PDA

View Full Version : How is anyone happy with this?

X-Era
10-18-2007, 05:57 PM
How in the love of jobe is anyone happy with another 2 starting QB situation?

How is that possible? Did all of the fans that suffered through the Flutie/RJ and JP/Holcomb years miraculously die?

Did we forget the complete locker room division that that caused? Did we forget the mess that took years to sort out including cutting players that many of us liked alot because the coaches bounced back and forth and the players picked there sides and started running their mouths?

Has this team not suffered through enough that we need to re-live this all over?

Starter for a week? Dick has just blasted open the gates of hell for this team. And we have fans here that LIKE that approach?????

If there is a god in heaven that has grace enough to bless this team with a single blessing to finally heal some of the continuing wounds on this squad, he will give this current leadership a set of balls to name a starter and stick to their guns.

I frankly dont care that much who it is. Id probably rather have it be Edwards because his poise is going to be critical if we ever make it to the playoffs. But I can get behind either one. I just hope and pray that some here and that the leadership realizes that Wade and Mularkey were both jack-offs for playing games with this team and who the starter was.

If Dick has balls, he will name a starter and tell the players where the bear sh_ts in the woods before this gets messy.

G. Host
10-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Smart fans won't make it a controversy and will support either QB.

Until a QB shows he will not produce or does a Billy Joe Hobert I'll support either QB if not his rabid (not a misspelling) fans.

YardRat
10-18-2007, 06:19 PM
If Dick had a QB that would step up and play like a definitive #1, he wouldn't be put in a position to approach the situation with caution.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Smart fans won't make it a controversy and will support either QB.

Until a QB shows he will not produce or does a Billy Joe Hobert I'll support either QB if not his rabid (not a misspelling) fans.
I agree. I have said it many times in the past 2 weeks that I don't care who the QB is as long as he moves the ball and puts points on the board.

G. Host
10-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I agree. I have said it many times in the past 2 weeks that I don't care who the QB is as long as he moves the ball and puts points on the board.
Some you agree that the controversy is between press trying to generate readership/viewership and dumb fans. Not one I am getting involved in.

I do think the two QBs thrive in different offense formats and one QB may be better than the other based on defense we face. It will get what some will call "flip flopping" but if it works it is fine with me.

Edwards would do better against Ravens (in particular he handles Blitz better) but Losman against Miami because their defense is aging and he can long ball better.

Scenerio I predict:

TE plays a few games, gets dinged, JPL looks better in practice, gets starter back, gets dinged (Peters you should have blocked that guy!), TE plays and Nall continues to hold the clipboard throughout with possibly being let go a couple of games to fit someone on active roster.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-18-2007, 06:35 PM
I agree. I have said it many times in the past 2 weeks that I don't care who the QB is as long as he... puts points on the board.

When they start doing that, let me know.

Mr. Pink
10-18-2007, 06:35 PM
JP.era your start is a little misleading...we have two backup QBs, not two starting QBs. I've seen what we're gonna get out of Losman through different regime's any regime you look at, he's crap and will always be crap. If they could have moved him before the deadline they should have. Instinct says they couldn't which is why he's still here.

Edwards is a rookie who's thrust into the starting lineup way before he should have. Since he's still an unknown he can do well. The likelihood of that happening soon is minimal. Edwards should be on the sidelines right now taking in the game and learning but cannot because the guy who "was" the starter is an absolute joke of an NFL QB. Starter, backup or otherwise.

At least with Edwards I have some hope that we can pull some games out, with Losman out there I woulda already wrote this Sunday off as a loss. With Edwards we got a shot.

That's the thing with Losman, you could for certain say numerous games were a loss before they started because he always performed substandard against the better teams. While Edwards, you have no idea what he's gonna do yet, because we don't have a large enough sample size to make a realistic prediction yet.

jamze132
10-18-2007, 06:45 PM
When they start doing that, let me know.
By the level of passion most of us on here have, I think it will ring true across the country when we start winning again. Winning is the only thing that is going to save this team in Buffalo.

Bone
10-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Losman is a clown

Trent is the future

The end

raphael120
10-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Amazing how it's always back to square one with this organization.

We draft McGahee, trade away Henry, then we trade McGahee, draft Lynch...

Then we have Moulds, drag him though 2 failing coaching regimes, he gets pissed and wants to leave. Now we have Evans drug through 2 failing coaching regimes, and now he's getting pissed.

Then we have the QB situation as stated in the thread starting post.

The constant through this redudant **** ups? Ralphie.