PDA

View Full Version : Posluzsny...

jamze132
10-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Was it necessary to put Posluszny on season ending IR for a broken forearm? Couldn't they have created a cast that he could play with after a few weeks? I understand the whole issue with roster spots and all but I figure since we are ****ing that up pretty good, we could have kept him on the active roster so he could have at least got some more experience this season. He looks promising out there and it sucks that it happened to him.

Mitchy moo
10-18-2007, 05:49 PM
It must have been something that a cast could not cover, otherwise he would be playing.

HHURRICANE
10-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Both bones. If it had been one he'd still be playing.

G. Host
10-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I had the injury. Unless you put plates into both bones with screws you risk doing more damage.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 06:13 PM
I had the injury. Unless you put plates into both bones with screws you risk doing more damage.
So it is that bad, eh? Don't plates promote the healing process?

G. Host
10-18-2007, 06:27 PM
So it is that bad, eh? Don't plates promote the healing process?

They do but in a young player it can hurt them in the long run.
Veterans will do it because they get back to the game faster and do not want to be seen as old and brittle.

If it is as bad as mine was (looked like it) both bones were completely broken cleanly like a knife went thru which means there is less surface area for mending. When it is broken at an angle there is more areas to heal and less slipage.

After my break my arm was in a cast for 4 months. Partally my fault for someone ticked me off pinning my good arm in locker so I broke the cast over his head before picking him up and threatening to throw him over railing. This was a long time ago however and I did not have the modern medicine, drugs and trainers players have.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Veterans will do it because they get back to the game faster and do not want to be seen as old and brittle.

If it is as bad as mine was (looked like it) both bones were completely broken cleanly like a knife went thru which means there is less surface area for mending. When it is broken at an angle there is more areas to heal and less slipage.

After my break my arm was in a cast for 4 months. Partally my fault for someone ticked me off pinning my good arm in locker so I broke the cast over his head before picking him up and threatening to throw him over railing. This was a long time ago however and I did not have the modern medicine, drugs and trainers players have.
I can see how the angle of the break can effect the healing process. I only hope that he is able to play next year without any lingering effects.

Hopefully you got some anger management issues worked out by now?

G. Host
10-18-2007, 06:45 PM
I can see how the angle of the break can effect the healing process. I only hope that he is able to play next year without any lingering effects.

Hopefully you got some anger management issues worked out by now?

Yeah I think so. Being hit by crowbars, stools. etc a couple of times in college slowed me down but in the case I mentioned I was being pinned in the locker while his other fist was hitting me in kidney. Never got bothered again there which means it was the right decision even if I was suspended.
Comments were made that Glenn was small (at the time I was, http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/182-1152663298.JPG Parrish size) but in a fight you do not want to be on opposite side.

Meathead
10-18-2007, 09:27 PM
note to self dont piss of g with a cast

im4bflo
10-18-2007, 09:36 PM
it's Posluszny...
c'mon people, let's get it right :snicker2:

Bling
10-18-2007, 09:49 PM
it's Posluszny...

POZZZZZZZILLLLLLAAA!!!

jpdex12
10-19-2007, 11:15 AM

Teriffic story! There's nothing like an old war story.

Tatonka
10-19-2007, 11:23 AM
i was pissed at first too.. but obviously if there as any way they could have kept him off of IR they would have..

jamze132
10-19-2007, 01:19 PM
it's Posluszny...
Well why can't he have a name like Bell or Ball...ya know, something really easy for us in the tard hatch?

circlethewagons
10-19-2007, 01:30 PM
didnt webster have a similar injury if not the same?

im4bflo
10-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Well why can't he have a name like Bell or Ball...ya know, something really easy for us in the tard hatch?

PAUL BALL ??? :headscrat :snicker2:

G. Host
10-20-2007, 02:20 AM
i was pissed at first too.. but obviously if there as any way they could have kept him off of IR they would have..

If they could have kept him off IR they could have sold more jerseys and maybe some other stuff so it wasn't a financial decision. They still need to pay him and obviously he is not going to hit any incentives either way.