PDA

View Full Version : Writing on th wall...

JPFBillsFan
10-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Week 1 of the RW, Marv (though I think it is still PR) GM regime they started discarding TDonahoe's people. They paid a ton to bring in Nall to replace JP, and he couldn't, they kept Holcomb think JP would slip and lose his job. Now it was pretty clear on draft day, with so many holes on this team they thought so highly of this kid to take him with a 3rd pick, that it's pretty obvious where this was headed.

RW's strategy going into this season was to make sure JP didn't succeed and earn his performance bonuses and get his ext. Let him start the first 3 games and he'll play himself out of the job. Well sorta. Game's 1 and 2 the game plan resembled nothing from last season's season ending success. Game 3 play 1 JP's done. Enter the "Golden Boy" and the Cost Effective player they wanted to play all along.

I agree TE has better pocket presence, and seem more accurate in short yardage passes, but I HATE WATCHING CHAD PENNINGTON.

I for one feel JP's been done wrong and hope he goes somewhere else and has a great career.

RW and OBD is our worst enemy, not Miami, not NE, not anyone else.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Let him start the first 3 games and he'll play himself out of the job. Well sorta. Game's 1 and 2 the game plan resembled nothing from last season's season ending success.

Go re-watch week 16/17 and tell me that last season ended in success.

They paid a ton to bring in Nall to replace JP, and he couldn't They did? I thought he was brought in to be the backup.

they kept Holcomb think JP would slip and lose his job. Is that why the "QB Competition" last year was setup in a way that JP would win and Holcomb would fail? Hell, Holcomb got 1 or 2 series against Carolina the first pre-season game and then from there on it was all JP. I don't even remember if Nall played a down.

RW's strategy going into this season was to make sure JP didn't succeed and earn his performance bonuses and get his ext. How much did Ralph pay Schobel, Dockery, Walker, Kelsay this year? Im sure he's not too worried about JP's performance bonus.

People amaze me. JP has no one to blame but himself. He has been given many chances to succeed.

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
I for one feel JP's been done wrong and hope he goes somewhere else and has a great career.

Co Captain Lee Evans might not be far behind him. When they both leave, back to REBUILDING again. When is Parrish's contract up? He's another TD hire who might get tired of this oraganization and just want to play for a contender.

raphael120
10-18-2007, 10:17 AM
People wonder why we arent bringin in FA.

If you were a big shot FA would you really want to come to Buffalo? Really?

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 10:19 AM

you'd have to overpay like Dockery and Walker.

Mahdi
10-18-2007, 10:30 AM

Good I dont want FAs. The best units dont have FAs on them.

OpIv37
10-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Good I dont want FAs. The best units dont have FAs on them.

yeah, the Pats don't have Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Sammy Morris, Kyle Brady, Adalius Thomas, Rosevelt Colvin, Mike Vrabel, Junior Seau.....

I don't know where this myth came from that the Pats did it through the draft- they built the core through the draft but they've certainly gotten help from FA's.

Mahdi
10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
yeah, the Pats don't have Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Sammy Morris, Kyle Brady, Adalius Thomas, Rosevelt Colvin, Mike Vrabel, Junior Seau.....

I don't know where this myth came from that the Pats did it through the draft- they built the core through the draft but they've certainly gotten help from FA's.
Thats the Pats,,,, and that situation rarely happens. There arent many Randy Moss's around the league available for 4th round picks. And the Pats won superbowls when the had their own guys,,, maybe they win this year and maybe they dont, but they not going to be able to keep all these guys for very long. They have a core in place where they can pull of getting all those FAs and keep rolling along not just any team can do that. Im much more impressed with what the Colts have done. They lose players to FA and replace with their own and still win.

trapezeus
10-18-2007, 10:46 AM

True Op, but they've "won" their Superbowls*** without free agent help. you acknowledge that above. But this year seems kind of like the Pat's last run at glory. they know a bunch of key guys are aging and they've played in the playoffs every year since 2002. So they've aged even more, football wise from playing an extra 4 games a year at a higher intensity.

Mahdi
10-18-2007, 11:27 AM
True Op, but they've "won" their Superbowls*** without free agent help. you acknowledge that above. But this year seems kind of like the Pat's last run at glory. they know a bunch of key guys are aging and they've played in the playoffs every year since 2002. So they've aged even more, football wise from playing an extra 4 games a year at a higher intensity.
I dont know about a last run at glory,,, I mean they are fairly young on their OL and DL still which is what makes them competitive every year. They keep their lines together and they have those guys locked up for at least the next 4 years. However it is their last run at dominance in this fashion. Moss will want a bigger contract, Stallworth will demand money somewhere he's only on a one year contract I believe, they are aging at LB though but they can fix that through the draft. Assante Samuel is most likely gone next year also. So although they wont dominate this way next year most likely, they will still continue to make the playoffs.

I think the model the Colts are using is the one we are striving for and I really dont think we are so far off. Just missing a couple pieces.

acehole
10-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Thanks I said some of these things in other posts...but I think you are right on...

Week 1 of the RW, Marv (though I think it is still PR) GM regime they started discarding TDonahoe's people. They paid a ton to bring in Nall to replace JP, and he couldn't, they kept Holcomb think JP would slip and lose his job. Now it was pretty clear on draft day, with so many holes on this team they thought so highly of this kid to take him with a 3rd pick, that it's pretty obvious where this was headed.

RW's strategy going into this season was to make sure JP didn't succeed and earn his performance bonuses and get his ext. Let him start the first 3 games and he'll play himself out of the job. Well sorta. Game's 1 and 2 the game plan resembled nothing from last season's season ending success. Game 3 play 1 JP's done. Enter the "Golden Boy" and the Cost Effective player they wanted to play all along.

I agree TE has better pocket presence, and seem more accurate in short yardage passes, but I HATE WATCHING CHAD PENNINGTON.

RW and OBD is our worst enemy, not Miami, not NE, not anyone else.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 03:05 PM

Agreed and you can even throw in Corey Dillon, although he was involved in a trade.

But let's not forget that they made most luckiest draft pick in the history the 6th round a few years ago. No one thought anything of Tom Brady so I am not going to praise the Patriots for them drafting him. If they thought he would do anything remotely good, they would have taken him earlier.

If a day 2 pick turns out to be pretty good,, consider yourself lucky and not a genious for drafting him.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 03:11 PM
you'd have to overpay like Dockery and Walker.
We do now.