PDA

View Full Version : My quick thoughts on today's game

Coach Sal
10-21-2007, 11:27 AM
I really like the Bills chances to win today, for several reasons.

--Baltimore is not only banged up, but it sounds like they are totally discounting the Bills and holding guys out "just to get to the bye week and be healthy for Pittsburgh." Listen to Billick this week and you'll hear what I mean. He specifically said it was more important to rest McNair for one more week in order to get him ready for Pittsburgh in a couple weeks. Plus, that Pittsburgh/Baltimore game is on Monday Night Football.

The Ravens are looking past the Bills. To their bye-week. To a huge national TV game against the Steelers. They believe this game is already in the WIN column. No one should ever feel that way in this league.

--Obviously, the bye-week came at a great time for the Bills. They've had two weeks to get over the hangover of the MNF collapse and prepare for the Ravens.

--The Ravens put the ball on the ground a lot! And they lose it.
So far this season, Baltimore ranks 9th in the league in most fumbles with 10. But they are tied for 1st in the NFL with 7 fumbles lost!!

--Todd Heap missing for Baltimore is obviously a huge blow to their passing game. But it may be an even bigger loss to their run game. Not because Heap is a tremendous blocker, but because now, with the Ravens down to their 3rd string TE, the Bills safeties can creep up to the line and focus on run support a lot more confidently. And any LBs who are responsible for covering them won't have that huge threat to be taken verticle. They can stay home and attack the line a little more often even in that situation. I don't expect Willis to get to the century mark today because of this.

HHURRICANE
10-21-2007, 11:31 AM
I have said all week that this is a winnable game.

It better happen.

Philagape
10-21-2007, 11:57 AM
NO excuses this week.

Coach Sal
10-21-2007, 12:50 PM
--The Ravens put the ball on the ground a lot! And they lose it.
So far this season, Baltimore ranks 9th in the league in most fumbles with 10. But they are tied for 1st in the NFL with 7 fumbles lost!!

(12:01) (Shotgun) 7-K.Boller pass short right to 88-Q.Sypniewski to BAL 20 for 11 yards (55-A.Crowell). FUMBLES (55-A.Crowell), RECOVERED by BUF-52-J.DiGiorgio at BAL 23. 52-J.DiGiorgio to BAL 23 for no gain (89-M.Clayton).

Make that 11 and 8!

shelby
10-21-2007, 01:36 PM
:up: