PDA

View Full Version : Miami's biggest rival?

mybills
10-20-2007, 08:02 AM
:eek: I guessed wrong. :idunno:
edit: I cut off the top -> Bills.

!Papacrunk!
10-20-2007, 08:41 AM
every rival game is important, but here's how I break it down for myself:

1.) Patriots--hate them/jealous of them because they are so efficiently good from top to bottom. Makes me want to puke to hear Welker pine for Brady, lol.

2.)Jets--in total head to head matchups in the history of the franchises the Jets have owned the Dolphins, whether it was by winning by 1 or coming back from a huge margin, the Jets always seemed to have our number

3.)Bills--Even though it always seemed to mean more to Bills fans than Dolphins fan (trying to be an over-condescending jerk) it's still a divisional game even though the rivalry has grown stagnant over the last some years.

Gunzlingr
10-20-2007, 10:02 AM
I think during the time where the Bills and Dolphins were the top dogs in the east, they were the biggest rivalry (I absolutely hate the dolphins more than any other team), but now that we both have sucked ass for going on 10 years it is more about knocking the Pats down a peg or two.

YardRat
10-20-2007, 12:43 PM
I think Dolphin fans have always viewed the Jets as their bigger rival, even in the Kelly-Marino years.

mybills
10-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Miami has always been the biggest rival for the Bills & NE. I figured it was one of us. :idunno:

Ickybaluky
10-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Miami has always been the biggest rival for the Bills & NE. I figured it was one of us. :idunno:

I don't know if Miami could be considered a rival of NE for most of their history, considering they beat the tar out of the Pats for about 35 years straight.

When I was little, the biggest rival of NE was probably the Jets. The 70's/80's teams hated each other, and there was the Boston/NY rivalry thing.

mybills
10-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't know if Miami could be considered a rival of NE for most of their history, considering they beat the tar out of the Pats for about 35 years straight.

That's exactly what makes them a hated rival. :D

!Papacrunk!
10-21-2007, 03:40 PM

lol, well they're getting their payback against the Dolphins. Yeesh. I'm wondering if the Pats have already put in their design request for their new SB rings.

This is my whine, but did Tom Brady and co. really need to be cute and do that Marino-esque fake spike td attempt...in Miami. That's the stuff that stings, when teams do that cutesy bs like when Flutie kicked that extra point a couple of years ago. 100% and especially when you've racked up a huge lead like today.

Mike13
10-21-2007, 05:51 PM
^ Thats all Bellicheat.

He is an ass for doing that, and for the needless **** You TD after JT's pick, the game was over at the half, no need for classless bull****.

I hope he gets impailed through the testicles.

jamze132
10-21-2007, 06:19 PM
lol, well they're getting their payback against the Dolphins. Yeesh. I'm wondering if the Pats have already put in their design request for their new SB rings.

This is my whine, but did Tom Brady and co. really need to be cute and do that Marino-esque fake spike td attempt...in Miami. That's the stuff that stings, when teams do that cutesy bs like when Flutie kicked that extra point a couple of years ago. 100% and especially when you've racked up a huge lead like today.
Well they gotta practice it for the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. That's right, the AFC team this year is just going to be the Patriots.

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't consider Miami much of a rival anymore anyways. It changes with the times.. Before it was Kelly vs Marino which is naturally going to lead to a great game and usually heartbreak for Miami fans. It's really hard to even have rivals anymore in the AFC East, the only team worth a damn is the New England Patriots and it takes two to tango.

Static
10-21-2007, 07:16 PM
We are a rival to no one this year.....just an easy win...