PDA

View Full Version : Billick: Heap 'unlikely' to play vs. Bills

Mitchy moo
10-18-2007, 05:42 PM
This is freaking great news!!

Ravens tight end Todd Heap is "unlikely" to play Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, coach Brian Billick said today.

With Heap (hamstring) and Daniel Wilcox (foot) both not expected to play, the Ravens have just one healthy tight end in Quinn Sypniewski.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravensnotes1018,0,6113504.story?track=rss

raphael120
10-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Yay woo hoo more handicaps for the Buffalo Bills! Yippee! Maybe if all of the Ravens starters get injured we should maybe beat them!

I dont know about anyone else, I want all the starters in, and I want to beat them despite that. Im tired of relying on other teams to be messed up for us to have chances to beat them.

Mitchy moo
10-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Yay woo hoo more handicaps for the Buffalo Bills! Yippee! Maybe if all of the Ravens starters get injured we should maybe beat them!

I dont know about anyone else, I want all the starters in, and I want to beat them despite that. Im tired of relying on other teams to be messed up for us to have chances to beat them.

I just want the Bills to win, whatever it takes and whatever the advantage we can gain will be helpful. Wins against good, bad or indifferent teams are wins regardless.

raphael120
10-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Well I guess it makes it kinda even...our offense is starting a rookie, we only have 3 WRs worth a damn...well, 2. I count Reed and Parrish as half of a WR.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Everyone knows aside from Heap, the Raven's offense sucks ass. The test is the Raven's defense which is one of the best in the NFL, even minus McCalister.

I don't think when the game is over, that the big story from Buffalo was how the Ravens offense sliced and diced the Bills defense to pieces.

RockStar36
10-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Cool. Any help for the Bills is good news in my book. Stack against the run and stuff Willis

BILLSROCK1212
10-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Quinn Sypniewski is 6'7 so he is still a red zone threat

Philagape
10-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Todd Heap, TE BAL
News: The Baltimore Sun reports that Brian Billick declared Ravens TE Todd Heap "unlikely for Sunday" with a hamstring injury on Thursday. Heap has not practiced for the past two days after tweaking a strained hamstring in Week 6.

This is the best news yet. Heap would kill us

OpIv37
10-19-2007, 10:41 AM
hopefully he won't play- it will make it that much easier to stack the box for McGahee. With McNair and Heap out, he's basically their only offensive weapon. At WR, I don't know who they have after Mason (who's good but past his prime), and Boller certainly isn't much of a threat.

Philagape
10-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Mason can be dangerous against our D. They'll find him in 7-8 yard seams all day.

OpIv37
10-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Mason can be dangerous against our D. They'll find him in 7-8 yard seams all day.

as long as we hold on 1st and 2nd down he can have it. Bend but don't break, right?

OpIv37
10-19-2007, 10:44 AM
also I'm not so sure Boller can get him the ball.

Philagape
10-19-2007, 10:45 AM
as long as we hold on 1st and 2nd down he can have it. Bend but don't break, right?

Considering the games we've lost on FGs, I'm no fan of bending.

OpIv37
10-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Considering the games we've lost on FGs, I'm no fan of bending.

me neither- bend but don't break always breaks in the end. But I don't think they're going to beat us with 7-8 yard routes. They'll have to get some kind of running game going or go deep. Certainly our D is awful against the run, but this is the first chance we've had to really stack the box so we'll see what happens.

finfan34
10-19-2007, 10:54 AM
espn said last night that he was out, im almost positive he wont play, their next game is a division game

Mahdi
10-19-2007, 10:55 AM
me neither- bend but don't break always breaks in the end. But I don't think they're going to beat us with 7-8 yard routes. They'll have to get some kind of running game going or go deep. Certainly our D is awful against the run, but this is the first chance we've had to really stack the box so we'll see what happens.
Well we stacked the box against Dallas and it paid off. The difference for them was Witten. Without Heap they will have to rely on Mason alone. But 2 players that might be underrated in this game are Sypniewski(sp?) and Boller. Boller can play when given the chance. As long as we keep him under duress though it should be a long day for the Ravens O. Sypniewski has 14 rec so far, only 5 behind Heap and a TD.

raphael120
10-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Don't worry. We're the Buffalo Bills.

We'll find a way to lose.

mybills
10-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Don't worry. We're the Buffalo Bills.

We'll find a way to lose.
That's what I told the Dallas fan that I watch the MN game with.
:ill:

Carlton Bailey
10-19-2007, 12:37 PM

I would normally agree with you, raphael. But the Bills are so injured that it's only fair for them to face a team equally hurt.