• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

What is up with this team?

Some nights they look like ****, and some nights they look every bit as good as they were last year.

All I know is they need to learn to get off to faster starts- this "get behind early then come back" garbage may work against Toronto or the Caps but it's not going to work against Ottawa, the Rangers, etc.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: What is up with this team?

im4bflo will whine that it's the logo.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BSU Drew
      • Feb 2007

Whatever they are doing it is going to make this year very interesting. This year will obviously have a lot of highs and lows.. but it will be good entertainment right? haha

Comment

• SkateZilla
        • Dec 2002

saving energy for tomarrow nite?
        Skate Zilla
        -----------------------
        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• hurls
          • Oct 2003

Shouldn't we have kind of expected this? With the 2 Captains gone, this is a very young team looking for a guy to provide some leadership. The older guys we do have aren't that type. I agree with BSU Drew that it will be good entertainment, but "on the edge of your seat what's gonna happen now" stuff. There's no one to provide a calmness to settle a team down. This is where Lindy's ability will come in to play. I feel by mid-year they are a more consistent bunch. At least I hope someone like a Lydman, Mair, or Hecht will step up to help Lindy. Go Sabres!!

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

getting teppo back will help. they still desperately need a good physical defenseman. they were brutal again in front of their own net last night, letting guys continually skate through the middle virtually unmolested. note how many times you saw them standing in front of miller looking back at their own net, thats a real bad sign of defensive play. they were lucky they didnt give up more goals. somethings gotta change there or they wont survive long in the playoffs
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Some nights they look like ****, and some nights they look every bit as good as they were last year.

All I know is they need to learn to get off to faster starts- this "get behind early then come back" garbage may work against Toronto or the Caps but it's not going to work against Ottawa, the Rangers, etc.
              Honestly, this team only looks good against poor defensive teams and they look terrible against good defensive teams who lay the body on them. This team is too small and doesn't have one leader or even 2 leaders that can get them to get over the hump and win games. This team needs to make some changes or it will be a long season.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hurls
                Shouldn't we have kind of expected this? With the 2 Captains gone, this is a very young team looking for a guy to provide some leadership. The older guys we do have aren't that type. I agree with BSU Drew that it will be good entertainment, but "on the edge of your seat what's gonna happen now" stuff. There's no one to provide a calmness to settle a team down. This is where Lindy's ability will come in to play. I feel by mid-year they are a more consistent bunch. At least I hope someone like a Lydman, Mair, or Hecht will step up to help Lindy. Go Sabres!!
                Stop calling it a young team. Most of these guys were hear during the last two years and have plenty of experience. The organization has been hiding behind that excuse so far this year and it is a pile of crap. Yes, age wise, they are young...but experience wise, they are not. That excuse doesn't fly. The team just doesn't have a lot of heart or grit...that is what is wrong with this team. You can give them 10 years together and they still would have enough heart or grit to be a champion. I wish I was wrong, but these are the ingredients this team was missing last year with Briere and Drury and now they are missing it even more.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

it would be better if we get our acts together after midseason anyway.

Comment

• hurls
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    Stop calling it a young team. Most of these guys were hear during the last two years and have plenty of experience. The organization has been hiding behind that excuse so far this year and it is a pile of crap. Yes, age wise, they are young...but experience wise, they are not. That excuse doesn't fly. The team just doesn't have a lot of heart or grit...that is what is wrong with this team. You can give them 10 years together and they still would have enough heart or grit to be a champion. I wish I was wrong, but these are the ingredients this team was missing last year with Briere and Drury and now they are missing it even more.

So 2 years with a team is not considered young. I stand corrected. So I guess they're all a bunch of grizzled veterans then. Ok.

Comment

Working...
                    X