• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Evans is becoming Moulds II

He's a great receiver with the potential to be one of the all-time greats who's being held back by inconsistency at QB and moron coaches.

It's only a matter of time before he loses it and starts running his mouth like Moulds did. Don't forget that Evans was here for the end of Moulds' career and saw what happened to him. I doubt Evans will stick around and let the organization ruin his career with their incompetence like they did with Moulds.

This is the whole problem with the "build through the draft" strategy- it takes too damn long and you end up wasting talent because you don't have the other pieces in place to utilize it. By the time we get any stability at QB, Evans will either be old, gone or disgruntled and bitter.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Evans is becoming Moulds II

If Edwards show's signs that he might be the future, I could see the Bills using their 1st round pick on the WR position in next years draft.

Is there any WR out there that would be considered a Top 7 pick?

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Good point OP, although I do believe Lee is overrated, besided his speed I haven't really seen anything special out of him...He's a good reciever no doubt, I just don't think he's superstar status......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

If I was him I'd be pissed too. He is ultimately going to leave if things arent straight by the time the end of the season comes around. And all this year is doing is lessening the hype he had at the beginning of this season, so his next contract aint going to be so big.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Dick and MArv's era depends on whether they are getting the qb situation right. If they stick with Edwards and it turns out to be the wrong decision, we'll have to go back and draft another one and start all over again.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            If Edwards show's signs that he might be the future,
            What's this "if" and "might be" stuff? I thought you you were positive he's the one?
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              Dick and MArv's era depends on whether they are getting the qb situation right. If they stick with Edwards and it turns out to be the wrong decision, we'll have to go back and draft another one and start all over again.
              Maybe they came to the conclusion already that Losman is not the future so now they are giving Edwards a chance this season to see if he is the future.

If Edwards shows that he also is not the future then they will use their Top 7 pick on the next QB who could be the future.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
                Good point OP, although I do believe Lee is overrated, besided his speed I haven't really seen anything special out of him...He's a good reciever no doubt, I just don't think he's superstar status......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
                Funny how things change. Last of season we're calling for him to be extended. Now he's nothing special and over rated.

Let's face it, if Steve Smith was here instead of Lee, he'd be nothing special. We could've brought in Moss and we wouldn't be able to ressurect his career like the pats have.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                  What's this "if" and "might be" stuff? I thought you you were positive he's the one?
                  Link?

I have not praised Edwards that much at all.

Just because I think that someone is better than JP Losman doesn't mean that he is the "one". It doesn't take much to be better than Mr. Losman.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Maybe they came to the conclusion already that Losman is not the future so now they are giving Edwards a chance this season to see if he is the future..
                    the missed out on Cutler.

If Edwards shows that he also is not the future then they will use their Top 7 pick on the next QB who could be the future.
                    and we're back to square one. Players will be coming and going for teams that are stable.

What should've been a 2-3 year rebuild will be another ten years if the bills are still even in Buffalo.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

He is positive that Edwards is the one when it comes to replacing Losman but in any other situation he is unsure. Talk about hatred.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        or..
                        it could be that the knee just isn't 100% healthy. JP may feel ok, but if the doctors say no, he can't play. We know he practiced with the brace on, but did they ever take it off? And if so, did he seem any better to them without it off? I haven't seen any reports on that, so I don't know the full story. Therefore, I'm not gonna buy that they're trying to decide anything. I'm not gonna disbelieve it, either, but what if there really is the health factor?
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

or..
                          it could be that the knee just isn't 100% healthy. JP may feel ok, but if the doctors say no, he can't play. We know he practiced with the brace on, but did they ever take it off? And if so, did he seem any better to them without it off? I haven't seen any reports on that, so I don't know the full story. Therefore, I'm not gonna buy that they're trying to decide anything. I'm not gonna disbelieve it, either, but what if there really is the health factor?
                          Oh please.

If the doctors said JP wasn't ready, they would have just said that pubicly to avoid this whole controversy and they didn't say that. JP's fine- they're just trying to cover their asses so they can pull Trent if he sucks and position it as "giving the job back to the starter now that he's healthy."

The coaching staff knows they're on a short leash and this whole thing is set up to give them as many options as possible.

Man, it's truly a skill to be able to deny reality on that level.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Lee's whining because the team picked the guy who doesn't throw long.

Boo ****in hoo. He's a great receiver, but great receivers are a dime a dozen these days.

They should have packaged Evans and Losman to Carolina for Peppers.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
                              Lee's whining because the team picked the guy who doesn't throw long.

Boo ****in hoo. He's a great receiver, but great receivers are a dime a dozen these days.

They should have packaged Evans and Losman to Carolina for Peppers.
                              first they'd have to get Carolina to hire Tom Donahoe as GM cuz he's the only one dumb enough to go for that trade.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X