's not reason for firing, I don't know what is.

I will agree that we as fans tend to overreact but the coaching is NOT a good example of that. Hiring Jauron was a bad decision in the first place and he shows why every Sunday.

Mahdi
10-18-2007, 09:11 AM
you are kidding yourself if you really think it was a "couple of questionable coachign decisions in a game that was coached very well". That's such a load of crap. This coaching staff has shown almost no ability to make in-game adjustments, they're constantly misusing time-outs and challenges, and they make their worst decisions at the most crucial times in the game. You think the anger at the coaching staff is aimed at the most recent game only and it's not- it's aimed at poor performance over all of last season and the 1/3 of this season that's been played.

We could EASILY be 3-2 with better coaching decisions, but instead we're 1-4 with 3 conference losses and a division loss, and 4.5 games behind the division-leading Pats with 11 to play. If that's not reason for firing, I don't know what is.

I will agree that we as fans tend to overreact but the coaching is NOT a good example of that. Hiring Jauron was a bad decision in the first place and he shows why every Sunday.
All of last season??? You think any other coach would have won more games with the roster we had? And this year we get ravaged with injuries. Funny how everyone was just hoping for a good game on monday night thinking we were going to get murdered. The coaches devise a solid game plan which was more than just effective and after we lose in what could be one of the best games of the year in the NFL on prime time the coaches should be fired?? That makes no sense and only points to emotional responses not logical ones.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Just let the football team play ball!

Try being a football fan, a fan of the team, a fan of the players... and most importantly... a fan of the GAME!

Many of us are waiting Pride.

Waiting for this organization to actually field a "football team" and not just a roster of players that are a cut above the average NFL team's entire 2nd/3rd string teams. Yes, really.

Can't speak for everyone, but I am a fan of the game. That's precisely why I've pretty much quit watching the Bills this season unless it's 100% convenient for the first time since I became a fan over 25 years ago. I do enjoy "the game" which is why I enjoy watching the Patriots and Colts and even some other teams in other games even though I don't have a particular rooting interest.

I've watched more college ball this year due to the absence of good football in Buffalo than I have over the past five seasons combined already. Hell, the Buffalo Bulls offer more promise now than the Bills do.

As to the players, which players are there to be fans of?

What, Moorman? Yeah, gosh, I'm just tingling with excitement and anticipation to wait for 4th-downs every week.

Meanwhile, Schobel's predictably fallen off the face of the game as he dropped 25 lbs. Peters all of a sudden doesn't look like quite the UFA steal that we all thought he was. And naturally that can't possibly have anything to do with miracle worker McNally now, can it. Dockery, well, has once again merely proven that McNally coaches downward. Langston Walker, yeah, great pickup and it sure instills confidence in what Levy and Jauron "saw in him that others didn't see," doesn't it?

Evans is playing like a 4th stringer on most teams due to design of those in charge of this mess.

What, Greer? DiGiorgio? McCargo, Mr. Accidental sack?

Who are the players that we're supposed be all warm, tingly, and fuzzy over?

Oh sure, Lynch may be better than McGahee, but the results are about the same. He's averaging 3.7 yards-per-carry which is bottoms. What does that tell you about the coaching and managerial aspects of this organization?

He's presently on pace for 1,194 yards, 9 TDs, and 3.7 ypc. McGahee in his two best seasons here, his first two, average just about the same with a slightly higher ypc. And that was with McGahee being one of the league's leading yards-for-loss rushers. Can Lynch subtract that as an excuse? Not sure, perhaps he can, I just don't know as I haven't bothered to check since I really don't care anymore. Lynch may be better, but his numbers aren't and he hasn't even seen a snowflake yet or played beyond the 12/13 games he's used to playing.

Granted, as oft stated, I don't blame the players. They do what they are supposed to be doing yet merely going up against counterparts an entire echelon above them from a talent/performance perspective on average. It's not their fault.

It's the fault of those that have assembled that "talent." Those that said that they "saw something that others didn't see" in a stiff like L. Walker. Raiders' fans must be having a good guffaw at our expense.

Meanwhile, it's anyone's guess what's in the water cooler in the executive offices that's producing these hallucinations.

After all, the same people saw something in Tripplett, a failed 2nd rounder that lost his job twice in Indy and sucked there too. Or that saw something in Peerless Price to warrant paying him three or four times what any other team wasn't even willing to pay him. Or any number of other OL draft picks who are all on the missing persons report.

Great points though. I really can't understand why everyone's *****ing and no one's just going to games feeling completely satisfied and thankful that we have such a great team in our fair city.

;)

OpIv37
10-18-2007, 09:26 AM
All of last season??? You think any other coach would have won more games with the roster we had? And this year we get ravaged with injuries. Funny how everyone was just hoping for a good game on monday night thinking we were going to get murdered. The coaches devise a solid game plan which was more than just effective and after we lose in what could be one of the best games of the year in the NFL on prime time the coaches should be fired?? That makes no sense and only points to emotional responses not logical ones.

what makes no sense is you defending the coaches when their game plan fell short. So what if they had a good game plan? They failed when it counted the most. They get paid to WIN games, not ALMOST win games. And in effect, this was the same as last year. The coaching staff can prepare the team for games but is useless on Sunday afternoons- if they were capable of in-game adjustments, we could have won 2-3 more games last year (Indy and Detroit come immediately to mind).

Fans' and sports pundits' expectations going into the game don't change the fact that the coaches screwed up.

BlackMetalNinja
10-18-2007, 09:32 AM
“I may disagree with everything you say but I will defend unto death your right to say it.” -- Voltaire

This is an open forum. This is not a place for people who are intolerant of views they don't want to read.
It doesn't take a lot of insight to know which threads will have these kinds of opinions, so stay out of them if you don't like them.

I agree, up until the last part... with which I agree, but for a different reason.

You're right, it doesn't take a lot of insight to know which threads have these kinds of opinions...

Because it has become EVERY SINGLE THREAD that has them now! Some try to start positive threads to express that viewpoint, those threads get cluttered with the same negativity.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 09:40 AM
We could EASILY be 3-2 with better coaching decisions

It's not all the coaching fault. I blame the players more. They are the ones who didn't execute.

It's not the coaches fault that Lindell missed a 54 yard FG before halftime against Dallas
Or that 11 players failed to recover an onside kick
Or that Edwards threw a terrible pass
Or that the defense allowed 8 points in the final 20 seconds
Or that JP missed a wide open Evans for a TD against Denver in the final minutes

But it is the coaches fault for

Not punting and instead trying a 54 yard FG right before half that gave Dallas excellent field position.

Playing a soft defense against Dallas on the final 2 plays.

Calling a pass play against Denver, when taking time off the clock was important.

OpIv37
10-18-2007, 09:44 AM
It's not all the coaching fault. I blame the players more. They are the ones who didn't execute.

It's not the coaches fault that Lindell missed a 54 yard FG before halftime against Dallas
Or that JP missed a wide open Evans for a TD against Denver in the final minutes

Not punting and instead trying a 54 yard FG right before half that gave Dallas excellent field position.

Calling a pass play against Denver, when taking time off the clock was important.

I blame the players for not executing but I blame the coaches for not putting them in a position where executing would have made a difference.

Oaf
10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
And on the topic itself, I don't see excessive repeating at all other than a larger division between Losman and Edwards supporters.

The one thing I have seen repeated a lot recently is the sentiment that "As a Bills fan, I will root my hardest no matter who plays and what decisions are made," which is noble, but repetitive.

Just wondering Pride, what should we talk about instead of the several issues that face this team?

Oaf
10-18-2007, 09:54 AM
:yle:
Great points though. I really can't understand why everyone's *****ing and no one's just going to games feeling completely satisfied and thankful that we have such a great team in our fair city.

Yeah.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 10:00 AM

Many of the players are simply outmatched on the field TD. It's tough to blame some stiff boxer that doesn't win vs. a ranked one.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 10:01 AM
And on the topic itself, I don't see excessive repeating at all other than a larger division between Losman and Edwards supporters.

The one thing I have seen repeated a lot recently is the sentiment that "As a Bills fan, I will root my hardest no matter who plays and what decisions are made," which is noble, but repetitive.

Just wondering Pride, what should we talk about instead of the several issues that face this team?

Several. LOL

They would be justified in renaming this team the Buffalo Issues.

raphael120
10-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Some people amaze me.

"Hey let's think of some positives of that dude being on fire"

"well...least he's not cold!"

We're 1-4 people.

Deal with the negativity when our record is well below .500 and we had one of the most hurtful regular season losses ever.

Just amazing how people are whining over this. If you want positivity, go to the Sabres websites, they at least have many positives.

BlackMetalNinja
10-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Just amazing how people are whining over this. If you want positivity, go to the Sabres websites, they at least have many positives.

You wouldn't know it by reading the Sabres Zone here...

Philagape
10-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I agree, up until the last part... with which I agree, but for a different reason.

You're right, it doesn't take a lot of insight to know which threads have these kinds of opinions...

Because it has become EVERY SINGLE THREAD that has them now! Some try to start positive threads to express that viewpoint, those threads get cluttered with the same negativity.

Negativity is a fact of life on a message board, especially one about a team that's given us so much negativity. People who want to stay here have to accept it.

evol4276
10-18-2007, 11:07 AM
its jus fun to complain about things like you can do anything about it and like you can tell it to anybody who matter in the organization. i guess its better than just dealing with it like we're going to have to anyways, whining or not. that actually doesnt bug me in all honesty, what bugs me is the bills "fans" who make names just to come on, and do nothing post after post after post but rip a new hole into the same topic in every single thread, no matter if the topic of the thread is completely different. kinda like the JP doomers who call people who dont htink 100% the same way they do about him "lickers". its quite nice really makes it real fun to post on here with an open opinion anymore

Historian
10-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Wasn't it you Pride, who didn't renew your seats (GREAT seats, BTW) because the team wasn't headed in the right direction?

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Some people amaze me.

"Hey let's think of some positives of that dude being on fire"

"well...least he's not cold!"

We're 1-4 people.

Deal with the negativity when our record is well below .500 and we had one of the most hurtful regular season losses ever.

Soon to be 1-5 then no better than 3-9 if we can beat both Miami and the Jets on the road. And it's not a good sign when there's even the remotest doubt as to whether or not we can beat a couple of teams such as the Jets and Fins. I predict that we lose to one or both of them.

It wouldn't be a surprise however to take another game elsewhere. Heck, even the worst teams beat a great one in poor seasons. The year that the Cowboys were 1-15 they beat a very excellent Skins team as their lone win. The Skins and other teams have done the same.

raphael120
10-18-2007, 11:50 AM
How many people are willing to bet we won't have the "awesome" turn aaround we had after the bye week last year?

Then again, how much worse could we get?

It baffles me how our defense, who has all the excuses in the world to really suck, is the side of the ball that is exciting, keeping us in games, making big plays, and making up for the shortcomings of our offense.

Our offense with alllll the money in the oline, with the rookie sensation Lynch who is such a weapon as a reciever (yeah when will we see that?), top 5 WR Evans, blah blah blah...our offense just makes me wanna puke. :puke:

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 11:54 AM
The ironic thing is that this team does have the talent to perhaps be a 5 or 6 win team given the schedule with good coaching. Even Belichick couldn't coach this present team much beyond that however. We'll be lucky to see 3 or 4.

Frankly, we got utterly outplayed in the fundamentals in both the Dallas game and Denver game and deserved to win neither. Yet, ironically the coaching still lost both games.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Actually we'll be unlucky to win three or four. Lucky would be to finish 1-15 and at least have a shot at a first overall draft pick.

Not that we'd make a good decision there, or that we're one high draft pick away from doing much of anything, just saying.

Pride
10-18-2007, 12:37 PM
I didnt renew my seats because after 1 season of season tix, I recognized how hard it was for someone living 6 hours away to get to more than 3 games a year. Having season tickets to attend 3 games (out of 10 paid for) doesn't make much sense. I still attend 3 games a year, but now I just buy individual seats instead of seasons.

The last buffalo fan
10-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Ok people, now it's time to SHUT UP and support your home ****ing team. If you don't want it, then it's time to **** off!!! :gobills:

jamze132
10-18-2007, 01:51 PM

I think were way to fickle on this board.So how many times are you going to give Dick a muligan for his suckass coaching style? The guy is a chokemaster who has no ability to make the correct in-game decision and it shows every ****ing week!

jamze132
10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Actually we'll be unlucky to win three or four. Lucky would be to finish 1-15 and at least have a shot at a first overall draft pick.

Not that we'd make a good decision there, or that we're one high draft pick away from doing much of anything, just saying.
Why don't you enlighten is as to what Buffalo would/could have done with the #1 overall pick last year. And if you can't do that, who should we have drafted instead of the players we did draft? I just want a little insight into what Wys thinks we should do on draft day.

I have many complaints about this team but drafting is probably near the bottom of my extrememly long list. Besides, the draft is such a ****ing crap shoot anyways.

RedEyE
10-18-2007, 02:09 PM
It's so easy to hate when the Bills are losing. This last lost was especially hard to swallow because of the way the Bills lost, and the fact that the Bills were truley the better team out on the field that night. But we need to keep things in to prespective. Most of us counted the Bills out of that game anyway. It was impressive they could hang for that long and fans should find some peace in that. They gained the respect of so many throughout the league.

With that being said, I expect this kind of thing from a message board. Ranting at the house to your wife or crying about it daily to coworkers tends to be slightly unrealistic.

Imagine this board had the Bills actually have beaten the Cowboys. There would be a lot of Jauron leg humping going on right now.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Why don't you enlighten is as to what Buffalo would/could have done with the #1 overall pick last year. And if you can't do that, who should we have drafted instead of the players we did draft? I just want a little insight into what Wys thinks we should do on draft day.

I have many complaints about this team but drafting is probably near the bottom of my extrememly long list. Besides, the draft is such a ****ing crap shoot anyways.

It's even more of a craps shoot when you have the Bills' front office.

I agree with you that a draft is largely a craps shoot but the concept still holds, that if you draft a WR you're not going to turn him into an OT. Etc.

I'm not going to spend half an hour getting into draft strategies here, I've done that ad nauseum and I just don't have the umph anymore after having been dried arid by this team. Suffice it to say that if you're the Pats or Colts you have other draft strategies open up to you. We apply those when we have no business applying them. We first need a core team which we still don't have to this date.

Here's a clue; you don't go drafting "best athlete" if you have a slew of other starting holes unfilled. You just don't. Naturally we do.

So generally speaking, what I'd do on draft day is draft positions where we have starting needs, not where we just stocked a bunch and because some a$$-clown in the organization decides that another DT or DB in backup is more important than a starting OL, or LB just for example.

Besides, who cares. Like I said, this team is so far away from correcting their issues than one draft that it's literally a black comedy if you want to stay sane about it.

Evans is as good as gone now. So that leaves us with what precisely for WRs in the future?

Our line needs perpetual help. Not like it'd be a great idea to fire McNally or anything to see how good some of the linemen really are when they finally have a decent coach or anything. Nah, that makes too much sense and just isn't in accordance with team GOP.

Anyway, I'm not going to write a thousand words more b/c I just don't care frankly.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 02:11 PM
It's so easy to hate when the Bills are losing. This last lost was hard to swallow because the Bills were truley the better team that night. But most of us counted the Bills out of that game anyway. I was impressive they could hang for that long and fans should find some peace in that. They gained the so much respect of many throughout the league.

I expect this kind of thing from a message board. Ranting at the house to your wife or crying about it daily to coworkers tends to be slightly unrealistic.

Imagine this board had the Bills actually have beaten the Cowboys. There would be a lot of Jauron leg humping going on right now.

I don't know who's "hating." I for one am merely being critical.

It's not the losing Red Eye, it's the constant support this team gets from us, the fans, its fans and then the half-hearted, lackadaisical, nonsensical, bogus, ridiculous, and reprehensible effort that this team actually makes to reward those same fans.

Then like clockwork, Wilson raises the "you'd better buy tickets or else the team will move" flag, again, indirectly, as if we're just supposed to say "how high" when he, or Levy, or anyone else at OBD says "jump!"

Many fans are clearly now seeing that this team is not going to be in Buffalo in ten years and it may not even be here in '10. My prediction was that '10 would be its last season in Buffalo as well. With the recent news items about games in Toronto, it simply isn't good news.

Fans feel betrayed. Most fans can see what's wrong, but they are forced to sit in the stands and watch what goes on with this team led by people making millions, or at least hundreds of thousands, and while any person even remotely informed about football knows what to do, the so-called "leaders" of this team from Wilson on down cannot lead the team with even the astuteness or wisdom of a casual fan.

I hate to break it to everyone that thought the Bronco and Denver games were so close was due to the team, but it was due to them, the fans. That's right, the 12th man. If either of those games had been played on the road I think it's safe to say that we don't even come close in either. As it was the tandem hung nearly 800 yards of offense on us while we put up barely half of that.

Fans are now only beginning to sense the reality that this team is not long for this region and merely looking back and feeling somewhat foolish, in many cases, as to how and why they were so blindly loyal for a couple of incompetents running this team with the full blessing of its owner over the past 7 seasons and counting. It is setting current ongoing records for playoff futility both in appearances and wins. While the Bills may not in fact be the worst team this season, they are certainly the worst or second worst over say the last 7 years or so all things considered.

If someone were to have told you seven years ago that this is where we'd be, and that the team would play in Buffalo another 3-5 seasons beyond this, which now seems accurate, with no further hopes of seeing good football during that time, then what would you have done? What would all the other fans have done?

I can tell you what a good number of them would have done, and that's deal with it and move on and do whatever they'd do while when the team officially moves. Since we don't know the future, there's always been hope.

But while the fans have given all, money, time, paid parking, tickets, screamed themselves to the status of the league's best fans at least when their team is concerned at games, so on and so forth, the team hasn't done anything even remotely close. Risky moves, trading up and wasting draft picks for the likes of below average players, thinking that they know better than the collective wisdom of NFL history, "seeing things that no one else sees," etc. are the characteristics of this franchise.

Anyway, now that the reality is sinking in, many fans are irritated that they wasted their time, money, and emotions on a team that simply hasn't performed for reasons of a lack of a sincere effort when it all boils down to it. And "not understanding that it wasn't a sincere effort" by hiring people that never should have been entrusted with whatever aspects of this team that they were entrusted with is absolutely no excuse.

Novacane
10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
because of people like you

No. Because of people like Dick Jauron. Anyone who says there is no QB controversy is smokin it

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Wasn't it you Pride, who didn't renew your seats (GREAT seats, BTW) because the team wasn't headed in the right direction?

I didnt renew my seats because after 1 season of season tix, I recognized how hard it was for someone living 6 hours away to get to more than 3 games a year. Having season tickets to attend 3 games (out of 10 paid for) doesn't make much sense. I still attend 3 games a year, but now I just buy individual seats instead of seasons.

In all fairness BO, short for Billsology, :D, "not buying tickets" isn't the same as what Pride is saying.

There are other ways to support the team besides with one's money. That's the problem with many here, they equate money with support. This is a business. Put out a product that someone wants and they'll pay for it, for stuff/merchandise.

Even so, Pride says he'll buy tix or has and just individuals, not STs. When I cancelled my STs I told the team exactly why and told them that when they get serious, so will I. I would gladly purchase another four or half-dozen STs if the team began winning. But they don't and won't.

Otherwise the fans will keep their money, time, and resources, and simply support the team otherwise, namely by just being a fan and rooting them on on TV.

Unfortunately it's the team that hasn't left them much to root for. Seriously, what, 4th downs when Moorman comes on, KRs and PRs, and what else? Those are hardly things that entice people into spending time and money to come to the stadium to watch the game when they can do it at home for free.

Kind of a risk-reward thing.

RedEyE
10-18-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't know who's "hating." I for one am merely being critical.

It's not the losing Red Eye, it's the constant support this team gets from us, the fans, its fans and then the half-hearted, lackadaisical, nonsensical, bogus, ridiculous, and reprehensible effort that this team actually makes to reward those same fans.

Then like clockwork, Wilson raises the "you'd better buy tickets or else the team will move" flag, again, indirectly, as if we're just supposed to say "how high" when he, or Levy, or anyone else at OBD says "jump!"

Many fans are clearly now seeing that this team is not going to be in Buffalo in ten years and it may not even be here in '10. My prediction was that '10 would be its last season in Buffalo as well. With the recent news items about games in Toronto, it simply isn't good news.

Fans feel betrayed. Most fans can see what's wrong, but they are forced to sit in the stands and watch what goes on with this team led by people making millions, or at least hundreds of thousands, and while any person even remotely informed about football knows what to do, the so-called "leaders" of this team from Wilson on down cannot lead the team with even the astuteness or wisdom of a casual fan.

I hate to break it to everyone that thought the Bronco and Denver games were so close was due to the team, but it was due to them, the fans. That's right, the 12th man. If either of those games had been played on the road I think it's safe to say that we don't even come close in either. As it was the tandem hung nearly 800 yards of offense on us while we put up barely half of that.

Fans are now only beginning to sense the reality that this team is not long for this region and merely looking back and feeling somewhat foolish, in many cases, as to how and why they were so blindly loyal for a couple of incompetents running this team with the full blessing of its owner over the past 7 seasons and counting. It is setting current ongoing records for playoff futility both in appearances and wins. While the Bills may not in fact be the worst team this season, they are certainly the worst or second worst over say the last 7 years or so all things considered.

If someone were to have told you seven years ago that this is where we'd be, and that the team would play in Buffalo another 3-5 seasons beyond this, which now seems accurate, with no further hopes of seeing good football during that time, then what would you have done? What would all the other fans have done?

I can tell you what a good number of them would have done, and that's deal with it and move on and do whatever they'd do while when the team officially moves. Since we don't know the future, there's always been hope.

But while the fans have given all, money, time, paid parking, tickets, screamed themselves to the status of the league's best fans at least when their team is concerned at games, so on and so forth, the team hasn't done anything even remotely close. Risky moves, trading up and wasting draft picks for the likes of below average players, thinking that they know better than the collective wisdom of NFL history, "seeing things that no one else sees," etc. are the characteristics of this franchise.

Anyway, now that the reality is sinking in, many fans are irritated that they wasted their time, money, and emotions on a team that simply hasn't performed for reasons of a lack of a sincere effort when it all boils down to it. And "not understanding that it wasn't a sincere effort" by hiring people that never should have been entrusted with whatever aspects of this team that they were entrusted with is absolutely no excuse.

I wasn't pointing a finger at you. I'm merely relaying it to whomever can relate. I for one surely can.

YardRat
10-18-2007, 07:26 PM

Stop Willis. Pressure Boller into mistakes. Score points offensively.

Greer looks capable of starting. Maybe Edwards and Gaines, also. McCargo is playing well. Wilson I'll take a wait-and-see approach on for a few more games.

Lets talk about what we would do differently than the coaches, rather than focus on how much they suck.

I'd take the quick screen to receiver out of the playbook. The reverse to Roscoe, also. Next time I have a chance to score deep in enemy territory and go up by more than one score, I'd take my chances, run on third down, and if Lynch doesn't get in kick the field goal. If I'm leading late in the game by three points or less and my opponent has the ball with no TO's left, I'd make damn sure my defense knows to keep them away from the sidelines. I'd put somebody that can catch on the onside kick protection team.

Lets talk about sex baby!

If you were shelby, or kini, etc I'd say OK but you're just not my type. Sorry.

Lets talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be...

Drop in on the Spin Zone once in awhile...it's pretty much covered in there.

Typ0
10-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks I agree.... Way too much bashing.... People need to realize that this team just doesnt have all the personnel to win consistently right now. And we have several players in key positions that are either new to the system or are 1st or second year players.

How bout we give our coaches and players a chance to build together because thats the only way we will ever win. All these changes that ppl want made will only set us back. At least we are building something here, its just not done yet. Give it time.

I've got to hand it to you for properly placing blame on the people who expected playoffs and are now dejected into incessant whining defeatism. Maybe someone should point out to the people who think our team totally sucks due to coaching if we don't run a Mike Martz offense with medicre receivers that we have pretty much been in every game exept the PATS who are going to hand it to everyone and are two plays away from being right where we were last season a game behind a playoff spot along with a whole slew of another teams except for this time we have what is probably the most difficult schedule in the league instead of the late season cake walk we had last year. Sorry about the run on, I'm quite passionately pissed about the crap that goes on in peoples heads who call themselves fans or homers but can't get a grip at all.

Historian
10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
If thats the case, then my bad.

I just seem to remember Josh saying that he wasn't renewing due to the fact that the product on the field was inferior.

I thought The_Pridester was one of them. And the reason I thought he was, is because I used to tailgate with him.

I do like your "market approach" to the team though WYS:

Inferior product on the field: WYS Pays 1/2 for a scalped ticket.

Winning team: Full price season tix

;)