PDA

View Full Version : Jauron was on Sirrius. Don't expect JP to come back.

HHURRICANE
10-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Listened to his 4PM show today on Sirrius and although he stated that the decision was made just for the Ravens game he made it clear that it didn't mean JP was getting his job even if he his healthy.

Not that anybody should be shocked but it's clear that it's now Edwards job to lose.

raphael120
10-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Listened to his 4PM show today on Sirrius and although he stated that the decision was made just for the Ravens game he made it clear that it didn't mean JP was getting his job even if he his healthy.

Not that anybody should be shocked but it's clear that it's now Edwards job to lose.

Ive said it before, and I'll say it again. This is not an offense that a QB can thrive in, whether it be JP, Edwards, Manning, or Brady. The coaching is piss poor and the talent at WR is very thin.

HHURRICANE
10-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Ive said it before, and I'll say it again. This is not an offense that a QB can thrive in, whether it be JP, Edwards, Manning, or Brady. The coaching is piss poor and the talent at WR is very thin.

I think this is an offense that Trent can survive in because being patient in the pocket is key. JP can't.

Buckets
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM

Amen!

Goobylal
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Being patient in the pocket? LOL! If anything, Trent has been TOO quick to throw to his checkdown receiver.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 04:23 PM
So we shouldn't expect JP to start again?

HHURRICANE
10-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Being patient in the pocket? LOL! If anything, Trent has been TOO quick to throw to his checkdown receiver.

What games have you been watching? The guy waits til the last possible second to find the open guy while going through his progressions. Look at his completion rate.

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 04:28 PM
So we shouldn't expect JP to start again?
that's Hurricanes interpretation even though what Dick said was neither here nor there.

HHURRICANE
10-18-2007, 04:33 PM
that's Hurricanes interpretation even though what Dick said was neither here nor there.

I encourage everyone to go to the Sirrius link and interpret it for themsleves.

But if you want his not committing to JP starting again when healthy as "neither here nor there" than all the power to you.

raphael120
10-18-2007, 04:38 PM

But if you want his not committing to JP starting again when healthy as "neither here nor there" than all the power to you.

Is there a link?

djjimkelly
10-18-2007, 04:43 PM
yeah im looking for a link right now i forgot to listen today

jamze132
10-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Is there a link?
Would be nice, eh?

justasportsfan
10-18-2007, 04:51 PM

it's already been stated. If TE stinks it up JP comes in. IF trent does well, even though Dick said," for this week" TE keeps the job. So it's neither here nor there til' after sunday

Michael82
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I love how HURRICANE has a completely biased view of the Sirius interview. Every interview I have heard from Jauron pretty much states that it's this week only and will be a week to week basis. If Edwards struggles this week, you really shouldn't be surprised to see JP in there next week. :::

Michael82
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
it's already been stated. If TE stinks it up JP comes in. IF trent does well, even though Dick said," for this week" TE keeps the job. So it's neither here nor there til' after sunday
Good post! :bf1:

HHURRICANE
10-18-2007, 05:07 PM

I'd like to see the quote where Jauron states that if TE stinks it up than JP comes in.

Where has this been stated?

Saratoga Slim
10-18-2007, 05:29 PM

I listened too. I'll give you this: Dick sure didn't say "JP is our quarterback and Trent's getting good experience while JP heals up." What he said was more like "we have two good young quarterbacks one of whom has to step up and play consistently if we're going to win."

acehole
10-18-2007, 05:38 PM
You people are like those who look at ink blots and see things you want to...it is the same thing here...you are attaching your ideas to words that dont back up your ideas.
iT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE CLEAR JP INJURED T EDWARDS #2 ON DEPTH CHART WILL BE PLAYING FOR THE INJURED STARTER. No further things were said.....or even implied...

Squote=HHURRICANE]Listened to his 4PM show today on Sirrius and although he stated that the decision was made just for the Ravens game he made it clear that it didn't mean JP was getting his job even if he his healthy.

Not that anybody should be shocked but it's clear that it's now Edwards job to lose.[/quote]

acehole
10-18-2007, 05:40 PM

Ideed ......can we beat this dead horse anymore?

HHURRICANE
10-18-2007, 05:54 PM
I listened too. I'll give you this: Dick sure didn't say "JP is our quarterback and Trent's getting good experience while JP heals up." What he said was more like "we have two good young quarterbacks one of whom has to step up and play consistently if we're going to win."

BINGO. You and bigbub continue to be two of the better posters on this site.

Edwards just needs to play well on Sunday and this debate is officially over. My point in the thread is that JP ain't coming back unless Edwards stinks up the joint on Sunday.

The injury is just an excuse to give Edwards another shot at winning it.

BillsFever21
10-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Although I think JP should be playing you DO NOT go back to him now. The bed is made and you sleep in it.

What valid reasons do you have to bring JP back in now? You have pissed him off along with other players on the team.

When Edwards sucks the place up you don't bring JP back in. Even if JP came back in and played well do you really think he is staying with this franchise after he has a chance to get out? Not a chance in hell along with many other young players at the moment.

Unless you plan on keeping JP around or he wanted to stay around after 2008 then you don't play him. It's obvious JP is definitely done with this franchise. No matter how he came out and played when the opportunity comes again he would NEVER stay here past 2008 anyway. In this case you play Trent no matter what.

They have left the door open for Losman but no matter if the Bills are done with Losman there is no doubt Losman is done with the Bills. There is no chance in hell that he would be back after he has a chance to get out of here. Since there is no way Losman will be back whether it's initiated from the Bills or Losman you play Edwards.

We are not going anywhere this year so what difference does this year make? We are most likely not going anywhere next year either and even if we did finish with a respectable record with JP at the helm he will be out of Buffalo. Before he would've stayed but there is no way he would now. You go with Trent and hope that he turns the corner. That is until a couple years from now and he is in the same boat.

There is a reason why players leave the Bills every year talking crap about how horrible the organization is. It just isn't because of sour grapes. Hundreds of players leave/get released with every team around the league every year but you don't hear this stuff on a consistent basis from them like you do with Buffalo. This franchise is poorly run and has become the arm pit of the NFL.

Other players hear this and it makes them want to come to Buffalo even less unless they get overpaid for their services and are playing just for the money. It's the same with current players. They see this mess and do you really think many, if any of them would want to re-sign back up with Buffalo for the next 5 years or so? There isn't many of them that would.

Meathead
10-19-2007, 02:03 AM
warping reality to fit the dream

djjimkelly
10-19-2007, 03:27 AM
i listen to interview at midnight when replayed. and jauron didnt curse JP.

and said that while edwards has played well for a rookie and he stressed rookie he said he wasnt scoring points. then pointed out neither has scored points this year.

IMO he truly sounded indifferent.

solly and shein led him down several paths to be over excited about edwards but jauron didnt bite once.

he did as another poster state we have 2 young qbs and stressed they are both young and we like them both.

he also pointed out that JP didnt practice this week and only practice through 3 walkthroughs last week during the bye

mybills
10-19-2007, 06:43 AM
he also pointed out that JP didnt practice this week and only practice through 3 walkthroughs last week during the bye

But Op said I was in silly denial. :roflmao:

DraftBoy
10-19-2007, 07:38 AM
I love how HURRICANE has a completely biased view of the Sirius interview. Every interview I have heard from Jauron pretty much states that it's this week only and will be a week to week basis. If Edwards struggles this week, you really shouldn't be surprised to see JP in there next week. :::

Here is two better questions to ask and answers ourselves;
1. Does it really matter? We suck with one, we suck with the other
2. Who cares anymore? This whole QB controversy started by the fans is ridiculous considering you need a QB who has proven he can lead a team to have a controversy about. Right now we have two unproven young guys that have alot of growing up to do before next April.

acehole
10-19-2007, 08:22 AM
What is sad about this all is JP is one of the few guys that embraced buffalo and did not look at his stay here as a jail sentence..ie Mcahee. Nice job Ralph,...now you will have to pay more for future Fa's by proxy.

Although I think JP should be playing you DO NOT go back to him now. The bed is made and you sleep in it.

What valid reasons do you have to bring JP back in now? You have pissed him off along with other players on the team.

When Edwards sucks the place up you don't bring JP back in. Even if JP came back in and played well do you really think he is staying with this franchise after he has a chance to get out? Not a chance in hell along with many other young players at the moment.

Unless you plan on keeping JP around or he wanted to stay around after 2008 then you don't play him. It's obvious JP is definitely done with this franchise. No matter how he came out and played when the opportunity comes again he would NEVER stay here past 2008 anyway. In this case you play Trent no matter what.

They have left the door open for Losman but no matter if the Bills are done with Losman there is no doubt Losman is done with the Bills. There is no chance in hell that he would be back after he has a chance to get out of here. Since there is no way Losman will be back whether it's initiated from the Bills or Losman you play Edwards.

We are not going anywhere this year so what difference does this year make? We are most likely not going anywhere next year either and even if we did finish with a respectable record with JP at the helm he will be out of Buffalo. Before he would've stayed but there is no way he would now. You go with Trent and hope that he turns the corner. That is until a couple years from now and he is in the same boat.

There is a reason why players leave the Bills every year talking crap about how horrible the organization is. It just isn't because of sour grapes. Hundreds of players leave/get released with every team around the league every year but you don't hear this stuff on a consistent basis from them like you do with Buffalo. This franchise is poorly run and has become the arm pit of the NFL.

Other players hear this and it makes them want to come to Buffalo even less unless they get overpaid for their services and are playing just for the money. It's the same with current players. They see this mess and do you really think many, if any of them would want to re-sign back up with Buffalo for the next 5 years or so? There isn't many of them that would.

bigbub2352
10-19-2007, 08:33 AM
I think the major problem with the whole debate is the fact the JP lost his job to injury ( a cheap shot no less) I dont think that TE has outplayed JP to this point, and it was painfully obvious against the Cowboys, but TE is a rookie and cant be faulted for being inexperienced, the FO and coaching staff remains the problem, How do u go into the season touting JP as the starter making him your Captain, then after two subpar performances against the 2 best defenses in the league, and shotty at best playcalling u yank him cause someone took his knee out (cheap ass VW)

TE very well could be our savour but are you people so sure that JP isnt, i will give it to u JP struggled, but so did the playcalling, TE looks more comfortable in the pocket, but did it amount to anything different than JP being in there NOPE still couldnt put the ball in the endzone,

Coaching is the nemisis of this team not the players, Look at the situation at WR, PPrice out for the year they knew this before the Dallas game, now suck Aiken hurt again gettin water for the real WRs on the team and now we have 3 healthy WR going into this game what happened to Fairchilds spread out attack, oh Fred Jackson at WR, Matt Murphy at Oline, George Wilson at FS, are u ****ing kiddin me U mean to tell me the WR postion wasnt addressed for 2 weeks and PPrice still hasnt been moved to IR what exactly are we waiting for, good move keeping Justin Jenkins and Scott Mayle on the PS

The way that this whole sitaution has been handled has been in my opinion embarrassing

HHURRICANE
10-19-2007, 08:43 AM
I think the major problem with the whole debate is the fact the JP lost his job to injury ( a cheap shot no less) I dont think that TE has outplayed JP to this point, and it was painfully obvious against the Cowboys, but TE is a rookie and cant be faulted for being inexperienced, the FO and coaching staff remains the problem, How do u go into the season touting JP as the starter making him your Captain, then after two subpar performances, and shotty at best playcalling u yank him cause someone took his knee out (cheap ass) TE very well could be our savour but are you people so sure that JP isnt, i will give it to u he struggled, but so did the playcalling, TE looks more comfortable in the pocket, but did it amount to anything different than JP being in there NOPE, Coaching is the nemisis of this team not the players, and the way that this whole sitaution has been handled has been in my opinion embarrassing

Good post. What starter stays on the bench for not being 100%? Every player in the league right now is not 100%.

If JP was truly the starter on this team than he should be starting. My buddy told me over the summer that the FO was concerned about JP's leadership skills.

Jauron not once yesterday made any commitment to JP ever returning as the starter. Think about that. After 2 games you don't get a chance to get your job back? The FO is not high on JP. Can you blame them? His press conference after the Steelers game was embarrassing. After finding out that he wasn't a starter this Sunday he sounded like a cry baby. I'm kind of over JP myself.

Do I think the kid got a fair shot here? No. But it's time to move on.

bigbub2352
10-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Good post. What starter stays on the bench for not being 100%? Every player in the league right now is not 100%.

If JP was truly the starter on this team than he should be starting. My buddy told me over the summer that the FO was concerned about JP's leadership skills.

Jauron not once yesterday made any commitment to JP ever returning as the starter. Think about that. After 2 games you don't get a chance to get your job back? The FO is not high on JP. Can you blame them? His press conference after the Steelers game was embarrassing. After finding out that he wasn't a starter this Sunday he sounded like a cry baby. I'm kind of over JP myself.

Do I think the kid got a fair shot here? No. But it's time to move on.
3 cordinators in 4 yrs doesnt help either, nor does being benched for kelly holocomb, plus this is a TD guy and i think that is factoring into this as well

HHURRICANE
10-19-2007, 09:00 AM
3 cordinators in 4 yrs doesnt help either, nor does being benched for kelly holocomb, plus this is a TD guy and i think that is factoring into this as well

I have said all along that this team screwed his development. I truly feel bad that he ended up here because I believe he does have some talent and on the right team he could probably do okay.

Unfortunately the damage is done. The thing I just don't undertand is why he is doing all the things that it looked like he got rid of last year. The dancing feet, the double clutch, staring down receivers. It looked like he had overcome all of that and I was praising the coaching staff for holding him in the pocket til the bye. Is some of this not JP's fault as well?

Philagape
10-19-2007, 09:26 AM
JP said this week that if he came back in, he would play with a chip on his shoulder. Why didn't he take that attitude the minute they drafted a first-day QB?

Wraith
10-19-2007, 09:53 AM
JP said this week that if he came back in, he would play with a chip on his shoulder. Why didn't he take that attitude the minute they drafted a first-day QB?

You honestly can't see that a quarterback can have even more motivation if they're coming back from a benching? If he said "he would play with ANOTHER chip on his shoulder" would you stop your nitpicking? There's not enough to complain about without making up more?

HHURRICANE
10-19-2007, 10:03 AM
You honestly can't see that a quarterback can have even more motivation if they're coming back from a benching? If he said "he would play with ANOTHER chip on his shoulder" would you stop your nitpicking? There's not enough to complain about without making up more?

How many times does he need to come from the bench?

mybills
10-19-2007, 10:11 AM
How many times does he need to come from the bench?
It would be the 1st time in this exact situation.

Philagape
10-19-2007, 10:12 AM

Frankly, I expect every millionaire athlete to have maximum motivation for every game. "I'll try harder this time" is something they should never say.

juice
10-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Here is two better questions to ask and answers ourselves;
1. Does it really matter? We suck with one, we suck with the other
2. Who cares anymore? This whole QB controversy started by the fans is ridiculous considering you need a QB who has proven he can lead a team to have a controversy about. Right now we have two unproven young guys that have alot of growing up to do before next April.

Have you given up on the season 6 weeks in Draft?

A better question would be "Is it possible that this young team could be at .500 if it hadn't been depleted by injuries and could catch a break on an onsides kick?"

Maybe the youth this team has matured over the bye week.. the defense hasn't played too bad even though they're ranked almost last in the AFC.

Wraith
10-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Frankly, I expect every millionaire athlete to have maximum motivation for every game. "I'll try harder this time" is something they should never say.
What the hell is "maximum motivation?" Are any of you actual human beings? There's no such thing as "maximum motivation."

Philagape
10-19-2007, 02:46 PM
What the hell is "maximum motivation?" Are any of you actual human beings? There's no such thing as "maximum motivation."

Trying your hardest. Maximum effort. A pro athlete needs no more motivation. If having to fight for his job means JP will do anything differently than he's done before, that means he was holding something back, and there's no excuse for that.

Wraith
10-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Trying your hardest. Maximum effort. A pro athlete needs no more motivation. If having to fight for his job means JP will do anything differently than he's done before, that means he was holding something back, and there's no excuse for that.
My point is that NOBODY, no matter how well they are paid, goes full out to the point where they can't get a little extra motivation by outside circumstances (playoffs, having your ability questioned, a hot cheerleader) once in a while. Nobody. You would wear yourself mentally. Hell, I question whether there even is maximum effort, you can always dig a little deeper in some way.

Philagape
10-19-2007, 03:05 PM
I don't buy that. The great ones do it, and that's what makes them great.

OpIv37
10-19-2007, 03:12 PM
But Op said I was in silly denial. :roflmao:

that's not what was reported in other threads. There are plenty of articles that say JP DID practice this week, so I don't know why you find Sirius radio to be credible and those other sources to be lying. Oh, yeah- it fits your warped view of reality.

And come to think of it, you're not even finding Sirius to be credible- you're finding what an anonymous Internet poster said he heard on Sirius radio to be credible. Way to pick and choose sources of information.

BTW I didn't hear the interview, but a few people said that Jauron sounded indifferent, which supports the assertation that he's keeping his options open to save his own ass rather than displaying real leadership.

There's nothing wrong with JP anymore- deal with it.