PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so who thought that Ed Kilgore was the most accurate Bills journalist weeks ago?

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Here's the link to his Bills predictions piece for this season that was referred to back then;

http://www.wgrz.com/news/columnist/blogs/staffblogs/Kilgore/2007/07/are-bills-nfls-sleeper-in-2007.html

Are Bills NFL's Sleeper in 2007???

Yeah Ed, the Bills are the NFL's sleeper team.

So let's see how Ed has fared so far in his predictions, some of which are excerpted here, shall we:

Prediction: I think there is legitimate reason to think this will be a .500 season or even better

Well Ed, in order to meet the most minimal of your predictions the Bills now need to go 7-4.

Prediction: First the obvious; J.P. Losman is beginning to look like the real deal

Yeah, the notion that the offense is scoring even less than last season's offense with an "improved" line sure proves that, eh.

Statement: Dick Jauron, and by extension gm Marv Levy, seems to grasp...

Nothing Ed. They seem to grasp nothing. The only thing that they do grasp is "at straws" now in order to salvage whatever's left of Levy's brief stint as a GM and what is shaping up as a clinic on a "How Not To..." book, and the beginning of Jauron's second career as a defensive coordinator.

Don't fall out of your chair laughing warning: By the way, the continuation of that statement was, "...that concept much better than Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams before him."

Kudos for all: Throw Ralph Wilson in there too, because he's the one who had to write the check to sign free agent left guard Derrick Dockery to the 7-year, $49 million dollar that included a $13 million signing bonus.

While Dockery's signing was an eye-opener in terms of the money, virtually all football people think he will instantly upgrade an inconsistant offensive line.

Right tackle Langston Walker was another $25 million over five years, and while he isn't regarded the "sure thing" Dockery is, he'll be an upgrade at the very least.

Oh don't worry Ed. We've included Ralph in this deal too. Don't you worry there.

Prediction: The hidden gem in the whole deal is left tackle Jason Peters, now signed long term and clearly a player who will be coveted by others -- if not already -- very soon.

Prediction: I think you'll see Jauron and Fairchild use veteran rb Anthony Thomas and rookie Dwayne Wright quite a bit as well

Averaging 2.6 carries per game between them.

Prediction: Ok, so the offense should be better, and maybe a whole LOT better.

The offense is in fact worse.

Prediction: Angelo Crowell is ready to an impact player on the outside.

Uh, ... no.

Prediction: Ashton Youboty should also play, and maybe even beat him [Webster] out, with Kiwaukee Thomas seeing plenty of action as well.

Prediction: Saving the "best" for last, I think Dick Jauron was very, very solid in guiding a team in some turmoil to a 7-9 season that could have been even better with a break or two.

Jauron, kind of like Losman and many others on this Bills team, is mostly overlooked and underrated going into this season.

That won't be the case when this season ends, barring injuries, and while New England is clearly the class of the AFC East (and NFL for that matter), this young Bills team will make the fans who are buying up all the tickets look pretty smart, as I see it.

LOL

I realize that at least one of my predictions is horribly off, namely Evans setting team records, but this should put to rest any notion that Kilgore even understands this team. It's also proof that whomever says the most positive about a team prior to the season is haled as a "genius" or similar by a large subsection of homer fans.

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Did any of you predict injuries? No. So I don't think neither of you deserve any "I told you so's"

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Ed Kilgore is no Mark Weiler.

Dr. Lecter
10-18-2007, 10:26 AM
I realize that at least one of my predictions is horribly off, namely Evans setting team records, but this should put to rest any notion that Kilgore even understands this team. It's also proof that whomever says the most positive about a team prior to the season is haled as a "genius" or similar by a large subsection of homer fans.

Hey, I know of two other predictions that are off as of right now. :D

LtBillsFan66
10-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey, I know of two other predictions that are off as of right now. :D

Bryson? Mark Campbell? Travis Brown?

Bulldog
10-18-2007, 11:26 AM

Are you that desperate for attention and a pat on the back that you started a thread about this? Only if all of us could be as brilliant as Wys. Honest to god some of you people need to get a life.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Are you that desperate for attention and a pat on the back that you started a thread about this? Only if all of us could be as brilliant as Wys. Honest to god some of you people need to get a life.

I don't believe that there was much of a reference to me in there Bulldog. Do you dislike my takes that much that if someone posts a thread about the water quality in WNY that somehow I come up as someone that at one time took a leak on the edge of some local river.

Just commenting on all of the kudos for Kilgore about a month-plus ago.

Why, upset that you agreed with him or something?

Shouldn't be getting to you like this if in fact you thought otherwise. '

;)

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Ed Kilgore is no Mark Weiler.

No, he certainly isn't, is he!

Thanks for acknowledging that at least. /sarcasm

;)

Bulldog
10-18-2007, 11:46 AM
I don't believe that there was much of a reference to me in there Bulldog. Do you dislike my takes that much that if someone posts a thread about the water quality in WNY that somehow I come up as someone that at one time took a leak on the edge of some local river.

Just commenting on all of the kudos for Kilgore about a month-plus ago.

Why, upset that you agreed with him or something?

Shouldn't be getting to you like this if in fact you thought otherwise. '

;)

I don't seem to recall posting anything in that thread your referencing. Do we need to go back and pull up the threads with some of your wonderful predictions in them? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. What really annoys me is people who come on here all high and mighty and spout off at the mouth about how wise and knowledgable they are. Am I supposed to be impressed with the fact that you write terrible articles for some web site that nobody even knows about? I know that I can more than hold my own when discussing football, as can a lot of the people that post on here.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't seem to recall posting anything in that thread your referencing. Do we need to go back and pull up the threads with some of your wonderful predictions in them? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. What really annoys me is people who come on here all high and mighty and spout off at the mouth about how wise and knowledgable they are. Am I supposed to be impressed with the fact that you write terrible articles for some web site that nobody even knows about? I know that I can more than hold my own when discussing football, as can a lot of the people that post on here.

Please! Feel free Bulldog.

In fact, how about going right to my site where it's all laid out in black and white and far more accessible without wasting your time sorting through stuff.

Care to go toe-to-toe on just about anything imaginable re: this team??

I'm happy to have a season-long point-counterpoint with you. The forum within which we conduct it would need to be isolated to just the two of us however. Other than that you can choose the "playing arena."

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 11:52 AM
And on that note, either take me up on my offer or just relegate yourself to the background on taking me on directly.

Mitchy moo
10-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Ed tried to make us all feel better from fate somehow F-in up all of our miserable lives, for that he deserves a pass.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Ed tried to make us all feel better from fate somehow F-in up all of our miserable lives, for that he deserves a pass.

At this point "trying to make us feel better" would be tantamount to just sending all season ticket holders a five-gallon drum of morphine and a bottle of Grenadine.

Covering this debacle up is now disservice to fans.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Do we need to go back and pull up the threads with some of your wonderful predictions in them? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. What really annoys me is people who come on here all high and mighty and spout off at the mouth about how wise and knowledgable they are. Am I supposed to be impressed with the fact that you write terrible articles for some web site that nobody even knows about? I know that I can more than hold my own when discussing football, as can a lot of the people that post on here.

BTW Bulldog, didn't I give you a chance to lay out your season long predictions right up there with me, right here in this forum?

I'll help you out; Yes. Yes I did. I don't recall you chiming in I'm most sorry to report.

So why should I even give you the time of day on this?

Buffatexas
10-18-2007, 12:12 PM

Let me ask you something Wys...

I clicked that link and there was 0 comments attached. Where is this so called proof you mention about the "homer fans" idolizing people who have a positive outlook prior to the season?

And something else too...

Regarding Ed Kilgore or anyone else from the media. What the heck do you expect them to say knowing that everyone in the Buffalo metro is listening? The Bills suck, their qb sucks, their defense sucks and so on. They would be run out this town quicker that you know what. And regarding Losman having a breakout year prediction, well I think almost everyone thought that after the last half of the season last year.

Bulldog
10-18-2007, 12:12 PM
BTW Bulldog, didn't I give you a chance to lay out your season long predictions right up there with me, right here in this forum?

I'll help you out; Yes. Yes I did. I don't recall you chiming in I'm most sorry to report.

So why should I even give you the time of day on this?

I don't really care if you want to give me the time of day on this. I really could care less about you or your 50 page articles where you spin the same crap over and over again. Any time you want to have a discussion about the Bills, let me know. And because I chose not to post in "your" precious little prediction thread, some how my opinions become off base or irrelevant? You think way too highly of yourself Mr. Weiler. You are the very definition of arrogance. Care to enlighten me with what qualifies you to talk down to others and dismiss their thoughts that differ from your own as drivel?

THATHURMANATOR
10-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Here's the link to his Bills predictions piece for this season that was referred to back then;

http://www.wgrz.com/news/columnist/blogs/staffblogs/Kilgore/2007/07/are-bills-nfls-sleeper-in-2007.html

Are Bills NFL's Sleeper in 2007???

Yeah Ed, the Bills are the NFL's sleeper team.

So let's see how Ed has fared so far in his predictions, some of which are excerpted here, shall we:

Prediction: I think there is legitimate reason to think this will be a .500 season or even better

Well Ed, in order to meet the most minimal of your predictions the Bills now need to go 7-4.

Prediction: First the obvious; J.P. Losman is beginning to look like the real deal

Yeah, the notion that the offense is scoring even less than last season's offense with an "improved" line sure proves that, eh.

Statement: Dick Jauron, and by extension gm Marv Levy, seems to grasp...

Nothing Ed. They seem to grasp nothing. The only thing that they do grasp is "at straws" now in order to salvage whatever's left of Levy's brief stint as a GM and what is shaping up as a clinic on a "How Not To..." book, and the beginning of Jauron's second career as a defensive coordinator.

Don't fall out of your chair laughing warning: By the way, the continuation of that statement was, "...that concept much better than Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams before him."

Kudos for all: Throw Ralph Wilson in there too, because he's the one who had to write the check to sign free agent left guard Derrick Dockery to the 7-year, $49 million dollar that included a $13 million signing bonus.

While Dockery's signing was an eye-opener in terms of the money, virtually all football people think he will instantly upgrade an inconsistant offensive line.

Right tackle Langston Walker was another $25 million over five years, and while he isn't regarded the "sure thing" Dockery is, he'll be an upgrade at the very least.

Oh don't worry Ed. We've included Ralph in this deal too. Don't you worry there.

Prediction: The hidden gem in the whole deal is left tackle Jason Peters, now signed long term and clearly a player who will be coveted by others -- if not already -- very soon.

Prediction: I think you'll see Jauron and Fairchild use veteran rb Anthony Thomas and rookie Dwayne Wright quite a bit as well

Averaging 2.6 carries per game between them.

Prediction: Ok, so the offense should be better, and maybe a whole LOT better.

The offense is in fact worse.

Prediction: Angelo Crowell is ready to an impact player on the outside.

Uh, ... no.

Prediction: Ashton Youboty should also play, and maybe even beat him [Webster] out, with Kiwaukee Thomas seeing plenty of action as well.

Prediction: Saving the "best" for last, I think Dick Jauron was very, very solid in guiding a team in some turmoil to a 7-9 season that could have been even better with a break or two.

Jauron, kind of like Losman and many others on this Bills team, is mostly overlooked and underrated going into this season.

That won't be the case when this season ends, barring injuries, and while New England is clearly the class of the AFC East (and NFL for that matter), this young Bills team will make the fans who are buying up all the tickets look pretty smart, as I see it.

LOL

Well Wys we really could easily be 3-2 right now but I do see what you are saying.

Mitchy moo
10-18-2007, 12:14 PM
At this point "trying to make us feel better" would be tantamount to just sending all season ticket holders a five-gallon drum of morphine and a bottle of Grenadine.

We would need a big IV bag for that, lol.