PDA

View Full Version : Greer

M
10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
GREER HAS LOCK ON CORNER JOB: Sounds like Jabari Greer's performance on the field the past couple of weeks has landed him the starting job at RCB. With Ashton Youboty still trying to recover from a high ankle sprain, Greer is expected to start this week anyway. But even when Youboty is healthy Dick Jauron indicated that Greer will remain in the starting lineup.

"You'd be hard pressed to move him out of there," Jauron said.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2129

:bf1:

jamze132
10-18-2007, 01:26 PM
GREER HAS LOCK ON CORNER JOB: Sounds like Jabari Greer's performance on the field the past couple of weeks has landed him the starting job at RCB. With Ashton Youboty still trying to recover from a high ankle sprain, Greer is expected to start this week anyway. But even when Youboty is healthy Dick Jauron indicated that Greer will remain in the starting lineup.

"You'd be hard pressed to move him out of there," Jauron said.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2129

:bf1:
I agree that Greer should be one of the starting CBs on this team as it is now. Do I think we can do better? Of course.

But what really pissed me off about Dick, once again, was his "You'd be hard pressed to move him out of there," comment. Again he is trying to be intalectual and he sounds like an idiot. Just ****ing say that Greer is our best CB and he will be a starter!

Mahdi
10-18-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree that Greer should be one of the starting CBs on this team as it is now. Do I think we can do better? Of course.

But what really pissed me off about Dick, once again, was his "You'd be hard pressed to move him out of there," comment. Again he is trying to be intalectual and he sounds like an idiot. Just ****ing say that Greer is our best CB and he will be a starter!
What if he says that and then Greer stinks it up for the rest of the season. You have to be careful with what you say. And what he said means exactly that. At this point it would be difficult to take Greer out considering his solid play. Now if that play drops off then can easily go back to Youboty. You dont want to tell a player who just came in and played well for 2 games that the job is his no questions asked. You just award him and see where he takes it. If after this season Greer clearly separetes himself from the rest of the CBs then he will be the unquestionned starter. Until then being hard pressed to take him out is all he should get.

Pride
10-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Greer - Taking what little God gives you and making the most out of it through dedication and hard work.

Hey Jimmy, you have a lot of Greer!
He Greer'ed his way up the corporate ladder
I may not be tall, but damnit I'm going to Greer myself to be the best athlete out there!

jamze132
10-18-2007, 04:47 PM
What if he says that and then Greer stinks it up for the rest of the season. You have to be careful with what you say. And what he said means exactly that. At this point it would be difficult to take Greer out considering his solid play. Now if that play drops off then can easily go back to Youboty. You dont want to tell a player who just came in and played well for 2 games that the job is his no questions asked. You just award him and see where he takes it. If after this season Greer clearly separetes himself from the rest of the CBs then he will be the unquestionned starter. Until then being hard pressed to take him out is all he should get.
Then you tell him he stunk it up and he is no longer gauranteed to start. IMO and experiences, people respond better when you tell them straight up instead of trying sugarcoat anything. IN the NFL, if you are getting paid millions and can't take being yelled at because you suck, find a new career.

Pinkerton Security
10-18-2007, 05:14 PM
I am surprised (wait no Im not cuz Jauron sucks) that it took him this long to crack the starting lineup. He seems to be near the ball more than any one person on the field. I used to hate when this dude was on the field but now I am excited, and its not only because of our lack of other options. Even against Randy Moss, he was THERE, just inches from making the play, and couldnt, but who can on Moss? Not many.

G. Host
10-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Then you tell him he stunk it up and he is no longer gauranteed to start. IMO and experiences, people respond better when you tell them straight up instead of trying sugarcoat anything. IN the NFL, if you are getting paid millions and can't take being yelled at because you suck, find a new career.

None of the CBs other than McGee is getting millions.
Of all of the positions relative to rest of league CB gets paid less in Buffalo. The Bills have invested their money elsewhere.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 05:34 PM
None of the CBs other than McGee is getting millions.
Of all of the positions relative to rest of league CB gets paid less in Buffalo. The Bills have invested their money elsewhere.
Ok, now you are nitpicking more than one of my posts. I guess I should have said "hundreds of thousands of American dollars". :sorry: Would that have been more appropriate?

I think you know exactly what I was trying to get at in my post.

G. Host
10-18-2007, 07:00 PM
No I am not. I am pointing out how little realtively speaking that Buffalo's CBs make and that Bills choose to spend money elsewhere. Your post made it an easy to bring up my point.