PDA

View Full Version : Here's my vision...

Yasgur's Farm
10-20-2007, 08:28 AM
... for the future Buffalo Bills...

I believe, in order to save the Bills, that a new 65,000 seat partially roofed stadium should be built on the Buffalo side of Batavia. Of course tickets would have to be more like the NFL average $80 or so.

Then a rapid rail system should be put in place from Albany to Buffalo (Just like the original Erie canal). The NYS Thruway would need to be widened as well.

In addition, a tunnel could be dug under Lake Ontario for road and rail service to and from Toronto, intersecting the NYS Thruway and rail system... Maybe that intersection could take place closer to Rochester. This would have great economic benefits to all of WNY.

DMBcrew36
10-20-2007, 08:36 AM
I like your vision, but the state would never make such infrastructure changes for a football team.

Also, that's kinda far from Buffalo.

Yasgur's Farm
10-20-2007, 08:45 AM
NYS would invest quite a bit to have an NFL team in NY... Beside... The sales tax dollar alone would make it worthwhile.

SABURZFAN
10-20-2007, 09:45 AM

I believe, in order to save the Bills, that a new 65,000 seat partially roofed stadium should be built on the Buffalo side of Batavia. Of course tickets would have to be more like the NFL average $80 or so.

Then a rapid rail system should be put in place from Albany to Buffalo (Just like the original Erie canal). The NYS Thruway would need to be widened as well.

In addition, a tunnel could be dug under Lake Ontario for road and rail service to and from Toronto, intersecting the NYS Thruway and rail system... Maybe that intersection could take place closer to Rochester. This would have great economic benefits to all of WNY.

the Bills will be gone before they could get started so why waste tax dollars?

YardRat
10-20-2007, 12:49 PM
If the taxpayers of NYS would need to get suckered into deals like that just to keep a team near Buffalo, screw 'em and let 'em move.

Yasgur's Farm
10-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm referring to the sales tax dollars that come from Canadian purchases.

YardRat
10-20-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm referring to all the money spent on the stadium, tunnel, thruway, rapid rail system, etc.

That's a helluva lot of money forked over with no gaurantee on any returns on the investment. NYS has a bad enough rep, we don't need to waste millions of dollars only to have some mega-rich bastard come in, scoop up the team and move them off to LA and say "Ah...Too bad for you."

North_Coast
10-20-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm referring to all the money spent on the stadium, tunnel, thruway, rapid rail system, etc.

That's a helluva lot of money forked over with no gaurantee on any returns on the investment. NYS has a bad enough rep, we don't need to waste millions of dollars only to have some mega-rich bastard come in, scoop up the team and move them off to LA and say "Ah...Too bad for you."

Just the stadium itself is too much with no guarantee that the team is going to stay.

Ralph Wilson "loves" Buffalo and WNY so much he's just about made sure that the team will move when he croaks by doing nothing.

BTW, the Rooney family has managed to keep the Steelers in the family for 4 generations and in Pittsburgh, and win 5 Super Bowls in the process -- and Pittsburgh isn't all that much bigger than Buffalo, and Western PA sure isn't much better economically than Western NY -- and it might not be as good since a lot of Northwestern PA is pretty poor.

The Irsays managed to keep Indy in the family and in Indy when ol' Bob Irsay died, and that small market team just keeps winning, including the Super Bowl.

Maybe Ralphie's just not trying very hard.

jamze132
10-20-2007, 10:41 PM
NYS would invest quite a bit to have an NFL team in NY... Beside... The sales tax dollar alone would make it worthwhile.
Good point, but there is a better chance of the NFL creating an expansion team in New York and then making the Jets and Giants call themselves from New Jersey.

Wys Guy
10-21-2007, 08:53 AM

LOL

Good post!

Don't forget moving Wall Street to downtown Buffalo too.

Yasgur's Farm
10-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Or you can just sit back and ***** and watch them go!