PDA

View Full Version : We will win Sunday

cocamide
10-19-2007, 01:03 PM
I really don't know why, but I absolutely believe that we will win on Sunday. This is the first time I've felt this way all season, so I'm not just some unrealistic homer. (Even after Greer broke up the 2pt conversion I said to my friend that the Cowboys would get the onside kick and win with a fieldgoal, and that we'd probably have a better chance if they made the 2pt conversion and we went to overtime.)

Our offense is pathetic, but so is Baltimore's. McGahee seems to be up for certain games, but I think our guys will be up for it more than him. As pathetic as our offense is, I think they'll actually play well this week. Evans will finally break the 100 yard mark and get a touchdown. Why do I feel this way since there's no rational or logical reason to? I don't know, maybe I was hit in the head too much as a kid.

Carlton Bailey
10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
I completely agree. Even when the Bills were beating Dallas 24-13 in the fourth, I kept saying to those I was watching with that the Cowboys would win. And I said it even after the failed two-point try. This is Buffalo -- I knew we'd lose the game in some freak manner. Unfortunately, that happened.

But anyway, I do think the Bills will win this week. I don't see the Ravens as a very good team, despite their record.

cocamide
10-19-2007, 01:18 PM
I completely agree. Even when the Bills were beating Dallas 24-13 in the fourth, I kept saying to those I was watching with that the Cowboys would win. And I said it even after the failed two-point try. This is Buffalo -- I knew we'd lose the game in some freak manner. Unfortunately, that happened.

But anyway, I do think the Bills will win this week. I don't see the Ravens as a very good team, despite their record.

It's a shame that we've had to take this attitude towards the Bills, but I guess that's what to be expected when time and time again they find ways to lose. I thought things had changed after the Houston game last year, but sadly it hasn't. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to watching the game on Sunday.

Here's to hoping our predictions are correct: :cheers:

The last buffalo fan
10-19-2007, 01:41 PM
are we trying to cheer up our team?

Pinkerton Security
10-19-2007, 01:42 PM
They have beaten the jets, the somehow overrated cards, the niners who are struggling, and the rams, and even lost to the Browns and Bengals, neither of whom are stellar by any stretch of the imagination except their O's put up some points. I really think if our team, whether it is our O or D or combo of both, puts up 20, we win. Boller is worse than both of our QBs, and we all know how sad of a state that is. I dont expect Edwards to have more than 150, with a TD, and our D will have 3 picks. Whether we win will be based on TOP, which means we need to stop MCGillis Wahahee.

GO BILLS! i feel our 2nd win coming on real soon!

OpIv37
10-19-2007, 01:45 PM
I never feel like this team can win.

Back in the 90's we'd play the other good teams of the day- Chiefs, Steelers, Broncos, occasionally the 49ers or Cowboys, even the Dolphins some years- and it ALWAYS felt like we had a chance. There was never a game like the Pitt or NE games this year where I just feel like we had no chance.

And I don't feel that way every week. Certainly Baltimore has flaws and I feel like we have a chance against them, but I never have confidence that this team will win no matter how good or bad our opponent is. Over the last 7 or 8 years, this team has found more stupid, ridiculous ways to lose games: the Jacksonville game in 04, the 21 point comeback by Miami in 05, the Indy, Detriot and Tennessee games last year, the Dallas and Denver game this year- and those are just off the top of my head.

It's just so frustrating to have that feeling that no lead is ever safe and no victory is ever assured.

cocamide
10-19-2007, 01:53 PM

Back in the 90's we'd play the other good teams of the day- Chiefs, Steelers, Broncos, occasionally the 49ers or Cowboys, even the Dolphins some years- and it ALWAYS felt like we had a chance. There was never a game like the Pitt or NE games this year where I just feel like we had no chance.

And I don't feel that way every week. Certainly Baltimore has flaws and I feel like we have a chance against them, but I never have confidence that this team will win no matter how good or bad our opponent is. Over the last 7 or 8 years, this team has found more stupid, ridiculous ways to lose games: the Jacksonville game in 04, the 21 point comeback by Miami in 05, the Indy, Detriot and Tennessee games last year, the Dallas and Denver game this year- and those are just off the top of my head.

It's just so frustrating to have that feeling that no lead is ever safe and no victory is ever assured.

That's normally the way I feel too. I don't know why I feel different this week. Of course, it's when I think the Bills will do well when they do their worse. So, I'm probably just setting myself up for disappointment.

cocamide
10-19-2007, 01:53 PM
are we trying to cheer up our team?

I doubt they read this board. If I wanted to cheer them up, I'd send some hookers to their locker room.

trapezeus
10-19-2007, 02:06 PM
this game is the season.

If the bills can win and show some offensive capabilities. the players will support this coach. And then, the close denver and cowboy games become hurdles that they players will want to overcome. if they come out and play like anything they have for the past 5 games, this season is over. The players will officially be split about the QB position. The defense will just tire out, and they'll all hate the fact that they don't even have a bye to rest on.

This week is the turning point. One way or the other. and I don't feel like the bills can't compete on this one.

HHURRICANE
10-19-2007, 02:14 PM
this game is the season.

If the bills can win and show some offensive capabilities. the players will support this coach. And then, the close denver and cowboy games become hurdles that they players will want to overcome. if they come out and play like anything they have for the past 5 games, this season is over. The players will officially be split about the QB position. The defense will just tire out, and they'll all hate the fact that they don't even have a bye to rest on.

This week is the turning point. One way or the other. and I don't feel like the bills can't compete on this one.

Totally agree that this game is winnable at home. This team needs this win to try and turn the corner. 1-5 is going to be painful.

OpIv37
10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
the Dallas game was the turning point- if we could have pulled that out, we'd have some momentum for the rest of the season.

shelby
10-19-2007, 02:26 PM
:gobills:

i am not happy with Jauron's "Trent starts this week" mentality, and i hope Edwards has a great game.

i want McGahee's homecoming to be very unpleasant for him.

Mahdi
10-19-2007, 02:31 PM
I really don't know why, but I absolutely believe that we will win on Sunday. This is the first time I've felt this way all season, so I'm not just some unrealistic homer. (Even after Greer broke up the 2pt conversion I said to my friend that the Cowboys would get the onside kick and win with a fieldgoal, and that we'd probably have a better chance if they made the 2pt conversion and we went to overtime.)

Our offense is pathetic, but so is Baltimore's. McGahee seems to be up for certain games, but I think our guys will be up for it more than him. As pathetic as our offense is, I think they'll actually play well this week. Evans will finally break the 100 yard mark and get a touchdown. Why do I feel this way since there's no rational or logical reason to? I don't know, maybe I was hit in the head too much as a kid.
Actually I have the exact same feeling for some reason, and I also had a bad feeling bout that onside kick. I think Evans will break out also.

jamze132
10-19-2007, 02:37 PM
If you check out ESPNs Madden 08 sim, it has us losing 31-3. If you check out the Madden 08 sim for the Cowboys game, it had them winning 26-24 on a last second field goal set up by some miraculous plays.

Saying that I think it was just a coincidence but I don't see how our inept offense is going to do **** against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

HAMMER
10-19-2007, 02:47 PM
If you check out ESPNs Madden 08 sim, it has us losing 31-3. If you check out the Madden 08 sim for the Cowboys game, it had them winning 26-24 on a last second field goal set up by some miraculous plays.

Saying that I think it was just a coincidence but I don't see how our inept offense is going to do **** against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

Agreed, there is nothing to indicate we will score on anything but special teams or defense. The Ravens D is almost as good as NE and Pitt, which manhandled us.

DynaPaul
10-19-2007, 02:52 PM
I felt the same exact way before the Cowboys game and we were winning for 97% of the game. Then they found a way to screw it up again. Really for this game I'm going in with no expectations. I'll be there at the Ralph for this one. Hopefully we win but I'm not gonna be heart broken if we don't. This team has already given me too much stress as it is.

Bufftp
10-19-2007, 04:00 PM

I felt we could beat Dallas and we came close.
I think we will beat da Ravens.

SABuffalo786
10-19-2007, 04:27 PM
If we lose on a last second field goal again I will laugh harder than I ever have in my entire life.

OpIv37
10-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I felt we could beat Dallas and we came close.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about- we came close but found an almost impossible way to lose. Who would've thought that stuffing the 2 pt conversion would work AGAINST us? If they had made it, they wouldn't have attempted the onside kick and we'd either have one last shot or could have played for OT. This team just finds the WORST ways to lose games.

Bills4Life83
10-19-2007, 06:51 PM
I cant get my hopes up this time. I do feel like the Ravens are completely overrated and beatable, and I feel like we are a very capable team, but I just have to sit back and watch this time.

acehole
10-19-2007, 06:54 PM
I agree...I think we take it unless the coaches take another one away.

YardRat
10-19-2007, 08:39 PM

:beers:

Damn, I hope you're right.

cocamide
10-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, Evans didn't break 100 yards, and McGahee played decent.... But, the most important prediction was true: WE WON!

SABURZFAN
10-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Well, Evans didn't break 100 yards, and McGahee played decent.... But, the most important prediction was true: WE WON!

before you go breaking your arm patting yourself on the back,i hate to inform you that it was already predicted before you called it.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=137176

cocamide
10-21-2007, 09:11 PM
before you go breaking your arm patting yourself on the back,i hate to inform you that it was already predicted before you called it.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=137176

Sorry. I wasn't claiming to be Nostradamus. I was just happy that when I finally thought the Bills would do well, they actually won.

Damn, you can't even be happy about a win around here without someone giving you crap.