PDA

View Full Version : Mum's the Word on Buffalo

G. Host
10-20-2007, 02:31 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702482.html
He said he doesn't know what kind of response he will get when he steps on the field at Ralph Wilson Stadium. It's not going to feel strange to be back in Buffalo, which he described as "a nice city." He said doesn't have anything to prove there, and his legacy with the Bills was as "just a regular player, a regular person."

"I don't have a chip on my shoulder," McGahee said, as he fiddled with his gloves during a post-practice news conference. The Bills "didn't do anything to me. At the end of the day, we're all going to shake hands at the end of the game and go on about our business."

Even Willis can not be that dumb!

shelby
10-20-2007, 08:12 AM
yeah....

Willis McGahee insists Sunday’s game against the Buffalo Bills is just another one on the Baltimore Ravens’ schedule. Don’t buy it, say those who know him best.
According to them, McGahee circled this date on his calendar after the Bills traded the veteran running back to the Ravens last March.
“He’s geeked for this. Don’t let him tell you any different,” said Bills receiver Roscoe Parrish, who also played with McGahee at the University of Miami. “I know how Willis is. Willis lives for this. He’s ready to get out there and show people what he’s got.”
“This one means all the world, going up there facing some of your old teammates,” added Ravens offensive guard Jason Brown. “You definitely have something to prove. He’s going to take a lot of baggage up there. Hopefully, we’ll kick butt and leave it out on the field.”
However, no one will roll out the welcome wagon when McGahee takes the field at Ralph Wilson Stadium for the first time since the trade — on his 26th birthday, no less.
Fans haven’t forgotten or forgiven his unflattering comments about the city. To refresh your memory, he suggested in January’s Penthouse magazine that the Bills should move to Toronto. Two months later, he was quoted in the Baltimore Sun as saying he was glad to get out of Buffalo while also taking shots at the city’s nightlife and restaurants. He even made a somewhat unflattering reference to Buffalo’s women.
To a city sensitive about its image and to fans who constantly worry about losing the Bills, McGahee’s words were viewed as an act of high treason.
A lot of players who left the Bills got less than warm receptions when they returned to Buffalo with another team. But the hatred toward McGahee seems to run deeper than any former Bill has experienced.
There are billboards around the city touting a Web site where fans can buy T-shirts that say “Willis Is Trash,” and much worse. They can also purchase a DVD and a rap CD single titled, “Baltimore got our garbage because Willis is trash.”
Some people have placed videos on YouTube to express their bitterness. One video titled, “Farewell Willis McGahee,” shows a fan dressed in a Bills helmet and uniform setting fire to a McGahee poster on his front porch and saying, “Your career just flamed out.”
He expects much harsher treatment Sunday.
“I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a little, uh, hostile crowd,” McGahee said during a conference call this week. “That’s part of the game. So we’ll have to go in there and do what we have to do.”
"No Dodging the Ex-Factor for McGahee" (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/188298.html)

HotRod
10-20-2007, 03:40 PM
I hope he's shut down.

TigerJ
10-20-2007, 05:19 PM
It will be interesting because Buffalo should be as interested in shutting McGahee down as McGahee is in having a 200 yard game.

henrybacker
10-21-2007, 09:56 AM
I hope he blows his knee out

mybills
10-21-2007, 10:00 AM
I thought MOM's the word in Buffalo when he arrives.