PDA

View Full Version : Evans is becoming Moulds II

OpIv37
10-18-2007, 10:25 AM
He's a great receiver with the potential to be one of the all-time greats who's being held back by inconsistency at QB and moron coaches.

It's only a matter of time before he loses it and starts running his mouth like Moulds did. Don't forget that Evans was here for the end of Moulds' career and saw what happened to him. I doubt Evans will stick around and let the organization ruin his career with their incompetence like they did with Moulds.

This is the whole problem with the "build through the draft" strategy- it takes too damn long and you end up wasting talent because you don't have the other pieces in place to utilize it. By the time we get any stability at QB, Evans will either be old, gone or disgruntled and bitter.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 10:37 AM
If Edwards show's signs that he might be the future, I could see the Bills using their 1st round pick on the WR position in next years draft.

Is there any WR out there that would be considered a Top 7 pick?

Luisito23
10-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Good point OP, although I do believe Lee is overrated, besided his speed I haven't really seen anything special out of him...He's a good reciever no doubt, I just don't think he's superstar status......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

raphael120
10-18-2007, 10:38 AM
If I was him I'd be pissed too. He is ultimately going to leave if things arent straight by the time the end of the season comes around. And all this year is doing is lessening the hype he had at the beginning of this season, so his next contract aint going to be so big.

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Dick and MArv's era depends on whether they are getting the qb situation right. If they stick with Edwards and it turns out to be the wrong decision, we'll have to go back and draft another one and start all over again.

mybills
10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
If Edwards show's signs that he might be the future,
What's this "if" and "might be" stuff? I thought you you were positive he's the one?
:chuckle:

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Dick and MArv's era depends on whether they are getting the qb situation right. If they stick with Edwards and it turns out to be the wrong decision, we'll have to go back and draft another one and start all over again.

Maybe they came to the conclusion already that Losman is not the future so now they are giving Edwards a chance this season to see if he is the future.

If Edwards shows that he also is not the future then they will use their Top 7 pick on the next QB who could be the future.

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Good point OP, although I do believe Lee is overrated, besided his speed I haven't really seen anything special out of him...He's a good reciever no doubt, I just don't think he's superstar status......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
Funny how things change. Last of season we're calling for him to be extended. Now he's nothing special and over rated.

Let's face it, if Steve Smith was here instead of Lee, he'd be nothing special. We could've brought in Moss and we wouldn't be able to ressurect his career like the pats have.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 10:44 AM
What's this "if" and "might be" stuff? I thought you you were positive he's the one?

Link?

I have not praised Edwards that much at all.

Just because I think that someone is better than JP Losman doesn't mean that he is the "one". It doesn't take much to be better than Mr. Losman.

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Maybe they came to the conclusion already that Losman is not the future so now they are giving Edwards a chance this season to see if he is the future..the missed out on Cutler.

If Edwards shows that he also is not the future then they will use their Top 7 pick on the next QB who could be the future. and we're back to square one. Players will be coming and going for teams that are stable.

What should've been a 2-3 year rebuild will be another ten years if the bills are still even in Buffalo.

PECKERWOOD
10-18-2007, 10:45 AM

He is positive that Edwards is the one when it comes to replacing Losman but in any other situation he is unsure. Talk about hatred.

mybills
10-18-2007, 10:48 AM
or..
it could be that the knee just isn't 100% healthy. JP may feel ok, but if the doctors say no, he can't play. We know he practiced with the brace on, but did they ever take it off? And if so, did he seem any better to them without it off? I haven't seen any reports on that, so I don't know the full story. Therefore, I'm not gonna buy that they're trying to decide anything. I'm not gonna disbelieve it, either, but what if there really is the health factor? :idunno:

OpIv37
10-18-2007, 10:52 AM
or..
it could be that the knee just isn't 100% healthy. JP may feel ok, but if the doctors say no, he can't play. We know he practiced with the brace on, but did they ever take it off? And if so, did he seem any better to them without it off? I haven't seen any reports on that, so I don't know the full story. Therefore, I'm not gonna buy that they're trying to decide anything. I'm not gonna disbelieve it, either, but what if there really is the health factor? :idunno:

Oh please.

If the doctors said JP wasn't ready, they would have just said that pubicly to avoid this whole controversy and they didn't say that. JP's fine- they're just trying to cover their asses so they can pull Trent if he sucks and position it as "giving the job back to the starter now that he's healthy."

The coaching staff knows they're on a short leash and this whole thing is set up to give them as many options as possible.

Man, it's truly a skill to be able to deny reality on that level.

Historian
10-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Lee's whining because the team picked the guy who doesn't throw long.

Boo ****in hoo. He's a great receiver, but great receivers are a dime a dozen these days.

They should have packaged Evans and Losman to Carolina for Peppers.

OpIv37
10-18-2007, 10:55 AM

Boo ****in hoo. He's a great receiver, but great receivers are a dime a dozen these days.

first they'd have to get Carolina to hire Tom Donahoe as GM cuz he's the only one dumb enough to go for that trade.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 10:56 AM
or..

I'd hate to get off topic since this thread was about Evans.

But...Many QBs play with braces on. And during the press conference yesterday Jauron said JP practice in full. Whatever that means.

If cleared to practice and does practice all day. He should be cleared to play come Sunday

mybills
10-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Oh please.

If the doctors said JP wasn't ready, they would have just said that pubicly to avoid this whole controversy and they didn't say that. JP's fine- they're just trying to cover their asses so they can pull Trent if he sucks and position it as "giving the job back to the starter now that he's healthy."

The coaching staff knows they're on a short leash and this whole thing is set up to give them as many options as possible.

Man, it's truly a skill to be able to deny reality on that level.
Look, F YOU with the denial crap.
As usual, you don't understand. JP practiced on Tuesday WITH the brace on. I won't make a decision to HATE ON anyone without all the facts. IF he practiced WITHOUT the brace on since then, I haven't read or heard about it.

Go on with your skill to deny reality.

mybills
10-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I'd hate to get off topic since this thread was about Evans.

But...Many QBs play with braces on. And during the press conference yesterday Jauron said JP practice in full. Whatever that means.

If cleared to practice and does practice all day. He should be cleared to play come Sunday

In Full means they finally had the pads on him. Yes, QB's play with braces on, and depending on the injury, they don't always get the go ahead to play just because they practiced. I'm not his doctor, nobody here is.

Bulldog
10-18-2007, 11:01 AM
the missed out on Cutler.

and we're back to square one. Players will be coming and going for teams that are stable.

What should've been a 2-3 year rebuild will be another ten years if the bills are still even in Buffalo.

I wouldn't be so worried about missing out on Cutler. Talk about overrated. What has Cutler done to be thought of as a saviour at the QB position?

OpIv37
10-18-2007, 11:01 AM
As usual, you don't understand. JP practiced on Tuesday WITH the brace on. I won't make a decision to HATE ON anyone without all the facts. IF he practiced WITHOUT the brace on since then, I haven't read or heard about it.

You're the one who invented a situation with the doctors saying JP couldn't play when there's no evidence of the doctors EVER saying that. You came up with your own fantasy scenario of how JP may still technically be the starter that has no basis in reality. Practicing with a brace is still practicing- it's not like JP ever even uses his mobility in game situations.

You're denying that our coaches are incompetent and indecisive and will throw either one of these guys under the bus to save their own careers.

Philagape
10-18-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm not worried about Evans. He's shown to have good character, I trust his professionalism, and I'm confident that Trent can win him over.
I don't blame him for supporting the guy he was drafted with and was at the helm for his big season. That's just loyalty. Lee himself said the main reason he supports JP is "principle." And I agree with him that the Bills should stick with one guy.
I wish we had another receiving threat to draw attention away from him. If we get that next year, I see a big season offensively.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm not his doctor, nobody here is.

Im not a Dr. but I think it would be stupid for a Dr. to clear somebody to practice who they wouldn't clear for them to play in 4 days.

Plus didn't JP already say he was ready to play? Why would he lie?

mybills
10-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Forget Op, it's no use trying to explain anything to you when you're mind is made up about what I mean and don't mean. I'm sure other people read what I wrote and not what isn't there.

As for Evans, Brown already said in one of his articles that the vets stick with the vets, and the rookies stick with the rookies. Evans isn't the only vet on the team. If people think he's pissed off, he's obviously not alone. That's IF he's pissed off. He didn't sound pissed off in the audio on the LE Show.

Bulldog
10-18-2007, 11:11 AM

I just find it interesting that Jauron said he consulted with the staff and the front office regarding this decision. If this was truly a health issue, then why the need to consult with the staff and front office? I agree with OP, this is the Bills way of saying that we're going with Trent, unless he looks completely horrible, in which case we'll bring Losman back in.

mybills
10-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Im not a Dr. but I think it would be stupid for a Dr. to clear somebody to practice who they wouldn't clear for them to play in 4 days.

Plus didn't JP already say he was ready to play? Why would he lie?

A doctor can clear any player to practice. The player practices with the brace. The staff isn't quite sure if it's the injury or the brace, but the mobility is what it once was. So, they take the brace off and the player practices more. Still not 100%? The player doesn't get to play.

As for the latter, I said even if JP feels good, it's not up to him. It's not up to any player. It's up to the doctors and staff.

mybills
10-18-2007, 11:19 AM
I agree with OP, this is the Bills way of saying that we're going with Trent, unless he looks completely horrible, in which case we'll bring Losman back in.

And that may be true. I said I wouldn't DISbelieve that.
That doesn't give Op the right to tell me I'm in denial.
That was ignorant and VERY rude.

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't be so worried about missing out on Cutler. Talk about overrated. What has Cutler done to be thought of as a saviour at the QB position?
he was just 1 qb mentioned from that draft. Besides , it wasn't about Cutler but missing out on a qb that is going through the learning curves as we speak. If TE isn't it, we missed out because the coahces were indecisive.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Evans is becoming Moulds II

Or;

Fairchild becoming Mularkey II?

We've seen what Evans is capable of doing on the field. He's been a good WR for three seasons. Now all of a sudden the entirety of Bills' fandom is expected to believe that he's worthless and all but a 3rd or 4th WR?

I don't think so.

I predicted Evans to have a record year. Clearly that's not going to happen and this post isn't about that at all.

Rather, it's about the notion that a WR that's done what Evans has done without much support around him at all can all of a sudden fall off the map all by himself.

Considering that Fairchild has done absolutely nothing to even suggest that he's earned a job as an offensive coordinator to date;

Considering that our offense is averaging only 7.4 points-per-game with a huge boost from the Jets game, only 5.0 ppg otherwise;

Considering that we our passing game is a mess w/ JP or w/ Edwards;

I don't know how anyone could possible blame Evans for *****ing. In fact I'm utterly surprised that most of the players aren't flat out disgusted. I mean would you want to play for this team now on the brink of a move out of town, obviously.

Our "leading" receiver is Parrish who's on pace for ~ 600 yards and absolutely no TDs. Our two leading WRs have 0 TDs between them.

In fact our 6 leading receivers have 0 TDs. Only Gaines has a passing TD.

If Evans is becoming Moulds, then great! More power to him! Someone in a high profile position had better begin calling this pile of stench a pile of stench. Apparently there are way too many "comfortable" people with jobs at OBD for the good of this organization and the charade that it continues to operate.

In fact, if the fans could have a say, I'd suggest that boycotting a game entirely would be a good idea.

Evans is perfectly within his rights to gripe. So is every other player on this team except perhaps those who would be stocking supermarket shelves if it weren't for this team. While many of them can thank this organization that they have either a starting job in the NFL, or a job in the NFL altogether perhaps, it is not their fault that this organization has absolutely no idea what it's doing.

So go Evans go! Let's get some other players involved too. Again, let's get the fans involved and have a ticket-burning ceremony for one game this season!!!

This organization stinks to high heaven and the people that run it have absolutely no clue.

OpIv37
10-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Or;

Fairchild becoming Mularkey II?

We've seen what Evans is capable of doing on the field. He's been a good WR for three seasons. Now all of a sudden the entirety of Bills' fandom is expected to believe that he's worthless and all but a 3rd or 4th WR?

I don't think so.

I predicted Evans to have a record year. Clearly that's not going to happen and this post isn't about that at all.

Rather, it's about the notion that a WR that's done what Evans has done without much support around him at all can all of a sudden fall off the map all by himself.

Considering that Fairchild has done absolutely nothing to even suggest that he's earned a job as an offensive coordinator to date;

Considering that our offense is averaging only 7.4 points-per-game with a huge boost from the Jets game, only 5.0 ppg otherwise;

Considering that we our passing game is a mess w/ JP or w/ Edwards;

I don't know how anyone could possible blame Evans for *****ing. In fact I'm utterly surprised that most of the players aren't flat out disgusted. I mean would you want to play for this team now on the brink of a move out of town, obviously.

Our "leading" receiver is Parrish who's on pace for ~ 600 yards and absolutely no TDs. Our two leading WRs have 0 TDs between them.

In fact our 6 leading receivers have 0 TDs. Only Gaines has a passing TD.

If Evans is becoming Moulds, then great! More power to him! Someone in a high profile position had better begin calling this pile of stench a pile of stench. Apparently there are way too many "comfortable" people with jobs at OBD for the good of this organization and the charade that it continues to operate.

In fact, if the fans could have a say, I'd suggest that boycotting a game entirely would be a good idea.

Evans is perfectly within his rights to gripe. So is every other player on this team except perhaps those who would be stocking supermarket shelves if it weren't for this team. While many of them can thank this organization that they have either a starting job in the NFL, or a job in the NFL altogether perhaps, it is not their fault that this organization has absolutely no idea what it's doing.

So go Evans go! Let's get some other players involved too. Again, let's get the fans involved and have a ticket-burning ceremony for one game this season!!!

This organization stinks to high heaven and the people that run it have absolutely no clue.

I certainly wasn't criticizing Evans- he's perfectly within his rights to be upset. The organization is burning him with bad QB choices and bad coaching choices.

Mitchy moo
10-18-2007, 12:43 PM
A WR is one of our first 2 picks..

jamze132
10-18-2007, 02:11 PM
or..
Interesting thought but I wouldn't read too much into it. I think if JP wasn't healthy enough, Dick and Co. would have came out DURING the bye week and said so. He could have avoided the whole "controversy" talk if he wasn't so wishy washy. But Dick appears to suck at every aspect of being an NFL coach and I have no doubts that he will end up starting Losman again this year. And by doing that, the offense will never get into a rythym due to the constant changes at the one position where you trully need continuity and he will be fired at years end when the fans revolt. Sorry for the Dick bash.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 02:16 PM

I seriously doubt Lee is whining because Trent can't throw a deep ball. I am sure he can. Lee is upset because (1) he is not getting the ball thrown to him as much as last year, (2) he isn't a fan of Fairchild's offensive game plan each week, and (3) he did have chemistry with JP last year. They both complimented each other and made each other look good.

HAMMER
10-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Perhaps our lack of downfield passing production is due to receivers not beating their man, just a thought.

OpIv37
10-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Perhaps our lack of downfield passing production is due to receivers not beating their man, just a thought.

I would guess that receivers not being open is a big part of the reason why the offense is struggling, although it's hard to tell with the views they provide on TV.

RedEyE
Obviously Evans will more than likely want to negotiate a decent wage. This alone is reason enough that he won't be in Buffalo very long as the Bills are notorius for undercutting talent.

Still, Evans has to show more on the field before he has a leg to stand on. I know a lot of it isn't his fault (QB changes, no real #2, beating the double team), but excellent receivers find a way to be excellent year after year.

If he wants the buck, he has to give more than what he's currently leaving on the field.

mybills
Interesting thought but I wouldn't read too much into it. I think if JP wasn't healthy enough, Dick and Co. would have came out DURING the bye week and said so. He could have avoided the whole "controversy" talk if he wasn't so wishy washy. But Dick appears to suck at every aspect of being an NFL coach and I have no doubts that he will end up starting Losman again this year.

If they plan on trading him, wouldn't it be better and look better, to make sure he's 100%? Either way, it makes for a better deal. They prolly already made up their mind to trade him, and the part that nobody should believe is that he's gonna start after the Balt game. At least not till we see it actually happen, anyway.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 02:28 PM
I doubt it. It falls completely on the plays being called. Evans ran by everyone last year and now this year he can't? I seriously doubt it. If anything, when you move into your mid-to-late 20's, you are in the best condition of your life, hence the term "in his prime". He is just entering his "prime", physically as well as mentally. I cannot blame Evans for his drop off in performance.

mybills
10-18-2007, 02:30 PM
He really does not "sound" mad.
http://www.billszone.com/media/audio/2007.10.16.lee.evans.show.edwards.arm.mp3

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 02:43 PM
I seriously doubt Lee is whining because Trent can't throw a deep ball. I am sure he can. Lee is upset because (1) he is not getting the ball thrown to him as much as last year, (2) he isn't a fan of Fairchild's offensive game plan each week, and (3) he did have chemistry with JP last year. They both complimented each other and made each other look good.
against the jets he got the passes because they made him run short routes to get the ball off of Trents hands.

. Against the cowboys, he was made to go deep and both Reed and Parrish in the slot so he never got that ball.

He's not complaining about not getting the ball. He just wishes that they go deep. I'm almost sure by this time, he and JP would've hooked up deep already. It took time last year as it did this year but Trent should start going deep if they are to generate any chemistry with the deep ball this year.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 02:47 PM

Like there is a fan of Fairchild's offense?

Hello, we have one, (1), UNO, Ein, 1, passing TD through five weeks.

We're on pace to have 3 by the end of the season. The only possible fan of this is Fairchild's mom.

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 02:50 PM

A jr. Journalist who was a big fan of Mark Wieler too. Wanted to be like Mark when he grew up. ;)

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Obviously Evans will more than likely want to negotiate a decent wage. This alone is reason enough that he won't be in Buffalo very long as the Bills are notorius for undercutting talent.

Still, Evans has to show more on the field before he has a leg to stand on. I know a lot of it isn't his fault (QB changes, no real #2, beating the double team), but excellent receivers find a way to be excellent year after year.

If he wants the buck, he has to give more than what he's currently leaving on the field.

Has he not been getting open?

How is it Red Eye, in your estimation, that a WR that's averaged 8 TDs/ season even not always as a starter among those seasons, all of a sudden falls off the planet in this way?

I ask the question seriously since you seem to lay the blame at Evans' feet when there are absolutely no other above average performing elements to an offense that has regressed since last season.

Also, I pointed out ad nauseum last season that our entire offense was predicated on the deep ball and took all kinds of heat for suggesting that after that we had nothing while everyone was praising Fairchild.

Well, guess what? You now have exactly what we had last year minus the deep balls. So really, nothing has changed except those deep balls.

Now, I haven't seen too many dropped balls by Evans that were well thrown in single coverage or w/ Evans open that he dropped, have you? As I see it they just haven't been throwing deep much.

Again, to do so exclusively would be to cover up the real issues of this offense just like we did last season, so if I did actually give a crap I'd suggest not doing that and working on the fundamental aspects of this offense such as blocking as I've been advocating for years. But hey, call me crazy there.

Funny thing, the only team that beat us last season for a reliance on deep balls was New Orleans. Conincidence?

Ironically, Bulger had hardly any deep passes for TDs with 90% of his coming from within the 20 I believe, most of those from with the 10.

Neither Indy nor Cincy, who nearly added then again 50% passing TDs to our total last year, had nearly as many deep passes for TDs.

Meanwhile, everyone complains about things that are merely symptoms and not the root problems. Feel free, but for anyone left that actually cares, Evans isn't the issue.

RedEyE
10-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Has he not been getting open?

How is it Red Eye, in your estimation, that a WR that's averaged 8 TDs/ season even not always as a starter among those seasons, all of a sudden falls off the planet in this way?

I ask the question seriously since you seem to lay the blame at Evans' feet when there are absolutely no other above average performing elements to an offense that has regressed since last season.

Also, I pointed out ad nauseum last season that our entire offense was predicated on the deep ball and took all kinds of heat for suggesting that after that we had nothing while everyone was praising Fairchild.

Well, guess what? You now have exactly what we had last year minus the deep balls. So really, nothing has changed except those deep balls.

Now, I haven't seen too many dropped balls by Evans that were well thrown in single coverage or w/ Evans open that he dropped, have you? As I see it they just haven't been throwing deep much.

Again, to do so exclusively would be to cover up the real issues of this offense just like we did last season, so if I did actually give a crap I'd suggest not doing that and working on the fundamental aspects of this offense such as blocking as I've been advocating for years. But hey, call me crazy there.

Funny thing, the only team that beat us last season for a reliance on deep balls was New Orleans. Conincidence?

Ironically, Bulger had hardly any deep passes for TDs with 90% of his coming from within the 20 I believe, most of those from with the 10.

Neither Indy nor Cincy, who nearly added then again 50% passing TDs to our total last year, had nearly as many deep passes for TDs.

Meanwhile, everyone complains about things that are merely symptoms and not the root problems. Feel free, but for anyone left that actually cares, Evans isn't the issue.

I never specifically pointed the finger at Evans. If you read what I wrote you can clearly see that I pointed out the team as a whole.

Even still, can a WR really ask for more money that fails to produce on the field, regardless of the excuse? No one is laying the blame solely on Evans here. It's an underlying statement that the coaches and the QB situation has more to do with it than anything. But production is the key to any player's ability to negotiate.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 03:31 PM
If they plan on trading him, wouldn't it be better and look better, to make sure he's 100%? Either way, it makes for a better deal. They prolly already made up their mind to trade him, and the part that nobody should believe is that he's gonna start after the Balt game. At least not till we see it actually happen, anyway.
I don't think JP will be traded but if he is, I will eat some crow. What would we do if he is traded? Get another Holcomb type backup? I would rather keep JP even if he is going to be holding a clipboard. But I still say it's the wrong decision to start Trent right now. I think JP has earned the opportunity to to prove whether he is right for the job or not.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 03:34 PM
He's not complaining about not getting the ball.
He's not going to say it publicly because then he sounds selfish. That is a WRs worst enemy. They all want the ball.

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 03:36 PM
He's not going to say it publicly because then he sounds selfish. That is a WRs worst enemy. They all want the ball.

selfish? He was our no.1 wr against the jets. It was only when they made him go deep against the cowboys that he wasn't getting the ball thrown because TE is not confident yet. Like it or not, he is right. Without a deep ball we're toast. Might as well get rid of Evans and find a coach that knows how to run the WCO.

Why is it when players want to win they are selfish when in the long run they are right and the coaches are wrong. Was Moulds wrong for calling out the coaches decisions? He was right. Moolarkey was an idiot. Maybe Fiarchild is an idiot. Seems like majority of the fans seem to think so, so why is Evans wrong for wanting to win?

jamze132
10-18-2007, 03:38 PM

Hello, we have one, (1), UNO, Ein, 1, passing TD through five weeks.

We're on pace to have 3 by the end of the season. The only possible fan of this is Fairchild's mom.
Thanks for reiterating my point. :bravo:

jamze132
10-18-2007, 03:43 PM
selfish? He was our no.1 wr against the jets. It was only when they made him go deep against the cowboys that he wasn't getting the ball thrown because TE is not confident yet. Like it or not, he is right. Without a deep ball we're toast. Might as well get rid of Evans and find a coach that knows how to run the WCO.

Why is it when players want to win they are selfish when in the long run they are right and the coaches are wrong. Was Moulds wrong for calling out the coaches decisions? He was right. Moolarkey was an idiot. Maybe Fiarchild is an idiot. Seems like majority of the fans seem to think so, so why is Evans wrong for wanting to win?
It's human nature. And when did I say he was wrong for wanting to win?

The bottom line is Evans has proven that he can burn a DB and catch the deep ball. The ball has to be thrown though, eh? Whether it's Fairchild's debacle of an offense or Trent's confidence, is a moot point for the point I was trying to make. Of course he wants to win and he knows that he can help the team win, especially when he is getting the ball in his hands downfield. He is actually one of the two playmakers this team has.

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 03:49 PM
It's human nature. And when did I say he was wrong for wanting to win?

The bottom line is Evans has proven that he can burn a DB and catch the deep ball. The ball has to be thrown though, eh? Whether it's Fairchild's debacle of an offense or Trent's confidence, is a moot point for the point I was trying to make. Of course he wants to win and he knows that he can help the team win, especially when he is getting the ball in his hands downfield. He is actually one of the two playmakers this team has.but this doesn't make him selfish.

If asked who he preferred, he wanted JP but never talked down TE other than saying he should take shots downfield. TE even admitted he should've and by saying so , reinforces Evans' comment about taking shots downfield.

What's the use of making him go deep if TE is just gonna dink and dunk the ball. He's better than Parrish and Reed even in the short game .Evans might as well run short routes with the other 2 wrs if that's the case.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
but this doesn't make him selfish.

If asked who he preferred, he wanted JP but never talked down TE other than saying he should take shots downfield. TE even admitted he should've and by saying so , reinforces Evans' comment about taking shots downfield.

What's the use of making him go deep if TE is just gonna dink and dunk the ball. He's better than Parrish and Reed even in the short game .Evans might as well run short routes with the other 2 wrs if that's the case.
Dude, your killing me. I never said he was or wasn't selfish. What I am saying is that it's human nature for all WRs in the NFL to want to ball. Take it for what its worth.

He already has a good QB-WR relationship with JP which is probably the only reason he publicly endorsed JP. He didn't say anything good or bad about Trent which is the right thing to do when you have a preference of something different.

I don't think he gives two *****zes who is throwing him the ball. But considering the two QBs in there, he chose the guy who he is familiar with and had success together. What is wrong with that?

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Dude, your killing me. I never said he was or wasn't selfish. What I am saying is that it's human nature for all WRs in the NFL to want to ball. Take it for what its worth.

He already has a good QB-WR relationship with JP which is probably the only reason he publicly endorsed JP. He didn't say anything good or bad about Trent which is the right thing to do when you have a preference of something different.

I don't think he gives two *****zes who is throwing him the ball. But considering the two QBs in there, he chose the guy who he is familiar with and had success together. What is wrong with that?
I thought you implied he was selfish when you said he sounds selfish.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 08:22 PM
I never specifically pointed the finger at Evans. If you read what I wrote you can clearly see that I pointed out the team as a whole.

Even still, can a WR really ask for more money that fails to produce on the field, regardless of the excuse? No one is laying the blame solely on Evans here. It's an underlying statement that the coaches and the QB situation has more to do with it than anything. But production is the key to any player's ability to negotiate.

Well, I'll say this, I'm sure that Evans could probably ask for more than whatever the Bills will offer him under the present circumstances.

No team outside of Buffalo is going to look at this situation and suggest that Evans is anything other than an above average starting WR and would offer him a contract as such.

We, the team, can fool themselves into thinking that he's not worth "so much," but if they do low ball him he would indeed get offered more from a team that knows what they're doing from a coaching perspective and one that needs a top WR.

Even if the Bills offer Evans par I wouldn't at all be surprised if he goes elsewhere for his own sake. In fact, more power to him. Buffalo's 32nd out of 32 of any of the places that I'd want to play for if I were a player. Far too many issues, pending relocation, and absolutely no seriousness in terms of correcting the situation from the top. In fact, terminal complacency.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
BTW, the Bills have gotten far more from Evans than he's gotten from them to date overall.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't think JP will be traded but if he is, I will eat some crow. What would we do if he is traded? Get another Holcomb type backup? I would rather keep JP even if he is going to be holding a clipboard. But I still say it's the wrong decision to start Trent right now. I think JP has earned the opportunity to to prove whether he is right for the job or not.

Are you seriously worried about these things?

This team is so far from utter disarray that it would take the best GM/HC tandem and top-notch personnel office in the league three years to produce a winner.

Wys Guy
10-18-2007, 08:32 PM

BTW then RedEyE, you then agree that Evans has a perfect right to be as vocal as he wants to be?

BillsFever21
10-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Anyone who think Evans will be around after 2008 are kidding themselves. Would the Bills want him back? Of course they would. Would Evans want to come back? I doubt it.

It would take a huge offer by the Bills that any other teams wouldn't offer for Evans to stay here. Even then he wouldn't. Other teams can see that Evans is better then how he is looking in Buffalo.

I don't fully believe Evans is the type of player who can go out and be a possesion receiver type of a player and keep the chains moving. He is a big play WR that needs to go downfield and/or get the ball in the open space. That is why in this league you need two capable WR's. One who can get the tough yards and then somebody like Evans that can make game changing plays.

Night Train
10-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Evans is a specual talent who suffers through a meddling owner and bad coaching hires.

Historian
10-19-2007, 07:57 AM
It's a team sport.

Sac up Lee.

Inetpub
10-19-2007, 08:37 AM
we should have signed Randy Moss. Evans looks like hes playing elementary school football compared to moss.

jamze132
10-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Are you seriously worried about these things?

This team is so far from utter disarray that it would take the best GM/HC tandem and top-notch personnel office in the league three years to produce a winner.
What's the difference between 3-2 and 1-4?

Two (2) seconds.

With a little bit better coaching, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. If we had won those two close games, who knows exactly what our record would or could be when the season is all said in done. You can spout off about stats and history all day long but the bottom line is wins and losses. But, I regress, we are where we are because of what we are. I can't and won't sugarcoat that.

My point is that we aren't as bad off as you preach to everyone who reads your stuff.

RedEyE
10-19-2007, 02:57 PM
BTW then RedEyE, you then agree that Evans has a perfect right to be as vocal as he wants to be?

I appreciate his want to provide leadership to this team, but he needs to do his talking on the field. Frustrations do not start and end at the WR position.