PDA

View Full Version : Peerless FINALLY Going on IR Today

raphael120
10-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Price to be put on I-R today

<table style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(0, 45, 120);" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left">Today
</td> <td align="right">Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:29 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2140)

</td> </tr></tbody></table> PRICE TO BE PUT ON I-R TODAY: Head coach Dick Jauron said after practice Friday that Peerless Price will be placed on injured reserve. That will open a roster spot to enable Buffalo to address their receiver position. With Sam Aiken doubtful, Jauron said it's likely they'll add a receiver from the practice squad before Saturday afternoon.
My money is on Justin Jenkins.

I thought Mayle was the one who did well with Edwards in preseason? Oh well. Would be nice if either one of them played and pulled a "Greer"

Wraith
10-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Mayle is the one who dropped the one "bomb" from Edwards that so many people hang their hats on. He has great speed but had the dropsies during camp.

raphael120
10-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Mayle is the one who dropped the one "bomb" from Edwards that so many people hang their hats on. He has great speed but had the dropsies during camp.

How does this Jenkins guy look? Did you go to any of the camps?

Mahdi
10-19-2007, 02:23 PM
I thought Mayle was the one who did well with Edwards in preseason? Oh well. Would be nice if either one of them played and pulled a "Greer"
I was much more impressed with Jenkins. He made many tough catches over the middle on slants and crosses, took the hit and held on. We need that opposite Evans. Hey Greer might become a starter due to Webster and Youboty going down, this could be a good thing if Jenkins impresses and ends up proving he's starter material. Good size too at 6'1 207.

Wraith
10-19-2007, 02:23 PM
How does this Jenkins guy look? Did you go to any of the camps?

He had hands like glue. He was very impressive. No idea how that translates to real NFL games. The problem is that a lot of receivers look great in camp.

jamze132
10-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I wonder why Dick all the sudden decided Price couldn't play anymore this year? Oh, wait... he's a complete idiot.

I am sorry but I think this could have been addressed oh, about 2 weeks ago!

Way to give the new guy a chance to succeed.

Carlton Bailey
10-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I remember vividly the catches Jenkins made v. Detroit. The guy held onto everything and took some big hits and made grabs in traffic. He was highly impressive.

Mahdi
10-19-2007, 02:28 PM
I wonder why Dick all the sudden decided Price couldn't play anymore this year? Oh, wait... he's a complete idiot.

I am sorry but I think this could have been addressed oh, about 2 weeks ago!

Way to give the new guy a chance to succeed.
There was no urgency to put him on IR. He knew he was going to activate Jenkins anyways. Whats the difference between activating Jenkins 2 weeks ago or saturday night? Either way he is practicing with the team.

bigbub2352
10-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Good Move DJ, glad we hired him always making the right moves at the right time, GO BILLS!!!

jamze132
10-19-2007, 06:05 PM
There was no urgency to put him on IR. He knew he was going to activate Jenkins anyways. Whats the difference between activating Jenkins 2 weeks ago or saturday night? Either way he is practicing with the team.
I don't think Jenkins gets the same reps with the offense than if he was on the practice squad. Plus it help his psychy the sooner he knows his role. Who knows what Dick was telling Jenkins. Besides was Jenkins or anyone esle even notified as to what was going to happen until today or even yesterday? In my experiences, you inform your people as soon as possible, not at the last minute.

G. Host
10-19-2007, 06:58 PM

Stop confusing them with facts!

Now the Ravens have 3 days to put together material on him.
Some want to get Ravens a better chance to win so they can say "I was right the Bills suck".

Wys Guy
10-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Peerless FINALLY Going on IR Today
... and right to waivers when he gets healthy after the season.

;)

YardRat
10-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I have to agree...Peerless is pretty much done here. It would be nice to see Jenkins get a couple balls thrown his way this Sunday.