PDA

View Full Version : Good article..."Bills' offense is bad no matter who the QB is"

shelby
10-20-2007, 07:17 AM
The decision has been made and Dick Jauron — or was it Ralph Wilson? — believes Trent Edwards gives the Buffalo Bills their best chance to succeed on offense.
Then again, through five games of this already monumentally discouraging season, has it really mattered who has played quarterback for the Bills?

Whether it has been Edwards for the last three games, or J.P. Losman for the first two before he succumbed to a knee injury that he has now recovered from, the Buffalo offense has been simply woeful.
The Bills have scored just four offensive touchdowns and three field goals, and they rank 30th in the NFL in scoring, 31st in total yards, 31st in passing yards, and 31st in first downs. "We're disappointed that we're not scoring," said Jauron. "Any offense in the league has to score points and we're just not. We've got to find ways to get it in the end zone. Now, how do you do that?''

Doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to realize our head coach is clueless?:doh:

full story (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071020/SPORTS03/710200309/1021)

mybills
10-20-2007, 07:21 AM
"no matter who the QB is"

Some of us smarter folk have been saying that right along. :curtsey:

casdhf
10-20-2007, 07:27 AM
I think Jauron survives another season, but I'm not so sure about Fairchild.

djjimkelly
10-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I think Jauron survives another season, but I'm not so sure about Fairchild.

thats would make me warm and fuzzy!!!!!

SABURZFAN
10-20-2007, 11:57 AM
"no matter who the QB is"

Some of us smarter folk have been saying that right along. :curtsey:

:laughter:

nobody has denied that the offense is bad.the offense just plain stinks when Lossman is in there.

Mr. Cynical
10-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to realize our head coach is clueless?:doh:

full story (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071020/SPORTS03/710200309/1021)

See sig. :up:

Elminster
10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I used to be just on the "Fire Fairchild" bandwagon. Now, I'm leaning towards firing Jauron too. No point in keeping a HC whose clueless. It's unfortunate, but clinging to a mistake in the name of consistency is worse than trying again. Fewell though...I'm willing to see what he does. He seems smart and inventive, let's see if he can keep it up and do things right in the final minutes. If he does...maybe we ought to keep him....

YardRat
10-20-2007, 12:22 PM
We were 32 after the first two weeks in every category, so at least we've improved a little bit.

mybills
10-20-2007, 01:56 PM
:laughter:

the offense just plain stinks when Edwards & Losman is in there.

Is there an echo in here?

Carlton Bailey
10-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Clean house. Bobby April and Perry Fewell can stay.

JD
10-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Rookie QB
Rookie RB

Give it time.
But could we get a proven #1 reciever in here soon? I love Evans dont get me wrong, but I just dont see him in that top role.

SquishDaFish
10-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Hmmm What Ive been saying all along now someone from the media is saying it. Now who looks right.

B-DON
10-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Hmmm What Ive been saying all along now someone from the media is saying it. Now who looks right.

I don't know anybody on this board that disagrees with this article. So slow down Nostradamus

djjimkelly
10-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Clean house. Bobby April and Perry Fewell can stay.

sorry no interest in cover 2 fewell can go too

jamze132
10-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Maybe we should have taken Bears fans advice, eh, Marv?

Fairchild is almost as hated as Gilbride was, and he's catching up fast.

Fewel should take "his version" of the Cover 2 and drown it. It's reatarded. We should lay a 3-4 or go get some fat bastards and play the 4-3 like we used to when we kicked ass on defense.

April can keep doing what he's donig, unless he wants the HC gig. he can have it.

Jauron? WTF?

raphael120
10-20-2007, 10:39 PM
I've been saying this all along. Who who have at QB is secondary when your offensive coaches are so clueless. You could have Brady behind center and he'd be horrible.

BTW, Tom Brady has more TD's than our whole entire team combined. (Including defensive and special teams TD's)

Wys Guy
10-21-2007, 09:22 AM

Clearly, not a whole lot has changed even though this is the second year in Fairchild's system and things were supposed to be easier, not to mention the team invested $75 million in its offensive line and drafted Lynch No. 12 overall to replace Willis McGahee.
"I think we're close," Fairchild said. "We'll get better as the season goes on. We're probably better than we have been playing. We've just got to go make it happen.''

Never fear y'all, you heard it right from a professional who knows more than any of us and has coached the Rams' offense.

We're close! We will also get better as the season goes on. Heck, maybe we'll be averaging 10 or 13 points per game when the season ends and be on the edge of seeing the plans for this powerhouse offense to finally come together next season as we hit a crescendo at 17 points-per-game.

And just think, most you here welcomed these guys with open arms and embraced them. ;)

Funny how history repeats itself.

Yes, it was a great article Shelby, even if it did state the obvious. My only statement regarding it would be that if Evans had 3 deep receptions for TDs by now, it really wouldn't be all that much different than last year's when everyone seems to perceive that it was so much better.

Strip off the deep balls and Evans didn't even have 10 passing TDs last season. That's more or less where we are now.

Should be an interesting game today. I don't expect our O to do much at all even with a banged up Raven D. But how our D handles a below-average Raven O should be telling. I think many of you are going to be highly disappointed after today's game and not merely because we lose.

YardRat
10-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I've been saying this all along. Who who have at QB is secondary when your offensive coaches are so clueless. You could have Brady behind center and he'd be horrible.

BTW, Tom Brady has more TD's than our whole entire team combined. (Including defensive and special teams TD's)

I'm pretty sure that Brady is out-scoring more teams than just Buffalo.